Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2010-08-13, 16:19   Link #1
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
[XP] .exe reboots my PC

Good day!

I'm scratching my head at the moment. I'm using the program "Remote Joy light" to stream my PSP video signal to my computer. That worked all fine and well (well a few bugs in the fonts, but it worked nevertheless) - I used it weeks ago last time. And now I wanna use it again and shazaaaaam whenever I click the .exe it reboots my computer immediatly.

I already deleted it and reinstalled but still the same thing happened. I haven't spotted another execution file that makes my PC do that as of yet and I don't have any problems other than that afaik. It also makes no difference if my PSP is connected or not.

I also didn't make any big changes on my system or anything since the last time I used it.

Any ideas what the hell could be wrong?

My system is XP as stated in the title.

Last edited by zebra; 2010-09-07 at 13:46. Reason: title change
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 00:07   Link #2
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Good day!

I'm scratching my head at the moment. I'm using the program "Remote Joy light" to stream my PSP video signal to my computer. That worked all fine and well (well a few bugs in the fonts, but it worked nevertheless) - I used it weeks ago last time. And now I wanna use it again and shazaaaaam whenever I click the .exe it reboots my computer immediatly.

I already deleted it and reinstalled but still the same thing happened. I haven't spotted another execution file that makes my PC do that as of yet and I don't have any problems other than that afaik. It also makes no difference if my PSP is connected or not.

I also didn't make any big changes on my system or anything since the last time I used it.

Any ideas what the hell could be wrong?

My system is XP as stated in the title.
Which version are you using? Last time I checked it was 0.20 or something. I haven't used my PSP for so long ...but that version played perfectly for me.

It shouldn't give you problems if your PC is 32bits, 64bits IS a bit tricky. A couple of hours in google won't hurt, hehe.
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 18:15   Link #3
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

It seems to be a problem with my PC - it works all fine and well on my laptop. Both are 32 bit and the driver installing etc. was no problem.

My old boy is being picky again
Old 2010-08-18, 02:59   Link #4
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

What does the Windows event logs tell you about the issue? Look for the times exactly before the reboot occurs.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

(Btw. I figured out something neat about those MS support pages... the articles can be translated into other languages on the site, and the buzzwords (Windows terms - bold) are translated correctly... for instance english to german "Administrative Tools" => "Computerverwaltung" - the terms actually mean slightly different things, so a direct translation would not work... but its the correct terms for each of the languages)
Old 2010-08-18, 10:31   Link #5
Blanchimont

I've never found the path to windows eventviewer the normal way (ie, in xp, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer), it simply doesn't exist in that location (only thing being there is desktop.ini)(perhaps having Finnish version of xp might have something to do it?)...
...but the easiest way to find and access the logs, at least on xp, is probably Start > Run > "eventvwr"
Blanchimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 10:54   Link #6
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Hmm no idea where to find it now in the protocol .. I'll guess I'll just provoke it once more.
It did happen once again with a flash game a few days ago. Right when it's supposed to start - wham reboot.

Am I supposed to look under the 'system' category?
Old 2010-08-18, 11:59   Link #7
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Well, anything that gives us a hint... system or program (security is of no interest). Just wait until happens again, and next time you immediatly look into the logs. The interesting entries should be easier to find then.
Old 2010-08-23, 10:08   Link #8
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

It didn't occur since last time I posted - until I tried to start the above mentioned .exe again. Didn't try the flash again, though.

Here's the screen of the log:

Well, my operating system is in German of course, so .. But it shouldn't be that hard to decipher ... or is it?
Obviously:
Warnung = Warning
Fehler = Error

There wasn't anything interesting under Application (=Anwendung)

Edit: lol just noticed that Jinto won't have a problem witht the German XD
Old 2010-09-07, 13:53   Link #9
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

I found another program that used to work only a month ago, but reboots my PC now: FF XI.
Strangely I don't get an error message in the logs like above with that one.

I checked for viruses and so on and it only detected one thing that he removed without complaint.
My PC is pretty old, but stuff like that never happened before. Google only confused me more D: I kind of only land things that go into a different directions.

Is this a hardware thing? A virus that ate some data here and there?

Edit: Two minutes after I typed that I got a blue screen - while still browsing the board. And doing nothing 'cept typing.

Last edited by zebra; 2010-09-07 at 14:14.