AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-01, 12:16   Link #181
Akashin

I'm not complaining too much about the change. Digi Xros got a bit over the top at times (though I never disliked the concept), and what I actually liked most were the little Digi Xros combinations that were little more than tactical additions rather than full on evolution (like the Dorulu Cannon, the Jet Sparrow, etc.). And since this season keeps those ones intact, I'm happy.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 20:22   Link #182
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The downside is that it feels like the super evolution has become incredibly cheap. Something that Taiki and Kiriha had to push hard for everyone can do at the drop of a hat. Considering how easy it is we should have been seeing OmegaShoutmon by episode 2. True enough that Digi Xros doesn't need to be around right now since OmegaShoutmon is more powerful than X5. If they aren't going to have Kiriha or Nene around really don't need it since X7 is impossible without them.

Have to say wish they actually showed off that fight with Taiki. Get a good read for just how strong those guys are supposed to be.

Well at least got into the head of one of the rivals Airu. A trap focused person, loves cute, and now has an odd focus on Yuu .

Anyways just hoping they'll hurry through the introductions and get to something serious, now that they've got the kids finally with their partners. Right now tough since they are trying to give Tagiru some catchup to compare with Taiki's long series of development. Yuu is kind of the Kari of the series, part of the last one, but around for so little of the last series.

Do think they need some Kiriha to shake things up though . Someone to focus on hunting down these "rivals" who are getting in their way and kick their asses .

The preview for 6 did make me think that this is Zenjirou's chance to get back in the series. Of course he won't, that guy was dumped long ago. Though do wonder if they will say what happened to Akari. Gave her some prominence in the last episode of the previous season.
Old 2011-11-01, 20:34   Link #183
Akashin

The annoying lack of difficulty in achieving Chou Shinka was the first thing I noted to myself while watching the first episode but, unless they were planning to cut Taiki and Shoutmon out of the fighting (perhaps by way of keeping Shoutmon occupied with his duties as King, or something) until the new characters' Digimon were on a level closer to OmegaShoutmon, it couldn't be helped. I'm not sure if the way they did it is the lesser of the two evils, and I was momentarily bothered by it, but at least they've made the difference between Shoutmon and Gumdramon (less so between OmegaShoutmon and Arresterdramon) clear.

As for Zenjirou and Akari, ehh, still don't really miss them. I wouldn't mind seeing them get a brief "where are they now" segment like Nene did (Kiriha too, for that matter; heck, give him an episode with Taiki to show the new kids how it's done by busting out Shoutmon DX, assuming two Xros Loaders can still use Double Xros), but their lack of presence suits me just fine.
Old 2011-11-01, 21:14   Link #184
inkphoenix
++ The FABULOUS ++

Maybe It's just me.But what is the first thought when I see ShoutmonX4 ? It's super sentai robot.
So I glad to see it comeback to its original root.I mean Evolution.Combine with Xros up system that sound like Card slash in Tamer more.(์Not stuck them together at once but thought and used it depend on situation). Yay...it's WIN for me.
inkphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 21:34   Link #185
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I mean it's clear they had to do something. If they cut Taiki out and just made Tagiru the lead it really wouldn't have mattered either way since the show would just bomb with that guy as the solo lead (even if Yuu is still there). So guess they had no choice but to cheap out Super Evolution.

Of course Yuu managing to do the same kind of kills the theory that there is something suspect about the new Xros Loaders and Super Evolution. His looked just as instantly achieved as the others. I figured Damemon would work like this being recently reborn and thus not naturally evolved yet. Still doesn't mean something isn't suspect about the new Xros Loaders just that the Evolution isn't connected. Though Shoutmon's evolution doesn't look the same as the others (other than the OP) so could still be some distinction.

It's not that I miss those two, but feels like the show is continuing one of it's main weak points of just tossing away characters. Zenjirou and Akari were the clear examples and this time it's Nene and Kiriha + those two. It's harder to rationalize Zenjirou and Akari being gone since they actually lived in that town. Considering how focused both are on Taiki they wouldn't cut ties on their own.

Guess Shoutmon DX is too much for the series to handle . Plus I think they are afraid of having to do something stupid like "Xros up! Greymon." "Wait wasn't he called MetalGreymon?" "Shush we're not doing the combo names anymore."

Personally I prefered evolution so not like I don't like going back in that direction. Just seems like once they set up Evolution as something incredibly hard to attain they should stick to it, or tie it into the new Xros Loaders being fishy.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2011-11-01 at 22:01.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 21:47   Link #186
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I mean it's clear they had to do something. If they cut Taiki out and just made Taigur the lead it really wouldn't have mattered either way since the show would just bomb with that guy as the solo lead (even if Yuu is still there). So guess they had no choice but to cheap out Super Evolution.

Of course Yuu managing to do the same kind of kills the theory that there is something suspect about the new Xros Loaders and Super Evolution. His looked just as instantly achieved as the others. I figured Damemon would work like this being recently reborn and thus not naturally evolved yet. Still doesn't mean something isn't suspect about the new Xros Loaders just that the Evolution isn't connected. Though Shoutmon's evolution doesn't look the same as the others (other than the OP) so could still be some distinction.
I never considered the ease with which Tagiru (and now Yuu) achieved Chou Shinka to be suspicious. Contrived yes, given the difficulty Taiki and Kiriha had with it, but not suspicious. The clock guy himself definitely is, though.

Quote:
It's not that I miss those two, but feels like the show is continuing one of it's main weak points of just tossing away characters. Zenjirou and Akari were the clear examples and this time it's Nene and Kiriha + those two. It's harder to rationalize Zenjirou and Akari being gone since they actually lived in that town. Considering how focused both are on Taiki they wouldn't cut ties on their own.
Well, miss them or not, I can agree with that. On the other hand, though, that exact relationship they have with Taiki would make it hard to bring them up without having to bring them back into the story again. Unless they give those two the same treatment they gave Nene, but it'd be a bit weird if three of Taiki's friends conveniently left over the course of the year.

Although, at the rate things are going right now, I'm finding myself agreeing more and more with the person who said that Zenjirou would have been a more welcome General/Hunter than Tagiru. And I liked him well enough that, were he actually made relevant to the plot and not made a sidekick again, I'd have welcomed that.
Old 2011-11-01, 22:07   Link #187
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
I never considered the ease with which Tagiru (and now Yuu) achieved Chou Shinka to be suspicious. Contrived yes, given the difficulty Taiki and Kiriha had with it, but not suspicious. The clock guy himself definitely is, though.
Well it's more like a theory I just thought up on the spot. Could have been interesting and dealt with the issue of the easy Super Evolution all at the same time.

Quote:
Well, miss them or not, I can agree with that. On the other hand, though, that exact relationship they have with Taiki would make it hard to bring them up without having to bring them back into the story again. Unless they give those two the same treatment they gave Nene, but it'd be a bit weird if three of Taiki's friends conveniently left over the course of the year.
True, that if they were around they'd have to be part of the story. Though in a sense it wouldn't matter since that old guy seems to be handing Xros Loaders to everyone anyways. This time they wouldn't be completely useless.

The only rationale is that they both moved...at about the same time . That's assuming they ever mention those two in the story at all.

Quote:
Although, at the rate things are going right now, I'm finding myself agreeing more and more with the person who said that Zenjirou would have been a more welcome General/Hunter than Tagiru. And I liked him well enough that, were he actually made relevant to the plot and not made a sidekick again, I'd have welcomed that.
Glad to have your support . I'm almost sure I said that at some point.
Old 2011-11-01, 22:11   Link #188
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
I'm hoping Akari and Zenjirou get to pull off a Big Damn Heroes moment later on.

Set by TheEroKing.

Last edited by .:Jason:.; 2011-11-02 at 19:42.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 19:15   Link #189
Midonin
Last Engage

This is one thread I never expected to be in need of a (CR) tag, but now it is, apparently.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 18:56   Link #190
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Spoiler for Episode 60:

Last edited by trinitem; 2011-11-05 at 19:01. Reason: random grammar whatnot
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 21:50   Link #191
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 57: The Robot's Club Dream: Pinochimon's Nightmare

Ok. Right now I'm at the third episode.

Starting episode for the seventh episode used a pretty old formula found during the first half of Digimon Adventure 02, the first quarter of episodes for Digimon Tamers and Digimon Savers.

The case goes with classmates around Taiki's school getting frustrated or obssesed at their own inability to achieve a goal. When this happens, they quickly mind-rape themselves over and over unknowingly that they become targets or being kidnapped by wild digimon answering to those dark desires.

Conventional and formulaic, but it is the way it is meant to get the targeted demographic get used to the new show.

As far as I could see, the only trail that could possibly or not advance just to a tiniest speck the overall plot for this episode was that Pinnochimon's got brainwashed to have the GigaBrakemon built. Aside from that, we got some nostalgic flashbacks from the previous series around Taiki befriending Pinocchimon the first time both met.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 12:25   Link #192
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Ep6:
Old 2011-11-07, 14:08   Link #193
Homura7

It's very simple. Gumdramon has been portrayed as the weakest of the digimon partners since the first episode. His wish is to become one of the strongest digimon in the world, and I guess there's no need to say he and Tagiru are amateurs right now. Taiki, Yuu and the rival team hold much more experience and this can be noted when they put into practice their qualities. It's kinda like with Takato and Guilmon.

Spoiler for spoiler:

The two are years light before they can get even remotely close to both their allies and rivals in terms of power.

With that said, next episode has a lot of promise. The real shit starts from there.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 14:09   Link #194
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

I find the episode about kendo very amusing
Old 2011-11-07, 17:31   Link #195
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I suppose we could call this a milestone of Tagiru gaining a digimon besides Gumdramon capable of holding a conversation. Thought at this rate he was just going to pick up all the berserk/feral digimon out there.

The next episode didn't seem to have that much promise. Likely continuing the necessary Tagiru development. Guess they need to stock up on Tagiru's forces which hopefully isn't going to take too much longer.
Old 2011-11-07, 18:00   Link #196
Homura7

^

Humm, I think the partner reeft marks the beggining of Tagiru (and Gumdramon) character development. This is why I say it has a lot of promise. From what I could understand...

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 21:50   Link #197
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
^

Humm, I think the partner reeft marks the beggining of Tagiru (and Gumdramon) character development. This is why I say it has a lot of promise. From what I could understand...

Spoiler for spoiler:
That's certainly what I figured the preview was pointing towards. Though I think the series needs more to have something key happen in the general situation rather than Tagiru/Gumdramon character development.

Not that what's likely coming shouldn't be interesting in its own way. Just kind of hanging in there and hoping for something more than just that. But at the very least it could be a bigger episode than the others we've had to this point.
Old 2011-11-07, 22:19   Link #198
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Isn't Hunter only allowed to reload one Digimon at a time? How come Kotemon could come out to talk to Musashi after the fight ended? Or at that time Kotemon hasn't technically become Tagiru's Digimon yet, even though it has went inside his Xros Loader, so it still has the freedom to come outside the Xros Loader?

That makes me wonder too, what is Pinnochimon now? Is it become Taiki's Digimon? Are Digimon whom now live on Digi Quartz can't return to Digital World?

And how come Cutemon could reload itself from Taiki's Xros Loader. I thought Taiki's old Digimons are special somehow since it was manipulated by Wisemon so they can access his Xros Loader from Digital World but then again Shoutmon still need Taiki if it wanted to come out:disappoin

I know this season just only started but still, these are bugging me
Old 2011-11-07, 22:32   Link #199
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

The whole 1 digimon reloaded at a time thing has felt pretty complicated at times. The whole cutemon episode felt similarly. He could make Damemon super evolve which would make you think there's a connection, but cutemon is still outside of the Xros loader that he was the last one inside of. Though make some good points on the Kotemon episode too. I wasn't paying much attention to that (though guess neither was those who made the episode ).

At this point it feels like a bizarre decision they made just so they could eliminate having Taiki's whole team follow him around, or maybe it was connected to eliminating him using X4/5/etc.

This is kind of the problem I've had though with this second season. They are running around trying to build up Tagiru's character/make him likable when there is a lot of questions about the very basics of the series sitting around. Their call to focus on one before the other, but it leaves you wondering about other things.
Old 2011-11-08, 01:39   Link #200
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The whole 1 digimon reloaded at a time thing has felt pretty complicated at times. The whole cutemon episode felt similarly. He could make Damemon super evolve which would make you think there's a connection, but cutemon is still outside of the Xros loader that he was the last one inside of. Though make some good points on the Kotemon episode too. I wasn't paying much attention to that (though guess neither was those who made the episode ).

At this point it feels like a bizarre decision they made just so they could eliminate having Taiki's whole team follow him around, or maybe it was connected to eliminating him using X4/5/etc.

This is kind of the problem I've had though with this second season. They are running around trying to build up Tagiru's character/make him likable when there is a lot of questions about the very basics of the series sitting around. Their call to focus on one before the other, but it leaves you wondering about other things.
Wow... Yiu know, I think I was thinking the same.