Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-07-09, 07:10   Link #21
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Anyone else expecting the supernova alliance to mop the floor with their own faces when they encounter Shanks and his crew?
I think they already got whooped on by Shanks. My theory, is that Shanks was the one that cut Kid's arm off to teach him a lesson. He seems a little more humble than before the time skip. Fujitora will give Luffy time to recover, it's only fair since he took the brunt of the work with Doflamingo. Might even give him a ride out of Dressrosa.

On another note, it's very nice to see that Akainu did get some scars from Aokiji. Though part of me wanted him to be unscathed to show what a monster he is, and that Luffy still has a lot to work on before fighting him.
Old 2015-07-09, 07:45   Link #22
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
So Aokiji is on Blackbeard's side after all. This makes me sad. What the hell is a former Admiral trying to accomplish by getting chummy with a Yonko?
It's very likely Aokiji has an ulterior motive for teaming up with Blackbeard. They're definitely using each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dezz View Post
On another note, it's very nice to see that Akainu did get some scars from Aokiji. Though part of me wanted him to be unscathed to show what a monster he is, and that Luffy still has a lot to work on before fighting him.
It was to be expected Sakazuki would have battle scars. He even lost a piece of his ear. He's also no longer wearing his red suit; it's now a white/grey one.

-----

I'm intrigued as to why Kidd's alliance is going after Shanks. Even though Shanks is a "good guy", you don't become an emperor by being a saint. There's more to him than meets the eye.
Old 2015-07-09, 07:46   Link #23
itachi-san314

Holy shit! That ending. I like how Fuji isn't like Smoker and isn't going to give the pirates a break just because they helped him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I even appreciate how Oda stuck to what he wrote in the SBS and shows Killer eating noodles through his mask!
OK so that is what was happening... Haha! Classic Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
OMG, shit's about to go down, Akainu wants Law and Straw Hat's head and Fujitora doesn't seem to mind, maybe we'll see some Zoro action ? Doubt he'll take him out, but possibly show off some real skill.
I expect to see a full strength Zoro get beat down. Especially with the knowledge that Fuji wasn't trying. Oda's said it a couple times now. He's going to be a beast.

Quote:
Anyone else expecting the supernova alliance to mop the floor with their own faces when they encounter Shanks and his crew?
Not really. I could see the new Supernovas ousting a sitting Emperor. They might have to have some sort of Haki cryptonite or something along those lines to surprise Shanks though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
So Aokiji is on Blackbeard's side after all. This makes me sad. What the hell is a former Admiral trying to accomplish by getting chummy with a Yonko?
I wouldn't count him out yet. I'm sure he has something more interesting in mind that he needs to accomplish by using BB
Old 2015-07-09, 07:56   Link #24
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

no way fuji will fight luffy n law... he will prob help them escape
if he does attempt to capture them I'm assuming people will step in to help: sabo, a surprised appearance by someone (garp, shank, big mom, kuzan, etc..." or king riku will call in a favor and tell fuji to let them go

remember the conversation kuzan had with smoker? he said something like, "i'm still me smoker", he has other motives for being with bb

btw, anyone else think Jewelry Bonney will join the L&L alliance?
Old 2015-07-09, 07:58   Link #25
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
OMG, shit's about to go down, Akainu wants Law and Straw Hat's head and Fujitora doesn't seem to mind, maybe we'll see some Zoro action ? Doubt he'll take him out, but possibly show off some real skill.

Actually, I'm not expecting Fujitora to go gunning for the Straw-Heart alliance just yet. Putting aside that it's kinda soon for another major battle so soon after the Dofla conflict just ended, I feel that Isshou is the type who would cut the pirates some slack for just this one occasion, since he even publicly acknowledged the fact that they were the ones who saved the country. Basically, it would be equivalent to Smoker letting Luffy escape to take down Crocodile, to bring up that comparison again. And even if Fuji does intend to hunt down the pirates, Riku already made it clear that he'll shelter them from the marines, anyway.

Now that being said..... of course, all bets will be off between pirates and marines alike once everyone sets foot outside of Dressrosa.

....And am I the only one wondering where Bastille is? I know Sabo took him down and all, but I wanna see him again (we should be able to see his face now too since Sabo destroyed his mask)....

Quote:

Surprisingly.... I don't actually expect the Kid alliance to go down so easily. Mainly because I don't expect them to confront Shanks right away. Like with Luffy's alliance, they'll probably spend a bit more time gathering more forces to their side before they strike against the emperor. I definitely don't expect them to win against Shanks, though..... personally, I still feel that it'll be Blackbeard who will eventually slay the red haired one (possibly even after he gets worn out from the war against the alliances, similar to Teach took down Whitebeard).
Old 2015-07-09, 08:17   Link #26
itachi-san314

Quote:
Actually, I'm not expecting Fujitora to go gunning for the Straw-Heart alliance just yet. Putting aside that it's kinda soon for another major battle so soon after the Dofla conflict just ended, I feel that Isshou is the type who would cut the pirates some slack for just this one occasion, since he even publicly acknowledged the fact that they were the ones who saved the country. Basically, it would be equivalent to Smoker letting Luffy escape to take down Crocodile, to bring up that comparison again. And even if Fuji does intend to hunt down the pirates, Riku already made it clear that he'll shelter them from the marines, anyway.
But that's why that approach would be boring. We've seen it before with Smoker. I think it would be much more interesting if his character is simply about defeating all pirates (including warlords) at all costs and as soon as possible. I agree that we probably won't see a big battle right away, but something is going to go down. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but he looks serious to me. And he's already just messed with Akainu. I don't see him messing with him again so soon.

although thinking about it, Oda has completely lied in these chapter cliffhangers before (e.g. "Law is Dead!" and "Law is dead AGAIN!") so who knows...
Old 2015-07-09, 08:38   Link #27
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
But that's why that approach would be boring. We've seen it before with Smoker. I think it would be much more interesting if his character is simply about defeating all pirates (including warlords) at all costs and as soon as possible.
Really? Because while it's true that Fuji is pretty decisive in his actions, his demeanor strikes me more as..... perhaps patient is the word I'm looking for here? Like, notice that when we were first introduced to him, he wasn't scrambling to arrest pirates, but was casually gambling in a bar (though he did use his power on the guys who swindled him). Also recall that he was careful to hide his identity from Luffy's group during that bar scene. And that's not to mention when he made sure to confirm where Law's loyalties lie at Green Bit before he actually took action against him. He basically seems like the type to explore every possibility in a given scenario before taking action. He's the complete opposite of Akainu, who doesn't bother to give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to punishing evildoers. Is it really any wonder why the two were practically biting each others' heads off this chapter?

So with that being said.... yeah, I can easily see him letting off the pirate alliance this one time. Yeah, I'm aware of what he said to Akainu, but I'd say that's more or less because he got caught up in the heat of the moment. I really doubt he's in any rush to apprehend anyone outside of Dofla's gang for the time being.
Old 2015-07-09, 09:03   Link #28
P_Dezz

Calling it right now: Fujitora, Sabo, Zoro vs CP0
Old 2015-07-09, 09:05   Link #29
kakakka

My interpretation of what is going to happen is that, Luffy and co. is going to get away. because they're admiral's prey atm, no one would make their move first against the Strawhats and since Fujitora is indebted to them this one time, he would be lenient this time around.

Quote:
I think it's better that Akainu has scars. If I remember correctly, the admirals are roughly the same in terms of power and fighting capabilities. So, the fight between the two should not be as easy as walk in the park.
Old 2015-07-09, 09:08   Link #30
imza

Excellent chapter! Love hearing all the updates.

I still think for Kuzan, he can't be truly part of BB. It's more plausible that he is undercover for the Marines or the Revolutionaries. Otherwise BB makes no sense, Shanks would have been a much better match if he wanted a Yonko's protection.

And for Fuji attack Luffy/Law, I think it could happen as now he has no reason to be friends with them. However, I think Sabo would be able to a put stop to Fuji making any moves towards them.
Old 2015-07-09, 09:22   Link #31
Slayerx

My god was Panda's translation bad. That shit ain't even worth reading; better to wait for something good and read it right.

Quote:
But that's why that approach would be boring. We've seen it before with Smoker. I think it would be much more interesting if his character is simply about defeating all pirates (including warlords) at all costs and as soon as possible. I agree that we probably won't see a big battle right away, but something is going to go down. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but he looks serious to me. And he's already just messed with Akainu. I don't see him messing with him again so soon.
Well ya, though that's kind of a point. There is a very direct parrel drawn between Dressrosa and Alabasta. Dressrosa is what Albasta would have turned into if no one stopped crocodile... but Alabasta's stopry did not have a perfect ending because everything got covered up. Fujitora wasn't gonna let that happen again and this time sought to expose the government for its mistakes. And really Fujitora seems like he is more than happy to butt heads with Akainu over this. He's not gonna tolerate corruption amongst the marines.

Quote:
Heck, why not throw Bonney in there, too? She seems to approve of the L&L alliance and their exploits, after all.
I got my money on Bonney joining them. Bonney's got some kind of connection to Akainu and the world government, a connection that pisses her off... that just screams "tragic past"... Also we need to get Luffy and Bonney at the same dinner table; that shit just writes itself

As for Capone, it looks like he might be working for Big Mom and is about the butt heads with Sanji's group.

And that just leaves Urouge. No idea what he'll end up doing.
Old 2015-07-09, 09:26   Link #32
danielevo

After fight with Kuzan, now with Fuji, what a poor character Sakazuki.

And now we have something interesting, Oda explain that Navy (Sakazuki) is just the Surface of the Goverment.. I think this really important information somehow, but we will know how important it is in the future.

Good chapter, i hope to see Sanji group two or three chapter after this week.
Old 2015-07-09, 09:41   Link #33
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You really shouldn't.

- There's already a licensed, professionally published English OP that comes out simultaneously with the Japanese release.
- Panda puts out incredibly shoddy, terrible speed scanlation as quickly as possible to gain the maximum amount of traffic for revenue
- Their work is obstructive to the legitimate work of the official release, which is impeccable in quality. (Stephen is one of few translators out there that gets my stamp of approval.)

There's nothing to be thankful of Panda's work.
They deserve every scrutiny you can throw at them.
I didn´t even know about that... How can you get access to this licensed translation? Can you PM about that, please?
Old 2015-07-09, 10:19   Link #34
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Wow, what news we've learned. It's been a while since I've actually enjoyed a chapter this much. I always love aftermath chapters though due to this.

Wonder what will happen with kids group? I don't see Shanks wanting to fight with him, he's not evil. The only way I could see an actual fight happen between the two groups is if Kid does some thing that'd tick Shanks off.

So Ok, will Fuji actually try to fight the crew like this? Panda man at the end of the Thriller Bark arc felt bad for fighting them due to what happened and them being in awful condetion they were in. Wonder if Fuji will give them a head start than try to stop them? Or yah know?

Now for group B Strawhats, what the heck happened to them? Did they really get caught by Big Mom? Will we really be going to have another arc without them in it? If so, how will Luffy's group get off the Island this time? Hitch hike?

I hope we get a chapter pretty soon on what happened with team B.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2015-07-09, 11:11   Link #35
itachi-san314

Quote:
Really? Because while it's true that Fuji is pretty decisive in his actions, his demeanor strikes me more as..... perhaps patient is the word I'm looking for here?
I agree with you that he is patient, open minded and that he has a moral justice that he will impose on anyone he sees fit including the Navy. I'm just hoping his moral justice is different than Smoker's since that is too similar to Smoker for me. Smoker in this chapter actually points out that they are different. I think the cliffhanger is pointing out that he is even more different than we originally thought. He thanked the SHs for doing his dirty work. He didn't pardon them. I think he's using the old adage: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

His first goal is ridding the Navy of the Warlords who are the worst pirates in his estimation since they are essentially above the law. His secondary target, I assume, is normal pirates. They helped take Mingo and the Warlords down sure, but that doesn't mean he planned on letting them go too.

Quote:
He's the complete opposite of Akainu, who doesn't bother to give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to punishing evildoers. Is it really any wonder why the two were practically biting each others' heads off this chapter?
They are certainly opposites. I agree. I'm actually thinking Fujitora is a more complex character as well. I think that if he switches targets to Luffy and Law then he would be tough to read, more interesting and somewhat of an actor-type character.

Also, let's not forget that Law is a Warlord as well (at least for the time being). And Fuji's serious face in the end would be one hell of a red herring.

Quote:
So with that being said.... yeah, I can easily see him letting off the pirate alliance this one time.
It's most likely that he let's them off based on the past of the story. I just hope it's not the case.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm aware of what he said to Akainu, but I'd say that's more or less because he got caught up in the heat of the moment. I really doubt he's in any rush to apprehend anyone outside of Dofla's gang for the time being.
Doesn't 'getting caught up in the heat of the moment' go against what we both seem to think his character is like? I think he was waiting to hear Akainu's reaction and hoping they'd still be on the same page regarding other pirates than Mingo. I think, since Fuji is so smart, that he's picking his battles with Akainu. Since he just got a victory, it's best not to poke the dragon again for a while.

Quote:
Calling it right now: Fujitora, Sabo, Zoro vs CP0
I don't think he wants to lose the Admiral title. Fighting CP0 would ensure that he does. We already have Kuzan as a renegade Admiral. I doubt Oda will have 2 of them. The Navy can't keep losing such massive firepower.

EDIT: I'll leave what I said above for possible discussion, but I just read a better translation and it looks like Fuji actually doesn't want to go after Luffy and Law.

Last edited by itachi-san314; 2015-07-09 at 11:25.
Old 2015-07-09, 11:25   Link #36
Rainbowman

Conspiracy themed chapter. Quite interesting. Anything else we need done to get this arc to a proper close?
Old 2015-07-09, 11:41   Link #37
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I.... really respect Fujitora
He would probably intentionally letting Strawhat and Law to slip over him easily to pay off their deed in Dressrosa

Akainu is a jerk as usual
and it is nice to see the Supernova... feel little bad for Bonnie because she hasn't recovered her crews yet
Old 2015-07-09, 11:42   Link #38
P_Dezz

Quote:

I don't think he wants to lose the Admiral title. Fighting CP0 would ensure that he does. We already have Kuzan as a renegade Admiral. I doubt Oda will have 2 of them. The Navy can't keep losing such massive firepower.
If CP0 tries to take Doflamingo away from Marine custody, that may just trigger a very violent response from Issho.
Old 2015-07-09, 11:44   Link #39
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Wait, I thought Fujitora was giving Akainu a middle finger when he said "Fine by me. That's exactly how I want it", reffering to "Every marine HQ base will be closed to you [until you bring Straw Hat's and Law's head]", and not about bringing their heads.
Old 2015-07-09, 12:14   Link #40
laughingwalls

^thats then salient point. I have no doubt fujitora will be one of many marines whose personal ambition is to catch straw hat like smoker and coby. I think the statement fujitora implies he also doesn't care to work under aikanus terms. He could care less if he's not allowed in marines bases if thats the way akainu works.
Closed Thread