AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-03, 11:29   Link #1301
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
So it looks like not only is Mamika a fool, but Alice as well for even thinking for a second that Meteora was the one that killed Alice. Bleh

She would be better if she didn't talk so much.
I agree!!! Like can you please shut up and Sota why are you even entertaining her
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 11:30   Link #1302
Blueknight78

well that is why i hate characters like souta, all that things could be avoided if him was not a big coward, it's a human thing but is a "bad human thing", due to he being unable to proper talk mamika died, while he don't did it on purpuse his actions lead to her death, this was basically what i was saying which, when you have "crap pilled" and don't throw it, the crap just gonna increase and one moment gonna bit you hard as it bit him and was needed he be bullied and suffer like that to finally realise his mistake, he needed to be punished in order to finally open what is really bad for him and everyone because a good person died for this, really awesome souta, keep remember me the "crap sides of mankind", it's not like trump and the guy from NK not already enough to remember.

and magame, no words she is amazing really a very good enemie which like i told knew how to twiste and fool peoples using the "right words" and say things like "justice is a lie and using the "human" argument and all bla bla bla she know what to say to play on peoples.

and yuya man you are really cool, i really can't imagine yuya as a bad guy, this guy is soo cool and bro, i would love to see a serie about him, if he is like that the mc must be "batman" levels of coolness, because he already proof being the most cool rival mc ever i saw in anime, i really liked yuya.

R.I.P mamika you wa really a awesome magical girl and i never forget about you and hope they find a way to ressurect you.
Old 2017-06-03, 11:30   Link #1303
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Agree!!!

As I reported earlier, they already cut her lines a lot, according to Hiroe.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 11:32   Link #1304
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, crap Besides the obvious sadness, this was a pretty intense episode, even if most of it was talk, since we got a very clear look on both Souta and Magane. Gotta say, the latter, along with Meteora are easily the best characters right now; one is the Joker, the other, the best big sister of the season (sorry, Elf). That last part is going to make the next episode very tense... stop being a moron, Alice-chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Looks like new characters are coming, according to Mamika's VA:

http://recreators.tv/special/intervi...erview_02.html

There's this passage that says it: "これからも実はまだまだたくさんの新キャラが登場するんですが、かなり濃ゆいキャラがいるみたいなんです !" that says a lot of new characters are coming.
That... could be a problem. I mean, we don't want too many people who do nothing relevant hanging around, after all. There is one potential addition I'd like to see, though, if for nothing than going nuts over a certain clash.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 11:35   Link #1305
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
I don't understand what the theme is, to be honest. "Wallowing in self-pity/lacking a spine gets people killed"?

I do feel the writers could have done better job with Souta, though. I tried-- I really did, but I couldn't find any sympathy for him this episode. Meteora hit the nail on the head in Souta's lack of resolve.

It's instances like this that I sorely wish actual parents were in anime =/

Also... my magical girl waifu. I hardly knew you T^T
This show's premise is interesting. It's a shame that the show's writing is mediocre, at best. This show could've been completed in under fourteen episodes, and probably only has that much real material. Sota being a complete doormat serves to unnecessarily drag things out, so the show can find filler content to fill out its two-cour length.
Old 2017-06-03, 11:51   Link #1306
Blueknight78

abd her mistakes was exactly be "nice to him" and don't make him talk instead of "just wait for him to open" that was her mistake, is not about be Toxic is about do what is right when is needed.

and she not was the "only one "to acknowledge mistakes heres as we see he also did it in the worst way.

Last edited by Flower; 2017-06-03 at 21:47. Reason: Deleted deleted quoted post....
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 11:55   Link #1307
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Nobody has a problem with Sota having emotions. It becomes a problem when it starts to become obvious that those emotions only really exist because the writers need to come up with eleven episodes of filler and there's only so much Meteora monologing they can throw in before her VA dies of boredom.

Yes, I get that he's absolutely typical of a teenage boy of his psychological makeup facing his particular set of very real issues (feeling guilty over being a shitmunch who contributes to, or at least stands by and watches, the cyber-bullying that drives his best friend to suicide.) But for fucks' sake, the writers ought to give the viewers a reason to care about these issues. They ought to invest us in Sota in a way where we root for him and hope he overcomes his issues. But they've done a poor job of giving the average viewer a way into feeling that Sota is a character they should care about, instead of one they just want to rage at for being useless.

Last edited by Flower; 2017-06-03 at 21:47. Reason: Deleted deleted quoted post...
GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 12:06   Link #1308
Wandering Soul

RIP Mamika. I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that Magane ended up twisting her last words to manipulate Alice. Hopefully Alice wises up soon. Seriously stop being naive,
Alice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Looks like new characters are coming, according to Mamika's VA:

http://recreators.tv/special/intervi...erview_02.html

There's this passage that says it: "これからも実はまだまだたくさんの新キャラが登場するんですが、かなり濃ゆいキャラがいるみたいなんです !" that says a lot of new characters are coming.
Hope they can give meaningful roles to each of those characters and don't just have some be there with no real purpose.
Old 2017-06-03, 12:23   Link #1309
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
abd her mistakes was exactly be "nice to him" and don't make him talk instead of "just wait for him to open" that was her mistake, is not about be Toxic is about do what is right when is needed.

and she not was the "only one "to acknowledge mistakes heres as we see he also did it in the worst way.
First off, how long has she know him personally? The "force him to talk" method usually works for really close and long time friend. Even therapists prefer to let the patient talk it out, working slowly to get their patients to open up instead of just forcing it out.

Second, when it comes to a person's emotional response, "right" is a very delicate and sensitive situation. Can you be sure that forcing him to talk about it might not make the situation worse? ANd don't drag out the whole "greater good" bullshit. The thing about "necessary evil for the greater good" is that somewhere along the way, you WILL lose sight of it.

As Harvey Dent put it “You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain”

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Nobody has a problem with Sota having emotions. It becomes a problem when it starts to become obvious that those emotions only really exist because the writers need to come up with eleven episodes of filler and there's only so much Meteora monologing they can throw in before her VA dies of boredom.

Yes, I get that he's absolutely typical of a teenage boy of his psychological makeup facing his particular set of very real issues (feeling guilty over being a shitmunch who contributes to, or at least stands by and watches, the cyber-bullying that drives his best friend to suicide.) But for fucks' sake, the writers ought to give the viewers a reason to care about these issues. They ought to invest us in Sota in a way where we root for him and hope he overcomes his issues. But they've done a poor job of giving the average viewer a way into feeling that Sota is a character they should care about, instead of one they just want to rage at for being useless.
Uh, so far the writers has given plenty for me.

First: a stranger suddenly appear in his room, threaten him and he still try to help her.
He also helped Meteora even when he didn't have to.

And second: He's - as the guy put it himself - "One of Us". The guy who likes to watch anime and manga, like fan art and want to draw it, with emotional baggages of his own making instead of the usual "dense harem protag that pretends they're ordinary" or "hot blooded hero with little common sense".

And really, people keep complaining about Sota not telling his secrets when it's like, what? 3 eps since he found out? In my opinion, that's a really short time. Probably less than a month in universe even. There are a lot of situations that drag on worse than this you know.
Old 2017-06-03, 12:29   Link #1310
Spica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
In my opinion, that's a really short time. Probably less than a month in universe even. There are a lot of situations that drag on worse than this you know.
I think it's only around 3 or 4 days. Less than a week for sure.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 12:33   Link #1311
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
I think it's only around 3 or 4 days. Less than a week for sure.
Yeah, that's a really short time. In fact, he might still be reeling from the realisations that he may be possible for a world ending threat. Couple with the Creations incident and I don't blame him for not opening up.

If things were already going for over a month, I would have dislike him. But less than a week? Come on, people. Be a little more realistic.

Moving on, I wonder if Live Action-like series would make it in? Seeing a Rider/Sentai would be cool.
Old 2017-06-03, 12:58   Link #1312
magnuskn

Yeah, I was pretty exasperated with Sota last episode, too. But the way are overreacting now makes me actually feel sympathy for the poor guy.
Old 2017-06-03, 13:01   Link #1313
Blueknight78

Quote:
First off, how long has she know him personally? The "force him to talk" method usually works for really close and long time friend. Even therapists prefer to let the patient talk it out, working slowly to get their patients to open up instead of just forcing it out.

Second, when it comes to a person's emotional response, "right" is a very delicate and sensitive situation. Can you be sure that forcing him to talk about it might not make the situation worse? ANd don't drag out the whole "greater good" bullshit. The thing about "necessary evil for the greater good" is that somewhere along the way, you WILL lose sight of it.

As Harvey Dent put it “You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain”
and since when he teling the truth is "the great good or do a evil thing???, what could be worst for him is get arrested, he is not being sacrified or something like that, what was asked he just share the info he have, no one is asking for him to suicide or be a sacrificial lamb, you are taking it too hight.

one thing is when you have "mor than enough time" to work on it another is when time is not your ally and the world coud end in the next day, they don't know how much time they have until the world's ending what is matter is what altair is trying to do and what she need, if she need more peoples or more "strong peoples" and how much time they actions will can harm the world again the more damage they do and more hard interactions more the world reality crack more and more until it fall apart then is just a matter of time and that is the problem, psychologist have all the world time to work on peoples issue here time is not exactly on the good guys sides, for them they could sleep today and next day as the awaken the wolrd could be already breaking and all doom happening.

as we see the "hard way worked nice on him" and he already opened to mamika, then that "wait until him" is meanless all was needed is make him wakep and realise what was at stakes here.
Old 2017-06-03, 13:23   Link #1314
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
and since when he teling the truth is "the great good or do a evil thing???, what could be worst for him is get arrested, he is not being sacrified or something like that, what was asked he just share the info he have, no one is asking for him to suicide or be a sacrificial lamb, you are taking it too hight.
Because by forcing him to tell the truth, you're trampling on his freedom?

Because by ignoring his emotions, you're trampling on his feelings and emotions?

You might not think that getting arrested is much, but look at it this way: The adventure will end, the other characters would return. And Sota got a prison sentence. Oh it might not be much, but from what I remember, in Asia, people who got that a sentence once usually get the short end of the stick: society doesn't trust them, companies don't want to hire them, etc... Thus, a downward spiral that leads to his life being destroyed or in an all time low.

Call it selfish, but I don't think it's wrong to be wary of something like that. World end, greater good, blah blah blah... There's a chance that his life would be destroyed either way - before or after the world ends .

As for the sacrificial lamb thing... I don't know, the way you guys are talking seems to be implying that.

Quote:
one thing is when you have "mor than enough time" to work on it another is when time is not your ally and the world coud end in the next day, they don't know how much time they have until the world's ending what is matter is what altair is trying to do and what she need, if she need more peoples or more "strong peoples" and how much time they actions will can harm the world again the more damage they do and more hard interactions more the world reality crack more and more until it fall apart then is just a matter of time and that is the problem, psychologist have all the world time to work on peoples issue here time is not exactly on the good guys sides, for them they could sleep today and next day as the awaken the wolrd could be already breaking and all doom happening.
I will reiterate a point I said above: What would Sota telling the truth do? He and Setsuna clearly has a falling out, and between that time Setsuna could have changed Altair's design even more. Him telling them would either means nothing at best and backfire at worst - his knowledge of her supposed power may be drastically different from what Setsuna planned.

Besides, look at the situation: You think anyone on the good guy can stop Altair right now? Telling them things like that might make them try to use the sympathetic approach - and watch where that got Mamika.

Quote:
as we see the "hard way worked nice on him" and he already opened to mamika, then that "wait until him" is meanless all was needed is make him wakep and realise what was at stakes here.
No. Mamika talked to him. She waited for him to response. She didn't go "TELL ME EVERYTHING NOW! THE FATE OF THE WORLD IS AT STAKE!!! blah blah blah".

Spoiler for PErsonal opinion:
Old 2017-06-03, 13:28   Link #1315
Blueknight78

Quote:
Because by forcing him to tell the truth, you're trampling on his freedom?

Because by ignoring his emotions, you're trampling on his feelings and emotions?

You might not think that getting arrested is much, but look at it this way: The adventure will end, the other characters would return. And Sota got a prison sentence. Oh it might not be much, but from what I remember, in Asia, people who got that a sentence once usually get the short end of the stick: society doesn't trust them, companies don't want to hire them, etc... Thus, a downward spiral that leads to his life being destroyed or in an all time low.

Call it selfish, but I don't think it's wrong to be wary of something like that. World end, greater good, blah blah blah... There's a chance that his life would be destroyed either way - before or after the world ends .

As for the sacrificial lamb thing... I don't know, the way you guys are talking seems to be implying that.

I will reiterate a point I said above: What would Sota telling the truth do? He and Setsuna clearly has a falling out, and between that time Setsuna could have changed Altair's design even more. Him telling them would either means nothing at best and backfire at worst - his knowledge of her supposed power may be drastically different from what Setsuna planned.

Besides, look at the situation: You think anyone on the good guy can stop Altair right now? Telling them things like that might make them try to use the sympathetic approach - and watch where that got Mamika.

No. Mamika talked to him. She waited for him to response. She didn't go "TELL ME EVERYTHING NOW! THE FATE OF THE WORLD IS AT STAKE!!! blah blah blah".

Spoiler for PErsonal opinion:
watch again the episode she forced him to talk, she was the one which take him to talk with her, he don't wanted but she asked, then started to talk with him then he tried to avoid to talk then she asked again until he accepted to talk, not was him which wanted to meet her and started to talk was all her doing and he ended talking, that was the difference between her and meteora, meteora don't "tried as mamika to make him open because he wanted to open in the beginning all he needed was a "last push" which she don't did and this is what happened because she didn't that "last push".

you are acting like his knowledge is "nothing" but we don't really know to already acting like that, in the same way i can say and if what he tell, lead then to find all the necessary info to defeat her and save the world???, we are on a 50%/50% here and with all that problem is more easy go for any clue than none and again could be even worse if they find later by themselfs all the info and find which he is part of it, which just instead of be arrested for not speaking he could be arrested as a "spy" or worst, things can be worst for him as he keep silence and that is what this episode showed peoples liking or not.
Old 2017-06-03, 13:31   Link #1316
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
watch again the episode she forced him to talk, she was the one which take him to talk with her, he don't wanted but she asked, then started to talk with him then he tried to avoid to talk then she asked again until he accepted to talk, not was him which wanted to meet her and started to talk was all her doing and he ended talking, that was the difference between her and meteora, meteora don't "tried as mamika to make him open because he wanted to open in the beginning all he needed was a "last push" which she don't did and this is what happened because she didn't that "last push".
... You know what? Let's just agree to disagree. I'm fucking tired.

Moving on: Hmm, Rui is a Super Robot protag right? SO what if a Real Robot char shows up on the other side?
Old 2017-06-03, 13:34   Link #1317
Blueknight78

Quote:
... You know what? Let's just agree to disagree. I'm fucking tired.

Moving on: Hmm, Rui is a Super Robot protag right? SO what if a Real Robot char shows up on the other side?
you now are just being the one ignoring what happened for the sake of your opnion, while i agree about "disagree" dismain what happened is different from have different opnions.

about others characters, this is possible also some "kamen raiders" characters if she was into it too, what is matter was setsuna tastes, altair is summoning characters from shows which setsuna liked and the most popular ones.

let me put on that way: 2 worst cases:
1 - he tell everyone what he knew then he get arrested but due to meteora and others being his friend they will understood him and like she did will ask to pardon him then he can get safe.

2 - he don't tell anything and after a long investigation, they will find all by themselfs and find which he is part, then the fact which he didin't tell anything will start to make then suspect and looks at him as a "spy/traitor" then get arrested by it and since everyone not gonna believe on him anymore he did get even a worst sentence.

what could be better for him?.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-06-03 at 13:45.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 13:39   Link #1318
Random14

Sota's hesitation aside, I'm a bit more annoyed by how much of a plot device Magane is. Unless that's one of her powers (being in the right place at the right time for her amusement) or high Luck stat or something. First she overhears Sota's kind of confession to Mamika, then a dying Mamika just happens to crash near where Magane is. I was expecting Altair to be the one to lie to Alice, but looks like Altair will be off-screen for a bit (maybe to recover from that attack?). Well, Alice being stupid enough to believe Magane is typical for her too.

I understand that Sota is traumatized, but hearing Magane go on and on and on and Sota basically feels too guilty to do anything to disagree with her, despite the fact that he should know Magane is one manipulative character, I find that boring. Wonder how long until Magane usurps Altair's role as the big bad, at the rate she's going.

Glad Yuya showed up to tell Magane to shut the hell up. Too bad they haven't told everyone not to talk to Magane at all to avoid falling under her spell, but then this series would be a lot shorter if they were that genre savvy.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 13:41   Link #1319
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Sota's hesitation aside, I'm a bit more annoyed by how much of a plot device Magane is. Unless that's one of her powers (being in the right place at the right time for her amusement) or high Luck stat or something. First she overhears Sota's kind of confession to Mamika, then a dying Mamika just happens to crash near where Magane is. I was expecting Altair to be the one to lie to Alice, but looks like Altair will be off-screen for a bit (maybe to recover from that attack?). Well, Alice being stupid enough to believe Magane is typical for her too.

I understand that Sota is traumatized, but hearing Magane go on and on and on and Sota basically feels too guilty to do anything to disagree with her, despite the fact that he should know Magane is one manipulative character, I find that boring. Wonder how long until Magane usurps Altair's role as the big bad, at the rate she's going.

Glad Yuya showed up to tell Magane to shut the hell up. Too bad they haven't told everyone not to talk to Magane at all to avoid falling under her spell, but then this series would be a lot shorter if they were that genre savvy.
well while his sword don't work against her anymore his "summon" still working that is why she gonna try to escape, because now they know how her power work.
Old 2017-06-03, 13:49   Link #1320
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
about others characters, this is possible also some "kamen raiders" characters if she was into it too, what is matter was setsuna tastes, altair is summoning characters from shows which setsuna liked and the most popular ones.
First, it's Kamen Rider. Second, do we even have proof that Altair is the one actually doing the summoning? Or is she just finding cracks in the planes and jumped in?

Quote:
you now are just being the one ignoring what happened for the sake of your opnion, while i agree about "disagree" dismain what happened is different from have different opnions.
Hahahahaha, no. You call Mamika's approach forceful, I call it being patient.

Being forceful in my opinion would have it involves Mamika being more agressive like rapid firing questions and forcing him to answer.

I'm tired of arguing with you because I can see that you don't want to accept another opinion and only see yours as truth and not because I'm ignoring shit. There's concession, and then there's "FUck it I'm leaving". Learn the fucking difference.

Oh, learn some grammar too while you're at it.

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning