AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-03, 13:55   Link #1321
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
First, it's Kamen Rider. Second, do we even have proof that Altair is the one actually doing the summoning? Or is she just finding cracks in the planes and jumped in?

Hahahahaha, no. You call Mamika's approach forceful, I call it being patient.

Being forceful in my opinion would have it involves Mamika being more agressive like rapid firing questions and forcing him to answer.

I'm tired of arguing with you because I can see that you don't want to accept another opinion and only see yours as truth and not because I'm ignoring shit. There's concession, and then there's "FUck it I'm leaving". Learn the fucking difference.

Oh, learn some grammar too while you're at it.
you know grammar nazi is bad and it's not allowed here i'm doing my best to improve.

then that is the difference between what i see and what you see, and that was the difference between her and meteora which don't even tried that, she jus was "hearing what he told and that was her fault.

it's not about "accept" or no is about "understand both sides what you not even try since you admantite sided on sota without even think the "other side" while i can understand his side and feel bad for him this don't blind my judgment toward him and what he did, i'm looking at both sides and honestly between his shame and world destruction as long no one is asking "to sacrifice him" and just him to cooperate" then i will stack with the later.
Old 2017-06-03, 14:18   Link #1322
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
you know grammar nazi is bad and it's not allowed here i'm doing my best to improve.
Grammar Nazi is when I correct you about every single thing wrong even when it's negligible.

You got the name of the franchise wrong - Rider and Raider are 2 very different things - and you even forget one of the most basic rule: Capital letters at the start of a sentence.

That's not Grammar Nazi, that's common sense.
Quote:
it's not about "accept" or no is about "understand both sides what you not even try since you admantite sided on sota without even think the "other side" while i can understand his side and feel bad for him this don't blind my judgment toward him and what he did, i'm looking at both sides and honestly between his shame and world destruction as long no one is asking "to sacrifice him" and just him to cooperate" then i will stack with the later.
Oh so now I'm the one not understanding both side? Not when I specifically put in a post where I detail a different case - a month instead of less than a week - where I would disagree with Sota? When from the very start you focus on what YOU would do in such a situation and not what others would do? You didn't even consider his emotional and mental status when faced with such a situation, only "What he should do", "I would have", and other self pleasing BS?

Last edited by Flower; 2017-06-03 at 22:07. Reason: Not necessary....
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 14:34   Link #1323
Blueknight78

Quote:
Grammar Nazi is when I correct you about every single thing wrong even when it's negligible.

You got the name of the franchise wrong - Rider and Raider are 2 very different things - and you even forget one of the most basic rule: Capital letters at the start of a sentence.

That's not Grammar Nazi, that's common sense.

Oh so now I'm the one not understanding both side? Not when I specifically put in a post where I detail a different case - a month instead of less than a week - where I would disagree with Sota? When from the very start you focus on what YOU would do in such a situation and not what others would do? You didn't even consider his emotional and mental status when faced with such a situation, only "What he should do", "I would have", and other self pleasing BS?
and maybe you can learn some "manners" because fo sar i'm not insulting your like you are doing neither using harsh words, while i know the 2 words are different, my problem was more "how it's in japanase than in english, because i know the means of both but i was not just sure what the right to use since this is a term coming from japan, in the end i just mixed a little from my own language.

ok let' me put on that way, ok sota don't diservers what he is getting and no one must be bullied and bla bla bla, but you must agree who this is his own fault, the only reason this happened was because of it and as long he tried to keep it, the things could get worst, he could had become a true spy treator and be used by magane if not was his friends come to his rescue?? you really wanted to see it?? if you do care about him and being all that emotional you do believe which he had to get it???, which is right he keep the silence and only worst things keep happening as long he still "breaking the shell" and more peoples dying and himself being blackmailed??? because that is what i'm seeying from peoples defending his vision, they ar saying which is fine for him to be suffering like that for the sake of keep his secret.

going to the other talk, while we don't know if she is the one to have the power, to open the gates we know which she is the one which can bring then to the real world, without her no one can travel to real world at last for now, maybe one of ther goals is break the walls which keep all the worlds separated and when enough damage is dealth she is not needed anymore to bring peoples to real world and they can start to travel at free will and leading to the total destruction.

Last edited by Flower; 2017-06-03 at 22:07. Reason: deleted deleted portion of the post
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 14:56   Link #1324
tuckersister

I have a theory, but it is a long shot. What if Setsuna is a Creator AND a Creation? It would make a whole lot of sense in how Altair came to this world. We still dunno how did Altair came to this world. Maybe a Creator fell in love with its Creation and thus gave birth to Setsuna who is both. It would open an interesting story in the second half. It's just my theory anyway.

Also, the anime seems to make Magane a second archnemesis to Sota.

Last edited by tuckersister; 2017-06-03 at 15:09.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 15:27   Link #1325
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
and maybe you can learn some "manners" because fo sar i'm not insulting your like you are doing neither using harsh words, while i know the 2 words are different, my problem was more "how it's in japanase than in english, because i know the means of both but i was not just sure what the right to use since this is a term coming from japan, in the end i just mixed a little from my own language.
Wait using Google is too hard for you? In that car, my apologies for not considering your circumstances of not being able to use Google to search for it. Or that you can't see that Rider is a clearly english term.

Plus, you still haven't fix the other major fault I points out. Trying to learn a different language? New flash: learn to respect the rules of said language, not applying your own on it.

*Sigh* This is getting nowhere.
This is.my take on the situation. Agree, disagree, I don't give a fuck. I'm stopping here before I lose myself to anger even more and start slinging worse insults.

- If he is going to tell the truth, then he needs to do it on his own term. When he has calmed down enough from the guilt and stress, when he is not being pressure by others with guide by preferably Meteor. Or in a heat of the moment action. Whatever works.
Old 2017-06-03, 15:28   Link #1326
Blueknight78

a crazy theory could be which setsunde could had ended in a sort of "isekai" distorted situation, after she suicided her soul was transfered to her "world and she was turned in altair" and all the hate and "evilness" twisted her soul making her forget who she was and become a "revenge spirit"
Old 2017-06-03, 15:35   Link #1327
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
a crazy theory could be which setsunde could had ended in a sort of "isekai" distorted situation, after she suicided her soul was transfered to her "world and she was turned in altair" and all the hate and "evilness" twisted her soul making her forget who she was and become a "revenge spirit"
Sounds plausible going by the OST cover - which depict Altair in a drowning like state.
Old 2017-06-03, 16:22   Link #1328
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Alice has a real bird brain.
You don't need to be Einstein to get that Meteora can by no means cause wounds like this, being a magic caster.
And trusting Megana's words is the next thing someone should give Alice brain surgery for.
It was so obvious that she left out important information I got a headache from Alice not getting it.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 16:32   Link #1329
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
You don't need to be Einstein to get that Meteora can by no means cause wounds like this, being a magic caster.
That would depend on what spells she has.

I mean, I agree Magane's words are to be taken with a pound of salt, but part of the problem for everyone is that they don't really know what everyone else can or cannot do, so Alice would have no reason to think Meteora doesn't have stabby spells.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 16:34   Link #1330
konart

Quote:
And trusting Megana's words is the next thing someone should give Alice brain surgery for.
It was so obvious that she left out important information I got a headache from Alice not getting it.
She can use pretty much any weapon in this world just by "stealing" it. I'm pretty sure she can cause all kind of wounds if needed.
Anyway, this is what Alice's character is all about. Just like lies in what Magami is all about.
Old 2017-06-03, 16:39   Link #1331
magnuskn

Okay, I may have been premature when I said that there can't be too much Magane. This episode was a tad too much.

Anyway, Meteora confirms her status as best girl, running away with the title from Magane. She better not get seriously hurt by Bakasteria next episode.

Sota finally comes clean and given that his fugue lasted about two days in the show, I think that pretty much absolves him of any major guilt, given that Altairs world destroying plans have not nearly come to fruition. As far as Mamika goes, she went on her own volition to confront Altair, Sota should not feel too bad about himself in that regard. As for how bad he behaved with Shimazaki, that's TBD.

Also, yikes. Did Mamika pull out all those swords she got pierced with before flying off? Hardcore, that magical girl.
Old 2017-06-03, 16:47   Link #1332
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

This episode is so predictable to the point of being offensive.
I was screaming in front of the TV asking can someone summon Hitoyoshi Senkichi into this show.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 16:48   Link #1333
AC-Phoenix
Detective

^
Which makes it especially funny, because that was pretty much the dumbest thing she could do. Letting them stay stuck in would have kept her alive longer since she apparently died from blood loss.

That being said, even Megana noted that there was far too much blood - 4th wall dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
She can use pretty much any weapon in this world just by "stealing" it. I'm pretty sure she can cause all kind of wounds if needed.
Anyway, this is what Alice's character is all about. Just like lies in what Magami is all about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That would depend on what spells she has.

I mean, I agree Magane's words are to be taken with a pound of salt, but part of the problem for everyone is that they don't really know what everyone else can or cannot do, so Alice would have no reason to think Meteora doesn't have stabby spells.
Actually no.
It has already been proven that her attack capabilities are pretty much zero, and that she is all defense.
Alice was even able to observe this.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2017-06-03, 17:08   Link #1334
kari-no-sugata II

Seeing some of the commentary about Souta, I can't help but wonder if the scriptwriters somewhat planned for this. After all, the "beginning" of the story is a person committing suicide after (it seems) she got lynch mobbed on the internet. If the following episodes show that it wouldn't have made a big difference if Souta had confessed the truth a bit sooner then maybe that would be the scriptwriters way of saying "see how easy it is to hate someone on the internet? maybe you should think a bit before flaming someone?"

Anyway...

I don't believe that there's a proper explanation yet for just why Souta got dragged into all this in the first place (eg shifting between worlds in episode 1). It's possible that somehow the summonings are related to him or his feelings, somehow (perhaps as a side effect of Setsuna's feelings for him). After all, he seemed to be familiar enough with everyone who's been summoned so far that he could determine who they were fairly easily. If they were completely unrelated to him surely there'd be some he struggled to recognise even when given some time. It's also possible that these are characters that he has discussed with Setsuna in the past.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 17:21   Link #1335
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Actually no.
It has already been proven that her attack capabilities are pretty much zero, and that she is all defense.
Alice was even able to observe this.
There's a difference between "she hasn't used stabby spells" and "she absolutely has no stabby spells whatsoever".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 17:53   Link #1336
tuckersister

Quote:
Sounds plausible going by the OST cover - which depict Altair in a drowning like state.
I agree too. But I'm still leaning that she is part Creation. It would an interesting twist.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 18:25   Link #1337
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There's a difference between "she hasn't used stabby spells" and "she absolutely has no stabby spells whatsoever".
No it was pretty obvious that she is incapable of any form of attack from that short battle.
Moreover, I think she even said that she lacks offensive spells.
SHe is a pure support character that isn't much use in a fight at all, other than using her defensive capabilities to help others.

Alice is just a guillable fool that can't think for herself.

Old 2017-06-03, 18:56   Link #1338
magnuskn

BTW, that earlier comment that Mamika dissolved into "magical girl sparkles" is pretty much wrong. She did seem to turn into the same sort of glowy cubes we saw in episode one when Altair used her Holopsicon to destroy the Vogelchevalier. That has some... interesting implications in regards to concerns how real the summoned characters really are.
Old 2017-06-03, 19:30   Link #1339
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
This episode is so predictable to the point of being offensive.
I was screaming in front of the TV asking can someone summon Hitoyoshi Senkichi into this show.
I'm going to call it right now. Alice somehow listens to Sota, attacks Magane and gets stabbed for her trouble. (They, very neatly, set it up with Infodump-chan remarking on how Magane's spells probably persist until her death. Since Alice got a spell put on her in whatever episode it was where she and Mamika were waiting to welcome Magane to the new world ... it just seems like the next logical plot "twist" this show would employ.)
Old 2017-06-03, 23:20   Link #1340
Alf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
I don't understand what the theme is, to be honest. "Wallowing in self-pity/lacking a spine gets people killed"?

I do feel the writers could have done better job with Souta, though. I tried-- I really did, but I couldn't find any sympathy for him this episode. Meteora hit the nail on the head in Souta's lack of resolve.

It's instances like this that I sorely wish actual parents were in anime =/

Also... my magical girl waifu. I hardly knew you T^T
On the theme, Hiroe said in the interview that people need to get over with some obstacle in order to become the protagonist. In the case of Souta, writers or people who aims to be writers have memories that "it sucks to have this happening" and put it into story as a theme and dive into it. So such pain is inevitable, and there are things born from that mistake.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning