AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-11, 09:35   Link #1481
xizro345
King's Justice

From what I read on 2ch, the "intermission" (special) will be aired after episode 12.

Speaking of which, there are a few "reports" of the prescreen event but come from second hand sources (chinese boards) with no way of verifying their accuracy or truth, so I'm not bothering to post them here.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 11:05   Link #1482
magnuskn

Well, maybe you can post them later, if no more credible sources turn up later in the day.
Old 2017-06-11, 11:32   Link #1483
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Getting a little sick of this, TBH. The only reason the bad guys keep winning is because the good guys are retarded. Souta should have just started his speach with "Altair killed Mamika". The last boss charatcers should have just kept his mouth shut.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 12:23   Link #1484
Kurohane

Souta basically got the point across when Magane was mentioned saying, "you know she's a liar!", which only got him a "shut up".
Old 2017-06-11, 12:28   Link #1485
magnuskn

Pretty much this. Alice made it clear that she isn't interested in facts anymore.
Old 2017-06-11, 13:03   Link #1486
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, maybe you can post them later, if no more credible sources turn up later in the day.
I scouted 2ch and even the posters there are a bit skeptical of what was reported. The only "confirmed" info seems that episode 13 will be a special episode before the beginning of the second cour.

From what was gathered (keep in mind this should be treated as mere speculation for now):

Spoiler for possible future episodes spoilers - may be speculation too:

Without any credible source backing this up, I'm calling it false until proven otherwise.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 14:15   Link #1487
magnuskn

Well, the spoilers sound pretty sensible, nothing too sensational, so I'm more willing to give them a chance. But we'll get more sound info soon enough, anyway. Many thanks to you for reporting them!
Old 2017-06-11, 16:13   Link #1488
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

selestia ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pair up selestiaxmatsubara!!!!!!!!!! Lol
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 17:07   Link #1489
Kitsu Breaker

To people who boku no Hero probably already know but Deku could defeat Magane
Spoiler for spoiler from other anime:

If only he was there
I really want to see Magane smile gone.

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 17:08   Link #1490
tuckersister

So there was a third faction. I'm betting they were laying low for awhile observing and come out of hiding when the situation feels right. They would on the Creators' side, but not willing to join cuz of the government's involvement (kind like a merc group). I would expect the "guardian protecting the dimensions" would appear. Yuya is probably beating himself in front of his Creator.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 17:20   Link #1491
magnuskn

Uh, are you talking about spoilers from the preview episodes, tuckersister? Because otherwise what you are saying makes no sense for episode 10....
Old 2017-06-11, 17:37   Link #1492
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

That Selesia revise scene was top grade in this episode.
Look like Yuya lost his persona, what a letdown but good things him still alive. I wonder he will get revise too from his creator soon we haven't seen more of his author after last episode.
I wonder how many new characters we will get. i hope among new characters we will get a pilot from enemy side for sake being Rui gigamachine sparring partner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker View Post
To people who boku no Hero probably already know but Deku could defeat Magane
Spoiler for spoiler from other anime:

If only he was there
I really want to see Magane smile gone.
Eh, there are plenty anime characters able defeat Magane.
Dio could spam "ZA WARUDO" and kill the sharktooth before she even realized or Aizen could keikaku her and mindrape Sharktooth into his personal boot licker
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 18:35   Link #1493
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Selesia will most likely survive, she's a central character. But she might be out for a while
Mamika was also a central character, and got far more (however temporary) development than Selesia did. And now Mamika is dead. I expect Selesia will get a suitably ham-handed death scene next episode, because that's what passes for character development in this show. At least Magane won't be around to mess it up this time.

An aside: Selesia reverting to her prior form was just stupid. There was no reason for it. I mean, I've read in other places that "well, maybe it was cuz trolls," but it could've been handled better. Sure, let her have information added to her character, but it'd make more sense if this was information in addition to the information that's already in her character. Have her shoot off the big wall of fire, and then collapse because she's still lost, like, all of her blood. And, you know, her spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Really hating shows where bad guys keep winning.
I have complaints about shows where the bad guys win because the good guys are dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Souta did the best thing he could do, and tell Alicetaria that her struggles weren't pointless, but inspire the ideal readers to be better than they are. Too bad she just wants to stay in this state of self-depreciation.
I admit he gets points for ... finally ... manning the fuck up. But the best thing he could've said was "It was me! I told Mamika that Altair plans to destroy the world! It was because of me that she went to go fight with Altair and died because of it. You don't know who Altair is? She's your damned boss! So it's us you want, Meteora's innocent; leave her the hell out of this."

But that would just get Sota killed, and the opening of the show establishes that he survives to the end, so ... yep, plot-induced stupidity strikes to save him.
Old 2017-06-11, 18:57   Link #1494
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT
Selesia will most likely survive, she's a central character. But she might be out for a while Mamika was also a central character, and got far more (however temporary) development than Selesia did. And now Mamika is dead. I expect Selesia will get a suitably ham-handed death scene next episode, because that's what passes for character development in this show. At least Magane won't be around to mess it up this time.
Mamika having received far more character development was kinda the point of her death. She had a complete character arc and died standing for what she believed in. Selesia did not yet have that complete character arc, hence it's unlikely that the writers would kill her off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT
An aside: Selesia reverting to her prior form was just stupid. There was no reason for it. I mean, I've read in other places that "well, maybe it was cuz trolls," but it could've been handled better. Sure, let her have information added to her character, but it'd make more sense if this was information in addition to the information that's already in her character. Have her shoot off the big wall of fire, and then collapse because she's still lost, like, all of her blood. And, you know, her spine.
It makes complete sense, given that the twitter storm which prompted the transformation was a short phenomenon. Now Matsubara has to deliver on his promise to write the character change into the actual story to make the transformation more permanent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT
I admit he gets points for ... finally ... manning the fuck up. But the best thing he could've said was "It was me! I told Mamika that Altair plans to destroy the world! It was because of me that she went to go fight with Altair and died because of it. You don't know who Altair is? She's your damned boss! So it's us you want, Meteora's innocent; leave her the hell out of this."
Grantedly, him just not mentioning that for his entire long speech was not that good. But Meteora did mention it at the end and Alice's response was basically "I don't care, I am broken inside on multiple levels, I am holding on to this revenge to have something at all to go on". Did some people miss that completely?
Old 2017-06-11, 20:04   Link #1495
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Grantedly, him just not mentioning that for his entire long speech was not that good. But Meteora did mention it at the end and Alice's response was basically "I don't care, I am broken inside on multiple levels, I am holding on to this revenge to have something at all to go on". Did some people miss that completely?
Then, why not revenge against Altair? It just makes no sense... In the same way it made no sense for Yuiya to keep talking with Magane, unless, it's revealed something from his story between him and his stolen stand that could explain why he got so salty at our adorable shark teeth girl!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 20:13   Link #1496
magnuskn

It makes sense because Alice cannot admit to herself that she chose the wrong side. If she admits to herself that her ally Altair killed Mamika and that, hence, she is wrong in pursueing Meteora, then her last justification and purpose is gone and she cannot face that.

Yuiya's stupid behaviour I am more chalking up to his hot-headed personality, which makes him do unwise things. Like beating up his creator just because the guy was mouthing off at him a little bit (I actually thought that Yuiya's writer seemed to have a bit of a similar attitude to Yuiyja himself).
Old 2017-06-11, 20:56   Link #1497
Magewolf

Quote:
It makes sense because Alice cannot admit to herself that she chose the wrong side. If she admits to herself that her ally Altair killed Mamika and that, hence, she is wrong in pursueing Meteora, then her last justification and purpose is gone and she cannot face that.

Actually from almost her first appearance Alice has been putting out signals that she did not really believe Altair. And I think she believed Souta after he shielded Meteora and Altair interfered with her fight.

However the good guy's side offers her nothing except the chance to go back to hell even if she wins so she is stuck on team Altair who at least says that she can save her world.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 20:59   Link #1498
magnuskn

Also a valid interpretation, but a bit at odds with her speech in this episode. In any case, she believes she has to forge ahead or she will be lost.
Old 2017-06-11, 21:42   Link #1499
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Maybe her transformation wasn't permanent because "people hate change" and people rejected the new version of Selesia?

Her initial powerup was due to hype (something new). Her "downgrade" was a rejection of that change.

That's how I saw it.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 21:48   Link #1500
magnuskn

I personally think it's more a case of "hype must be substantiated with an actual product". Matsubara only announced an interesting change, but it hasn't been put into actual effect in the product yet. Hence, Selesia got a quick boost which could not last.

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning