AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-07-08, 05:54   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 793 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Credit goes to AP's Redon and Aohige for the spoilers:

-Chapter title is "Tiger and Dog". Splash page features Usopp and Chopper.

-King Riku tells Fujitora to raise his head, but the admiral doesn't mind being seen in a shameful position. After all, what right do the marines have to preach about justice when they allow pirates to have so much power over a kingdom? And ironically, it was also pirates who saved the kingdom in the end, along with the help of the gladiators and citizens. Meanwhile, Kyros disbands the group of Tontatta warriors he led, and King Riku intends to shelter Luffy and co. for the time being.

-We then shift focus to the holy land of Mariejois, where Fleet Admiral Sakazuki (aka Akainu) has a heated argument with the Gorousei (or Five Elder Stars). As it turns out, the elders were the ones who ordered to have the false news of Dofla's abdication and quitting the shichibukai spread in the papers. As angered as Akainu is that the marines were played for saps, the elders say they're not concerned about the marines (even going as far as calling Akainu a brat), as this was an operation handled by CP0. Akainu thinks that the elders are puppets to the world nobles, but in return the elders blame him for the fact that Kuzan (aka Aokiji) partnered with Blackbeard. However, Akainu says he's not concerned with that idiot who left the marines of his own volition. Suddenly, another marine bursts into the room, reporting about the downfall of Doflamingo by the Luffy/Law alliance's hands. And what's more, that's not the only big piece of news to report....

-Elsewhere in the New World, one of the nations that Doflamingo supplied arms to is forced to surrender in a war. Various pirates and brokers want to loot Dressrosa of its weapons since they already paid Dofla for them, but they have second thoughts since an admiral is still on standby there. The enraged brokers then stomp and curse at the wanted posters of Luffy and Law, as it's thanks to them that they can't get a hold of any more SMILES. At another part of the ocean, VA Tsuru and Garp (who isn't actually shown) talk about Doflamingo's downfall, as well. Turns out it was originally under Garp's orders that Tsuru chased down Dofla in the past. We then get various glimpses of some of the fellow supernovas in the New World: Jewelry Bonney reads about the Dressrosa incident while in the middle of eating pizza, a wounded Urouge is at a sky island when a stranger comes up to him, and Capone also learns of the news at Dressrosa, and refers to Luffy and Law as his allies (or "nakama"). He then says it's time to bring back Caesar. Finally, we see Kid's alliance, who are dining when they learn the news. They figure that the Luffy/Law alliance is after Kaidou since he's connected to Doflamingo. Killer says it's good that their targets didn't overlap, as Kids' alliance is after none other than..... Red Haired Shanks!!!

-At another NW island, X Drake tells his crew about his past. As it turns out, Doflamingo killed his father Diez Barrels, but he holds no grudge against him for that. However, the crew are more concerned about the current news of Dofla's downfall, as that means their supply of SMILES are cut, and they go looking for their master, Kaidou. Meanwhile, Akainu contacts Fujitora, yelling at him for the stunt he pulled. When asked why he didn't report to his superiors first, Isshou tells him that the news would simply have been covered up. The admiral then recalls what Smoker told him about Alabasta. It would have turned into another Dressrosa if not for the Straw-Hats, but the marines took the credit in the end, which Smoker regrets. Back in the current time, Smoker is recovering from his injuries from the last arc, and Tashigi checks up on him. He says that even if he were an admiral, he wouldn't have been able to pull off what Fujitora did, and is grateful to him for that. As the kids from Punk Hazard visit Smoker in the infirmary, Tashigi tells them it will be a few more days until they reach Dr. Vegapunk....

-Back at Dressrosa, Fuji and Akainu continue their argument. Akainu admits to wanting to cover up the incident, but Fujitora says that he will not be paraded as a hero for a lie, and the WG needs to take responsibility for their actions. After the two argue some more, Sakazuki finally says that Isshou is prohibited from returning to any marine base, unless it's to deliver the heads of Trafalgar and Straw-Hat. Isshou replies that that's the way he prefers it to be...!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-07-09 at 01:44.
Old 2015-07-09, 00:48   Link #2
marvelB

Okay, updated with a nice BIG summary. Yep, as you can see, this is quite an info-packed chapter! Clash of admirals' ideals, supernovas, and the world's reactions to the Dressrosa incident in general. But personally, I gotta say I'm most stoked about the possibility of Capone being a part of the Luffy/Law alliance!

Edit: Checking out the Chinese scans.... it looks like Capone is on Big Mom's ship? Or at least near it? And.... do we get a glimpse of Kaidou's shadow!? Can't tell for sure, but it looks like a big horned thing. Or is that his ship....?

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-07-09 at 01:11.
Old 2015-07-09, 01:22   Link #3
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Capone's stance is very vague.
The ship shown before his panel is definitely Big Mom's.

He and his men are all ready for combat, and basically says "Well, well, it looks like our friends are doing quite well! Men, get ready, we're gonna take home Ceasar!"

He could be getting ready to attack Sanji & co, or they could already be captured and Father here is about to attack Big Mom's ship.
His line could be taken sincerely or sarcastically, he's got a serious look on his face and it's hard to tell.
Old 2015-07-09, 01:34   Link #4
marvelB

^Well, I certainly hope that Capone is on the L&L alliance side. He was always one of my favorite supernovas, and I'd rather he be a friend than an enemy. And speaking of supernovas, as strange as it may sound, it was sort of comforting to see Urouge and that familiar big grin on his face, heh. I even appreciate how Oda stuck to what he wrote in the SBS and shows Killer eating noodles through his mask!

Anyways..... the tension between Akainu and Fujitora pretty much leaves little doubt in my mind that there's basically going to be a civil war within the marines. Basically those of moral justice (Smoker, Fujitora, Coby, etc.) vs. absolute justice (Akainu, Kizaru, Buster Call VAs, etc.). I'm practically on the edge of my seat waiting for the breaking point.....
Old 2015-07-09, 02:01   Link #5
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Yeah I've always liked Capone so it would be nice to see him join the Strawheart alliance.
We need it to match Kid's count anyways.

There's also the fact that's it's been hours since the Sunny encountered the ship, and would be silly for the battle to not have started and Dressrosa's finale news reached them first.
Old 2015-07-09, 03:44   Link #6
Starway

Chapter out Man is it just me or do the translation get worse every week.
Old 2015-07-09, 03:53   Link #7
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starway View Post
Chapter out Man is it just me or do the translation get worse every week.
Thought the same.. I`m gonna wait for better translations. It´s such a pain to read this...

I mean, I´m really thankful to the guys that translate the scans, but if I could chosse, I´d rather have a proper translation a day later
Old 2015-07-09, 04:08   Link #8
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
I mean, I´m really thankful to the guys that translate the scans
You really shouldn't.

- There's already a licensed, professionally published English OP that comes out simultaneously with the Japanese release.
- Panda puts out incredibly shoddy, terrible speed scanlation as quickly as possible to gain the maximum amount of traffic for revenue
- Their work is obstructive to the legitimate work of the official release, which is impeccable in quality. (Stephen is one of few translators out there that gets my stamp of approval.)

There's nothing to be thankful of Panda's work.
They deserve every scrutiny you can throw at them.
Old 2015-07-09, 04:13   Link #9
Ultragunner

Spoiler for chap 793:
Old 2015-07-09, 04:16   Link #10
noktown

OMG, shit's about to go down, Akainu wants Law and Straw Hat's head and Fujitora doesn't seem to mind, maybe we'll see some Zoro action ? Doubt he'll take him out, but possibly show off some real skill.
Old 2015-07-09, 04:42   Link #11
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You really shouldn't.

- There's already a licensed, professionally published English OP that comes out simultaneously with the Japanese release.
- Panda puts out incredibly shoddy, terrible speed scanlation as quickly as possible to gain the maximum amount of traffic for revenue
- Their work is obstructive to the legitimate work of the official release, which is impeccable in quality. (Stephen is one of few translators out there that gets my stamp of approval.)

What are you talking about this is top tier translating

Well anyways this was a good chapter and no break next week I think.
Old 2015-07-09, 05:06   Link #12
game2007

Quote:
Not actually trying to defend them, but to me, having scanlations is better than none, so I'm still thankful to them to some extent.

Last edited by game2007; 2015-07-09 at 05:06. Reason: proper quoting
Old 2015-07-09, 05:33   Link #13
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starway View Post
What are you talking about this is top tier translating

Well anyways this was a good chapter and no break next week I think.
Google translate FTW
Old 2015-07-09, 05:36   Link #14
marvelB

I'm pretty much with the blue one on this. I wouldn't put the least bit of trust in those hacks who crap out crappy translations for a profit. I'll take my time and wait for a quality release, thank you very much!

------

BTW, I forgot to mention it earlier, but I found it somewhat curious that we didn't see Caribou during the Drake scene. I mean, we know his ministory ended with him getting captured by the dino-man, so I would have expected to have seen him here. Also, I gotta wonder what the heck happened to Urouge for him to be wrapped up like a mummy.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yeah I've always liked Capone so it would be nice to see him join the Strawheart alliance.
We need it to match Kid's count anyways.
Heck, why not throw Bonney in there, too? She seems to approve of the L&L alliance and their exploits, after all.
Old 2015-07-09, 05:57   Link #15
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Anyone else expecting the supernova alliance to mop the floor with their own faces when they encounter Shanks and his crew?
Old 2015-07-09, 06:13   Link #16
DoubtGin

I friggin love chapters like these. Tons of new information. I had already forgotten about the Alliance between Apoo/Hawkins/Kid so I'm glad all the Supernovas are developing quite nicely.

Can't wait for next week.
Old 2015-07-09, 06:25   Link #17
necrolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Anyone else expecting the supernova alliance to mop the floor with their own faces when they encounter Shanks and his crew?
I don't know what to expect but I really want to see it happen
Btw there is so much information in this chapter that its hard to give an opinion about it but if I have to say one thing it will be that I'm waiting for Fujitora vs Zoro/Law fight (I don't think Luffy will be in condition to fight)
Old 2015-07-09, 06:28   Link #18
Gilly

So Aokiji is on Blackbeard's side after all. This makes me sad. What the hell is a former Admiral trying to accomplish by getting chummy with a Yonko?

Bonney changed a lot. Back on Sabaody, she went to a restaurant with her crew and brusquely demanded to bring her all the food they had, and now she steals a pizza and hides like a petty thief. What happened to her in those two years?

I'm really intrigued by Urouge's visitor. I also think Capone is on Big Mom's side, not Law's. And is that huge shadow really Kaido? It doesn't look very human, unlike the glimpses of Kaido's face we've seen (at the very least, he looks more human than, say, Moria).
Old 2015-07-09, 06:39   Link #19
game2007

So continuing from what I was saying, feel free to be thankful for early scans, whether or not the translation is low quality, ri0.
Old 2015-07-09, 06:39   Link #20
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Great chapter it really felt it's setting up the story for the home stretch. All the pieces are in place it seems all that was needed was that one domino to fall. Isshou vs Akainu, Shanks v Kidd alliance, Kizaru and BB teaming up, the world government getting exposure and a nice segway into the Kaidu arc. Really hope Oda pulls off something great here he's definitely put himself in a position to hit this story out of the park
Closed Thread