AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-14, 18:34   Link #41
kari-no-sugata

Jinbei is an interesting character already. Possibly the most moral of the Shichibukai. He's like a yakuza boss (oyabun as Ace calls him) from the 19th century - he has a pretty strong accent. I wonder what his specific objection to the war is - what about it does he object to to the extent of being willing to give up his life? Using Ace as a hostage?

I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved to tears when he finds Luffy's come all this way to safe Ace...
Old 2009-01-14, 18:47   Link #42
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Mazeran or Magellan whatever is official, is quite amazing lol. He looks more like a devil than a gargoyle to me.

And Jinbei's awesome in all aspects.

This prison break is going to be insane.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-01-14, 19:02   Link #43
marvelB

Heh, we were all so caught up with Jinbei that we neglected the ministory! Interestingly enough, the CP9 ministory is coming to an end this chapter, which actually surprises me. Basically, Lucci and the gang just set sail towards some unknown destination. So now it definitely looks like CP9's betrayal will somehow be tied into the main story, since we already know that Spandam and his dad are plotting to have them eliminated. I wonder if they'll send a group of Rokushiki masters after them? We missed the opportunity to see any of them introduced in the ministory, so maybe they'll appear in the main storyline instead.....

But now this of course leads to the question of who exactly the next ministory will be centered towards. I'm still hoping it's Foxy (so he can be spared from appearing in more crappy anime filler ), but I'm now starting to believe that we may actually get a ministory that focuses on the rest of the Straw-Hats. Thriller Bark is out of the question considering recent events that transpired (well, I guess it could focus on Lola, but I'm highly doubting that possibility), and we don't really know enough about the other 9 Supernovas for there to be any ministories focused on them for the time being. Therefore, I'd say that Foxy or the rest of the Straw-Hats are our best bet at this point (heck, Oda can even combine both ministories somehow! ).
Old 2009-01-14, 19:14   Link #44
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But now this of course leads to the question of who exactly the next ministory will be centered towards. I'm still hoping it's Foxy (so he can be spared from appearing in more crappy anime filler ), but I'm now starting to believe that we may actually get a ministory that focuses on the rest of the Straw-Hats. Thriller Bark is out of the question considering recent events that transpired (well, I guess it could focus on Lola, but I'm highly doubting that possibility), and we don't really know enough about the other 9 Supernovas for there to be any ministories focused on them for the time being. Therefore, I'd say that Foxy or the rest of the Straw-Hats are our best bet at this point (heck, Oda can even combine both ministories somehow! ).
I rather like the idea of a set of mini-stories covering the Strawhats. We won't likely be seeing much of them in the main story for quite a while after all.
Old 2009-01-14, 21:46   Link #45
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Heh, we were all so caught up with Jinbei that we neglected the ministory! Interestingly enough, the CP9 ministory is coming to an end this chapter, which actually surprises me. Basically, Lucci and the gang just set sail towards some unknown destination. So now it definitely looks like CP9's betrayal will somehow be tied into the main story, since we already know that Spandam and his dad are plotting to have them eliminated. I wonder if they'll send a group of Rokushiki masters after them? We missed the opportunity to see any of them introduced in the ministory, so maybe they'll appear in the main storyline instead.....

Omg please no Foxy. That character is the worst. I don't see how going to an unknown place means it's going to tie into the main stroy.
Old 2009-01-14, 22:50   Link #46
marvelB

Sorry, but Foxy's one of my favorite villains, mainly because he reminds me a lot of Buggy (and I love his DF power). I just wish that the anime stopped putting him in crappy filler arcs.....

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the CP9 situation will be involved in the main story somehow, since most of the ministories tend to tie into the main plot. All we know right now is that Lucci and gang are on the run from the government and he told Spandam that they'd meet again eventually. I guess at some point the Straw-Hats will meet up with CP9 (possibly in the New World even) and they'll end up getting tangled in Spandam's plot for revenge, as well....
Old 2009-01-15, 00:37   Link #47
Freya

Quote:
Sorry, but Foxy's one of my favorite villains, mainly because he reminds me a lot of Buggy (and I love his DF power). I just wish that the anime stopped putting him in crappy filler arcs.....

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the CP9 situation will be involved in the main story somehow, since most of the ministories tend to tie into the main plot. All we know right now is that Lucci and gang are on the run from the government and he told Spandam that they'd meet again eventually. I guess at some point the Straw-Hats will meet up with CP9 (possibly in the New World even) and they'll end up getting tangled in Spandam's plot for revenge, as well....
Ah I see. Sorry Buggy is still a complete disappointment to me.

Just waiting to see how long until Oda actually starts to end One Piece. Gonna give it at least 500 more chapters. Both Naruto and Bleach are ending in the near future. This year or next year.
Old 2009-01-15, 03:36   Link #48
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
You know for a fact that Naruto and Bleach are ending?

Contrary to Naruto, One Piece is still going strong for me. Oda just keeps coming up with great new ideas for his storyline, and keeps the readers interested. However, a lot of people still aren't reading One Piece because they think it's too..."Childish"... if you ask me, they aren't even reading it.
Old 2009-01-15, 10:32   Link #49
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Foxy is supposed to be a villain?

He has absolutely nothing villainous...

You mean aside from the fact that he not only shot that old man's horse (which was the reason why Luffy agreed to the Davy Back Fight in the first place) and playing extremely dirty tricks in the games themselves? I suppose you expect him to be a cold-blooded killing machine like Lucci or a puppy-kicker like Hancock to match your idea of "villainous"? Being goofy does not disqualify someone from being a villain.

And besides, he gave Luffy one of the hardest ass-kickings he's ever received in the series (and note that he actually gave Luffy a rougher fight than Bellamy and Eneru before him, both of whom being by all accounts superior fighters to Foxy). I really wish people stopped dismissing the goofier characters as being weak and/or useless, because that's not true.....
Old 2009-01-15, 12:43   Link #50
marvelB

Ah, I see. Yeah, he's definitely mischievous, but he was still an enemy nonetheless. Even a minor villain is still a villain, no matter which way you cut it.....

Anyway, I guess some other potential candidates for a ministory could be the World Nobles since they were technically the main villains of the Sabaody arc, but I have a strong feeling that they'll make a reappearance in the main storyline in the near future. Taking Hancock's story about her past and Fisher Tiger into consideration, I think the nobles will be heavily involved in the merman island arc. Also, Sharlia swore that she would have revenge on Luffy's crew for attacking her father and brother. Plus, when you also remember that Charlos technically did purchase Camie at the auction, he may want to travel to the underwater island to reclaim his prize. In short, Luffy's still gonna have a big mess on his hands even after the Impel Down arc is over.....
Old 2009-01-15, 19:19   Link #51
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I just wanted to point out that I knew Jimbei's former bounty was going to be lower than Kuma's, as I had speculated on post #225 in the "General Discussion on the Shichibukai [manga]" thread. It makes really good sense considering how much of a gap there is between Crocodile's and Kuma's former bounties. Again though, this in no way means that Jimbei is weaker than guys like Kuma, Moria, and Doflamingo. People really need to get rid of the "bounty=strength" mentality.
Old 2009-01-15, 19:55   Link #52
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
You know for a fact that Naruto and Bleach are ending?

Contrary to Naruto, One Piece is still going strong for me. Oda just keeps coming up with great new ideas for his storyline, and keeps the readers interested. However, a lot of people still aren't reading One Piece because they think it's too..."Childish"... if you ask me, they aren't even reading it.
Well obviously it's not a fact but it's just my speculation. Both are on its ending stages if you know what I mean. I mean yeah theres still TONS of stuff left but that feeling is just there.

One Piece on the other hand.....hoho I don't even know if this will ever end. :P
Old 2009-01-15, 21:55   Link #53
connhau

why? i don't read
Old 2009-01-15, 22:14   Link #54
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
People really need to get rid of the "bounty=strength" mentality.
Not entirely; Aokiji informs us that Bounty's have connection to strength. Even in the last couple of chapters, it lets us know the level of characters that are in Impel Down by using their bounty.
Shichibukai are exceptions cause their bounties are frozen.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-01-15 at 22:51.
Old 2009-01-15, 23:49   Link #55
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Not entirely; Aokiji informs us that Bounty's have connection to strength. Even in the last couple of chapters, it lets us know the level of characters that are in Impel Down by using their bounty.
Shichibukai are exceptions cause their bounties are frozen.
True. Well if you think about it, having a high bounty sort of puts the person in a position that they're NOT weak. Can you imagine someone with a $500 mill bounty and being really weak?
Old 2009-01-16, 02:33   Link #56
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quick question, when did luffy acquire the pirate map around his arm?
Old 2009-01-16, 02:35   Link #57
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Quick question, when did luffy acquire the pirate map around his arm?
He found it in Thriller Bark.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-01-16, 09:43   Link #58
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I like the new look for Buggy it make him look like less of a Joke Personally I liked the Thriller Bark arc the most and this arc is even impressing me more ..
Old 2009-01-16, 11:39   Link #59
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
True. Well if you think about it, having a high bounty sort of puts the person in a position that they're NOT weak. Can you imagine someone with a $500 mill bounty and being really weak?
Robin, when she first got her bounty was like that. She had no real powers, but a really high bounty(I don't remember specifics).
Old 2009-01-16, 12:08   Link #60
Boduar

Luffy is already starting to have to use his gears and hes only on level 2 ... should be interesting when he gets to lvl 4-5 what hes gonna use.
Closed Thread