AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-16, 12:14   Link #61
ZeroForever

bounties are based on the threat/damage that the person holds/incurred inrespect to the World Government.

Forgot which chapter that was stated, but it is for this reason robin had a high bounty at such a young age.

Fun chapter, though did luffy really need to go gear 3, as he has beat comparable size sea kings with just his normal attacks.
Old 2009-01-16, 12:27   Link #62
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
Luffy is already starting to have to use his gears and hes only on level 2 ... should be interesting when he gets to lvl 4-5 what hes gonna use.
I'm more interesting in what kind of defense lie there

In the translation, it says "The floor where fire fist Ace is being kept" Is it a hint that it isn't just level 5?
Old 2009-01-16, 12:59   Link #63
Paraden1989

Finally Jinbei is out! and i was thinking while reading this chapter that Luffy's fight with the Baslisk would be a good fight to watch in the anime as a filler! and since i am on the subject of the anime, i don't know about everyone else but i believe almost all of the episodes Thriller Bark Arc covered at least one chapter. according to Wikipedia they are going to start the Duval part of the Sabaody Archipelago arc this week in the anime, so if the anime does that for it will take them at least 38 weeks/episodes to catch up to the manga.
Old 2009-01-16, 13:11   Link #64
Captain Roronoa Zoro

dam i really wanted to see crocodile....
Old 2009-01-16, 14:37   Link #65
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
according to Wikipedia they are going to start the Duval part of the Sabaody Archipelago arc this week in the anime
I can't wait for the epic events that happen in the archipelago to be animated.
Quote:
so if the anime does that for it will take them at least 38 weeks/episodes to catch up to the manga.
The studio needs time to make each episode, and I don't they could make a decent episode each week for that many weeks.
Old 2009-01-16, 15:18   Link #66
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Great chapter, the warden sure is an interesting character. I think it's awesome that he spends 10 hours in the bathroom everyday. It should be interesting to see how one deals with a poison man in battle too.

I also really like Jinbei's character design, and I can't wait to see what he can do. And to top it all off Mr. 3 has joined in on the fun.

This is off topic, but with all these high bounties flashing around I'm surprised that we haven't seen more Bounty hunters in the manga and even the anime as fillers.
Old 2009-01-16, 15:39   Link #67
marvelB

Heh, Magellan and Hannyabal make an awesome comedy duo. I'm actually kinda hoping that the two of them will team up to fight against Luffy when they find out he's rampaging through the prison, but I guess it's more likely that Hannyabal will just let Magellan get wasted by Luffy so he can steal his position.

As far as Luffy and Buggy goes, it looks like those guys (along with Mr. 3) will be facing off against the boss of level 2 next chapter, which seems to be a lion judging from its face, but is probably some freaky mutant animal like that basilisk (maybe a chimera?). I wonder how much help Mr. 3 will be in this upcoming battle.....

And on the subject of Jinbei, one particularly interesting thing to note is that the translation I read didn't say that him and Ace were specifically held in level 5. It simply says "The floor where Ace is held", which would seemingly imply that both him and Ace are held in one of those floors beneath level 5. Hmmm......

But yeah, great chapter. I now eagerly await the next one (which we thankfully don't have to wait two weeks for)!

Edit: Wow, I just noticed that on page 15, you can see a monster (which may or may not be the floor boss) sneaking up on Luffy and Buggy in the background. I wonder just how many of those hell beasts they'll have to face before moving on to level 3.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-01-16 at 16:00.
Old 2009-01-16, 16:18   Link #68
james0246

^Mr. 3 did defeat a Giant almost single-handedly (albeit through trickier and subterfuge...but his powers were enough to at least confine a Giant if not outright defeat said Giant), so I expect he could be quite helpful fighting these giant mutant beasties.

If nothing else, Mr. 3 will be a nice source of light if one of the further levels turns out to be darker than the preceeding level...
Old 2009-01-16, 17:08   Link #69
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And on the subject of Jinbei, one particularly interesting thing to note is that the translation I read didn't say that him and Ace were specifically held in level 5. It simply says "The floor where Ace is held", which would seemingly imply that both him and Ace are held in one of those floors beneath level 5. Hmmm......
Yes, that's literally what it says. If Ace is actually on normal part of Level 5, it would now seem anti-climatic...

Quote:
As far as Luffy and Buggy goes, it looks like those guys (along with Mr. 3) will be facing off against the boss of level 2 next chapter, which seems to be a lion judging from its face, but is probably some freaky mutant animal like that basilisk (maybe a chimera?). I wonder how much help Mr. 3 will be in this upcoming battle.....

Edit: Wow, I just noticed that on page 15, you can see a monster (which may or may not be the floor boss) sneaking up on Luffy and Buggy in the background. I wonder just how many of those hell beasts they'll have to face before moving on to level 3.....
That glare Luffy is giving Buggy is rather fun. But, there seems to be two lion-like shapes above them (two separate sfx too). In which case, they wouldn't be the "level boss", but could be related - the prisoners all jumped back into their cages for safety when the heard that growl - and then mentioned the level boss. That loud growl did seem to come from something with a cat-like head. Any lion type mythical beasts out there? (ie something in similar league as Basilisk)
Old 2009-01-16, 17:09   Link #70
Casshern

"It's a snake born from a chicken... A Basilisk!"
I nearly fell of my chair when I read that was a basilisk!

I'd love it if Luffy manages to get Ace out of the cage and Whitebeard suddenly appears behind him! I think it'd be really cool for Luffy to meet Whitebeard around this point! Also can't wait for the brothers' reunion!

Btw, I really don't remember, but was it mentioned earlyer why Jinbei is locked up?
Old 2009-01-16, 17:31   Link #71
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Any lion type mythical beasts out there? (ie something in similar league as Basilisk)

Yeah, there's the Nemean Lion from Greek mythology, a big nasty lion that Hercules fought and killed. But since the monsters we've seen so far were hybrids (though the bluegori are still up to debate), I assume that the lion may be some sort of hybrid creature as well (like a chimera).

Heh, we've seen how Dr. Hogback created a zombie cerberus in Thriller Bark, but maybe Impel Down contains the real deal. It certainly would be interesting to see Oda explain how a beastie like that was conceived.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Btw, I really don't remember, but was it mentioned earlyer why Jinbei is locked up?

It was already explained in chapter 523: Jinbei had a disagreement with the marines about fighting Whitebeard and got locked up for it. We don't know the exact reason for his rebellion yet, but we should find out in the near future.....
Old 2009-01-16, 17:42   Link #72
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Wow, Jinbei looks awesome sort of like how Raijin or Fujin are depicted (in the face that is). I wonder who the "boss" of this arc will be, least I don't think it would be Magellan (Luffy will probably fight him, but will confront a much bigger threat after him).
Old 2009-01-16, 17:54   Link #73
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Well based on the three releases, Naruto wins this week. One Piece was pretty good but it just didn't have the awesome feeling. Bleach as usual is failing.....

Well there goes Luffy going to lv 3 or 4 without being noticed.
Old 2009-01-16, 18:18   Link #74
kari-no-sugata

We don't really see the fight, but my impression is that Luffy didn't need to go Gear 3 - that Basilisk seemed to be one-hit KO with Gear 3. After all, it didn't take Luffy long to revert to normal (5-10 seconds?), so he couldn't have been using Gear 3 for long. I get the feeling he just wasn't in the mood to mess around and waste time. He must have tried at least one normal hit though - those Bulgori were one-hit KOs as well without Gear 3 (though Luffy said they were strong). Presumably the level 2 boss will take more than one Gear 3 hit to defeat... or at least a single strong Gear 3 hit. And presumably, we'll actually see this fight (maybe it'll take a chapter from intro or something).

At this rate, seems Luffy might max out his fighting capacity even before he gets to Level 5. Will things become a "team" fight?

Interestingly, he doesn't seem to be making any use of Haki at all (at least deliberately). Has he not spoken about it with Hancock at all?
Old 2009-01-16, 18:57   Link #75
marvelB

Honestly, I wouldn't really be surprised if Luffy ends up encountering really powerful opponents before reaching level 5. Impel Down is a prison that contains the worst criminals in the world, so it's only fitting that the floor bosses may overwhelm him if he's not careful (Heck, elder Nyon even warned him that Ace would have powerful guards watching him!).

But yeah, team battles are most definitely a possibility at this point (I always loved it when Oda does team battles! ). Luffy and Buggy alone should come up with some pretty crazy combo attacks. Still, while I'm sure that Bon Clay will join up with Luffy, that still leaves the question of whether or not Daz and Crocodile will be involved, as well. Those two sure had no problems with being sent to Impel Down in the ministory.....

As far as Haki goes, I wouldn't really expect to see Luffy use another Haki burst until he at least reaches level 4 or 5. Otherwise, I'd say he would just use the power of his Gears 'till then (along the assistance of his fellow escapees, of course)....
Old 2009-01-16, 20:24   Link #76
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Ah I see. Sorry Buggy is still a complete disappointment to me.

Just waiting to see how long until Oda actually starts to end One Piece. Gonna give it at least 500 more chapters. Both Naruto and Bleach are ending in the near future. This year or next year.
Well if you're wanting One Piece to end, it will probably be a few years including this one (2009) before that could happen.
Old 2009-01-16, 21:48   Link #77
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roronoa Zoro View Post
dam i really wanted to see crocodile....
I imagine he's on at least lvl 4.
Old 2009-01-16, 22:13   Link #78
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I imagine he's on at least lvl 4.
Yeah. I wanna see what Crocodile is gonna do.

Can't imagine what Luffys bounty is going to be after the successful rescue.
Old 2009-01-17, 01:30   Link #79
Wargumm1i
Hentai

But still okei, Luffy rescuse Ace, leaves Impel Down then what? his crew was seperated to god knows where at the ends of the world, I mean one could have bin sent to new world and other way back where the crew first came.

I wonder ones Impel Down arc is over and if Hancock still has her super crush on Luffy, if she will join his crew in search for them, or atleast some members of Amazon Island will assists Luffy in his search.

Still Hancock´s crush on Luffy, i just cant help and get the feeling that she might swift that crush on someone else becaues that would be a shame, so far there hasent bin any character who had a crush on Luffy or something and I think she would be a joyful add to the crew.
Old 2009-01-17, 01:34   Link #80
james0246

^Luffy and company split up a locator card so that they could meet back up at the Thousand Sunny. So, Luffy expects to find his crew already on the ship by the time Luffy is done releasing Ace (that is what Luffy expects, but that does not mean that is what is going to happen).
Closed Thread