AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-14, 12:45   Link #21
Doomfox
Did not grow…

Old 2008-01-14, 15:37   Link #22
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
For those of you who visited the ISML forum board but had trouble with posting, I have fixed the problem, so you should post there without any problem.

EDIT: Yuki Nagato's profile is finished, and her individual schedule is released. And personally, I apologize to Yuki for giving her tough matches early. Shown here.

Just so you know, if an individual contestant's schedule is released, you can always find out who she's going against and when by checking the schedules page.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-01-14 at 22:55.
Old 2008-01-14, 22:59   Link #23
solidified

I shall nominate..

5 points: Mikuru Asahina- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (HANDS DOWN)

4 points: Nanaka- Myself; Yourself

3 points: Maria- Hayate No Gotoku

2 points: Chihiro- ef ~a tale of memories

1 point: Asa Shigure- Shuffle!
Old 2008-01-14, 23:05   Link #24
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidified View Post
I shall nominate..

5 points: Mikuru Asahina- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (HANDS DOWN)

4 points: Nanaka- Myself; Yourself

3 points: Maria- Hayate No Gotoku

2 points: Chihiro- ef ~a tale of memories

1 point: Asa Shigure- Shuffle!
Both characters are already qualified to take part in this league, so nominations in red are dead. (If you redo the nominations with the same IP address you used before, I'll replace them for you.) Heck, Maria's entry is on the regular contestants page...

I should remind myself to put Evangeline, Mikuru, and Kagami in alphastickmania's next image batch.
Old 2008-01-14, 23:56   Link #25
kucigaromeo
Hell Kitty
*Fansubber

5. Saga Bergmann - Chicchana Yukitsukai Sugar (Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar)
4. Shia - Pita-ten
3. Mizunashi Akari - ARIA series
2. Alicia Florence - ARIA series
1. Machi - Nagasarete Airantou, 最高(read: psycho) moe

I'm not surprised if none of them entered the tournament

my anidb list: http://anidb.net/u224323
Hidamari Sketch, Arts of Innocence
Old 2008-01-15, 01:10   Link #26
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by kucigaromeo View Post
I'm not surprised if none of them entered the tournament
Hey, it's been only three days, and so far, I have nearly 150 characters on my list vying for only 17 positions. It's one heated race. So far, three of them have left the rest in the dust, so they're in safe haven (for now), but what's more important is that 17th slot, and I see a huge stack of competitors vying for it. I'm telling you, a lot of these girls will be going home disappointed.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-01-15 at 02:07.
Old 2008-01-15, 02:24   Link #27
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
10 bux say that at least one of them, if not the three, are from Clannad.

And I bet these KyoAni fans forgot about Air. The difference of hype.

Also one of them could be Sakura. That makes me ask, is it really fair to have both of them? 90% of people will find Sakura-chan more moe than Sakura-hime.

Then again, it could be really interesting to find out
Here's my take on KyoAni fans and Air: Air was the first KyoAni production, so it was kind of a prototype to where everyone goes. KyoAni used Air and improved on it for Kanon, so typically, Kanon girls are more moe than Air girls. And now Clannad is overshadowing Kanon in terms of moe.

If you look at it from 2005's Saimoe Japan statistics, Air didn't really do so well - just one girl finished in the top 16 (Kannabi no Mikoto, 8th place), and there weren't as huge as a faction then, so generally speaking, many KyoAni fans won't remember Air at all. I don't think KyoAni became a huge threat until Haruhi Suzumiya came by.

And as for the Sakura situation, unlike little Nanoha and big Nanoha, Sakura-chan and Sakura-hime are from two different series that have little to do with each other than the fact that the same names were used, so I am treating them as separate. Also, Sakura-chan participating in this tournament may be a plus to Sakura-hime, since although Sakura-hime will probably blow the match against Sakura-chan, there may be some sort of an alliance that can pull her through with a better finish than projected.

I so wish I can spoil the results as of today, but I can't, since a leak in information will result in changes in voting patterns, kind of like what happened in Saimoe Japan 2007. I can only be cryptic in these kinds of things.
Old 2008-01-15, 04:38   Link #28
Lyn Shaoran

Hello everyone...I'm Italian boy...pleasure to meet you!
I voted this name...is correct???

ehehe...I hope that Ren will pass the turn ehhee!!
Ren Nanase is the Best girl for everyone
Old 2008-01-15, 04:53   Link #29
DarkBelerofonte
The Last of Omega Clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Edited my first post to include a third rule... I knew I forgot something.

Kagami Hiiragi and Mikuru Asahina are dead nominations, since both characters have already qualified in this tournament via a top 16 finish in the Korea tournaments. I'm looking at the nomination results right now, so if you re-submit with the same IP address, I'll fill in the 4 and 3 points for you.
One more time then:

5 Points - Sakura Kinomoto - Card Captor Sakura

4 Points - Moka Akashiya - Rosario + Vampire

3 Points - Haruka Minami - Minami-ke

2 Points - Ayu Tsukimiya - Kanon (2006)

1 Point - Kyou Fujibayashi - Clannad
Old 2008-01-15, 05:20   Link #30
alphastickmania
Stick Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn Shaoran View Post
Hello everyone...I'm Italian boy...pleasure to meet you!
I voted this name...is correct???

ehehe...I hope that Ren will pass the turn ehhee!!
Ren Nanase is the Best girl for everyone
Eh... You can vote for characters on H-series?!? Personally, I think characters that live in the H arena only don't stand much of a chance.

P.S : minhtam2448, have you tried DarkMirage?
Old 2008-01-15, 05:41   Link #31
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Here's my take on KyoAni fans and Air: Air was the first KyoAni production, so it was kind of a prototype to where everyone goes. KyoAni used Air and improved on it for Kanon, so typically, Kanon girls are more moe than Air girls. And now Clannad is overshadowing Kanon in terms of moe.
Not totally correct (though one might argue Air is the "first" because it is their first stand alone production). There is Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu and some other projects before IIRC.

The thing is... I doubt Air has any "lessened" impact despite the vintage considering how Misuzu is quite big in term of popularity. That said, aside of Kanna, Michuru, Kano etc might have been forgotten in the flow of memories

Quote:
And as for the Sakura situation, unlike little Nanoha and big Nanoha, Sakura-chan and Sakura-hime are from two different series that have little to do with each other than the fact that the same names were used, so I am treating them as separate.
As a CLAMP fan, I seconds it a lot, because even though both Sakura are kinda similar, they are definitely different, and it has nothing to do with the plot part of "dimension" nor the age. They are acting and their mindset are quite different, although their harbor the same assets and personality traits.

Here are my votes:

5 & 4: Might be a little bias considering they are my favourite CLANNAD female characters, but simply, Nagisa screams "moe" for me, considering he assets, personality and hardship/actions.
Kyou, meanwhile, is the kind of genki & aggressive girl which is quite well blended with her assets and careness.
3: I don't exactly have a insane fond of moeblob (I like this type of characters, but don't exactly scream "moe moe", as ironic as the term imply), Hanyuu is a heavy gunner in such traits, twisted with devotion and such. She should rejoin the front with Rena and Rika
2: I don't think I need to give justification for the widely infamous Sakura-chan, one of the earliest and foundators of "Moe".
1: Despite Kaname is my favourite character along with Sousuke, Tessa deserves the "moe" title in the franchise.
Old 2008-01-15, 06:18   Link #32
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Klashikari, Tessa has already qualified. So you can still nominate Chidori. Or whoever else you want.

alphastickmania, I personally find Fujino Shion (Hatsu Inu) really cute, despite my general dislike for silent girls.

And Minhtam, I think that Sakura-hime's performance will decrease due to Sakura-chan's presence. Since she might have gathered a few extra votes just for having the name.

Never forget
Old 2008-01-15, 06:49   Link #33
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

*sigh* I didn't even see that lost lone bottom line with FMP, I guess I will reinsert a vote with slot 1 alone...
*scratches his head*
Well i guess it will go for lazyness and vote for Kaname then.

As for Sakura... well, It might create a coallition of the sort, but it sure might have a vote spread effect
Old 2008-01-15, 09:09   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
5. Edomae Runa - Seto no Hanayome
4. Horo - Spice and Wolf
3. Hanyuu - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
2. Kinomoto Sakura - Card Captor Sakura
1. Seto San - Seto no Hanayome

Runa: Well it was a good fight in saimoe that ended against Nanoha. At least one thing I gained from all that despair was learning how much I liked her character. So will try to get Runa back in for one more shot. Was able to understand her character better and so I'll see how it goes.

Horo: Probably my favorite character from the Winter Season. One episode was good enough to get me to support her into this one. Just can't say no to a wolf-goddess that goes from giant wolf to very moe girl. Excellent personality so hopefully she can squeeze in to this.

Hanyuu: It's Hanyuu . That girl was built for this tournament. A spirit that missed screentime to not make it into saimoe will get her shot here. Just great moe and chemistry with Rika.

Sakura: Forgetting the princess and going back to the original moe character. Just a great classic with enough costumes to make you dizzy. Pretty skilled person overall though always finding a way to drop the baton on her head. Should be able to compete quite well in this one.

San: Well can't get my Runa and San matchup otherwise . But really San showed some great moe in getting pretty far before being stopped. Mermaid neko moe will return to the stage (unless I'm the only one who votes then it won't )

So after having some months off might just be time for more despair...err more cheering characters on. Site was really well done and just gets you excited about this one.
Old 2008-01-15, 11:05   Link #35
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

You know, if Klash missed something on the contestants list... I'm going to have to redo the list in ABC order...

And technically, you can nominate characters from H-series, since they are technically listed under anime, but if you think about it, they're NOT going to do well in this league - Saimoe contests tend to bend toward the younger. Not to mention that most of their support material would be censored due to the rules I listed.

EDIT: Can't accept Night Shift Nurses girls - profile check gave me way too little information on them.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-01-15 at 11:35.
Old 2008-01-15, 15:15   Link #36
Teiran
NPC
*Author

I could rightfully be accused of taking the chalk with my own nominations, but I'm nonetheless pleased to see a good selection in the thread so far. Even though some of the named characters inevitably won't end up making the field, seeing their names kind of triggers a memory of encountering them for the first time. Good stuff.
Old 2008-01-15, 16:09   Link #37
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture

^_^ my nominees
Old 2008-01-15, 19:41   Link #38
thenightsshadow

Here are my 5.

Ignore the fact that it's in Hiragana...I'm having quite a bit of problems with my computer right now...
Old 2008-01-16, 00:32   Link #39
TAM-Lisa
Yuricon

5- Setsuna Sakurazaki - Negima
4- Aeru - SIMOUN
3- Rei Ayanami - Neon Genesis Evangelion
2- Chiaki Minami - Minami-ke
1- Sakura Kinomoto - Cardcaptor Sakura
Old 2008-01-16, 01:14   Link #40
Ultenth

Was really hard to narrow it down so much . But here is my 5.

• 5 - Tamaki Kawazoe - Bamboo Blade
  • 4 - Holo Kenrou - Okami to Koshinryo
  • 3 - Chiaki Minami - Minami-ke
  • 2 - Sora Kajiwara - Sketchbook ~full color'S~
  • 1 - Kana Minami - Minami-ke

Tama-chan because she's like a younger shy otaku version of Mai.
Holo because 1 episode tells me that I'm going to love her mischevious but injured personality.
Chaiki because she's just plain awesomeness in how she deals with Kana and Mako-chan.
Sora because I love her inquisitive and peaceful but shy nature.
Kana because she's so crazy and energetic and silly.

Last edited by Ultenth; 2008-01-16 at 03:13.
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe