AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2010-07-11, 02:16   Link #101
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
LULZ mode activate!!!

thats why that the SVD's scope has a little something in its crosshair, tho i forgot what that name was.
Quote:
its range is THAT far but i cant say for accuracy tho. unless reki uses an intervention rifle THEN she can reach 2km.

if kinji can do what he did in the first chapter of the LN and manga, it can be plausible that he can also be a spotter.

a rule of the sniper is for ambush and support. at first i mistook her for a sharpshooter tho. those two are different things.
You mean the curved markings on the left? It is called a rangefinder. The 7.62mm x 54mmR is said to have similar ballistics to its 7.62 x 51mm NATO counterpart, with just a slightly larger punch due to its extra mass that allows it have more K.E.

Snipers and sharpshooters are the same. Snipers and designated marksmen, however, are the two different ones. The SVD is meant and built for DMs, not snipers, that's why it is given a semi-auto function.

Quote:
and if i remember something, the calculation for the sniper (the spotter if its two man) is:

bullet compensation
wind speed
Coriolis effect
angle
variable distance/range
When you mentioned Coriolis Effect, I knew you had just read everything off the net with no formal thought given into kinematics and dynamics.

1. Compensation is given to the mass of the bullet causing bullet drop AND parallax errors, not just the bullet itself.

2. Wind speed alters a bullet's flight path. Having a larger bullet mass helps to counteract it in breezes and ranges below a click. Both the Warsaw and NATO 7.62mm rounds can hit stuff at 300 metres without taking into account wind speed (unless it's very strong), anything beyond that you have to do your calculations and adjustments.

3. Elevation is only used for anything up to anything half a click above sea level and a range above half a click. 7.62 rounds can fly straight further than you think.

I have no idea which variable angle/distance you are talking about, and I will let you figure out Coriolis Effect on your own with this equation :

Fc = -2mω X Vr

where
Fc = Coriolis Force
m = mass of bullet
ω = angular velocity of earth
X = vectorial product
Vr = muzzle velocity of bullet

ω is based on the latitude position of the spot you are sniping from on Earth. It depends on which position you are shooting from, towards the South, the bullet would shift West due to Earth's spin. And taking Newton's Law of Gravitation into account, the Inverse Sqaure law applies.

From my calculations, even with a really long ranged bullet like the 20mm, I seriously doubt the Coriolis effect will be needed to be taken into account because with a powerful enough scope of up to 10x magnification and some experience of shooting stuff over a click, the deviation of the bullet due to Coriolis effect would be less than a metre at a range of 2 clicks.

The Coriolis effect seems to be used more for artillery and mortar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
i have no real experience with any sniper training. but from what i know of basic marksmen ship principles and the theory of gunnery you learn as a tank gunner this is pretty much what the fire control computer calculate for you after you lase a target.
If only sniper weapons have fire control computers...but that would require a superpowerful processor because the bullet dynamics are so radically different as compared for tank guns. The numbers dealt with are like 1000,000 times smaller.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 03:51   Link #102
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You mean the curved markings on the left? It is called a rangefinder. The 7.62mm x 54mmR is said to have similar ballistics to its 7.62 x 51mm NATO counterpart, with just a slightly larger punch due to its extra mass that allows it have more K.E.

Snipers and sharpshooters are the same. Snipers and designated marksmen, however, are the two different ones. The SVD is meant and built for DMs, not snipers, that's why it is given a semi-auto function.

When you mentioned Coriolis Effect, I knew you had just read everything off the net with no formal thought given into kinematics and dynamics.

1. Compensation is given to the mass of the bullet causing bullet drop AND parallax errors, not just the bullet itself.

2. Wind speed alters a bullet's flight path. Having a larger bullet mass helps to counteract it in breezes and ranges below a click. Both the Warsaw and NATO 7.62mm rounds can hit stuff at 300 metres without taking into account wind speed (unless it's very strong), anything beyond that you have to do your calculations and adjustments.

3. Elevation is only used for anything up to anything half a click above sea level and a range above half a click. 7.62 rounds can fly straight further than you think.

I have no idea which variable angle/distance you are talking about, and I will let you figure out Coriolis Effect on your own with this equation :

Fc = -2mω X Vr

where
Fc = Coriolis Force
m = mass of bullet
ω = angular velocity of earth
X = vectorial product
Vr = muzzle velocity of bullet

ω is based on the latitude position of the spot you are sniping from on Earth. It depends on which position you are shooting from, towards the South, the bullet would shift West due to Earth's spin. And taking Newton's Law of Gravitation into account, the Inverse Sqaure law applies.

From my calculations, even with a really long ranged bullet like the 20mm, I seriously doubt the Coriolis effect will be needed to be taken into account because with a powerful enough scope of up to 10x magnification and some experience of shooting stuff over a click, the deviation of the bullet due to Coriolis effect would be less than a metre at a range of 2 clicks.

The Coriolis effect seems to be used more for artillery and mortar.

If only sniper weapons have fire control computers...but that would require a superpowerful processor because the bullet dynamics are so radically different as compared for tank guns. The numbers dealt with are like 1000,000 times smaller.
just generalized the term CE it since im not into in-depth of such. though i get mistakes i admit.

bullet drop..... THATS the angle i was trying to say. dayum...... since she is in urban territory and i doubt that she can take on butei killer snipers....

the CE has to sometimes be included as the wind sometimes changes at a whim. i'll go OMGWTF if reki can actually PULL epic calculations while she is looking at the scope. lawl
Old 2010-07-11, 13:21   Link #103
tsunade666

The development of the discussion turns into a huge gun talk. WEll hidan no aria is about girls carrying deadly weapon in lots of different ways.

btw I had read lots of click in the post. What is the click any way? half click, one click away.

Is that the lines in the sniper scope?
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 13:42   Link #104
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The development of the discussion turns into a huge gun talk. WEll hidan no aria is about girls carrying deadly weapon in lots of different ways.

btw I had read lots of click in the post. What is the click any way? half click, one click away.

Wow, one full page dedicated to the discussion of guns, good job everyone!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 04:33   Link #105
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:

we are focusing on reki's ability and weapon....
Old 2010-07-12, 20:11   Link #106
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

You know, someone should just open a manga thread instead of discussing it in here. The manga is still on-going anyway, so its good to this discuss it on a proper thread instead of in here.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 15:04   Link #107
tsunade666

I tried to search the tread in the manga and light novel part of the forum but it's not their.

....As for Reki's ability when I look at the raws for chapter 9 you could guess what's her ability is.
Old 2010-07-25, 16:01   Link #108
pampz21
ShipCore

the hell i can't find the updates this suckz,,,never even knew that chapter 9 came out

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 16:32   Link #109
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I can imagine that the anime will start in next year, not October.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 14:56   Link #110
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Volume 7 of the novel will be in sell somewhere around this month i believe (according to Animate, it will be on 25th August.. some site stated August 2010.. well it just mean the same thing anyway lol)

Spoiler for Volume 7 cover:
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 02:24   Link #111
tsunade666

the cover page is Jeanne D Arc. Looks promising as ever. thanks for the info margafred.
Old 2010-08-07, 09:05   Link #112
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Volume 7 of the novel will be in sell somewhere around this month i believe (according to Animate, it will be on 25th August.. some site stated August 2010.. well it just mean the same thing anyway lol)

Heh...can't wait...
Old 2010-08-07, 15:56   Link #113
tsunade666

I just saw the anime fall line up for 2010 though I'm not sure if it's final. I hope it would be aired at least january 2011. The waiting is killing.
Old 2010-08-07, 21:52   Link #114
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post

Lol, she's nopan!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 13:43   Link #115
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

According to ANN, the anime will air on TBS.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 14:41   Link #116
tsunade666

TBS.... and the line up for fall is complete. I wish it would be aired at least winter together with my other expecting shows. fall and winter are just the best. The other season are just ... meh ... for me
Old 2010-08-12, 23:44   Link #117
ZeKeR
Superbad

this will be awesome..... did anyone translate teh novels yet? baka-tsuki has still few
Old 2010-08-13, 03:18   Link #118
tsunade666

I had finished the vol 1 this morning and what can I say. It's really great and kinda unique for a first volume to leave that much impression. It really had that romantic theme. Well theirs also rivalry that would never be away and team work. The near end is really romantic.

Kinji is right for calling Aria princess. Then his the knight who come to rescue the princess. Though the end of vol 1 is a cliffhanger and I do want to read vol 2 already but index vol 21 comes first before continuing.
Old 2010-08-13, 03:23   Link #119
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
I had finished the vol 1 this morning and what can I say. It's really great and kinda unique for a first volume to leave that much impression. It really had that romantic theme. Well theirs also rivalry that would never be away and team work. The near end is really romantic.

Kinji is right for calling Aria princess. Then his the knight who come to rescue the princess. Though the end of vol 1 is a cliffhanger and I do want to read vol 2 already but index vol 21 comes first before continuing.
you can read JP? or thars an english?
Old 2010-08-13, 08:43   Link #120
tsunade666

I can't read japanase. I'm using a translating software. It's not 100% accurate but still it's good enough for me to understand.

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere