AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-09-30, 23:45   Link #7161
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I think the biggest point is that throughout the entire series Hayate has never once looked upon Nagi in a romantic light, or even been *embarrassed* by her sticking her face too close/being in a compromising situation etc. The idea being that Hayate sees her as a child and his master, but not a love interest. Imo either Nagi or Hayate would have to change quite drastically to tip the balance, but since throughout staus quo as been god I doubt that'll happen. Here's to you Hina speaking neutrally of course.
As of the end of the Athens/Golden Week arc, it seems that she's changed enough that he might start thinking of her romantically, though I don't think we've gotten confirmation either way as to that.

Given his reactions to Hina-tan, his claim to 'prefer older women' seems to extend over mental age, not (just) physical, everyone (except Hayate and Hinagiku apparently) can see that they're entirely enamored with each other and she's about half-a year younger than him, and except for Maria, he hasn't shown overt romantic intentions toward anyone else, older or younger.
Especially Ayumu, who is more or less on the opposite end of the scale of Hina. Ayumu is a few months older than him, and he's (amusingly) rejected her.
So he might be seeing Nagi as such now that she seems to have (almost?) caught up to Hinagiku in maturity.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.

Last edited by Bastion_Arcion; 2010-10-01 at 00:09.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 06:43   Link #7162
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Just read the latest chapter and just saying this:
AWESOME!!!!!
Reminded me, a lot............. myself.........
First, unlimited stamina when something serious happens ( which explain on how ojou-sama managed to outran baka butler)

Second, we still have baka Azumamiya which I like to kick his ass (but not as much as "certain" someone..)

Third, When you feeling down, you always need someone you really close to, and I meant REALLY....
"hugs ojou-sama"
It's okay, I'm also here xD
Old 2010-10-01, 06:52   Link #7163
alviam099

The latest chapter is sort of a warning that Nagi will change ..,, for me at least

It seems that's the first thing that she accepted defeat and ran away like a ooh oh I'm not a genius but I'm supposed to be a genius ...

However Wolfnagi that's only possible if you can request Hata to put you in the story colored and makes you her butler instead of Hayate in a one-shot of course
alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 06:59   Link #7164
Wolfnagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
The latest chapter is sort of a warning that Nagi will change ..,, for me at least

It seems that's the first thing that she accepted defeat and ran away like a ooh oh I'm not a genius but I'm supposed to be a genius ...

However Wolfnagi that's only possible if you can request Hata to put you in the story colored and makes you her butler instead of Hayate in a one-shot of course
Got that from everyone,
Obviously I'm gonna make a doujin bout that,
But with drawing skills par with ojou-sama........
I need more training,
Anyway, anyone realized that this arc is actually for those otaku's who just sit home and think that they can make money by making something that they sucks?????
I already realized it long ago but still can't change myself >.>
Old 2010-10-01, 10:18   Link #7165
madmac

Quote:

I'd say more that Nagi breaking the stone was a warning that she would change and now we're finally getting to that point, but it amounts to the same thing.

Hata posted on backstage this week that this story was very important and would tie into previous chapters, so I expect there will be some big changes once it's all over.

Or to put it another way, everything since 266 has probably been transition and preparation for the plot arc we're hitting now.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 10:20   Link #7166
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I think thats what he wants to do with Nagi, build her as a NEET, and then eventually make her realize the important things in life and get her out of her usual lifestyle.
Hmm... I think that's been the point of this manga since day 1.
Old 2010-10-01, 11:58   Link #7167
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
Just read the latest chapter and just saying this:
AWESOME!!!!!
Reminded me, a lot............. myself.........
First, unlimited stamina when something serious happens ( which explain on how ojou-sama managed to outran baka butler)
Haven't read it myself yet, but it could also be Hayate being 'out-run' because he knew she needed to run out her frustration and so just 'walked' behind her, to keep her safe of course.
Remember at the start of the arc, she also ran up a building several stories high out of frustration and Hayate let her go after trying to call her back from running.
Seems to me that he's recognizing her growth.
Twang?

... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Old 2010-10-01, 12:05   Link #7168
Wolfnagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Haven't read it myself yet, but it could also be Hayate being 'out-run' because he knew she needed to run out her frustration and so just 'walked' behind her, to keep her safe of course.
Remember at the start of the arc, she also ran up a building several stories high out of frustration and Hayate let her go after trying to call her back from running.
Seems to me that he's recognizing her growth.
Twang?
That could also be a reason,
But then again, how would he know that by letting ojou-sama go, he can let her grow by herself?????
Old 2010-10-01, 12:10   Link #7169
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
That could also be a reason,
But then again, how would he know that by letting ojou-sama go, he can let her grow by herself?????
He's probably following closely enough (as a protector :P) so that he can comfort her when she runs out of 'fuel', and when she runs into Maria, he's assured that he doesn't have to intervene.
Maria is her 'mother/older-sister' figure, even if he is clueless about love, he can recognize that and know ojou-sama is in safe, comforting hands to grow by.

Old 2010-10-01, 12:32   Link #7170
madmac

Quote:
He's probably following closely enough (as a protector :P) so that he can comfort her when she runs out of 'fuel', and when she runs into Maria, he's assured that he doesn't have to intervene.
Maria is her 'mother/older-sister' figure, even if he is clueless about love, he can recognize that and know ojou-sama is in safe, comforting hands to grow by
In general, it's a good theory, but you should probably read the chapter first. Hayate was seriously panicked about losing sight of her. (Swearing, even.)

A better explanation is that he simply underestimated how fast she could run and didn't see any reason to go all ninja on her until it was too late.
Old 2010-10-01, 12:43   Link #7171
Used Can

I wonder how will Hata develop this arc. Nagi has several talents already and doing manga doesn't seem to be one of them. One of the paths Hata could go down is the "as long as you keep on trying you'll become good" which is what I believe he'll end up doing. There's another path, which in my opinion would be the best, which would involve Nagi realising she doesn't have to be the best at everything, that there are things which she can do really well (like finance) and things that are not really her forte (like manga), yet she can keep on doing manga for fun and for the people who like her works - i.e. Isumi and Ayumu.

Anyway, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that, compared to before, Ayumu has become slightly more relevant (or, at the very least, shows up more frequently)?
Old 2010-10-01, 13:01   Link #7172
ridgezipline

question: any ideas when athena's gonna be back ? thanks!
ridgezipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 13:34   Link #7173
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgezipline View Post
She's never coming back. )':

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 13:46   Link #7174
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Hayate was seriously panicked about losing sight of her. (Swearing, even.)

A better explanation is that he simply underestimated how fast she could run and didn't see any reason to go all ninja on her until it was too late.
*points to Nagi's 'date' with 'the normal guy'* Hayate knows when not to interfere, even if he seems clueless about most other things. It seems that he really is starting to notice Nagi maturing.

Twice this arc the guy who outraces a bullet train on a bike is outrun by someone who couldn't even run a few feet earlier?
Not likely. He's more likely doing it intentionally. Hata isn't the type of author who would ignore something like that.
Intention doesn't necessarily mean that he's not worried though

Spoiler:

Quote:
Anyway, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that, compared to before, Ayumu has become slightly more relevant (or, at the very least, shows up more frequently)?
She is gaining more significance to the story as a friend of the group Hayate hangs out with, but it's not doing much for her status of Unlucky Childhood Friend.

Quote:
Not for a long time, given the fanbase is pretty well shattered by her appearance. Plus the fact that she appears to like to manipulate things from the background and not appear unless she needs to.

Old 2010-10-01, 13:54   Link #7175
madmac

Quote:
Not until the current (mangaka) arc finishes, at the earliest. Barring some sort of weird reveal, the story just isn't about her in any way right now.
Old 2010-10-01, 14:02   Link #7176
Used Can

Quote:
She is gaining more significance to the story as a friend of the group Hayate hangs out with, but it's not doing much for her status of Unlucky Childhood Friend.
Ayumu is no childhood friend of Hayate, though. They didn't meet during their childhood, neither she is the girl next door, she doesn't behave like his self-proclaimed wife, and I don't think she shows any other of the typical traits of your stereotypical childhood friend either.

As for Athena coming back, I don't she'll be back any time soon - unless we have a popularity poll in the near future and she ranks high enough for Hata to consider reintroducing her again.
Old 2010-10-01, 20:48   Link #7177
Wolfnagi

Quote:
*points to Nagi's 'date' with 'the normal guy'* Hayate knows when not to interfere, even if he seems clueless about most other things. It seems that he really is starting to notice Nagi maturing.

Twice this arc the guy who outraces a bullet train on a bike is outrun by someone who couldn't even run a few feet earlier?
Not likely. He's more likely doing it intentionally. Hata isn't the type of author who would ignore something like that.
Intention doesn't necessarily mean that he's not worried though

Spoiler:

Well, Hata just pulled of one Fridge Logic right now,
As stated by you above, the example above is actually pretty obvious because it is shown that ojou-sama having fun (at the course of my rage >.>),
But this one is an emotional kind,
He just can't notice it the moment when he were chasing her,
It takes time for anybody even people like him, to realized an emotional wound....
Old 2010-10-02, 01:41   Link #7178
Used Can

Well, Ayumu realised that much from the very beginning. And, no matter how slow-witted Hayate may be, I'm sure he probably realised part of what afflicted Nagi.
Old 2010-10-02, 04:37   Link #7179
alviam099

Agreed

Quote:
As for Athena coming back, I don't she'll be back any time soon - unless we have a popularity poll in the near future and she ranks high enough for Hata to consider reintroducing her again.
Athena's back is already planned with the last chapter at Greece

Quote:
Maria is her 'mother/older-sister' figure, even if he is clueless about love, he can recognize that and know ojou-sama is in safe, comforting hands to grow by.
What if Hayate had thought about this ?? Would he think of Incest Just kidding though
alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 10:42   Link #7180
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
Athena's back is already planned with the last chapter at Greece
That was just Athena continuing to have a hand in the story, definitely not a promise that she was ever going to appear again. She could be 'firework girl''s (can't locate name >.<) mysterious employer and it could cover what was hinted at at the end of the Golden Week arc, but still isn't a reappearance.

Tags
comedy, shounen