AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-12-26, 11:26   Link #121
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Just recently, Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai made the list. Yeah, it's mostly a generic harem with a few twists thrown into them, but those little twists are enough to make me like them, despite being kind of stupid.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 18:22   Link #122
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Just recently, Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai made the list. Yeah, it's mostly a generic harem with a few twists thrown into them, but those little twists are enough to make me like them, despite being kind of stupid.
Harem is a genre where the little touches and twists make all the difference in the world. The premise of most of the genre's series is, let's face it, often inane and cliched, so you have to find other reasons to enjoy the shows eventually.

I also found Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai an enjoyable fare, despite a few bumps in the road. (Two annoying characters, mostly.) It had a nice balance of humor, pretty visuals and appealing sexuality, with a smidgen of drama thrown in here and there that actually didn't feel out of place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Well ... Cubed x Cursed x Curious is prolly my "guilty pleasure" of this season.
I watched that show exclusively for Tamura Yukari's portrayal of Fear. Does that even count as a guilty pleasure? I dunno. She carried the show and made it quite decent, while the actual fanservice didn't appeal to me in the slightest.

While I think I have quite a few guilty pleasures, the greatest one is probably Koihime Musou. I love that show to death. I don't really know what sets it apart from most other shows in the genre, but I just find it genuinely funny, and -dare I say it-; cleverly written. It helps that it's incredibly sexy, that's why it's a guilty pleasure, and it's also full of silly stuff that I probably couldn't legitimately defend, but I can't help but admit, I enjoy it a lot.
Old 2011-12-27, 02:22   Link #123
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Harem is a genre where the little touches and twists make all the difference in the world. The premise of most of the genre's series is, let's face it, often inane and cliched, so you have to find other reasons to enjoy the shows eventually.

I also found Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai an enjoyable fare, despite a few bumps in the road. (Two annoying characters, mostly.) It had a nice balance of humor, pretty visuals and appealing sexuality, with a smidgen of drama thrown in here and there that actually didn't feel out of place.
Yeah, but it didn't exactly do enough for me to consider it a really good series. If it had gone a bit further with its terrible people failing at social life concept, then maybe. While I get that the multiple swimsuit episodes are supposed to be parodies of the concept, it doesn't do it quite right (or at least not all the way), and I didn't get many laughs out of it as a result.

I like the series a lot, but it doesn't do enough different to truly be good. I'll talk about that more when the series' review topic comes.

Old 2012-01-03, 06:33   Link #124
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Rurouni Kenshin comes to my mind.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 06:51   Link #125
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ How come?
Old 2012-01-03, 07:03   Link #126
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
^ How come?
I secretly liked this series, however it seems that many people don't like this series (besides Tsuioku-Hen maybe).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-01-15 at 13:33.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 17:39   Link #127
Suomi
Kaiba

yaoi...any kind of yaoi
Old 2012-01-05, 19:28   Link #128
Icehellion

Send a message via AIM to Icehellion
guilty pleasure of mine IS GLOWING RED, ITS LOUD ROAR COMPELS ME TO WATCH IT

seriously, the whole ending sequence made me go the first time i watched it
love confession -> naked chick flying -> cape into night gown -> twirly dance -> BURGER KING -> heart shaped hole -> EPILOGUE

hahhahha

SUIT UP !!
Icehellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 20:17   Link #129
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Angel Beats because I usually don't like series that is way too rushed but Angel Beats some how made me like it
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 20:39   Link #130
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Lucky Star is an anime that I can't help but want to watch over and over. It's humorous and as the manga says, it relaxes you in a way

One anime in particular though in The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzimiya. There's something about that anime that makes me want to sit at the end of my bed with the covers around me whilst a hot drink is in my hand as I watch the episodes I'm not sure why, I just find it comforting to watch, I guess since it was one of the first animes I had watched, it's always nice to go back to it.
Old 2012-01-06, 02:23   Link #131
Amorok
Ghostbuster

Heh, probably Inuyasha. It's just SO goddamn long, but I feel compelled to watch the entire thing because I love the characters so much xD
Old 2012-01-06, 02:52   Link #132
all_flying

excuse me, what is "guilty pleasure" means? :3
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 11:53   Link #133
Chanbara

I thought Highschool of the Dead was dumb, tasteless, exploitative and lots of other negative adjectives. But I couldn't ignore the fact that it's the only series I've ever seen that brings together my twin loves of anime and zombies, and I watched the whole series, despite finding it kinda lamentably moronic.
Chanbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 16:16   Link #134
Cyclones

Pretty much any cheesy sappy romance. I will only watch one every once in awhile, but I watch them because they make me feel happy on the inside....
Cyclones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 16:26   Link #135
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

For me, it's YuruYuri all the way. Basically, it's Lucky Star with yuri suggestion, and thus becomes a little of a guilty pleasure to watch.
Old 2012-01-06, 17:29   Link #136
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Ah, that'd be series like Lucky Star, Minami-ke, K-On, etc.. I don't know, but there's something about these slow-paced, careless, heartwarming series that makes me... :3
I'd never tell any of my friends unless I was absolutely sure they love that stuff too. Wouldn't want to show our soft side too often now, would we?

...oh, and cats. God, those lil furballs are too cute for my health. Remember Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh? Yeah...
Old 2012-01-08, 21:43   Link #137
Ami-chan
Raging Ami-chan Fanboy

Definitely Kampfer. It is so bad...yet sooo good xD Others would probably end being shows like MSLN, Yuru Yuri, and the likes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_flying View Post
excuse me, what is "guilty pleasure" means? :3
Guilty pleasure is something you feel "guilty" about for liking. Something you probably shouldn't enjoy and don't plan on telling anyone in the entire world that you enjoy it.

Edit: Oh yeah! Can't forget Queen's Blade :P Airi~

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/mrjasonpark/Sigs%20and%20Avys/Momo-01-1.jpg
Ami-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 22:24   Link #138
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Strike Witches...

And I'm collecting the Alter figures as they're released! :3

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 23:50   Link #139
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I guess Angel Beats too, as I know it's a messy and rushed series that didn't exactly fulfill its potential, but I still really like it.

Old 2012-01-10, 01:12   Link #140
all_flying

Currently enjoying Ano Natsu :3
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote