AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 101 43.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 62 26.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 18.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 7.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.29%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-11, 09:04   Link #461
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Developper of Nerve Gear and Sword Art Online MMO = Anonymous. He just wanted maximum RAEG and lulz out of 10000 families.
Old 2012-07-11, 09:07   Link #462
novalysis

Annonymous is a mass murderer? I mean, he killed more people than 9/11, and that's just the first episode!
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 09:44   Link #463
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Note that our Forum Rules forbid "forum games", so I removed a whole bunch of posts. Please don't post these sorts of things here, but you can go the Social Group instead if you want.
Old 2012-07-11, 12:31   Link #464
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So are you guys saying that that Akihiko guy is Anyonymous's true identity?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 12:46   Link #465
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That's drawing a pretty long bow, I would've thought.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 12:48   Link #466
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
No, really. But his modus operandi just paint him as one Anonymous, who have taken the next step for maximum rage. I mean, ffs, he handled the players a mirror to unveil everyone's real faces. If this is not what Anonymous would do, I don't know what else would be.
Old 2012-07-11, 13:03   Link #467
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Anyways, I'm correct in assuming that this is an action game right? Where character level takes a bit of a backseat to the player's skills? (as in, you can probably manually block/dodge most attacks)
Old 2012-07-11, 13:19   Link #468
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Anyways, I'm correct in assuming that this is an action game right? Where character level takes a bit of a backseat to the player's skills? (as in, you can probably manually block/dodge most attacks)
Yeah, pretty much. I'd classify it as an online A-RPG. A lot of MMOs are active time; so just calling it a MMO works, too.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 13:26   Link #469
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
i think on lower levels, but the higher the level the more skillful is required.
Old 2012-07-11, 13:38   Link #470
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah I'm just saying that Kirito or whatever his name is, could probably survive just fine in areas that are slightly above his level. Especially considering the fact that the amount of enemies is apparently finite, it seems to be the best move to make.
Old 2012-07-11, 13:40   Link #471
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
both reasosn are very similar, both involve a genious that created a game, both made something shady in the game, the difference is that one locked the characters directly and the other hided an IA that putted players into a coma
This is where I disagree. Whatever you may think of the practicality or feasibility of the 10k killer-helmets in SAO, at least it provided a logical explanation to how the players are held hostage in the game. In .hack, no explanation was ever given on how the AI managed to literally suck the soul/consciousness from various players who were playing the game via nothing more than mere VR/3D glasses and friggin game pads. It's as ridiculous of a notion as being sucked into Westeros while watching Game of Thrones on TV.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 13:45   Link #472
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think on lower levels, but the higher the level the more skillful is required.
I think the reverse is true. On the lower levels, you can get by spamming some elementary Sword Skill even if you don't move your avatar all that well. Hell, Kirito one-shot that wolf - as long as you can trigger the skill, you'll be fine, one on one. But against tougher opponents, you will need to dodge, and time your moves carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
No, really. But his modus operandi just paint him as one Anonymous, who have taken the next step for maximum rage. I mean, ffs, he handled the players a mirror to unveil everyone's real faces. If this is not what Anonymous would do, I don't know what else would be.
Anonymous would wait until after the first few marriages.

Misc:
- about the lack of details on what's happening outside: it's more immersive that way. The players are completely cut off. They can make guesses, the same as we can, but to them, Aincrad is their world. Why should we be better informed?
- another difficulty in progressing is that, even if you can overcome your fear of death, you need to find other guys who have, and that you can trust with your life to some degree. That's not going to be easy either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 13:59   Link #473
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Or just solo your way to victory!
Old 2012-07-11, 14:07   Link #474
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Or just solo your way to victory!
One of the things I've felt while playing MMO's is that solo play gets really tedious and boring at times xD

Still it seems that solo play in SAO would give one more flexibility.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 14:09   Link #475
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Also who cares about boring tediousness when your life is on the line?
Old 2012-07-11, 14:14   Link #476
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Also who cares about boring tediousness when your life is on the line?
I dunno, social instincts I guess. But I won't argue about it, I do solo play sometimes and it has it's fun moments too.

Although in terms of SAO, solo play is very risky. One wrong move and Mobs can kill you.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 14:18   Link #477
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah but if you DO team up with someone it has to be someone you work well with.
Old 2012-07-11, 19:44   Link #478
thewupk

There are risks in both sides. But assuming that this is setup like most MMO's then cooperation with others would be needed to clear levels. Most boss level type monsters can't be soloed at the level they were designed for. To progress one would have to team up with others. At least that's how I would look at it anyways.

First episode was enjoyable and I really like the plot considering I'm a big mmo fan myself.
thewupk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 19:47   Link #479
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
This is where I disagree. Whatever you may think of the practicality or feasibility of the 10k killer-helmets in SAO, at least it provided a logical explanation to how the players are held hostage in the game. In .hack, no explanation was ever given on how the AI managed to literally suck the soul/consciousness from various players who were playing the game via nothing more than mere VR/3D glasses and friggin game pads. It's as ridiculous of a notion as being sucked into Westeros while watching Game of Thrones on TV.
well i think to enjoy fiction in general you have to ignore certain plotholes, for example, why dont people use an EMP to dissable the nerve gear?, i cant argue if you prefer SAO setting, i actually cant judge yet, wich one i prefer, but if you rationalize any of the two stories both would be very unrealistic.
Old 2012-07-12, 03:08   Link #480
maelstormCaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well i think to enjoy fiction in general you have to ignore certain plotholes, for example, why dont people use an EMP to dissable the nerve gear?, i cant argue if you prefer SAO setting, i actually cant judge yet, wich one i prefer, but if you rationalize any of the two stories both would be very unrealistic.
I'm guessing it's like the Matrix? in that movie people who get unplugged before getting out is killed instantly.
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci-fi, shonen