AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Asatte no Houkou

Notices

Old 2006-10-10, 09:14   Link #61
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Oh well, there's a lot they can do with this, given how interesting the characters are. I just hope they don't trivialize the whole thing and go down the trite road of aiming for cheap laughs at the characters struggling to come to terms with meaningless hurdles of coping with their new bodies, ala a Rob Schneider film.
Perhaps Ive just never seen a Rob Schneider film, but I think it would be fairly interesting to actually see a realistic introspection into how people would deal with that situtation.

I mean, if its simply a plot device that is wholly ignored, and the characters start acting like they were always their new ages, then that would disappoint me.

I want to see how Karada and her older brother's relationship changes. She has been showing many signs of buracon which were previously okay, but would now be somewhat awkward.
I want to see how Tsumaki reacts to a Otona-Karada. Im curious why on earth Shouko wanted
to give up her hot adult self to become a kid again.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 09:18   Link #62
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
definetly caught my attention i read about it in the Sep issue of Newtype.
Same here. Seems that's becoming the place to get some info. on a new show if you don't hear about it off hand or choose to watch a title by chance. Haven't checked it out yet but will soon as I finish DL'ding it. It seems like a very interesting premise. Every now and then you find that you need to see a show that takes different twists.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 09:30   Link #63
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
~ Im curious why on earth Shouko wanted to give up her hot adult self to become a kid again.
She made a wish to restart her life all over again. It was granted quite literally.
Old 2006-10-10, 11:42   Link #64
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
It felt a good slow-paced drama. I knew nothing about this when I took it so ending came as out of the blue although they were slightly hinting it and Lunar gave a obvious hint with that picture. I was thinking in middle of episode that I'd love to continue to follow it, so now I'm just hoping that they keep drama with it and bad jokes away as it looked at very well planned and directed.

So they took stranger maybe overused route to go. I'm slightly disappointed, but now need changed to desire to see next episode with hopeful but restless feeling. My imagine isn't enough to foresee how and where plot is going now so that plot won't feel forced and characters behave as naturally as it's possible. (As I could tell how they should behave. )

So we'll just have to wait and see.

Spoiler for Off topic:

Last edited by Anacone; 2006-10-10 at 11:59. Reason: Adding useless talk
Anacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 11:48   Link #65
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
She made a wish to restart her life all over again. It was granted quite literally.
Well, not that literary. She could have ended up as a newborn baby.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 13:16   Link #66
katsumi
ghostly member

Wow! The ending of the first episode was unexpected and left me like wth
I had only seen some screens of it before and did know nothing about the story, so I was curious what it was about.

Overall I kinda liked the story and the animation , only my expectations were a little different for this one...

But still, it's intrigueing how they will develop the story now, so I guess I'll keep watching and see how it turns out.

The designs and animations definitely draw me to it, those pastell-like sceneries are just beautiful .

Sorry if this has been asked before, I might have missed it, but how old is Karada supposed to be? I understood that she seems to look younger than she is and she will be middle school, but it seems I've been away from school too long, because I suck at guessing her age
katsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 13:42   Link #67
monir
cho~ kakkoii

If the 5-year-old is the average Japanese age for starting school then I would guess that she is between 10-12 years old? Of course, a manga reader may have a better answer.

I just wanted to thank the Lunar for picking this series up!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 15:49   Link #68
Woland
Latin Rascal

What a pleasant surprise from J.C. Staff

Awesome first episode, with the best direction I've seen so far in this season.

Some freebies from first episode, if someone is interested.

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 16:32   Link #69
providence
!!!

This show came outa nowhere. I got a zettai shounen + kiminozo vibe from it. Probably the best ep1 of the season so far.
providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 17:09   Link #70
Theowne
耳をすませば

I'm going to agree.....this is the only show that I'm not forcing myself to continue this season, I'm donig it willingly. I actually want to know what happens.

For most of the 1st ep I thought, slow paced, character-based drama, which I like. The twist at the end could either be good or bad depending on how they continue. But they've picqued my interest. I like it. Oh, and excellent bgm during the final scene, reminds me of Thomas Newman (my favourite film composer). Looking forward to 13 (26?) episodes worth of discussions in this thread

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 17:11   Link #71
musouka

I liked it a lot, but the character designs were such that I had to keep reminding myself it probably wasn't going to go anywhere creepy. There's a lot of potential for good or bad in this. I'll keep watching.
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 17:18   Link #72
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
...Looking forward to 13 (26?) episodes worth of discussions in this thread....
Unfortunately, MoonPhase says 12 episodes. I've put that info in the "fall anime calendar" in my sig.

I am totally sold on episode 1, but the twist is such an important feature that the success of the following episodes will depend on how it is handled, and everything could fall apart. Episode one sure gives me faith in the staff, though.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-10 at 17:39.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 17:59   Link #73
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I think the series is in good hands because I liked how Katsushi Sakurabi handled Shingetsutan Tsukihime ... as for the studio I generally like JC Staff because of their anime like Honey and Clover as well as the anime mentioned above. And I can honestly share the comments of some other posters here: this has been the only show of the season where I haven't been forced to watch the second episode: this is one show I'm definitely following. Despite the WOW factor Death Note brought me, I didn't even dream about that show ... I did with this one. What would happen next? I'm quite curious ... and I definitely hope for a happy ending. ^^
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 18:29   Link #74
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
exactly what i thought people should learn how to phrase their wishes better. I think the reason why im so attracted to this premise is the older brother. He very mysterious already and left his g/f without saying anything. I really want to know the backstory between those 2. Now heres the big question

What the hell do you do when your hot ex because a little girl and your little cute sister becomes a smokin adult? I sware if the brother starts having feelings for his sister just because she got older. Im going to start fueling my ICBM now i didnt get a chance to use it on Strawberry Panic LOL. Seriously Asatte came out of now where i didnt expect it to catch my attention as much as it did. Its nice to have a slow place light hearted show to watch

Has anyone read the manga?

And does anyone know who Shoko's seiyuu is? I love her voice.
Old 2006-10-10, 19:19   Link #75
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I think the series is in good hands because I liked how Katsushi Sakurabi handled Shingetsutan Tsukihime ...
Eeep! Frankly, this worries me a bit probably because I didn't think much of Tsukihime. Tsukihime started out pretty good in the first two episodes (but not as good as the first episode of Asatte no Houkou), but I thought it degraded into mediocrity pretty quickly (the criticism might sound unreasonable since I'm aware of that you are a big fan of Tsukihime, but that's my general impression of the show ). This director was also involved with Melody of Oblivion, another show which also started out good and turned bad quickly (feel free to watch it if you are in the mood for some self inflicted torture, that is, if you haven't already. ) On a positive note, he was also involved with Gunparade March which I thought was a pretty good series overall. Plus, J.C.Staff's involvement as the production company has me optimistic about the overall animation of the show through out the series.

I suppose, at this point, we shall just have to wait and see. Hopefully, my worries will prove to be unfounded.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 20:29   Link #76
i0td

I really love how this series has kept everything so realistic. We have this one transformation of course, but here's hoping that there won't be anything else too abrupt that will break the gentle flow of the story. A drama like this really cannot be rushed. Good old fashioned storytelling that will shed some light on the following is what I really hope for from this series: how this wish-come-true will affect life; overcoming those everyday obstacles one (or a few) at a time; character reactions and interaction; and most importantly, watching the characters evolve, learn new perspectives, and become much more mature persons (and I don't mean how Karada has matured so lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I suppose, at this point, we shall just have to wait and see. Hopefully, my worries will prove to be unfounded.
Same worries, same hopes. This series has really started out much too beautifully. Pleae keep it up.
i0td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 21:56   Link #77
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Regarding the language between the two siblings...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was surprised by the politeness between the two. I wonder if it's normal for a brother to call his little sister with the "-san" suffix? Perhaps only in certain sitiuations, like, if they're related from one parent side or not related at all or something. :O

Also, I wonder how old is Karada? She and Amino are in the same grade or just same school?
I confess to being a bit puzzled by this, too. Are Karada and Amino the same age? Because it seems like he's, er... into her... But he also looks about 5 years older which would make this, shall we say, edgy?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 21:58   Link #78
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
And does anyone know who Shoko's seiyuu is? I love her voice.
According to ANN, her seiyuu is Shizuka Itou.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6547 (seiyuu's for the show)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=17353 (list of characters Shizuka Itou has voiced)
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 22:00   Link #79
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Regarding the brother having romantic feelings for his sister, I doubt this is going to happen because of the so-called Westermarck effect that was used in Koi Kaze and is socially and historically proven. It states that siblings growing up with one another desensitize themselves from getting sexually interested in each other. From what I've read (and remembered), historical proof of this were found in the Israeli kibbutz of the 1950s where children who were in a close-knit community lived as siblings, and as a result didn't have any romantic interest in one another despite not being true ones.

This was what Koi Kaze utilized: the separation of genetic siblings from one another in their early childhood will probably have an effect in them being sexually interested in one another at the onset of their adulthood. I'm no psychology major, and I only know the general details, but I doubt that Hiro will be interested in Karada despite her more mature (and sizzling hot) look. But this is an anime, so anything can be expected ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 22:13   Link #80
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I do get the Zettai Shounen thing happening a little bit - and that's a good thing. A nice juxtoposition of the magical and the mundane.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, slice of life, supernatural