AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 1 2.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 26.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 11.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 4.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-02, 14:51   Link #101
Snowman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Blah! rep for actually remembering that much about a character that no one cares about. Well maybe it's just me not paying attention to loli characters. I bet Shiroth would of remember everything in fine detail.
I remember her the most because she's one of THE strongest shocktroopers in the game. she's uber strong, stronger then most of the others by a long shot. I took out 5 Imperials in 1 gun burst with her once.

But in the anime, she's given near zero screen time and when she speaks it's nothing really, just childish talk...for a child. And they haven't shown her fighting or shooting her gun yet *shrugs* so if I only knew Aisha through the anime, yeah I wouldn't care about her.

but she's always on my team in the game cuz she can pwn anyone
Old 2009-09-02, 15:18   Link #102
KariOhki

Quote:
Blah! rep for actually remembering that much about a character that no one cares about. Well maybe it's just me not paying attention to loli characters. I bet Shiroth would of remember everything in fine detail.
I remember her from whatever episode preview she did (it was with Marina and Hans, I remember that much) and then read a bit about her on a forum for the game. Plus I'm better at remembering female characters, it took me forever to get the names of the guys in the squad XD
Old 2009-09-02, 15:22   Link #103
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Aisha is an oddity. Usually conscription doesn't start at such a young age in Gallia.
Note though that Squad 7 feels young because they only added young characters in the anime. There are actually quite a lot of older crabs that can be recruited originally.
Spoiler for Aisha Neumann's biography:

Meh, staple loli of every Japanese media.

Snowman, That's thanks to the Ultimate Damage potential (which tbh is kinda Aisha's only redeeming quality); the much underrated Hannes and Alex have it too. Give her the Ruhm so she doesn't go Panicky all the time and benefits from her good accuracy and ult dmg.
Rosie, Vyse, Jane and Lynn are still all-round better shocktroopers.
Old 2009-09-02, 15:33   Link #104
Snowman24

Yeah...but I have a no guys for my team rule, females only, played through the game twice with only female members and they seem to have more stronger characters then the guys. my 2 lancers are the hardest hitters in the game Audrey and Elysse.

And since Aisha is the only girl shocktrooper who has the ultimate damage potential, I use her most. Next would be Wendy cuz she's too darn cool, snickering all the time.

sorry for the off topic.

My thoughts on the anime: Was alright, could of been better, nothing really happened here. And I'm forgetting at times that this is an anime about war, cuz the fighting scenes are so short and not very detail. Basically: run in, scream, shoot, win.

Last edited by Snowman24; 2009-09-02 at 15:58.
Old 2009-09-02, 15:56   Link #105
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Omg this episode was wtf .

Well obviously this general bastard want to use Alicia as a weapon .
What a coincidence , Selvaria and Alicia already met when they were little .How typical .
Seems the empire got a more powerful tank than the Baromys .

Lol look at faldio's face and voice ." What should i have done?"
And they are good friends the others .... "Alicia's scary" then go die .

Well , don't worry , i can feel that it'll be alright next episode or 2 episodes .
We are near the end after all .
Old 2009-09-02, 16:42   Link #106
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
As mentioned before, as gratifying as it might have felt, Welkin is not the kind of man to punch a tied up Faldio. Now if only he had been free of his movements...
It's quite annoying how that scene was coming across. Making it sound like Faldio has none nothing wrong at all.

I can't wait to see the Marmota in action. Should be some sweet eye-candy. Speaking of eye-candy, hello Selvaria shower scene. Hello indeed.
Old 2009-09-02, 16:53   Link #107
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It seems pretty fake to me how all these squad members that never gets any screen time jumps in and gangs up on Alicia.

^
Who's that girl!!?
That was so random when she said that, it actually made me laugh.
Old 2009-09-02, 17:15   Link #108
Sassarai
Army of One

lol nothing brings out my hatred more than a loli who gets no screen time at all during the entire series saying Alicia is scary in lynch mob fashion!

Edy cracks me up in the preview for the next ep.

Edy: *bite* *bite* "Taste like chicken"
Old 2009-09-02, 19:56   Link #109
Snowman24

I guess this far in we won't get to see Homer or Karl as Engineers as they're supposed to be...took them long enough before to get the characters to use the right weapons.

shame, would of been interesting to see them do the duties of Engineers
Old 2009-09-02, 19:57   Link #110
Illieas

Dissenting opinion

BEST EPISODE OF THE ANIME

I know some will call this blasphemy but I have to say this episode is better than the game version by a lot.

Spoiler for game vs. anime comparision:

I really wonder what people problem with this episode was or is it just cool to join in on the hate train?
Old 2009-09-02, 20:51   Link #111
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illieas View Post

I know some will call this blasphemy but I have to say this episode is better than the game version by a lot.

I really wonder what people problem with this episode was or is it just cool to join in on the hate train?
I'm sorry but Squad 7's portrayal of how they viewed Alicia in this episode was pure 100% un-adultured bullshit. There was absolutely NOTHING realistic about how they viewed her this episode. These are soldiers for crying outloud. Soldiers who have fought together for over a dozen battles(though in the anime maybe 1 battle worth for all we've been shown). Okay if you're in middle/high school, I could see how everyone would be afraid of her. But Squad 7 had bonds like a family, as well as a squad.

Old 2009-09-02, 20:55   Link #112
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Well....if we're on that end then all the adults behaved like they should've in this episode with the younglings freaking out.

Though for the record Valkyurs were worshipped as Gods and Saviours. Heck it's their national pride.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-02, 21:09   Link #113
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

She is their goddess of battle, and I agree with that assessment.

On the other hand, they could put in some questions raised by the squad members, in a not-so-serious manner, just to show that yeah, it wasn't business as usual. Something along the lines of "Whoa, didn't see THAT one coming."
Old 2009-09-02, 21:15   Link #114
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illieas View Post

Alicia's transformation was hardly skipped over in the game as you claimed, makes me wonder if you even paid attention. Following her transformation and the complete thrashing of an Imperial stronghold, Welkin would later confront Faldio in an entire chapter. Before assaulting an Imperial fortress in the following chapter, Alicia also shared her fears with Welkin while pretending to be normal.

On the other hand, Platoon 7 is family. Everyone was concerned for Alicia, but never outright fearing her. Why should they? Additional moments dedicated to this piece of the plot would also gradually reveal themselves over the course of the game. It is very unlike this bullshit construct we saw in the anime, period.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-09-02, 21:18   Link #115
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Yes, the fear should be out. The squad largely trusted each other (excluding the haters, of course), especially on Alicia.
Old 2009-09-02, 21:57   Link #116
Illieas

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I'm sorry but Squad 7's portrayal of how they viewed Alicia in this episode was pure 100% un-adultured bullshit. There was absolutely NOTHING realistic about how they viewed her this episode. These are soldiers for crying outloud. Soldiers who have fought together for over a dozen battles(though in the anime maybe 1 battle worth for all we've been shown). Okay if you're in middle/high school, I could see how everyone would be afraid of her. But Squad 7 had bonds like a family, as well as a squad.

and large sums of pics unrelated to an argument.
really? she kill hundreds of soldiers in ease. it would not be weird for them to be uncertain that the alicia they know is not the same alicia that she is now. she was unresponsive and was very stoic and went on being very badass full murder mode. Do they know she isn't still in that state a unresponsive killing machine?
They haven't seen her since she went on a rampage. cause as seen in the episode after she faint she is placed in a bed away from the squad.

As you can see next episode they eventually get over their confusion and realize that they were stupid and want her back. It is like Saikano or even in Black lagoon when the kid decided to run away from his maid as she murdered people who were kidnapping him.
welkin stood firm that he wanted her back while alicia. alicia being the one want to separate cause how you like a monster blah blah.

if you think the dramas is too much. fine but it is miles ahead of the game. the game only had a passing comment about worshipping her and that was it. and next chapter she is a wielding a rifle going into battle.

Which do you think is the bigger plot hole nothing about it or some drama about it?
I have given reasoning why i think it is great episode as it was the first time it out did the game. dismissing my arguments out of hand using a smorgasbord of facepalm doesn't help your case and make you seem more immature.

Last edited by Illieas; 2009-09-02 at 22:29. Reason: grammer stuff
Old 2009-09-02, 22:02   Link #117
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

She's a Valkyria, on their side. First thing you remember in a war: Try not to be a victim of friendly fire. So, staying out of the way without going into hysteria is the more sensible portrayal. All too often, people forget that friendly fire exists. If she's a loose cannon, at least they have a chance of running away, since they already kept their distance.

This is a cynical view of war, but it's usually kill or be killed. When enemy soldiers are being vaporised, that means that they are not firing at you. I'm sure that members of Squad 7 want the darn war to end, and they can go back home in one piece. Better them than us.
Old 2009-09-02, 22:28   Link #118
Illieas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Alicia's transformation was hardly skipped over in the game as you claimed, makes me wonder if you even paid attention. Following her transformation and the complete thrashing of an Imperial stronghold, Welkin would later confront Faldio in an entire chapter. Before assaulting an Imperial fortress in the following chapter, Alicia also shared her fears with Welkin while pretending to be normal.

On the other hand, Platoon 7 is family. Everyone was concerned for Alicia, but never outright fearing her. Why should they? Additional moments dedicated to this piece of the plot would also gradually reveal themselves over the course of the game. It is very unlike this bullshit construct we saw in the anime, period.

- Tak
Spoiler for still disagree with more game spoilers:
Old 2009-09-02, 22:42   Link #119
Illieas

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
She's a Valkyria, on their side. First thing you remember in a war: Try not to be a victim of friendly fire. So, staying out of the way without going into hysteria is the more sensible portrayal. All too often, people forget that friendly fire exists. If she's a loose cannon, at least they have a chance of running away, since they already kept their distance.

This is a cynical view of war, but it's usually kill or be killed. When enemy soldiers are being vaporised, that means that they are not firing at you. I'm sure that members of Squad 7 want the darn war to end, and they can go back home in one piece. Better them than us.
having a person kill your enemies for you yes you would be happy go lucky. the problem is that does not mean the other squads won't act differently around you. i would think everyone would place out a happy grin and say yes we still accept you. but that doesn't mean there won't be whispers or glances or general alienation. there is a line between admiration and fear. the fact that her skill that everyone seems to love is a mass killing cannon i think it safe for some to fear her ability not in a we must kill her kinda way but a ....eeek deadly weapon stand back kinda way. we are lucky that the violence is PG. otherwise half shot up people and various gruesomeness of her attacks would probably make you reconsider talking to her.
Old 2009-09-02, 22:49   Link #120
golthin

I am amazed at how the people that have played the game are still surprised about how this anime really screwed the game characters. I guess it should have been obvious a long time ago that you shouldn't make comparisons between the two anymore.
Closed Thread