AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-05, 11:50   Link #481
Registered Member

Looks like Season 2 has already been confirmed.
Registered Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 11:59   Link #482
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Member View Post
Oh yes. Best news i've heard all day. This makes watching the first episode tomorrow all the more awesome.
Old 2010-10-05, 12:10   Link #483
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nice, I guess the dvd sales comment was for stuff beyond season 2. Hope it sells well.. manglobe deserve a cash cow and I'll definitely want to see more of this animated.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:13   Link #484
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Nice, I guess the dvd sales comment was for stuff beyond season 2.
They're probably already taking pre-orders.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:27   Link #485
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Expecting the series to be hugely popular might be a foregone conclusion.

I'm expecting a lot of things tomorrow. While I have no doubt of Kanae Ito's capacity to bring out Elsee's... uh... eccentricities, I still reserve some doubt of Shimono Hiro's ability to voice Keima and bring out his glorious "grandiosity". He can do Keima's nice guy modes just fine (Hiro, Agate, Jin, etc.), I'm not familiar with his capacity for Keima's mean streak disdain for the 3D world, though I assume that'smore of me not being familiar with anything but his nice guy roles.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:31   Link #486
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Honestly, if they were going for "standard male lead voice" they should have gone for Nobuhiko Okamoto, simply because he can actually play other roles.
Old 2010-10-05, 12:36   Link #487
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't know. I was expecting Fukuyama Jun to do it, or maybe even Ono Daisuke to a lesser extent.
Old 2010-10-05, 12:42   Link #488
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I can't agree more than I could only see Keima with Fukuyama, just because of the "so over the top" and "flashy" voice he can have.
Which brings a huge problem with Shimono, since this seiyuu is more "ground to earth" and doesn't really seem to have any role that is remotely close to Keima (the only other "possibility" I see for shimono is acting as a very grunty boy so huh).

We never know, but after reading the manga for so long with the voices in the head, I can't say my expectations with Shimono are sort of low
Old 2010-10-05, 12:47   Link #489
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well who knows maybe he can play Keima's Magnificent Capturing Mode to sheer glorious perfection, and this becomes his defining role in the same way Ledouche was Fukuyama's.
Old 2010-10-05, 13:09   Link #490
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Member View Post
... and they did not even wait to see how the first season's sales go
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:10   Link #491
Ezilled

The anime hasn't even started, yet we have a second season announcement. That was surprising as if the DVD/Blu-ray sales has been reassured in the first place and Wakaki Tamiki bestowed his agreement to Manglobe. A certainly good news to Kami Nomi fans out there such as myself.

Hooray for some delicious ramen.
Old 2010-10-05, 13:14   Link #492
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezilled View Post
The anime hasn't even started, yet we have a second season announcement. That was surprising as if the DVD/Blu-ray sales has been reassured in the first place and Wakaki Tamiki bestowed his agreement to Manglobe. A certainly good news to Kami Nomi fans out there such as myself.

Hooray for some delicious ramen.
Nah ... it's more like the plan was leaked, usually new seasons are planned before-hand, but not announced to boost sales (aka marketing) ... there is a lengthy counter-argument in HotD thread, though
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:23   Link #493
Ezilled

^ Please take a look at this. I believe it means that the pre-order sales or perhaps the ani-otaku eagerly wants to put it on their shelves. I didn't know leaks can be this blatant, and it may be the first time I've encountered this news. What about the HotD thread? I haven't browsed it, but I think S2 will be announced soon as the sales are just as good as Tatami Galaxy.

Wait a minute.. is there a confirmed number of episodes yet? It would break me apart if there's only 13 episodes prior to this season.
Old 2010-10-05, 13:33   Link #494
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I don't know. I was expecting Fukuyama Jun to do it, or maybe even Ono Daisuke to a lesser extent.
I originally was hoping for Fukuyama Jun to get the role just like the rest of the world, though after hearing Hiro Shimono in the past trailers and PV's, and i'm perfectly fine with him doing the job. He's a voice actor who's never failed me in the past, and i don't see that breaking anytime soon. :3
Old 2010-10-05, 13:34   Link #495
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezilled View Post
^ Please take a look at this. I believe it means that the pre-order sales or perhaps the ani-otaku eagerly wants to put it on their shelves. I didn't know leaks can be this blatant, and it may be the first time I've encountered this news. What about the HotD thread? I haven't browsed it, but I think S2 will be announced soon as the sales are just as good as Tatami Galaxy.

Wait a minute.. is there a confirmed number of episodes yet? It would break me apart if there's only 13 episodes prior to this season.
The manga is only a 50 thousand opening week seller, it's not that big.. it would be near the bottom of the pile in WSJ for instance.. behind even Psyren let alone Medaka Box, Sket Dance, Kuroko and Beezlebub.

DVD's aren't even listed as far as I know, see nothing on amazon jp rankings either. The guy from manglobe just said it to try and get more buys.. if it sold something like say 8k for the first volume than they announced sequel @ the end of episode 13 or 12 than it would've made the fans think "we did it!".

As for HotD sales were good.. better than Tatami Galaxy... (Hotd is @ 7.3k after 1 week, TG finished @ 7k for vol 1) don't expect a second season announcement soon due to lack of source matieral.. even if they made most of it anime original that's still a lot of planning time compared to adapting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Nah ... it's more like the plan was leaked, usually new seasons are planned before-hand, but not announced to boost sales (aka marketing) ... there is a lengthy counter-argument in HotD thread, though
Eh.. this is obviously a 2 season cour show broken into 2 separate one cour seasons.. I really don't see how any of the sales arguments in the HotD thread even apply to this.

Sales will matter for a 3rd season period Manglobe's made too many sales failures to invest in this again if it's not worthwhile... and if sells really badly.. who knows they might even Mitsudomoe it and cut the episodes down in the second season.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-10-05 at 13:55.
Old 2010-10-05, 13:35   Link #496
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
maybe even Ono Daisuke to a lesser extent.
What. Ono either plays bishounens or big gruff manly men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I can't agree more than I could only see Keima with Fukuyama, just because of the "so over the top" and "flashy" voice he can have.
I think this is something everyone can agree on. I have no idea why they didn't get Fukuyama when the role appears designed with him in mind.
Old 2010-10-05, 13:37   Link #497
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
What. Ono either plays bishounens or big gruff manly men.
Not true at all. Ono has played a lot of 'good looking men' roles, with a very posh theme. Just look at Sebastian for example.
Old 2010-10-05, 13:40   Link #498
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Not true at all. Ono has played a lot of 'good looking men' roles, with a very posh theme. Just look at Sebastian for example.
Those are bishounen roles, bro. Nothing Ono's ever done is quite like Keima, but Jun Fukuyama's defining role this past decade was Lelouche, and...
Old 2010-10-05, 13:43   Link #499
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Those are bishounen roles, bro. Nothing Ono's ever done is quite like Keima, but Jun Fukuyama's defining role this past decade was Lelouche, and...
A role people were saying should've been given to Sakurai Takahiro (And Jun doing Suzaku) before the show aired If you looked at their history to that point Takahiro was much more suited to voice an anti hero...
Old 2010-10-05, 13:45   Link #500
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Those are bishounen roles, bro.
I just read your original post wrong. My apologies.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen