AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-01-03, 05:29   Link #241
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimaximal
apparantly the latches are identical
The G defensor is compatible with the V 2.0 MKII. My instruction booklet for my MKII v 2.0 specifically "recommends" it

For more info, dalong has it reviewed: http://211.233.38.221/dalong/mg/m86/m86_p2.htm

A word of advice for anyone considering a MKII v 2.0: if your up for posing your kit as much as you want to, I don't recommend this v 2.0. Mine, it got so bad to the point I had to heavily mod the inner part that swivels the leg joints, because it became too loose for enjoyment. Of course, after my mods, it was ok, except the problem now is the legs easily detach from the ball socket part

Bandai said the MG Nemo model kit will use lessons learned from customer feedback, so I'm interested to see that.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 06:26   Link #242
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

if it gets too loose do some super glue mod...
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 15:40   Link #243
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOtherGuy
Which size is that?
1/100 HG Strike Freedom.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 16:40   Link #244
Nesty

wow the MG MK v.2 has almost as good as the articulation as teh PG >_<
Nesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 16:41   Link #245
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I'll post a pic of my master grades when I find batteries for my Camera.

My mastergrades are

GP-01fb
RX-79[G]
RGM-79
And the baby of my collection, the Kaempfer

I also have an RX-78-2 Mastergrade in the mail, on its way to me.

Damnit, i wish I had batteries..

*editors note*

Models ain't painted...but they look nice anyways.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 17:13   Link #246
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn13
1/100 HG Strike Freedom.
Get the MG freedom. The porportions on the HG are just fucked up, just look at Dalong's site. It has a comparison that shows just how much better the MG's porportions are.
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 17:24   Link #247
strike66
Newtype level 3

best place i reccomend which most of you have mentioned is rainbowten. Just got my zeta gundam v2.0 and shipping took about a week with airmail . too bad shipping costed 2500 yen. Otherwise good deal. I'll take pictures when im done.
strike66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 18:48   Link #248
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
I'll post a pic of my master grades when I find batteries for my Camera.

My mastergrades are

GP-01fb
RX-79[G]
RGM-79
And the baby of my collection, the Kaempfer

I also have an RX-78-2 Mastergrade in the mail, on its way to me.

Damnit, i wish I had batteries..

*editors note*

Models ain't painted...but they look nice anyways.
Those sound like the ones from Amazon.
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 18:51   Link #249
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

I don't know if I should display my Tallgeese 3....

I mean, it's just.... so GRAY.... I mean, I suck at painting, the onlything I can really do is a little touch up here and their with a toothpick, not to mention that painting with white in general(spray or hand, it's all the same, with hand morso) just plain sucks....ugh..... I really don't want to waste it.
Old 2006-01-03, 19:13   Link #250
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafnir
Get the MG freedom. The porportions on the HG are just fucked up, just look at Dalong's site. It has a comparison that shows just how much better the MG's porportions are.
Yea thats what I thought, I actually didn't have a choice when I received the Strike Freedom cuz my dad helped me pick it up in HK and I assume he got me the S-Freedom because it was newer.
Old 2006-01-03, 19:15   Link #251
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

for me displaying snap-fit kits without painting is like showing up at the party in your pj.
In old days you had no choice but to paint as whole thing would come in single colour plastic unlike recent kits... also thy were rather horrible in terms of joint line - you often got the big gaps and other issues to deal with. Had to deal with all those before even you were thinking of painting...

anyway that's just mho
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 20:03   Link #252
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Meh. Doesn't matter anymore anyway. The joints are totally dead when I checked it 5 minutes ago. So, back into the basement with it. I don't even think it could stand like that anymore....(which is weird, considering that after I built it I never touched it.....). I guess 2 years can do alot of weathering to the joints....
Old 2006-01-03, 20:09   Link #253
portgas D ace

Quote:
I don't know if I should display my Tallgeese 3....

I mean, it's just.... so GRAY.... I mean, I suck at painting, the onlything I can really do is a little touch up here and their with a toothpick, not to mention that painting with white in general(spray or hand, it's all the same, with hand morso) just plain sucks....ugh..... I really don't want to waste it.

easy way: take a fine tip sharpie, now color over the lines and such... if you must get it white(like i did) take each individual peice off, take masking tape, cover the parts that you dont want to color, take that spray paint/paintbrush and paint it...

p.s. if you really suck with the brush find a SMALL one and practice on it. you might make mistakes so have something to erase with. as you get better and better get a bigger brush[though since im a fast learner i used the small for like 10 mins, got the bigger on and used it, thought it was too slow and got my spraypainter thingy (not the giant cans the airbrush things or whatever....)and painted it.... its awesome.... one of my "good" ones.... not the best]
portgas D ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 21:27   Link #254
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

For the record, are there any major problems with the Kämpfer MG 1/100 model kit, or the MG God Gundam?
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 21:53   Link #255
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOtherGuy
Those sound like the ones from Amazon.

Except the Kampfer, So?

Whats your point?
Old 2006-01-03, 22:16   Link #256
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Except the Kampfer, So?

Whats your point?
I think theotherguy meant....you were smart in getting your purchases there! Not only were the prices great (and still is), some might even be the American english release!

See, some people weren't able to capitulate on that one sale where the RGX-79 went for US $7.99 I believe. Some were $4.99.

By the way, I noticed when E-hobbies merged with amazon, they apparently brought their Gundams with them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura
For the record, are there any major problems with the Kämpfer MG 1/100 model kit, or the MG God Gundam?
Dalong shows something that is really wrong with Mr Kampfer, behind the legs, there is a set of boosters that totally inhibit poseability, other than that I think the Kampf isn't that bad....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 22:20   Link #257
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

The thumbs on the mastergrade Kampfer are also not the greatest.

The balljoint they rotate on is to big when the hand is assembled, and you could very easily twist the thumb off its balljoint if you don't pay attention.

but its not that big a deal if you are careful.

and to be fair, The kampfer was from amazon..I just didn't want to catch flak about buying the cheap models from amazon ^_^

EDIT

I don't have anything wrong with my kampfer's thrusters, every one of them are posable to a noticable degree.

HOWEVER

warning to anynoe who buys the GP-01fb model, there are ALOT OF PEOPLE reporting parts that are screwed up in the injection molding proccess. I myself had atleast 1 part messed up, thankfully it wasn't structual critical
Old 2006-01-04, 00:38   Link #258
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Quote:

warning to anyone who buys the GP-01fb model, there are ALOT OF PEOPLE reporting parts that are screwed up in the injection molding proccess. I myself had atleast 1 part messed up, thankfully it wasn't structual critical
Are there any specific parts messed up? Mine seemed to come out next to prefect...Out of the MGs I have, GP01FB seems to be the biggest(NT-1, RX-78, MKII, and G05).
Spoiler:

Last edited by Syn13; 2006-01-04 at 02:23.
Old 2006-01-04, 01:39   Link #259
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

I actually had to reorder my GP01's eyes from Bandai earlier (not the Fb type) because the eyes on mine were all screwed up and wouldn't sit flush with the rest of the head. Hopefully my Fb won't have any bad moldings.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 02:02   Link #260
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
I think theotherguy meant....you were smart in getting your purchases there! Not only were the prices great (and still is), some might even be the American english release!

See, some people weren't able to capitulate on that one sale where the RGX-79 went for US $7.99 I believe. Some were $4.99.

By the way, I noticed when E-hobbies merged with amazon, they apparently brought their Gundams with them too.

Dalong shows something that is really wrong with Mr Kampfer, behind the legs, there is a set of boosters that totally inhibit poseability, other than that I think the Kampf isn't that bad....
Because I got mine there too.
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy