AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-04-03, 11:52   Link #11001
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Dunno about Gajeel, can see the others though.
Old 2013-04-04, 18:05   Link #11002
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Okay, am I the only person who feels like things are headed towards a finale? Like, it's a long, long way off but:
Spoiler for Long explanation:

Mind you, all I know of the manga is where the anime stopped plus I read a summary on the most recent chapter. So if I'm wrong, someone please feel free to correct me on what and how. (Though hopefully don't be a jerk about it. >_<)
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 20:49   Link #11003
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
Okay, am I the only person who feels like things are headed towards a finale? Like, it's a long, long way off but:

Mind you, all I know of the manga is where the anime stopped plus I read a summary on the most recent chapter. So if I'm wrong, someone please feel free to correct me on what and how. (Though hopefully don't be a jerk about it. >_<)
What about the dark guild Tartaros, and the remnants of Grimoire Heart? Last I checked, Rustyrose and Kain Hikaru are still at large. In fact, I heard somewhere that Hiro Mashima has ideas for another three or four story arcs.

Plus, Hiro has a very chaotic writing style. He makes plot decisions as he goes along. If his story mapping for the Tenrou Island (or "Sirius Island", as Kodansha USA is calling it) arc is anything to go by, he was still trying to come up with a name for the mysterious black-haired man who kills everything around him before going, "Ah screw it, I'll just say he's Zeref."

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 05:48   Link #11004
ImperialFlameGod8190

new chapters out and IMO it was really really dumb
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 07:07   Link #11005
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

FL's team really like their cleavage shots. =\ lol
Old 2013-04-05, 07:32   Link #11006
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Spoiler for FT 326:
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 09:31   Link #11007
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Those eyes... something isn't right with Lucy. There's someone else at work here. I still think that Rouge is trying to become Ancologia 2.0...

Ah Lucy. You have a banging body, you really do. But... I got more excited from seeing Ultear again than from the cover page. ...nothing is wrong with me,...
Old 2013-04-05, 10:11   Link #11008
II Maestro

Lucy is somewhat weird like she been possess or something like that.
Old 2013-04-05, 10:16   Link #11009
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Lucy is somewhat weird like she been possess or something like that.
Lucy's either in a trance, hypnotized/mind controlled, or possessed. Most interesting theory I've seen thus far is that Mavis is possessing her.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 10:42   Link #11010
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
What about the dark guild Tartaros
No real information given about them so they could just as easily be forgotten.

Quote:
and the remnants of Grimoire Heart? Last I checked, Rustyrose and Kain Hikaru are still at large.
These are not the makings of a new arc. Grimoire Heart was largely wrecked, and the last time I saw Rustyrose and Kain they were cowering in front of Zeref, lucky to be alive.

Quote:
In fact, I heard somewhere that Hiro Mashima has ideas for another three or four story arcs.
If that's the case, then so be it. I like Fairy Tail. But "I heard" isn't a great basis to go off. You need sources, since people still think Bleach is going to go for another five years after the current arc.

Quote:
Plus, Hiro has a very chaotic writing style. He makes plot decisions as he goes along. If his story mapping for the Tenrou Island (or "Sirius Island", as Kodansha USA is calling it) arc is anything to go by, he was still trying to come up with a name for the mysterious black-haired man who kills everything around him before going, "Ah screw it, I'll just say he's Zeref."
Then the anime did a great job of covering it up, because it felt like it fit when I watched that arc.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:01   Link #11011
Excelion

Well Natsu finally lost a fight, though he obviously can't die or anything
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:11   Link #11012
mtgowns

Spoiler for 326:
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:33   Link #11013
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
Well Natsu finally lost a fight, though he obviously can't die or anything
Natsu has lost fights before.
Old 2013-04-05, 15:51   Link #11014
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I guess losses to Erza, Laxus, and Gildartz don't count since it's in house. But now, Rouge is gonna lose the next match.
Old 2013-04-05, 16:32   Link #11015
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Meredy saved this chapter.
To think Rogue who can't beat Natsu with handicap could beat him some time(?) later using only dual elements and without DF.
I wonder what Wendy's dual element will be...
Poison Sky Dragon?
Sky Flame Dragon?
Iron Sky Dragon?
Ohh the possibilities...
Personally, I want to see Holy Sky Dragon~ ♥
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 17:03   Link #11016
mtgowns

^ this got me thinking a bit for whatever reason:

is there any actual difference between white and light plus shadow and dark magic? F. Rogue says he controls light and dark, but his composition is actually shadow+white. Are they just different names for the same thing?
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 17:31   Link #11017
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
Meredy saved this chapter.
To think Rogue who can't beat Natsu with handicap could beat him some time(?) later using only dual elements and without DF.
I wonder what Wendy's dual element will be...
Poison Sky Dragon?
Sky Flame Dragon?
Iron Sky Dragon?
Ohh the possibilities...
Personally, I want to see Holy Sky Dragon~ ♥
Maybe it's not a normal dual element mode Rogoue might have been able to absorb Sting's White Dragon Lacrima using his powers making Rogue the first true dual element DS.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 18:27   Link #11018
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Just read the new chapter. I still haven't finish the last episode DAMN, another year to see my staple again!

Okay to the chapter, where is Rogue little cat? I wonder if he killed him or he died off first somewhere. The dual mode was impressive, Rogue kind of remind me of Jellal back at the beginning, except more detailed in his designs. To be fair, black/white looks crazy evil together on Rogue. Glad to see Ultear saving Natsu who apparently lost to Rogue, which is unexpected. If Rogue stayed to fight Ultear and Meredy, I believe Rogue would have the advantage or tie at best, because Meredy hack ability.

The story gotten better for me, when the tournament ended. More attention can be focus on a situation instead of being split up.

The DBZ similarity was funny.
Old 2013-04-05, 21:32   Link #11019
ranchan13

I'm calling it now
Future Rogue is actually Acnologia
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 00:19   Link #11020
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post

Mashima said it's not ending yet, and that he has at least 3 more arcs in mind:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKnight
This is the afterword of Volume 35 as written by Mashima:

This arc sure is long. Every arc that I drew ends in about three volumes. While I do plan my stories out very vaguely, I have been continuing to draw very long arcs recently. Still, I wonder if I should draw shorter stories after Grand Magic Game ends. I should also be more careful not to draw so many characters. When I counted how many characters there are in this arc, there were over 80 (TT^TT). It really wears me out every week drawing so many. While it's pretty much impossible for 80+ characters to show up all normal in one chapter, but seems like there will be even more characters added in around next volume or so. Just what's going on with this series....?

This arc originally started out as "it's a festival" kind of thing, with the story right now feeling like it’s a compilation of everything up to now. But because it's getting towards a major climax feeling, there has been lots of rumors like "Fairy Tail might be coming to an end". Fairy Tail is not coming to an end yet. While I know that it will end someday, there are at least three more arcs I want to do. Maybe they'll be around 15-20 volumes? Of course it can end earlier than that, and it might continue beyond that. I have yet to think about how I will end the series.

Anyways, this is the 35th volume. I have written it last time, but this volume matched the amount of volumes of my last major work. Starting from volume 36 will be a "new" territory for me. Please do continue to support my work from here on out.
At least one of them should cover Lumen Histoire.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen