AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-29, 08:04   Link #281
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
IKaioshin's theory about it being the loli effect is probably more accurate >.<
It doesn't need to be loli, (( though fans in general, are more forgiving towards the "flatter and shorter" ones... )) it just needs to be female. More so if attractive. Gender bias, so to speak.

Take a look at the Claymore thread for example. I'm willing to bet there'd be zero complaints on Raki if he was a "she" as in the typical "onee-sama loving loli" stereotype even if there was technically no difference to the story. But since he's male, he gets flak. Lots of it.

Still, Ayano isn't so bad. A little stupid, but more hotblooded and naive than downright idiotic. Stuff like that are for character development. You can't have development without flaws, even if some flaws are better off not being there.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 08:05   Link #282
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
There you go. That's actually probably what would have happened. Loli's are immune to critcism. Barring that, giving your characters a loli design like those in Kanon for example, will whitewash over any annoyances or character shortcomings they may have. It's tough being a female anime character who's older than 12 these days.

If you need any proof, look at a fairly similar character to Ayano in Shana. Shana is beloved by anime fan's, but not so much Ayano. Why? Well just look at her.
their personalities are a lot different ~ shana is the type of person who keeps a cool head and attitude towards fighting which ayano is the type to over estimate her abilities but still be as cocky as hell ~ ayano now is just being to big headed and loud which makes her annoying...we dont see shana doing that do we? we dont even see her complain as much as ayano ~ its not much of a matter that shana is loli or not but rather its just the personality types ~
i must say that shana isnt my favorite loli out there though i dont know the reason ~ im probably just strange :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 08:10   Link #283
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
If you need any proof, look at a fairly similar character to Ayano in Shana. Shana is beloved by anime fan's, but not so much Ayano. Why? Well just look at her.
Close, but not quite. In Shana, she's the one who knows a lot of things and therefore has to put up with Yuuji as he "tags" along, that and she serves as some sort of partner and instructor to Yuuji. In Kaze no Stigma, it's the other way around, as Kazuma's the one who has to put up with Ayano, given that he's the one who has trained himself over the years and has put himself through many experiences, whereas Ayano grew up sheltered and praised. Also, Ayano being intentionally annoying due to her selfishness would maximize the impact her character growth would have later on, if done correctly.
Old 2007-04-29, 08:58   Link #284
zalem

Quote:
There you go. That's actually probably what would have happened. Loli's are immune to critcism. Barring that, giving your characters a loli design like those in Kanon for example, will whitewash over any annoyances or character shortcomings they may have. It's tough being a female anime character who's older than 12 these days.

I'm just not fond of the loud and annoying character-type like Ayano. Never have been. But I'm hoping she does some growing up at least and becomes a little less annoying. Character growth is always possible.

Ahahahaha.....oh Lolis aren't immune from criticism from me at all. In fact, I dared to say something about a loli in the Code Geass community (Kaguya) and some person jumped all over me for it.

In fact, I prefer female characters over 12. Much over 12. Like in CG my favs are C.C., Rakshata, Kallen and Cornelia. Ok, now I'm going way OT....forgive me.
Old 2007-04-29, 09:17   Link #285
usagijen

With regards to Ayano... I also thought of her as a loud and annoying character at first. But when Kazuma came to her life (sorry for being cheesy :P), I've come to like her reactions towards Kazuma's comments and actions... and thus liked these fun exchange of remarks between Kazuma and Ayano... and since I am such a hopeless romantic, I wasn't quite able to resist the urge to flip through the novels, in search for MORE Kazuma x Ayano "moments"... and well, flipping and speed-reading was enough to make me see how much improvement happened to Ayano's character... (/me goes to defend Ayano! >=) )

Not sure if anyone else read my blog post (you should! or else you'll miss some spoiler I'll be mentioning there from time to time >D *LOL*)... but anyways, in one of my comment replies there, I mentioned a spoiler regarding Ayano in volume 3 (based from a colored pic I found at the beginning of the volume... and here goes... SPOILERs (beware...! though I highly encourage you to see it, coz it might make you love Kazuma and Ayano's pairing, like me >=) )

Spoiler:

and MORE spoiler (from volume 6) MAJOR SPOILER
Spoiler:

and well after all that, I can't help but say *awww* >o< (and now I've become a full-fledged Kaze no Stigma fangirl... >.>) Rather than comparing this with Shakugan no Shana (which I still haven't seen), I can't help but compare it with Fullmetal Panic's Chidori-Sousuke situation... With Kazuma and Ayano's relationship, it's as though I see a Chidori in Ayano, but with a much better "Sousuke" (in terms of expressing his feelings and such~ so <333 ^-^)

Ayano became much stronger as the story progressed, and I can see that she has matured... she's able to humbly accept that there are just some things she can't do, that are far beyond her control (of course Kazuma played a big part in making her realize this... ^^)

Much more things has happened in between these 'scenes' I posted, particularly encounters with other elementals... and such and such... hehehe... I think it'd be better to watch out (with all excitement) for the anime regarding this... hehe... so, till I (or other people) post more spoilers :P ja!

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-04-29 at 09:45.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 09:28   Link #286
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by klee123 View Post
Hey guys, is there a site where there are summaries of the light novels? Thanks
I don't know any sites yet as far as I know... though, I do plan to "follow" the novel hand in hand with the anime (and provide some tidbits and spoilers from time to time, in my blog or here in the forum ^^ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It doesn't need to be loli, (( though fans in general, are more forgiving towards the "flatter and shorter" ones... )) it just needs to be female. More so if attractive. Gender bias, so to speak.

Take a look at the Claymore thread for example. I'm willing to bet there'd be zero complaints on Raki if he was a "she" as in the typical "onee-sama loving loli" stereotype even if there was technically no difference to the story. But since he's male, he gets flak. Lots of it.

Still, Ayano isn't so bad. A little stupid, but more hotblooded and naive than downright idiotic. Stuff like that are for character development. You can't have development without flaws, even if some flaws are better off not being there.
I totally agree with Nightengale there regarding Ayano's annoying personality as a much room for character development... (I mean, just look at my previous post! LOL XDDD) It really can't be helped that she's so arrogant because of the environment she lived in (where she is treated like this 'ojousama', whose powers are highly praised by people, despite its flaws)
Old 2007-04-29, 09:54   Link #287
usagijen

and well, I don't think I've seen anyone else mentioning about the change of ending song in episode 3... (which *sigh* I've already mentioned in my blog post commentary... not sure if people read it *sniffs* )

anyways, I liked the new ending song a LOT~ catchy and upbeat! the kind of song that cheers you up ^-^ the ending sequence has also changed in connection to the change of the song... it's now "brighter", unlike its previous counterpart, where the scene shown of Kazuma lying on the grass is nighttime ^-^ and more importantly, no other than Ayano and her two friends sang it!!! hehe... I was surprised by the quality of their voice (because I'm not that familiar with these seiyuus >< )... great voice blending, I'd say~ =D

(ok... gonna stop blabbing... this entire Kaze no Stigma fangirl-ness of mine is taking control of me.. >.>;;;; )

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-04-29 at 10:06.
Old 2007-04-29, 10:38   Link #288
Susanou
.Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
and MORE spoiler (from volume 6) MAJOR SPOILER
Spoiler:
*Yay* for that one, Kazuma x Ayano ftw!

Quote:
and well, I don't think I've seen anyone else mentioning about the change of ending song in episode 3... (which *sigh* I've already mentioned in my blog post commentary... not sure if people read it *sniffs* )

(ok... gonna stop blabbing... this entire Kaze no Stigma fangirl-ness of mine is taking control of me.. >.>;;;; )
xD Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. I'm a Kaze no Stigma fanboy myself and I know how it feels :P Other then that, I read your blog posts regarding Kaze no Stigma, and seeing the length of the summary it takes quite some time to make that xP

Well nothing much to speculate about from my side, I haven't read the manga so can only assume what happens by looking at the scans floating around here
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 10:47   Link #289
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Don't worry, you're not alone. Like you probably already figured out from the blog comments, I'm obsessing way too much over this series. Must be a combination of Code Geass withdrawal symptoms and the next Berserk chapter delayed until end of June. Plus I've just read volume 15 of Eden and it was a major downer, so I need to get my mind off those things.

At the end of the day, there aren't always rational reasons for liking a series - I loved the whole FMP franchise to death also, even though it's not the greatest anime of all time by any stretch of the imagination. Well, that's why I'm unreasonably spoiler-hungry as far as KnS is concerned. I'm a bad kid And you're having way too much fun teasing us by withholding crucial information :P

Spoiler:

As for Shana... I watched it because of this series, but they are nothing alike. The protagonist is a girl with a sword and controls flames, but the similarities end there. It's still an interesting series though, even if it appears to be a bit slow in character development compared to KnS. Well, that and the male lead is pretty much useless.

@Susanou: I don't think there is a manga. Not yet. It's based on a set of light novels. But a manga is supposedly already in production, so hopefully we'll see that soon, too.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 10:58   Link #290
Hydex

Quote:
Spoiler:

Why did they have to make her hair pink in the anime, sigh
Here she looks normal, in the anime, she looks like a 12 y.o. (exagerating a bit, but still...)
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 10:59   Link #291
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanou View Post
*Yay* for that one, Kazuma x Ayano ftw!

xD Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. I'm a Kaze no Stigma fanboy myself and I know how it feels :P Other then that, I read your blog posts regarding Kaze no Stigma, and seeing the length of the summary it takes quite some time to make that xP

Well nothing much to speculate about from my side, I haven't read the manga so can only assume what happens by looking at the scans floating around here
heh.. yeah, I know just how long that "summary" is... so if you get intimated by the length, you can just scroll down and read my commentary... LOL XDDDD

and well, I don't want to read the entire novels yet in its entirety... coz it'll [somewhat] ruin the anticipation and hunger I have to watch and follow the anime every week~ >=D and to also make room for more speculations ;D

like about that mysterious girl in Kazuma's past... I still haven't 'searched' about it in the novels... *though there's an urge* but no... not... yet... must resist... XDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
At the end of the day, there aren't always rational reasons for liking a series - I loved the whole FMP franchise to death also, even though it's not the greatest anime of all time by any stretch of the imagination. Well, that's why I'm unreasonably spoiler-hungry as far as KnS is concerned. I'm a bad kid And you're having way too much fun teasing us by withholding crucial information :P

Spoiler:
hehe... yes. I'm indeed such a tease, for keeping some other spoilers from you guys XDD but that's for the better~ that way, there'll be more speculations and all~ (though I haven't really read the entire novels myself so there as still sooo many parts I skipped - I think it's because I still want to go on speculating about it myself... then just check if earlier assumptions and speculations match the 'real story') ^-^

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydex View Post
Why did they have to make her hair pink in the anime, sigh
Here she looks normal, in the anime, she looks like a 12 y.o. (exagerating a bit, but still...)
hehe... I believe they didn't mean for her hair to be 'pink' (or rather 'light red' or reddish pink... whatever... >.>;;; ). perhaps they intented to follow the 'color' of Ayano's hair in the anime, but it didn't seem quite right when translated into animation... then made slight changes (or they weren't able to find the right combination for her real hair color =P)

but oh well... that's a really minor thing... >.> Don't let the pink-ness get to you and turn you off from watching this anime!! >o<

(hurry to more Kaze no Stigma fangirls and fanboys... LOL ^-^)

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-04-29 at 11:24.
Old 2007-04-29, 11:13   Link #292
klee123

Quote:
I don't know any sites yet as far as I know... though, I do plan to "follow" the novel hand in hand with the anime (and provide some tidbits and spoilers from time to time, in my blog or here in the forum ^^ )
Thanks! Like lightbringer, I am extremely spoiler hungry regarding the story. Episodes 1-3 has got me hooked and waiting every every week makes it painful.
klee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 11:35   Link #293
Hydex

Quote:
hehe... I believe they didn't mean for her hair to be 'pink' (or rather 'light red' or reddish pink... whatever... >.>;;; ). perhaps they intented to follow the 'color' of Ayano's hair in the anime, but it didn't seem quite right when translated into animation... then made slight changes (or they weren't able to find the right combination for her real hair color =P)

but oh well... that's a really minor thing... >.> Don't let the pink-ness get to you and turn you off from watching this anime!! >o<
I wouldn't say that, but I instantly label anyone with pink hair as childish and immature in anime xD
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 12:05   Link #294
Susanou
.Enforcer

I wonder why people keep thinking of Shakugan no Shana when they hear about Kaze no Stigma. Of course, both female leads have a sword, can manipulate fire but it ends there like Lightbringer said. When I saw the preview back then I already knew this would be different of Shakugan. Personally, I'm hooked on KnS. It hurts to wait soo long for a new episode thus I have to keep watching the first 3 T_T

Sub still isn't out, I noticed they're really slow at subbing this anime. If you compare it to Sola who had a sub version the same day the RAW was aired roughly 5/6 hours after the RAW was aviable for download. Here it seems to take 5 days instead 0_o;;

For now I'll look forward more Manga pictures and other art
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 12:05   Link #295
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

I watched episodes 1 and 2.

It's an alright series so far. I probably just need more episodes to gage if this show is for me or not. I love the relationship between Kazuma and his father; they hate each other so much. =P

Either way, I might wait until this series finishes to continue viewing. (There are lots of other anime on my Spring watching list. )
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 12:11   Link #296
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanou View Post
Sub still isn't out, I noticed they're really slow at subbing this anime. If you compare it to Sola who had a sub version the same day the RAW was aired roughly 5/6 hours after the RAW was aviable for download. Here it seems to take 5 days instead 0_o;;

For now I'll look forward more Manga pictures and other art

Hey, don't complain about what you get for free - people are subbing during their spare time after all. Just because some shows get faster releases doesn't mean it is something to cry about
Old 2007-04-29, 12:22   Link #297
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post

Ahahahaha.....oh Lolis aren't immune from criticism from me at all. In fact, I dared to say something about a loli in the Code Geass community (Kaguya) and some person jumped all over me for it.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh........ bad move man, Bad Move.

Just be thankful you didn't say anything critical of Nunally or you wouldn't be here posting this message today. I just imagine her in her wheelchair thingy with an army of devoted followers surrounding her, commanding them like Lelouche by the end of the series. Considering the degree to which even the arrogant and self-concerned Lelouche seems to worship the ground she....er rolls on, I can only imagine how other's would think of her.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 12:29   Link #298
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wosho128 View Post
I love the relationship between Kazuma and his father; they hate each other so much. =P
I wonder. There are certainly a lot of bad feelings between the two of them but I''m not sure its just hate.
Spoiler for Kazuma and his Father:
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 12:39   Link #299
lightbringer
M9000

Kaguya is holy... we waited for so long for her to finally meet with Zero. Anyway, she's short, but she's definitely not loli. She should be around 15 to 17 herself.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 12:40   Link #300
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I wonder. There are certainly a lot of bad feelings between the two of them but I''m not sure its just hate.
Spoiler for Kazuma and his Father:
he sure is from what i can see imo what kazuma was hopin to achieve from defeating his father wasnt to take revenge but rather trying to gain acknowledgement from a man who he looks up to (ofc he wouldnt say that but guys are naturally stubbon :3)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen