Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-09, 09:35   Link #901
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
No...

I guess you're right after all...in the original creation Nasu did hint the difference between a Noble Phantasm and an artifact...
Still...before watching F/SN I would never believe any legendary weapon to act like a beam cannon...what's your imagination for an Excalibur before watching F/SN?
Well, I din't pay much attention to the legend of King Arthur, so I wouldn't know. But I did think of it as something of the sword of victory, with a blade that could cut through anything. So it being a beam cannon isn't that far-fetched.

Personally, if I had to have a Servant...I'd at least get Nanoha or Fate.

We can also say that the phantasmic influence not only depends on the beliefs that people have on the artifact of the hero that existed (to put it simply, but remember that Noble Phantasms aren't restricted to artifacts alone), but maybe the beliefs evolve and finalizes itself depending on how the people believe in it.

For example, the people believe in Excalibur as the sword of victory, and it wasaid to represent people's hopes and dreams - so, of its own accord (or maybe from the influenece of a divine being - possibly the grail?), the artifact that is known as Excalibur, King Arthur's sword of promised victory, becomes the Noble Phantasm Excalibur, with the power to cut through the darkness by...

...well, incinerating anything in its path...
Old 2006-06-09, 09:49   Link #902
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
The gods themselves. Or let us say they delayed their gift and waited for Gil to die a normal death.
Back then the gods wern't too keen on the idea that Gil could beat them down.
However alow me rephrase. Your 2/3 got 1/3 king. What human in there right mind is going to tell you no? Who is going to stop you, when you beat what the gods throw at you? Gil is an arrogant jerk the problem is that he can back all his arrogance up with no problem.
Reppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 10:42   Link #903
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppa
Back then the gods wern't too keen on the idea that Gil could beat them down.
However alow me rephrase. Your 2/3 got 1/3 king. What human in there right mind is going to tell you no? Who is going to stop you, when you beat what the gods throw at you? Gil is an arrogant jerk the problem is that he can back all his arrogance up with no problem.
So true. Actually, he's among the very rare heroes that directly defied the gods and won over them.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 14:41   Link #904
Reppa

Quote:
So true. Actually, he's among the very rare heroes that directly defied the gods and won over them.
Kind of makes it hard not to hate his guts.
Old 2006-06-09, 15:06   Link #905
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
It just makes me like him more
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 15:37   Link #906
Reppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
It just makes me like him more
Regular Book Gil = Inspiraing and likable

Fate/ Stay Night Gil = Prime Evil to the 5th power. Hated almost as bad as Cyclops for the X-men.
Old 2006-06-09, 16:17   Link #907
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Regular Book Gil = Inspiraing and likable

Fate/ Stay Night Gil = Prime Evil to the 5th power. Hated almost as bad as Cyclops for the X-men.
Well, I love Gilgamesh whether in the Epic or in the anime.

It's just that some of his traits are really exaggerated in the anime. He's just the pre-Enkidu Gilgamesh in the anime.

However, I'd like to remind everyone of his good nature. Even though he sounds like (and is somehow) a jerk, he remains a good person.
Old 2006-06-09, 16:21   Link #908
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Well, I love Gilgamesh whether in the Epic or in the anime.

It's just that some of his traits are really exaggerated in the anime. He's just the pre-Enkidu Gilgamesh in the anime.

However, I'd like to remind everyone of his good nature. Even though he sounds like (and is somehow) a jerk, he remains a good person.
i can believe that gil has a nice side to him...its like when some evil villian seem evil at first but have a good side to them due to their hidden agenda

i believe that gil is still a kid...he gets wht he wants...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 16:26   Link #909
Reppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
i can believe that gil has a nice side to him...its like when some evil villian seem evil at first but have a good side to them due to their hidden agenda

i believe that gil is still a kid...he gets wht he wants...

Hannibal Lector had a good side. Yet no one says anything about it.
Old 2006-06-09, 16:35   Link #910
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Hannibal Lector had a good side. Yet no one says anything about it.
sure he did he wanted to clear the world of hobos but couldnt find any at the time...but he still needed something to replace his hunger...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 16:47   Link #911
Reppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
sure he did he wanted to clear the world of hobos but couldnt find any at the time...but he still needed something to replace his hunger...
Just like berserker, Except with better culinary arts skills.
Old 2006-06-12, 06:35   Link #912
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Question: Why did the Einzberns trust Kiritsugu so much? And why didn't they go after him after his betrayal?
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 07:00   Link #913
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeayeah
Question: Why did the Einzberns trust Kiritsugu so much? And why didn't they go after him after his betrayal?
He was a great magus killer, even though his ability as a Master is only normal.

And they did go after him. That was why Ilya was so adamant about killing Shirou.

Here's something so hilarious I can't stop from laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuyuki wiki
油断王

A Servant with the titles of King of Vanity, King of Blundering, Gold Pika, ORESAMA/WARESAMA.
Gilgamesh, without mistake, the strongest of the Servants. If he only wasn't so damned careless and cocky.
Special skill is the "word of the King" - the ability to use a 1st person pronoun that is written as "ware" and said as "ore". Basically the "I'm the king of the world, foolish mongrels" kind of pronoun.
If Tohsaka makes stupid mistakes, this guy screws up just because of his vanity.
An asshole but everybody still loves him, just like they love Raymond.
Also popular among the kiddies and has golden fishing rods. Currently a gag character.
How true is this? XD

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2006-06-12 at 08:53.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 16:08   Link #914
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quite true actually... And I want to see the golden fishing rods!

But it's true Gilgamesh would be invincible if he wasn't so cocky and careless.
Old 2006-06-12, 16:27   Link #915
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
He was a great magus killer, even though his ability as a Master is only normal.

And they did go after him. That was why Ilya was so adamant about killing Shirou.
I guess Ilya felt personally betrayed. Or more like abandoned. Although I can't understand Ilya's feelings too well. She doesn't look like she wants to kill Shirou. Also, when she talks about her father, there is no hate in his words, only sorrow.

Anyway, being a great magus killer alone doesn't explain all the trust they put in him (fathering Illya, representing the family in the Grail War, giving him Avalon - which is such an invaluable artifact that I don't think the Einzberns would give him to anybody without a very good reason). Do you know anything else about Kiritsugu's backstory?

Quote:
Quite true actually... And I want to see the golden fishing rods!
I've seen the CG, but the scene itself looks so hilarious, I'd love to play it!

Spoiler for Lancer, Archer and Gil fishing:
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 16:53   Link #916
charlog
Gate of Babyl'Owned

Hmm do you mean that Ilya's father gave avalon to Kiritsugu ? Hmm Did shirou's father was the one who killed Rin's father and Ilya's father, I'm a bit confused about that given that we almost know nothing about him ...
charlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 16:54   Link #917
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
How true is this? XD
Errm... *looks at own avatar*>_>
Very accurate indeed.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 17:08   Link #918
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Haha look at all the shiny fishing rods Gil uses.
Why doesn't Archer trace a couple extra fishing rods?

Question!
You know how everyone knows or believes Archer=future Shirou?
What if...
Archer is a heroic spirit from another planet, who also happens to know tracing and looks like Shirou, is summoned by Rin due to inproper manners of summoning, has his memories meddled to make himself believe him to be Shirou, and teaches Shirou UBW in UBW believing they're the same person?

haha if anyone believe in this, they're nuts...
(Can't I find anyone in this forum as nuts as me?)
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 17:44   Link #919
charlog
Gate of Babyl'Owned

If I remember well, when I played the english trial version, we learn that maybe the reason why Rin failed her summon what because she summoned her servant one hour before ( 1 am instead of 2.. ). And til the end Rin'll think that it was the reason of her failure and why she didn't summon Saber, but would it be a good reason ? Or do you think that the jewel was the real reason of summoning Archer ?
charlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 18:01   Link #920
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Rin is good at making excuses for failure...apart from bad timing, she also blames the uselessness of her magical circle...
But the truth is: it's not Rin's fault. Servants are attracted by artifacts they own during their lifetime, and we all know that Shirou possess the jewel Rin gave him. (and he doesn't know it's Rin's even till the end)(correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Shirou finding that out anywhere) So, Archer, who was Shirou in his lifetime, was attracted by the jewel he possess during the Holy Grail War, which is in Rin's hands before the Holy Grail War.
And of course, Archer knows UBW, so he is Shirou from UBW, whom fell for Rin, so not only he's attracted by the jewel, but also attracted by Rin.(self speculation, not accurate at all)(who can not fall for a mature, smart and cool woman like Rin?)
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote