AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-07-03, 20:54   Link #261
Flame-X
Anti-fan

lol that first ep was just like the ep from the game version
Old 2007-07-03, 20:57   Link #262
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler:
Well, my interpretation of the staff comment is more like that they're going to steal from various paths to make sure all the characters get their chance to shine. That way every character has at least a chance to show up and play some sort of role (even if they wouldn't normally have appeared in the central game paths). That's par for the course for visual novel adaptations, really -- it's pretty hard to think of one that didn't go that route to some degree. I don't think that means they'll take parts from every route as, obviously, some are inherently counterdictory, and so on. It says every character, not every route.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 21:28   Link #263
Evi1d33d

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
... I would rather have a ending like KGNE or Suzuka
Spoiler for Suzuka:

Getting the raw right now, I hope a group will start to sub this soon.
Evi1d33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 21:45   Link #264
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Episode 1:
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 21:59   Link #265
UPR

Spoiler for Evi1d33d for the suzuka ending:
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 22:23   Link #266
relentlessflame

*Administrator

You know, if you guys are going to post Suzuka manga latest chapter spoilers in a School Days anime thread, you really should be more specific in your spoiler description. I, like most I imagine, would probably assume you meant the Suzuka anime, given the context. Now you've gone and spoiled the manga for me, which I'm buying in R1 since it's licensed -- thanks ever so much.
Old 2007-07-03, 22:30   Link #267
DanielSong39

Back to the topic on hand...

How do we request a separate section for School Days? It's obvious to me that it's going to be one of the most talked about shows in the Summer season.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 22:40   Link #268
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Back to the topic on hand...

How do we request a separate section for School Days? It's obvious to me that it's going to be one of the most talked about shows in the Summer season.
I think there is a thread for asking for subforums.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 22:44   Link #269
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
The mods have also suggested that the creation of sub-forums is a function of the popularity of the thread, and that requesting is usually meaningless since it's one of those "if it needs one, we'll know" sort of things. So, if it is indeed one of the most talked-about shows, it'll get its sub-forum, I'm sure.
Old 2007-07-04, 01:50   Link #270
patnam

Great, can't wait to see the Ep1......
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 02:35   Link #271
Kensuke

Watched the episode 1 raw, almost identical to the subbed episode that was ripped from the game, nothing special yet, so far so good (I got some Kimi ga Nozomu Eien vibes). Interesting to see how the story develops from here.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 03:55   Link #272
DwArD
mAnIaC

Just saw some ending spoilers over at wikipedia. I'm crossing my fingers hoping that we won't be getting any of those sadistic/bloody endings. I supposed I won't be watching this until the final episode has been aired.
Old 2007-07-04, 05:40   Link #273
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, my interpretation of the staff comment is more like that they're going to steal from various paths to make sure all the characters get their chance to shine.
Yeah i love the sound of that, though i just hope nothing becomes rushed because of it --- i'm thinking not, with the time they've had to think about this decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't think that means they'll take parts from every route as, obviously, some are inherently counterdictory, and so on. It says every character, not every route.
I know. :3

If they went the way of every route, this would be Higurashi the third.
Old 2007-07-04, 06:50   Link #274
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD View Post
Just saw some ending spoilers over at wikipedia. I'm crossing my fingers hoping that we won't be getting any of those sadistic/bloody endings. I supposed I won't be watching this until the final episode has been aired.
But that's the whole point of SC!!! The game would have never got the fame it has now if it wasn't for those endings.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 07:29   Link #275
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
But that's the whole point of SC!!! The game would have never got the fame it has now if it wasn't for those endings.
Don't know.. There has been many people who play the game for the bloody ending.. But the initial buyers did it for the character design and the fact that it's a fully animated visual novel...
Old 2007-07-04, 08:32   Link #276
wontaek

I like to make a note that the music in the first episode strongly hinted of negative things happening in future.
Old 2007-07-04, 10:18   Link #277
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Spoiler for episode 1:
Old 2007-07-04, 10:50   Link #278
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Gee, I've been following this thread for a while, and I must say.....I really have no idea whether I want to take this up. See, Sola has just ended, and I'm going to need something else of this genre to plug the hole in my heart.

Problem is.....not so much what I've heard about the "bloody" endings (although they're a minus factor here, that's true), but what I'm particularly concerned about is what I've heard of the male lead. Which is that he's one nasty piece of work.....I dunno, the real world is depressing enough without seeing the ugly side of it depicted in any form of media.

So, I'm leaning towards giving this one a skip, but before I do that, I suppose I'll ask for an opinion. Judging from my preferences, should I give this one a chance, or should I just skedaddle?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 11:18   Link #279
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Gee, I've been following this thread for a while, and I must say.....I really have no idea whether I want to take this up. See, Sola has just ended, and I'm going to need something else of this genre to plug the hole in my heart.

Problem is.....not so much what I've heard about the "bloody" endings (although they're a minus factor here, that's true), but what I'm particularly concerned about is what I've heard of the male lead. Which is that he's one nasty piece of work.....I dunno, the real world is depressing enough without seeing the ugly side of it depicted in any form of media.

So, I'm leaning towards giving this one a skip, but before I do that, I suppose I'll ask for an opinion. Judging from my preferences, should I give this one a chance, or should I just skedaddle?
Kinda depends of what direction the director will go. If he does the sweet romance route then the B*stard will be less of a b*stard and more like your standard generic male lead.

However if the director goes the bloody ending then no need to say more.
Old 2007-07-04, 11:33   Link #280
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
they say that the guy is as bad as the one from kimi nozomu...if you are easily depressed by that type of character then maybe it should be a skipp (shame though as a litte drama in life never hurt anyone...and i just love seeing bastards getting their just desserts and this one seems to be shaping up to be a nice little perv)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere