AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-06, 08:10   Link #21
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

This arises several temporary conclusions.

And let us revert it when Priscilla saw Teresa. Priscilla actually lied to us all, in a sense. Even I was fooled.

When she fought Teresa, this wasnīt about good or evil as Priscilla wanted to be. What I do believe, for now, is that Priscilla wanted Teresa dead because of Clare...Personally because of her.
Wait! and Calm your horses because I am not going kinky here. Not Yuri!

It does make sense. Why did Clare was spared? Because Prscilla didnīt saw little girls? Because she thought Clare was worthless to eat? Quite the contrary..I do love this mangaka plot twists.
Priscilla spared Clare the same way she spared Raki. Raki saved her from a "rock" and something cliked inside of her....Raki became a brother to her, thatīs why she clinged to him. Clare, at that time, was spared because to Priscilla, she saw Clare as a sister.
Priscilla saw Teresa as the Youma that killed her family, thatīs why she fought like a manic with false ideals of protecting Clare "Sister" from the Youma "Teresa" Thus, she mumbled Papa and Mama in the fight.

Personally, I wouldnīt be suprised that, after feasting in those villages she returned there to pick up Clare. She didnīt find the girl thus, she went to town to town eating and trying to find her "family"

Now, there is only one doubt...Was it only Clare and Raki? Or Priscilla sees brother and sister in all the boys and girls?....My guess is no. Otherwise Priscilla would have spared Ophelia`s brother...Logical explanation for ophelia survival probably revolves around her brother using his body as a decoy ...But I donīt know Since Priscilla mostly attacks when provoked.
Old 2007-09-06, 09:53   Link #22
Grey

Ahh, Rigald. I miss his awesomeness. But it was interesting to see Isley put forth a bit of effort and smash Priscilla around. I do wonder whether Isley could have taken Priscilla out if he'd been a bit more unrelenting in his strikes (instead of pausing all the time). It strikes me as entirely possible, since Priscilla was using her arms to block, and was surprised when one of Isley's strikes cut through them. If that strike had been aimed at her neck, it may have been decisive.
Old 2007-09-06, 10:14   Link #23
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Something that bothers me is where's Priscilla's claymore?

Last time we saw of it she was carrying it with her while taking flight to look for guts after killing Noel and Sophia, wounding Irene, and then leaving chibi Clare untouched.
Old 2007-09-06, 10:22   Link #24
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Last time we saw of it she was carrying it with her while taking flight to look for guts after killing Noel and Sophia, wounding Irene, and then leaving chibi Clare untouched.
She probably buried Teresa and used her own sword as a grave memento.
Old 2007-09-06, 10:33   Link #25
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
This arises several temporary conclusions.

And let us revert it when Priscilla saw Teresa. Priscilla actually lied to us all, in a sense. Even I was fooled.

When she fought Teresa, this wasnīt about good or evil as Priscilla wanted to be. What I do believe, for now, is that Priscilla wanted Teresa dead because of Clare...Personally because of her.
Wait! and Calm your horses because I am not going kinky here. Not Yuri!

It does make sense. Why did Clare was spared? Because Prscilla didnīt saw little girls? Because she thought Clare was worthless to eat? Quite the contrary..I do love this mangaka plot twists.
Priscilla spared Clare the same way she spared Raki. Raki saved her from a "rock" and something cliked inside of her....Raki became a brother to her, thatīs why she clinged to him. Clare, at that time, was spared because to Priscilla, she saw Clare as a sister.
Priscilla saw Teresa as the Youma that killed her family, thatīs why she fought like a manic with false ideals of protecting Clare "Sister" from the Youma "Teresa" Thus, she mumbled Papa and Mama in the fight.

Personally, I wouldnīt be suprised that, after feasting in those villages she returned there to pick up Clare. She didnīt find the girl thus, she went to town to town eating and trying to find her "family"

Now, there is only one doubt...Was it only Clare and Raki? Or Priscilla sees brother and sister in all the boys and girls?....My guess is no. Otherwise Priscilla would have spared Ophelia`s brother...Logical explanation for ophelia survival probably revolves around her brother using his body as a decoy ...But I donīt know Since Priscilla mostly attacks when provoked.
I dunno if she is that far in her psychosis. We don't really know what is her feeling for Raki, is it eros or family level.
Old 2007-09-06, 10:36   Link #26
Gooral
Banned

How do you rate this chapter in comparison to the other two ? For me it was better than the second but worse than the third. The only new thing we saw was depth of Priscilla's power, definitely overwhelms Isley in means of power but could have been killed nonetheless, she's still inexperienced in fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

She used it as a toothpick and after it bended and broke she threw it away ;]. Her arms were better weapons anyway.
Old 2007-09-06, 10:40   Link #27
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
ES 1 is boring because it just talks about how powerful Theresa is. ES 2 is more interesting and ES 3 is just expanding on the antagonist. So my vote ES 2 > ES 3 > ES 1.

(Runs away from gangs of Theresa fans in the forum)
Old 2007-09-06, 10:55   Link #28
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
ES 1 is boring because it just talks about how powerful Theresa is. ES 2 is more interesting and ES 3 is just expanding on the antagonist. So my vote ES 2 > ES 3 > ES 1.

(Runs away from gangs of Theresa fans in the forum)
You should be hanged!

Anyway, it seems that Priscilla can be easily decapitated if people only fought her with no hesitation.

This leads me to believe that unless Priscilla has a negative reaction to sensing Teresa's youki from Clare, then she has a decent chance of beating her when she gets more power-ups.
Old 2007-09-06, 10:56   Link #29
Child_of_Sierra

I always had the impression that Isley met Priscilla not long after she awakened but this chapter reminded me that his promise of taking Priscilla south would have been delayed several years (evidence by grown up Clare) to come to fruitation. I'm now thinking that the events of ES3 happened a few months (tops) before the northern campaign. (unless Isley found a way to keep Priscilla distracted for a very long time and even then he should not have a reason to wait)
Old 2007-09-06, 11:05   Link #30
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

he wait to plot an attack and gather a troops as many as possible. because the orgs somehow its hard to deal
Old 2007-09-06, 11:19   Link #31
Gooral
Banned

Huh ? ES2 is boring, the only new thing was information that Ophelia had a major role in Miria's friend awakening and Miria's sincere devotion to her friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
I always had the impression that Isley met Priscilla not long after she awakened but this chapter reminded me that his promise of taking Priscilla south would have been delayed several years (evidence by grown up Clare) to come to fruitation. I'm now thinking that the events of ES3 happened a few months (tops) before the northern campaign. (unless Isley found a way to keep Priscilla distracted for a very long time and even then he should not have a reason to wait)
That might be, but I still think several years have passed. The rampage she would made would bring attention of everyone, unless she went to secluded north. Also we see her relative less aggressive attitude and more childish look in comparison of what we see in this chapter. What's more I don't think Isley would risk sheltering Raki if he didn't know Priscilla well. Finally, what's 10 years for immortals ?
Old 2007-09-06, 11:22   Link #32
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I have a feeling if Priscilla had actually thought herself in real danger, she would have obliterated Isley, she allowed Noel and Sophia to injure her simply because she did not believe them to be threats, when they tried, she killed them. She finished Irene simply because Irene had attacked her as well.

I have a feeling anyone trying to go for a head shot would be in for a nasty suprise when Priscilla puts a hole in them.

Isley only did so well because Priscilla was basically allowing him to hurt her, and in a split second she could have returned the favor, and killed him at anytime.

As show, by Dauf's winks, unexpected head shots dont work so well on AB.

As for Priscilla's mental state, I have a feeling she does see her sister in every little girls he meets, and the reason she killed Ophelia's brother was simple, because he was not the right age.
Raki is however, and now that Raki is with her, if he grows older in her presence she might truley see him as her brother, growing up with her as he should be.

I also believe the Teresa chapter was kind of boring tbh, Teresa OMFGing a AB, even one of Rigaldo's power level, is no suprise at all.

Miria's chapter is my favorite for obvious reasons, but also allowed a good room of development for her character, and, to a much lesser extent, Ophelia.

Priscilla's chapter is a close second, it shines some solid light on Priscilla's mental state, AND has OMFG pwnage, and has 3 of our AB favorites
Old 2007-09-06, 11:24   Link #33
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
It was several months ago. Priscilla spent this years trying to find a family until she reached Easley Territory. Riful when meeting Clare for the first time also mentioned a brief time skip.
The ORDER knew what Prscilla was doing, no one has ever resquested her death because no one ever survived or offered enough Gold for the Kill and even after that. They would have to ponder if they could actually win...
Old 2007-09-06, 11:29   Link #34
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
It was several months ago. Priscilla spent this years trying to find a family until she reached Easley Territory. Riful when meeting Clare for the first time also mentioned a brief time skip.
The ORDER knew what Prscilla was doing, no one has ever resquested her death because no one ever survived or offered enough Gold for the Kill and even after that. They would have to ponder if they could actually win...
Define brief time. Isley - the oldest claymore, Riful - very old one, for them brief time could be 5-10 years. In the manga all that we know is that "all of a sudden a lone awakened being appeared in the North" breaking boring daily routine.
Old 2007-09-06, 11:36   Link #35
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Then, Easley territory must be enormous considering it takes 5 years maybe 10 of terrain search.
Old 2007-09-06, 11:40   Link #36
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Not really, he has underlings, a luxury that Riful doesn't have. ^_^ He just has everyone report to him. If something needs his personal attention, like Priscilla, then he goes.

And I'll get back to your post Defiled One on Priscilla. Priscilla is one of my fave topics for some strange reason.
Old 2007-09-06, 11:50   Link #37
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Then, Easley territory must be enormous considering it takes 5 years maybe 10 of terrain search.
And why do You assume that he would rush with finding her parents and going south ? He could explain to her that her parents are already dead (not likely), she could consider Isley as a father/guardian and forget about her parents (she didn't recall them in the manga if I remember correctly, in anime yes but in the manga?). The last thing that comes to my mind is that she's stupid and Isley is smart, he could drug her or persuade her that they would go tomorrow (for many years that is ), until he was ready to confront Riful without relying on Priscilla's strength.
Old 2007-09-06, 11:58   Link #38
Hamstadini
Raki/Claire fan

Quote:
Another possibility - the Organization didn't bother to kill Priscilla because she was killing everyone except for the girls, which means more Claymores. More than half of the Claymore contingent must have a grudge against the one-horned monster...

Wait a sec... if Teresa was killed before Priscilla awakened (or while, if you want to be technical about it), and Ophelia's brother was killed after, then that would mean Ophelia's impressment into the Organization was later than Claire's... and Miria rose in rank during Ophelia's time.

Claire must have spent a long time at the bottom of the barrel...
Old 2007-09-06, 12:03   Link #39
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamstadini View Post
Another possibility - the Organization didn't bother to kill Priscilla because she was killing everyone except for the girls, which means more Claymores. More than half of the Claymore contingent must have a grudge against the one-horned monster...

Wait a sec... if Teresa was killed before Priscilla awakened (or while, if you want to be technical about it), and Ophelia's brother was killed after, then that would mean Ophelia's impressment into the Organization was later than Claire's... and Miria rose in rank during Ophelia's time.

Claire must have spent a long time at the bottom of the barrel...
There wasnīt an exact time skip there...For all we know this could have happened 50 years ago since teresa died. Maybe 100...We donīt really know.
Old 2007-09-06, 12:12   Link #40
Hamstadini
Raki/Claire fan

Quote:
There wasnīt an exact time skip there...For all we know this could have happened 50 years ago since teresa died. Maybe 100...We donīt really know.
That's still a long time to be the lowest ranking Claymore.
Closed Thread