4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful like after a full cup of coffee and a traffic jam 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-07-19, 02:11   Link #41
Alchemist007
*Author

I'll remind you that those extra scenes vs the Kyuubi, namely the ones where Pein gets hit with objects and such, were add-ons (filler). Not to say Kishi's logic is always flawless, but this case obviously it was extremely mishandled just for the sake of "omfgkyuubifight."
Old 2010-07-19, 03:21   Link #42
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Or perhaps Pain was nearing the breaking point in this episode because of the beating he got in 167. Just saying. You don't reset your damage meter after each end of an episode, you know.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 04:40   Link #43
Apollian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Dunno bout the dialogue yet, but otherwise, I was like totally happy with this one, nice pace, and while personally, I saw last weeks animation style as a failed experiment and thus couldn't rly appreciate the ep despite a general nice pacing and cuts, this weeks ep was just completely satisfying for me in that regard. Subarashiiiiiii!!! Hope they keep this up for the next few eps...

as for Naruto getting Pain overly easy with that Rasengan, I dunno what they talked about, but it seemed to me that the Futon Rasen Shuriken and the Mass Clone's he used prior to that final Rasengan hit wer meant as distractions to wear Pain down ... It was shown often enough how the fight put increasing strain on Nagato, and also, the last Pain was on his knees after the Kagebunshins... so I wouldn't call BS on this one - it was sufficiently hinted at why he managed to get him with such a (comparatively) low power attack, even without Sage Mode - and I can live with the explanation that the last Pain considerably dropped in reaction speed since Nagato is approaching his limit apparently ... there was also the fact that the last Shinra Tensei he used was already so weak he didn't even manage to blow away all of Naruto's clones ...

thats correct, those who are saying Pain went down too easy haven't really been following the fight...Konan explained that if Pain kept using his high level Tensei jutsu, he will weaken to the point of collapse.. but Pain kept doing it because he felt he could deal Naruto a knock-out blow.. which he couldn't.
by the time Naruto used Futon Rasangun and 100 clones to wear him down, which lets not forget Pain needs 5 secs to recover using Shina Tensei jutsu, he was all but finished, Naruto had planned for this, which is why his clones threw him straight into Pain's path... also Naruto wanted to end Pain with what Jiraiya taught him as a sign of revenge. which is why he used a simple Rasengun.

Last edited by Apollian; 2010-07-19 at 04:51.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 06:52   Link #44
Sasheks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
thats correct, those who are saying Pain went down too easy haven't really been following the fight...Konan explained that if Pain kept using his high level Tensei jutsu, he will weaken to the point of collapse.. but Pain kept doing it because he felt he could deal Naruto a knock-out blow.. which he couldn't.
by the time Naruto used Futon Rasangun and 100 clones to wear him down, which lets not forget Pain needs 5 secs to recover using Shina Tensei jutsu, he was all but finished, Naruto had planned for this, which is why his clones threw him straight into Pain's path... also Naruto wanted to end Pain with what Jiraiya taught him as a sign of revenge. which is why he used a simple Rasengun.
Not only that but Pain had Naruto beaten. It was Hinata who triggered the kyuubi.