AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 13 [Bonus] Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 20.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.50%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.75%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.26%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-26, 05:04   Link #41
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

You know what... for an episode that has almost nothing to do with the story... this episode is actually my favorite episode in the show.

Mainly because, even without any sort of music or dreaded moe overload, it's actually a very simple and quiet depiction of their own individual lives. Actually it's the only episode that they aren't together and focuses squarely on their owb personal lives (or lack thereof), specifically what they do when the rest aren't around.

It actually comes off as very homely, personal and almost downright philosophical. In fact, the highlights for me are the scenes where Mugi's actually getting a job, hyperactive Ritsu feels melancholic reading what appears to be a love letter, Asusa dealing with cats, Mio getting in touch with nature by the sea and Yui showing a more responsible side of herself with Ui. Heck almost every scene was a joy to watch. This episode has by far much more character development and revelations than 2/3 of the entire season.

This is slife of life as it was meant to be and what it it excels at: showcasing the almost everyday mundane lives of people under a lens that makes it almost new and refreshing. Watching this makes me remember watching Yokohama Shopping Trip.

An easy 10/10. If ever we get season 2, I sincerely hope we get episodes like this distributed within the music.
Old 2009-06-26, 07:50   Link #42
Keio
Serious Business

Best episode of the series. I enjoyed watching the girls going about their lives and had a stupid grin on my face the entire time I was watching, even though nothing particularly funny is on. Ritsu raging after learning that the "letter" came from Mio got plenty of laughs out of me. I'd also like to invite Azusa to play with my cats at home.

This is the last time we'll see them until season two, if it ever comes out. It isn't the best ending I've seen, but it wraps up the season nicely.

10/10
Old 2009-06-26, 08:19   Link #43
stubby42

I'm saving my over all impression for the over all blog that'll appear later but I was wondering, did anyone else expect it to be Yui's birthday? I serriously thought that they were going to go down the line of no one shows up then its a supprise party.

So the route they took really supprised me.
Old 2009-06-26, 11:05   Link #44
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

A real nice Ep. It was enjoyable, a fitting end for such nice series =]

Highlights:
- Ritsu with her hair down
- Azunyan and the cat
- Mio and her short trip

Edit: i still think the final jokes/gags were handled better in the manga...
Old 2009-06-26, 11:39   Link #45
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Watching through this episode a second time (and after actually getting sleep), I have to say that I regret giving it the score I did now. >_> This really was how I envisioned the series to be in between all the music, and thus I can say at least they decided to end it with a nice little thank you gift.
Old 2009-06-26, 11:51   Link #46
arkxkra
全力全開

the speed of this episdoe quite slow for me, but still very good, this is the final episode , no more K-On!....
This episode I lol at Ritsu , as alway, Mio's lyric is supreme .
Hopefully got season 2, mean while start to look forward to the new anime.
Old 2009-06-26, 11:59   Link #47
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Now that's a slice of life out of the K-on girls individual pov. Well since Mio had a ponytail there it's 10/10 on my account.
Old 2009-06-26, 12:20   Link #48
stubby42

In regards to season 2 unfortunatly we have to wait for the manga to be written and sold, so its a while off yet, maybe even haruhi off.
Old 2009-06-26, 13:01   Link #49
Justin Kim
*Artist

Can't believe K-On is over. Reality is now sinking in. Just a question? Kadokawa is also working on Haruhi as well, am I correct?
Old 2009-06-26, 13:06   Link #50
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

See, this is what slice of life should be like. No forced drama or overemphasized moe crap, just people getting by day-to-day. If the whole series had been like this, I'd have a much higher final opinion of it. 9/10.
Old 2009-06-26, 13:06   Link #51
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

As random as this sound, at home, Mio have some EXPENSIVE headphones . Then on the train she has some crappy-ipod-looking-headphones. Usually people who use expensive headphones, wouldn't be able to use those crappy ipod headphones (no one is going to buy expensive headphones if they don't care about sound quality...). I only got a pair of Shures 210se, and I honestly can't stand those ipod headphones. I would have expected Mio to use some sort of canal-phones.

Did I see Mio using a macbook? How many otakus are going to buy it for Mio? At least a laptop would be much more helpful to an otaku then a guitar that they can't even play.

Actual thoughts on the episode: I liked this episode more then the other episodes honestly. When Ritsu was reading her 'love letter', I already thought it was lyrics written by Mio. So it came as no surprised that Mio penned it herself.
Old 2009-06-26, 13:21   Link #52
Tempura

Lovely episode.

When I saw Azunyan synchronizing 100%, I LOL'd hard
Old 2009-06-26, 13:26   Link #53
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Did I see Mio using a macbook? How many otakus are going to buy it for Mio? At least a laptop would be much more helpful to an otaku then a guitar that they can't even play.
Well, Mac is better for music production; my school's Music Technology and Composition class uses Mac to record and manipulate sounds. Actually, Mac is better in general xD.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2009-06-26, 14:09   Link #54
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Can't believe K-On is over. Reality is now sinking in. Just a question? Kadokawa is also working on Haruhi as well, am I correct?
Well, Kadokawa is the publisher and one of the producers for Haruhi, but they didn't work on K-On! (which was Pony Canyon/Movic/TBS). But if you meant Kyoto Animation, then yes.
Old 2009-06-26, 14:15   Link #55
stubby42

I'm not looking at the footage right at this moment but I use earphones that actually go in the Ear-canal, they reduce other noise and have a base boost in them.

They cost between £20 and £40.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-C...039773&sr=1-12

I'd hazzard a guess and say she's using something like them.

p.s for anyone looking to buy new head phones buy that type, they are amazing, my only problem is that when I put normal ear phones in everything else sounds crappy in comparision.

From now on I wont spend anything less than £20 on a pair.
Old 2009-06-26, 14:27   Link #56
typhonsentra

You know, one of the problems with plotlines like Ritsu's in this episode is that because of the way the show's formatted you know it'll end up just being a misunderstanding for two reasons:

-None of the girls can have a boyfriend.

-They also can't be shown rejecting a guy.

It's just the way these 4koma girly shows work.
Old 2009-06-26, 14:43   Link #57
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Well, Mac is better for music production; my school's Music Technology and Composition class uses Mac to record and manipulate sounds. Actually, Mac is better in general xD.
That might be true but there some things a Mac can't do but a Windows PC can do.
Old 2009-06-26, 14:57   Link #58
Orin GA

Wow, people actually gave this episode 10? What a crappy lack luster finish. This series will not be missed.
Old 2009-06-26, 15:19   Link #59
typhonsentra

You're not supposed to view this as the season finale, think of it as simple extra material, it probably should've been left as a DVD extra though, ala Kannagi episode 14.
Old 2009-06-26, 16:10   Link #60
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin GA View Post
Wow, people actually gave this episode 10? What a crappy lack luster finish. This series will not be missed.
In YOUR opinion.

This happens to be one of my favorite episodes.

And I know I'll miss it.
Closed Thread