AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-19, 20:50   Link #41
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Shuna really savage against her bother Benimaru and poor Geld having trouble with a new group of works

Well the Tempests empire just got more land
Old 2024-04-20, 06:33   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
We even had Treyni's bar .
I thought the same too, but I wasn't sure whether it showed up in Slime Diaries or the main series first.
Old 2024-04-26, 11:02   Link #43
Frontier

Should Rimuru really be surprised at this point when someone from Tempest just casually offs a high-grade monster? Although honestly sword bears just look like they would be in pain with those blades protruding out of them .

Why does Gobta ever open his mouth during meetings? It never ends well for him. Also way to be culturally sensitive to the fact that you're co-workers are Oni .

Vesta and Kaijin wanted to make up for their inability to do anything during the last attack by coming up with an ingenious invention...a possibly self-perpetuating anti-magic barrier that, when expanded and used properly, can totally erase the problem of monsters or spirits ever plaguing Tempest's lands! They can even do other spells too! What a fantastic new creation .

That visual of Rimuru, Shuna, and Shion rocking out together with giant speakers sure was something .

So Veldora's been restraining his power but feels like he needs to unleash it at some point...though knowing him, it would cause more power than it solves. But that's a problem for another day so Veldora will just have to be patient and read his manga .

I can't think of anyone more qualified to build Milim's new castle than Geld! He's totally got this and it puts him to work on something that is his specialty .

Never expected to see Edmaris giving etiquette and political training to Youm, but good to see him being put to work further for Tempest' benefit. Meanwhile it seems like Falmuth is gearing up for something...but Tempest is fully prepared to match them .

Shion wants more to do! Even though she's only really good at gushing over Rimuru-sama, looking pretty, and being super-strong! But at least she's easy to please .

The group come together to speculate on the enemy coming after them and that helped orchestrate this as well as Hinata's attack...or quite possibly more than just Yuuki, because even bringing together all these different forces with different motivations to want to take down Tempest might be too much for a single mastermind. Maybe it's time to follow the money and investigate some merchants .

Rimuru sent a message to Lubellious seeking an end to hostilities and make peace, and we see Hinata meeting with her fellow Holy Knights...though I don't think this is going to end quite so peacefully .
Old 2024-04-26, 17:16   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not much to say. All the speculation and planning things out is important for the narrative to hold up. Although I've got to say it's been a pretty dull first 4 episodes for this season. They've got some leeway with the pure amount of episodes this season will have. But there's not a lot to actually say about it.
Old 2024-04-26, 18:28   Link #45
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rimuru explained he has no need to release his aura because his Beelzebub skill basically absorbs it, so can't he just use that skill on Veldora?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not much to say. All the speculation and planning things out is important for the narrative to hold up. Although I've got to say it's been a pretty dull first 4 episodes for this season. They've got some leeway with the pure amount of episodes this season will have. But there's not a lot to actually say about it.
It's the second half of the second season all over again. Meeting after meeting after meeting. When I saw the title of the next episode, I wasn't even surprised.
Old 2024-04-26, 20:05   Link #46
Frontier

When you realize this entire episode could've been an email. And they end on yet another meeting .

Can't help but feel like there's more interesting things they could do...
Old 2024-04-26, 20:40   Link #47
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Rimuru is planing ahead for a lot of things and coming up with one hell of a barrier

Gobta just sleeping threw all of it
Old 2024-04-27, 12:43   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
So Rimuru is planing ahead for a lot of things and coming up with one hell of a barrier

Gobta just sleeping threw all of it
Gobta is truly one with the audience .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's the second half of the second season all over again. Meeting after meeting after meeting. When I saw the title of the next episode, I wasn't even surprised.
I remember not keeping up with this show originally and basically powered through the second part of season 1 and all of season 2. By the time things slowed down in season 2 I was still there enough to keep going. But if season 2 started like this...I probably wouldn't even be here to talk about season 3 because I would have dropped it.

Seitokai No Ichizon spelled it out in 2009 in its opening seconds "Understand the differences in media!" I don't care if all these freaking meetings were in the source material. This is an anime, not a textbook! You have to work within the strengths and avoid the weaknesses of the medium. Technically things have happened in the first 4 episodes. But it feels like nothing has happened! We're a third of the way through a regular season and it's still all meetings.

But hey. I guess we can look forward to episode 5 where Hinata can probably spend the whole episode in a meeting .
Old 2024-04-27, 18:10   Link #49
Strahan

When I watched this episode, I said to myself "Christ, it's another meeting episode. People are gonna bitch". I see I wasn't in err lol

Doesn't really bother me, but then, I'm probably an outlier as I like watching court cases on Youtube where it's just an hour of people talking heh. I can see where it'd be a drag for most people. It helps for me with having read the novel and knowing what's coming down the pike. Makes me look forward to seeing some things animated.... eventually
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 11:02   Link #50
Frontier

Hope you haven't had enough of meetings! Because now we have one with Hinata and the Holy Knights of Lubelious! Who don't seem like one big happy family because you have the one half that supports Hinata and the other that looks down on her and wants her job .

Civil War in Falmuth? Well, that is the plan, though I don't see it going so well for Edward no matter how many mercenaries or forces he gathers. I feel bad for the innocent citizens getting drafted though .

I mean, yeah, Rimuru and Veldora are buds and Rimuru is Veldora's source for great manga, he's basically got him tamed. So...really not someone the should be messing with at this time .

I know the OP has been teasing Rimuru vs Hinata, but she has no intention of seriously fighting him. She sees his new position, understands he may have been sincere in his intentions and doesn't seek to be hostile towards humans, and she may have misjudged him. So she's totally willing to let bygones be bygones, take responsibility for her own mistakes, and be open to hearing Rimuru out. So no chance any fighting is going to break out, I'm sure !

Of course then Reyhiem shows up talking about Rimuru's awakening as a Demon Lord and how dangerous he is, and his message is conveyed to Hinata in a way that sounds like he's asking for a rematch...so Hinata will just have to go see him, even if she doesn't want a fight. But it probably won't be that simple .

Oh and there's the Luminaries who helped train Hinata and keep bothering her, in particular here to make sure she has a reason to face off against Rimuru but ESPECIALLY to kill Veldora, with the dragon-slaying sword they just handed her. Couldn't be more obvious .

So now Hinata is riding off to see Rimuru and gets mistaken by Soka as being on the warpath...and Reyhiem is killed to boost up Falmuth's forces with temple knights. Things are escalating again .
Old 2024-05-03, 14:44   Link #51
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

They've been skipping around this issue ever since Rimuru became a demon lord, and I vaguely recall that I talked about it at some point, but at this point nothing should surprise Rimuru at all because of Raphael.

Raphael's supercomputer-like abilities should be enough to solve any problem by sheer brute force but eh let's pretend that Rimuru doesn't have that power sometimes to make things more interesting

Clayman mentioned Kazalim at one point during their fight, but based on a previous episode this season it seemed that Rimuru had forgotten that name, even if he and the other demon lords had talked about it as the previous demon lord that Leon replaced. I mean, wouldn't Rimuru had at least tasked one of his minions to research this Kazalim guy whoever he was?

There has also been at least 3 times previously where Raphael and Rimuru had agreed on who has been pulling the strings behind the scenes, meaning they know who it is, but has refrained from blurting it out loud for some reason, probably plot related They haven't revealed it yet since going to that source will definitely take out all the tension with Hinata and Luminus and things would've been resolved without a fight.

No idea if I'm correct or whatever, these are just my 2 cents, I'm even letting all these slide since Rimuru acting dumb like this does lead to interesting stuff happening
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 15:14   Link #52
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
They've been skipping around this issue ever since Rimuru became a demon lord, and I vaguely recall that I talked about it at some point, but at this point nothing should surprise Rimuru at all because of Raphael.

Raphael's supercomputer-like abilities should be enough to solve any problem by sheer brute force but eh let's pretend that Rimuru doesn't have that power sometimes to make things more interesting
Cut Raphael some slack. She has really little info to work with. Rimuru knows nothing about the Holy Kingdom (except that Hinata and Luminas exist) and very little about the other kingdoms. Sure, he could (and really should) get a lot more info, but he doesn't concentrate on preparations for conflicts (which is a mistake). Even the best computer can't do anything without knowing the current state at least.

Quote:
There has also been at least 3 times previously where Raphael and Rimuru had agreed on who has been pulling the strings behind the scenes, meaning they know who it is, but has refrained from blurting it out loud for some reason, probably plot related They haven't revealed it yet since going to that source will definitely take out all the tension with Hinata and Luminus and things would've been resolved without a fight.
From season 2 I got the impression that he thinks (likely correctly) that the one who sent Hinata after him (and likely is behind a large part of the attack on Tempest too) was a certain guild master.

Btw. Luminas really should clean up her country. Despite her direct orders there seem to be an awful lot of people trying to stir up a war with Tempest.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 16:05   Link #53
kagato3

Quote:

Clayman mentioned Kazalim at one point during their fight, but based on a previous episode this season it seemed that Rimuru had forgotten that name, even if he and the other demon lords had talked about it as the previous demon lord that Leon replaced. I mean, wouldn't Rimuru had at least tasked one of his minions to research this Kazalim guy whoever he was?

No idea if I'm correct or whatever, these are just my 2 cents, I'm even letting all these slide since Rimuru acting dumb like this does lead to interesting stuff happening
Claymen blurting out Kazalim during the fight was a mistake in the Anime he didn't in the source material. At this time all but a very small group know Kazalim is even still alive.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 16:27   Link #54
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Cut Raphael some slack. She has really little info to work with. Rimuru knows nothing about the Holy Kingdom (except that Hinata and Luminas exist) and very little about the other kingdoms. Sure, he could (and really should) get a lot more info, but he doesn't concentrate on preparations for conflicts (which is a mistake). Even the best computer can't do anything without knowing the current state at least.
They should return that "Lord of Knowledge" title wherever they got it from since it's looking like she's not too knowledgeable about stuff happening around them

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Claymen blurting out Kazalim during the fight was a mistake in the Anime he didn't in the source material. At this time all but a very small group know Kazalim is even still alive.
I'll accept this since I know nothing about the source material
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 16:32   Link #55
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

In this week's episode of isekai meetings...we got more meetings !

Honestly the only thing I can say is being positively surprised by Hinata. Was really worried we'd be doing the eye-roll thing of having her absoultely fall hook line and sinker for another obvious trap. Thankfully this time she's fairly on guard and not taking everything at face value. Sadly the message was obviously tampered with.

A good example of Diablo and somewhat Rimiru not being nearly as clever as they think they are. No one at this point has even considered that the agent that was killed might have passed along an inaccurate message. Of course their information is only from a certain perspective, but despite being nearly all powerful they aren't all knowing.

Sadly this is going to devolve into a pointless battle despite it looking like Hinata is going to handle things as properly as she can.
Old 2024-05-03, 18:25   Link #56
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hinata is turning out to be a really reasonable character, who was only fooled because her emotions got the better of her. She can clearly tell they're attempting to fool her again but she's only pretending to bite this time. I can see the Knights who followed her causing trouble and forcing her into a fight she doesn't want any part of.
Old 2024-05-03, 20:45   Link #57
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well another meeting taking about Rimuru and his country and all those knights are really out for blood and theres Hinata try to calming them down
Old 2024-05-03, 23:02   Link #58
scififan

The isekai politic turns out to be boring as usual. Hinata landed a job as a middle manager of the holy church. Her bosses were her former opponents. They are steering clear from the meeting. Hinata has to convince lower level managers to follow her decision, because she will take the responsibility. From the report, she realizes the Rimuru had enough power could kill her. She doesn't know is why the Rimuru didn't kill her. Maybe Rimuru avoided fighting Hinata because he found out this girl is his type. Hinata figures because they both came from Earth, they could get along. Hinata sees her personal visit as friendly. Rimuru sees Hinata's uninvited approaching as confrontational. Now, it is going to be a second round of death match.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-05, 11:11   Link #59
Strahan

Quote:
They should return that "Lord of Knowledge" title wherever they got it from since it's looking like she's not too knowledgeable about stuff happening around them
I guess it boils down to how Raphael gets its knowledge. If it is some magical thing that spans the cosmos, then yea that's kinda sad. But if it relies on what Rimuru is exposed to (more likely), then it makes sense why it can't offer more help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Rimuru sees Hinata's uninvited approaching as confrontational. Now, it is going to be a second round of death match.
Well, it's technically not uninvited. He reached out to her after all, one would anticipate that a visit would be one possible response.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-05, 11:19   Link #60
Rasty

^ I don't remember whether the whole message was ever shown, but from the skip in the video it seemed like the whole message was something like:
"Hey Hinata, I know we had some trouble, but lets let it be water under the bridge and keep to ourselves from now on. But if you still want to fight I will be your opponent, 1v1." Except the middle part got erased. In such a case Hinata coming in right away sounds like she decided to fight.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote