AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-14, 14:07   Link #81
Dark Wing

I decided to take a look this when it was finished after watching the first couple of episodes because I knew this was going to be one I had to watch in one setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I'm not sure how to feel about that ending. Please be safe Odakawa.
I don't think the Idol has gotten away with anything. Odokawa obviously remembers her from what he said while in the hospital. So he's got her dead to right.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2021-07-21 at 11:19.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 00:11   Link #82
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

There's been a lot of articles around calling it the hidden gem of the last few years. Which it certainly is. Heck, the makers were not going to even release it for home purchase until fans rallied. If it does get an English license, I will get it. Something this rare needs support. An Odokawa nendo would also get my money.
Old 2021-07-15, 00:18   Link #83
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Like this show a lot, but I think that BD release extortion was just a clever publicity stunt. They never doubted they would hit that comically low threshold.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-18, 23:35   Link #84
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Someone translated Yano's song.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-21, 06:55   Link #85
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://qjweb.jp/column/50921/

There's a prologue story on how Odokawa learned about Dob after his encounter with the elder Daimon brother.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2021-08-06, 00:21   Link #86
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://twitter.com/oddtaxi_/status/1422020308815400966

Announcement that sales have reached up to a 1000 copies. Looks like an OVA may be coming.

Old 2021-10-05, 07:04   Link #87
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

They reached 6000 sales. Good to hear this got financial justification as well as critical. Also, I was very quick to pre-order this utterly legendary plushie that is out March 2022.
Old 2021-10-05, 07:09   Link #88
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
They reached 6000 sales. Good to hear this got financial justification as well as critical. Also, I was very quick to pre-order this utterly legendary plushie that is out March 2022.
When you think that they were already happy with only 300 orders and ended up getting more than 6.000 copies...
LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-05, 08:45   Link #89
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
When you think that they were already happy with only 300 orders and ended up getting more than 6.000 copies...
Except they weren't. This has has all been planned, and in fact overall the marketing for this series (starting with the mysterious social media accounts months before it aired) has been brilliant.
Old 2021-10-05, 09:59   Link #90
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
I want Shirakawa plushy...
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-05, 13:44   Link #91
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Except they weren't. This has has all been planned, and in fact overall the marketing for this series (starting with the mysterious social media accounts months before it aired) has been brilliant.
Do you think it's possible for them to turn it into a compilation movie with new scenes etc to take advantage of the popularity?
LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-05, 16:51   Link #92
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think what they're going to do to take advantage of the opportunity is a second season, and I think that was the goal from the start.
Old 2021-10-08, 08:03   Link #93
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well the ending certainly lends itself to a continuation.

Still without the animal conceit it would be a very different show. Given how well this show was written I wouldn't put it past them to pull off a second season.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-08, 08:40   Link #94
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Just because Gorilla-sensei found the cause of the problem doesn't mean it's necessarily cured.
Old 2021-10-08, 09:16   Link #95
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I don't think you can fully base it from what happened if you do a second season. There are so many aspects that are closed off. The comedians, dodo boy, the jailed idols and yakuza. Furthermore, a major hook was the whole animal factor. Odokawa, Shirakawa, the doctor and killer idol are pretty much all I could see being carried over.

This show has been my one title to cling to this year. I got more than enough from what happened. Maybe a spinoff on what killer idol gets up to next? That is something I could see happening.
Old 2021-10-08, 19:08   Link #96
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
I don't think you can fully base it from what happened if you do a second season. There are so many aspects that are closed off. The comedians, dodo boy, the jailed idols and yakuza. Furthermore, a major hook was the whole animal factor. Odokawa, Shirakawa, the doctor and killer idol are pretty much all I could see being carried over.

This show has been my one title to cling to this year. I got more than enough from what happened. Maybe a spinoff on what killer idol gets up to next? That is something I could see happening.
I suspect they have something planned, since I'm pretty sure this was the endgame all along.
Old 2021-10-09, 07:06   Link #97
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Heard rumors before that they could adopt one of the drama CDs to a short OVA...

Old 2021-12-25, 09:44   Link #98
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...pril-1/.180969

OT’s getting an anime film.

Looks to be a compilation, although it’ll also expand on what happened to Odokawa after you know who gets into his taxi for a ride.

Old 2021-12-28, 10:02   Link #99
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I didn't really see how they could produce a sequel without the animal conceit. I'll watch the compilation movie to see how the story ends.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-28, 11:24   Link #100
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I didn't really see how they could produce a sequel without the animal conceit. I'll watch the compilation movie to see how the story ends.
They'll probably just end the last plotline in the movie.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
furry