Arche's Boxart :
Old 2009-04-16, 10:35   Link #12602
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolve View Post
Arche's Boxart :
Sorry mate, but you got beaten to the punch a few pages ago.
Tuff boxart anyway.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 11:00   Link #12603
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for GN-005/PH Gundam Virtue Physical:
if only Bandai willing to release this baby
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 11:07   Link #12604
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Send a message via AIM to MrCapcom Send a message via MSN to MrCapcom Send a message via Yahoo to MrCapcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
Still a work in progress...

Spoiler:
how you do the oragami stars I love those got any websites?
Old 2009-04-16, 11:21   Link #12605
sempai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
Depends on what intentions you have for you're convention. Is it to promote sales revenue? Introduce to new audience? Promotional? Got to be a little bit more specific. Reason > Aim > Progress > Result
The reason is I feel conventions have gotten slack on doing things like Modeling. I am tired of seeing Ball Jointed dolls when here are hundreds of gundam modelers in my area. I want to see cool diorama's and quality painting things like that. And hopefully there will be other people inspired. I already have a master modeler who runs a shop in Miami on board for a panel or two. And I have the space. I just need judges and what not. I need to find people interested that will enter their gundams into contest. I can find thousands of cosplayers but gundam modelers are harder to find.
sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 12:49   Link #12606
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolve View Post
Arche's Boxart :
lol we saw more of cherudims gn rifle bits in this boxart then in the anime it self damn it
Old 2009-04-16, 12:56   Link #12607
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

is there any official word on Reborn yet?
Old 2009-04-16, 13:16   Link #12608
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

HGUC Messala being released this August:
Old 2009-04-16, 13:33   Link #12609
JayCee
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempai View Post
The reason is I feel conventions have gotten slack on doing things like Modeling. I am tired of seeing Ball Jointed dolls when here are hundreds of gundam modelers in my area. I want to see cool diorama's and quality painting things like that. And hopefully there will be other people inspired. I already have a master modeler who runs a shop in Miami on board for a panel or two. And I have the space. I just need judges and what not. I need to find people interested that will enter their gundams into contest. I can find thousands of cosplayers but gundam modelers are harder to find.
It's all good and well to try attract gundam modellers to come along to the conventions. But since the majority are usually non modelling related anime section have you ever thought about trying to tailor you're section to appeal more to the general public. Competitions are always good way to start when enough people participate as you have pointed out. Also you can maybe discuss with the modeller you invited to hold a basic intro/tutorial session to get people into it. Some people are turned off taking gunplay as hobby and just pass by instead because they think it's too complicated. So intro/tutorial session be helpful to explain the in's and out's. I think most important aspect is really advertisement. Maybe see if you can get a sponsor and throw in freebies crowds are suckers for freebies and in turn arouses more interest in that general section.

Design online ads or banners for the gundam competition and get it posted everywhere. Have leaflets printed out and leave it in shops in person. That might help get the word out.

Doesn't matter if they're just cosplayers or gunplay modellers. If they know about it that's good. If not explain what's so good about it to arouse their interest. Think yourself as a sales person and gunplay as the object of sale.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 17:03   Link #12610
Sworra

Thanks a bunch for the info Jaycee. Will post progress once its done.. Doing only a 1/144 scale Civilian Astray for now to sharpen my skills since my last Gundam i did was nearly 6 years ago. Then its time for the MG's
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 17:10   Link #12611
Amber.Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Hmmm I'm mostly considering Titanium Unicorn because I heard it has the gatling gun, or some other extra weapon.

I'm also fine with saving some bucks with the normal Unicorn though.
Yeah, it doesn't come with one.

Also, Sinanju was released last December, so I doubt a special version will be coming out any time soon.
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 00:32   Link #12612
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

HGUC Messala for August. At that supposed pricing, one does wonder about the scale though. As it was about twice the size of Mark-II from the anime.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 05:00   Link #12613
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

i just have another question in regards to spraypaints, i just bought the flat clear tamiya spray today (ts-80) and on the can it says that i shouldn't spray this on decals or stickers, however most people on this forum said that this was ok, so i jus want to clarify this...

also with the tamiya metallic silver spray (ts-83) which i also received today, on the can it says its best to undercoat the part first with a black spray then spray it with the silver as then the finish will be smooth. jus wondering though as i dont have a black spray paint, is it ok if i apply another colour onto the part being parted or is it fine just to spray the metallic silver directly onto it?
darkstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 06:31   Link #12614
JayCee
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstrife View Post
i just have another question in regards to spraypaints, i just bought the flat clear tamiya spray today (ts-80) and on the can it says that i shouldn't spray this on decals or stickers, however most people on this forum said that this was ok, so i jus want to clarify this...

also with the tamiya metallic silver spray (ts-83) which i also received today, on the can it says its best to undercoat the part first with a black spray then spray it with the silver as then the finish will be smooth. jus wondering though as i dont have a black spray paint, is it ok if i apply another colour onto the part being parted or is it fine just to spray the metallic silver directly onto it?
Don't know about everyone else's views on this. But I already mentioned this before a few pages back that Tamiya clear spray (TS-80) can eat into decals. This is because it's a lacquer spray and not water soluble. It's not guaranteed it will eat into it, but there's a coherent risk. Especially when sprayed heavily or too close

As for metallic spray. You can do it without anything else. Although I wouldn't recommend just spraying it on it's own. Even if you don't have black paint you should use a primer to get best results out of the silver. Also say if the base colour of the kit is maybe bright red. There is a Chance the colour can show up underneath the silver.
Old 2009-04-17, 06:35   Link #12615
sandrum
MS Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

HGUC Messala for August. At that supposed pricing, one does wonder about the scale though. As it was about twice the size of Mark-II from the anime.
Looks fake -- April foolish.
The cost is far too low considering the size this would have to be (at HGUC) and the consumption tax calculation is incorrect. At 5% plus 2,400yen the total would come to over 2,520yen.
sandrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 06:47   Link #12616
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

Quote:
Don't know about everyone else's views on this. But I already mentioned this before a few pages back that Tamiya clear spray (TS-80) can eat into decals. This is because it's a lacquer spray and not water soluble. It's not guaranteed it will eat into it, but there's a coherent risk. Especially when sprayed heavily or too close

As for metallic spray. You can do it without anything else. Although I wouldn't recommend just spraying it on it's own. Even if you don't have black paint you should use a primer to get best results out of the silver. Also say if the base colour of the kit is maybe bright red. There is a Chance the colour can show up underneath the silver.
thanks a lot for your advice jaycee (you've helped a lot of us modelling n00bs ><), in regards to metallic silver paint, would it be ok for me hand brush some black enamel paint instead of using the black spray? would the effect be similar or would u still recommend me to undercoat it with a black spray?
darkstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 07:43   Link #12617
JayCee
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstrife View Post
thanks a lot for your advice jaycee (you've helped a lot of us modelling n00bs ><), in regards to metallic silver paint, would it be ok for me hand brush some black enamel paint instead of using the black spray? would the effect be similar or would u still recommend me to undercoat it with a black spray?
Not a problem. We all have to start somewhere. I'm only just here to relay what I know from advice given to me or self learnt lessons from past mistakes. Anyhow Hand painting can also be a viable option. But make sure layer is not thick. Nice smooth thin layer should do the trick. If possible get a piece of plastic you might not need and practise on it if need be until you get the right results. If it goes wrong use paint thinner and strip it down and sand till smooth and prime or undercoat again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Thanks a bunch for the info Jaycee. Will post progress once its done.. Doing only a 1/144 scale Civilian Astray for now to sharpen my skills since my last Gundam i did was nearly 6 years ago. Then its time for the MG's
Will be looking forward to see the results.

On a different note. Hopefully I can get my lazy ass working and finally finish my MG Unicorn and put up some photos this weekend. (Well I did finish it but wasn't satisfied so redone a little bit here and there. I'm a bit anal with these things )

Last edited by JayCee; 2009-04-17 at 07:53.
Old 2009-04-17, 11:45   Link #12618
nevenacheese

i saved a HG blitz from the trashcan, my neighbors (spoiled) grandson was visiting and tried to make the set alone for his first time. it went wrong and wanted to throw it away. i was helpin them an saw what he had done to the kit, i asked him for the set and now i am trying to save it. some joints were damaged, sticker were almost gone, and horrible attempt to paint it. i already tried to remove the paint and scratches using sandpapers. il post some pics later, help is really welcome.
nevenacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 15:42   Link #12619
JayCee
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevenacheese View Post
i saved a HG blitz from the trashcan, my neighbors (spoiled) grandson was visiting and tried to make the set alone for his first time. it went wrong and wanted to throw it away. i was helpin them an saw what he had done to the kit, i asked him for the set and now i am trying to save it. some joints were damaged, sticker were almost gone, and horrible attempt to paint it. i already tried to remove the paint and scratches using sandpapers. il post some pics later, help is really welcome.
Why don't you google up some plastic friendly paint strippers, then re-prime it and re-paint it again? Saves sanding down forever and with bonus of looking even better than it was fresh out of the box if painted properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCapcom View Post
how you do the oragami stars I love those got any websites?
Late reply but in case the other dude didn't get back to you and you haven't found any yet

http://www.foldastar.com/ - video tutorial
http://www.dltk-kids.com/world/japan/morigami_star.htm - picture tutorial

It's really a doddle to do when you get used to it. But takes forever to fill a jar of them
Old 2009-04-17, 16:37   Link #12620
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Why don't you google up some plastic friendly paint strippers, then re-prime it and re-paint it again? Saves sanding down forever and with bonus of looking even better than it was fresh out of the box if painted properly
its nice to see people on this site who actually can help out a bit, you seem to have a lot of really good advice there. How long have you been building gunpla for? And you should post some pics of what you got done thus far, id like to see your collection.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy