AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-04, 04:47   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 349 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .
This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.
As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

A fair warning: To those few fans who are intentionally distorting the pronounciation of any names of any characters, stop it now! You are being very insensitive toward the fans who may like a certain character. And not to mention the intentional distortion of the names get a few posters so agitated that they go on a rampage of nonsensical posting mixed with an intense session of flaming. Those of you who are baiting these posters by taking part in this particular exercise of innovative name calling of a certain character.. well, stop it. You know who you are. We are more than willing to hand out a few bans until we get through to you. Hope I have made myself clear enough.

To the general fans: Please use the report button if you see anyone is intentionally distorting any characters name to bait or agitate a group of fans, i.e. Sasuke as Sasgay or Naruto as Narutard and etc. Please do not reserve any kind of sympathy for these kinds of posters who are articulate enough, but don't mind stooping to those kinds of petty behaviour.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 04:52   Link #2
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
i m wondering why there is a chapter spoiler thread poping up every week the same day when no one has actually the raw and a bunch of fakes are running around. some people have to suffer pages of fake before they get to actually see the discussion about the real chapter.
no a complain just wondering why not wait for the official chapter to be available for most to avoid fakes from running around.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 05:02   Link #3
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Don't have to worry about fakes this week because this one comes from Hijamin.

Sort of confusing. We need a better translation.

Spoiler for chapter 349:
Old 2007-04-04, 05:15   Link #4
Rahan

Is this supposed to be a full summary ?

Spoiler:
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 07:39   Link #5
xcad

so the killing urges form the CS?
xcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 08:01   Link #6
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

The spoiler doesn't reveal much, except that Oro apparently had to deal with Juugo personally and that Juugo's special ability is releasing enzymes. Weird. Himajin's summaries are always true but unfortunately, aren't too detailed. But yeah, hopefully a better summary will come out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
i m wondering why there is a chapter spoiler thread poping up every week the same day when no one has actually the raw and a bunch of fakes are running around. some people have to suffer pages of fake before they get to actually see the discussion about the real chapter.
no a complain just wondering why not wait for the official chapter to be available for most to avoid fakes from running around.
Some people don't mind sifting through the fake spoilers. I think it's better to have a separate thread otherwise, the spoilers will just appear in the current chp discussion and people will have to use spoiler tags if they want to discuss them. With a separate thread, people who don't want to bother with fake spoilers can continue to use the current chp discussion and people who want to discuss the spoilers don't have to bother with the tags.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 08:16   Link #7
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-So if the chapter proves to be as accurate as Sabaku Kyu mentioned then it would seem that the Cursed Seal was created by experimenting on Juugo. Interesting, now I want to know more about this guy. If he's half as bloodthirsty and savage in battle as the 4-Tailed-mode Naruto then I think I may have found yet another favorite character. But I do find it weird that the word "enzymes" are used. I am no Biology and Chemistry expert but aren't enzymes produced in the saliva to break down food? I'd understand if they used the word "adrenaline" but enzymes kind of throw the image off...
Old 2007-04-04, 08:41   Link #8
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Don't have to worry about fakes this week because this one comes from Hijamin.

Sort of confusing. We need a better translation.
The translation is not bad, it's the japanese summary which is brief and disjointed.

If this is true, it is very unlike the new Kishimoto to actually start explaining the history of introduced ideas.

Granted it is explaining something about his favourite character.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 09:05   Link #9
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
- But I do find it weird that the word "enzymes" are used. I am no Biology and Chemistry expert but aren't enzymes produced in the saliva to break down food? I'd understand if they used the word "adrenaline" but enzymes kind of throw the image off...
That's true, but there's many different types of enyzmes and they're found in more than just the saliva. Using the general term "enyzme" is a little more believable than mentioning the specific hormone adrenaline since adrenaline itself doesn't cause killing urges, though it does prepare the body to fight. It's weird though, if the CS was derived from the fluids in Juugo's body, how was Oro able to transmit the seal to Sasuke through a bite from his teeth? I always thought the CS derived from Oro's own venom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
The translation is not bad, it's the japanese summary which is brief and disjointed.

If this is true, it is very unlike the new Kishimoto to actually start explaining the history of introduced ideas.

Granted it is explaining something about his favourite character.
He does it a few times. We've found out some history on the Rasengan, the origins of Zabuza's sword, further explanations about bloodlines, elemental justsu. He just chooses to explain some things in more detail than others.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 09:43   Link #10
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
That's true, but there's many different types of enyzmes and they're found in more than just the saliva. Using the general term "enyzme" is a little more believable than mentioning the specific hormone adrenaline since adrenaline itself doesn't cause killing urges, though it does prepare the body to fight. It's weird though, if the CS was derived from the fluids in Juugo's body, how was Oro able to transmit the seal to Sasuke through a bite from his teeth? I always thought the CS derived from Oro's own venom.
-Yeah you're right. I guess using that word is fine when placed into that context. Regarding Orochimaru's ability to transmit that venom have you ever considered that he might have "sack" within his mouth to store that venom like the Spitting Cobra? That type of snake has loose portions of skin in it's mouth to send the venom flying or when bitting to inject it. Several snakes transmit their venom that way. Perhaps Orochimaru did it in a similar fashion but he had to intake the poison himself and then transmit it...
Old 2007-04-04, 11:34   Link #11
yinstro

yeah as said an enzyme is a substance which is a catalyst of chemical change. So if the enzyme effected something in the brain chemistry that causes intense killing urges, of course theres also some possibility iteffects chakra or infects it. Then theirs also the fact its a quick summary of 2nd hand script, may just not be the best word they used.

Anyyyhow the point is, i guess something he secretes or whatever. It does something weird and has something to do with the CS.

if ths turns out to be real, it seems kind of... ehhhh i could use seeing some other people or having something actually happen. And if the translation hits the nail on the head, why would sasuke want a guy who can't control his killing urges, and also makes other people unable to do the same. So much so, its to the point your average nobody who gives him a handshake has to be killed. Doesnt sound too useful or worth it, unless he has some method of sealing his abilities or something

Last edited by yinstro; 2007-04-04 at 15:50. Reason: grammar leads to evil
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 12:18   Link #12
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

It isn't said Juugo can control his murderous urge, in fact it's seem to be the opposite.
If he is the source of the CS (which would explain the physical morphing and murderous intent that the CS trigger into its users), Sasuke might have some particular use of him related to his own CS.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 13:07   Link #13
SpiRo
Banned

I hope the news about freeing prisoners and death of Orochimaru will come to Konoha in this chapter..

I wanna see their faces
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 13:27   Link #14
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
the sad thing is even if naruto hears that sasuke has defeated orochimaru and is freeing peeople. he will still be determined to bring sasuke back to konoha naruto is going to look really pathetic if he does that.

then again he might remembers ero-sannin advice and forget about sasuke untill they meet again in the end.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 13:30   Link #15
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

So far Kishi has done a nice job with these new characters sasuke's collecting. Personally I didn't like sai or Yammato, I also didn't like choji till I saw him skinny. Now I like him even thou he's phat.

Juugo looks promising. Specially if he's the source of all CS experimentation. Sasuke still looks to have CS, and all that was really said about it was that it increased your abilites, but coroded your mind(if used too long). That would suck for sasuke who needs power, AND his facilites to take on the Genjutsu weilding Itachi.

As a matter of fact. How Bamf would Itachi really be if his genjutsu didn't even come into play? Yea he's a bit nastyer than kakashi, but it doesn't seem like he would be better than Guy, Kyuubi naruto, or CS2 Sasuke at this point.
Old 2007-04-04, 13:32   Link #16
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
the sad thing is even if naruto hears that sasuke has defeated orochimaru and is freeing peeople. he will still be determined to bring sasuke back to konoha naruto is going to look really pathetic if he does that.

then again he might remembers ero-sannin advice and forget about sasuke untill they meet again in the end.
It would be very stupid is they again wanna bring him .. but im more interested what Tsunade, Jiraiya and Kakashi will say on that .. or Akatsuki ..

Anyway Naruto wont be able to find him becouse he is always on the move .. but they will meet again sometime against Akatsuki ..

Last edited by SpiRo; 2007-04-04 at 13:48.
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 13:42   Link #17
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Naruto and Co. better be in this chapter, i don't want to wait another week to hear Konoha's reaction.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 15:06   Link #18
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Juugo looks like he is also a warning from Kishimoto of what can happen if Sasuke keeps using the CS. So Sasuke will still need saving in a sense. Someone will have to convince Sasuke to stop using the CS.

Suigetsu getting tired is important since it reveals a weakness. When he hulks up, he probably expends a lot of chakra.

I guess Karin's abilities are being saved.
Old 2007-04-04, 15:52   Link #19
yinstro

well good news is its possible the whole CS thing could get an explanation. But like i said(or meant to say) a guy like him, can he even work in a team at all? well i suppose sasuke's mind control genjutsu sharingan may be the key to turning him into something useful on a team.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 16:11   Link #20
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Seems like another boring, fruitless chapter this week.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote