Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Spoiler for 210:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-06, 19:33   Link #4043
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Caprico huh? About time we got another golden key.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 19:51   Link #4044
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Wtf Mashima. Not even gonna show how he disappeared...
Old 2010-11-06, 20:07   Link #4045
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Who would have thought Natsu was so fashion conscious

The GH guys are an interesting bunch and typically I'm looking forward to seeing the girls in action

Levy was just adorable<3

P.S man, Mashima is a really big fan of Monster Hunter.
Old 2010-11-06, 20:10   Link #4046
cyberdemon

why do i get the feeling that Meldy girl of GH is gonna become a good guy?

Gazille and Levi are a strange but surprisingly fitting couple i think. Wouldn't have thought that would happen with the way they first met.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 20:27   Link #4047
ShiroiRyu

Meldy can look like a androide or robot.
For Caprico, i'm happy someone thought the same thing.
Caprico is like Leo ... One zodiac sign who can resist in the "real world" ?
Anyways, yes for Gazille X Shrimp. The words she use ... XD
Oh ... And she is more cute without her hairband !
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 20:48   Link #4048
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Wtf Mashima. Not even gonna show how he disappeared...
A wizard did it
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
why do i get the feeling that Meldy girl of GH is gonna become a good guy?
Because she's just so darn cute?
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 21:05   Link #4049
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yeah, I agree with Kafriel. 'cause I'm evil' villains aren't much of a cliche anymore these days, it's the 'I'm misunderstood' villains that are the cliché instead. So I don't mind another Kefka or Joker, some psycho who's just so batshit insanely evil that he plans to take the entire world with him.
They don't have to be misunderstood, either. They can work for a goal that just puts them at cross-paths with the heroes. It requires a little more thinking (Nanoha A's Wolkenritter comes to mind), but it's doable. Or perhaps they do want to take over the world, just because they believe they can do a better job than the current rulers. Perhaps they need to consume in order to live, and thus that's why they are trying to kill everyone.

In My Otome, there was a certain aspect to the villains, in that they believed that technology should be shared with everyone, and that the current system wasn't good. There were still self-serving villains there, but they weren't completely evil.

I want to know why my villains are fighting, just as much as I need to know why my heroes are fighting.

Anyway... onto chapter 210.

Agreeing with Caprico being another key, which means Lucy confronting him. I get the same "Meldy is gonne end up a good guy" vibes that others do.

And yes, getting Gadjeel+Levy vibes as well, although I'm not too pleased with it. I'd rather they come to an understanding as friends, although I will admit nothing is confirmed relationship-wise. I've never liked seeing guys get a girl that they previously beat the crap out of. Reeks of something close to Stockholm syndrome.

Other than that, a bunch of villain name-dropping, which honestly doesn't mean to much to me, until I see them in action. I'm not gonna remember their names until I see them and their magic in action. And other than Caprico, I have no idea who will end up confronting who, which would only happen if their names meant anything. Ultear is still a toss-up between Grey and Erza, though leaning to Erza.

Not much else to comment on, although I'm hoping Levy stands up and fights, showing exactly why she has potential to be an S-class. I hate women who always have to be rescued.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 21:06   Link #4050
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Personally I just want a villain who wants to kill everything because he is evil incarnate.
Well, there was Zero...
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 21:11   Link #4051
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
Well, there was Zero...
yeah, another personality was created just to stop those desires.
Old 2010-11-06, 21:24   Link #4052
Clarste
Human

Even Brain had the whole "I'm gonna destroy the light and replace it with darkness!" thing going on. The whole Nirvana arc revolved around the fact that everyone has good and evil switches inside them, so I'm not expecting much moral ambiguity in Fairy Tail.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 21:26   Link #4053
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Personally I just want a villain who wants to kill everything because he is evil incarnate.
Didn't we have that like three acs ago with Zero?

Anyway, nice chapter, lots of build-up and some particularly cute moments as well. Also, since I'm not in the mood to debunk everything and anything I'll just say the previous posts insinuating evil Gerard is just plain crazy, that was simply an analytical point of view and having a just as planned face does not automatically make you evil, you can use that just as well for good.
Old 2010-11-06, 21:53   Link #4054
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So cute...I'm glad that I started to read this manga again.
I also like Meldy design...but somehow, did she looks familiar ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 21:58   Link #4055
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They're both clichés. One's just more in fashion than the other.

Really, whether it's good or not depends on the execution. I'd say crazy "for the evulz" villains are generally bad, because they're the symptom of a lazy writer. But the Dark Knight's joker, for example, was great. OTOH, you sometimes have villains whose motivation is supposedly greed - an understandable motive right there - but whose schemes wouldn't actually make them money under any circumstances.
Indeed, the joker is in no way near cliche. he wasnt "because im evil" or anything, he was the type of guy who was hellbent or proving everything about the world was corruptable, but what truly made him scary was that he was just as likely to give you a 20 dollar bill as he was to kill your family in front of you
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 23:13   Link #4056
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
So cute...I'm glad that I started to read this manga again.
I also like Meldy design...but somehow, did she looks familiar ?
My first thought when i saw her was that she looks a lot like Lisanna except with a deadpan face and slightly longer hair
Old 2010-11-07, 00:28   Link #4057
tarachi
Observer

a Rooster and a goat.... Chinese zodiacs?

FT will seriously get trashed... I wont be surprised if Zeref will save them by saying "Stop it and I will come with you." variant line.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 02:05   Link #4058
Kafriel
Senior Guest

You don't suppose Hades is talking about zodiac keys when he says he got another key to free Zeref...? Otherwise, Lucy's in a bit of trouble
On to the villain convo: yes, I had Zero in mind while writing that comment yesterday, and I'll also agree with Kaijo that sometimes villains can be well played with their own moral standards (Pain, Shishio, etc.) but I just don't think it would play out as well in the FT universe, because there hasn't been much moral talk, besides in the council.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 08:33   Link #4059
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
They don't have to be misunderstood, either. They can work for a goal that just puts them at cross-paths with the heroes. It requires a little more thinking (Nanoha A's Wolkenritter comes to mind), but it's doable. Or perhaps they do want to take over the world, just because they believe they can do a better job than the current rulers. Perhaps they need to consume in order to live, and thus that's why they are trying to kill everyone.

In My Otome, there was a certain aspect to the villains, in that they believed that technology should be shared with everyone, and that the current system wasn't good. There were still self-serving villains there, but they weren't completely evil.
All of which are perfect examples of misunderstood villains.

Though Zeref so far seems to be exactly that. A guy who just has the misfortune that everything he touches either dies or turns into an instrument of mass destruction (such as Lulaby and Deliora).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Not much else to comment on, although I'm hoping Levy stands up and fights, showing exactly why she has potential to be an S-class. I hate women who always have to be rescued.
Yeah, Levy is long due for a portion of the kicking ass. Sure, she had her moment of shine with her decoding and changing Fried's runes, but she was selected to be S-class above mages like Gajeel for a reason.

Quote:
You don't suppose Hades is talking about zodiac keys when he says he got another key to free Zeref...? Otherwise, Lucy's in a bit of trouble
Nah, in the earlier chapters the master of Hades said there were seven keys, Zodiac go to twelve.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 09:05   Link #4060
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Remember that Charle's premonition had Zeref with a 'serious face.' I think it strongly hints to what Hades mentioned of 'that which lies within Zeref.'

Besides, it's not that Zeref simply sucked away life. If that was the case, then he could simply choose to live in isolation, but he also created thousands of demons onto the world, and I highly doubt it was simply a case of Rita Repulsa "hey, I made this clay doll that looks like a demon and it became real!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yeah, Levy is long due for a portion of the kicking ass. Sure, she had her moment of shine with her decoding and changing Fried's runes, but she was selected to be S-class above mages like Gajeel for a reason.
Well, Gajeel's situation is probably because of his double agent status.

As for Jellal... I highly doubt Mashima is such an evil bastard that he'd subject Erza to another betrayal and manipulation by his hands. We've already been told, being the readers we are, that Urtear ( and Grimoire Heart ) was the one manipulating Jellal all along. That was his entire life purpose, which had been a complete lie. It'd be awkward to pull a triple tweest on this part, and it would had made his previous dilemma, tragedy and redemption somewhat pointless.... other than to have Erza in another fit of sadness and rage.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen