AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-14, 00:26   Link #101
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well, it seems Miki has been influencing Kamachi to put more "moe antics" on his series -___-;.
That's not it; he's inputting the moe vector to the program- In essence, teaching him how to use the tropes, not getting him to do more.

Obviously it's just one line played for fun.
Old 2012-08-14, 03:31   Link #102
desrtsku
Nympholept

Oh yeah, I just woke up and discovered the definition of "Love Comedy By Kamachi.exe" ... I feel bad for the future of Hamazura ...
Old 2012-08-14, 03:33   Link #103
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Oh yeah, I just woke up and discovered the definition of "Love Comedy By Kamachi.exe" ... I feel bad for the future of Hamazura ...
Love comedy- Where love is being made fun of
Old 2012-08-14, 03:52   Link #104
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by File 1
It might be fun to create different types of characters for different types of malware, like a download bar or a key logger.
This I very much approve, I wonder which would be the tsundere character?

Quote:
Originally Posted by File 2
Because this is a light novel, it led to an elf and a little girl who speaks like an old women, but in reality, it would probably lead to a mafia daughter or a beautiful investor. Then again, thinking you would find someone beautiful might be leaving the realm of reality…
Illusion = Destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by File 4
Also, having the protagonist be a perverted peeping tom of an old man who has no battle ability at all is more or less unheard of in light novels. That is something else I can only get away with in a short story.
Please keep it that way At the same time use more modern ninjas for Index.

Quote:
Originally Posted by File 7
There are various ways of making it immediately obvious that something is a creature from a different world. For example, you can add wings or horns. However, if you stray too far from the human form, you have struck a fatal blow to any moe aspects. The safest way to avoid that is to keep the overall form the same, but just shrink the size down. A convenient way to create that impact is by having the character look the same as a human but carrying out actions that humans do not do such as entering a shop through the cat door.
Man, you really need to think so hard about what is moe ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by File 9
While the corpse of a beauty seems wrong even in fiction, a beautiful ghost can be perfectly moe. How very strange.
That's because... Nvm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by File 10
In light novels, a beautiful upperclassman is the default sign of an amazing person. That is one of my favorite types of characters. But if you actually ran across a beautiful, glamorous, and skilled upperclassman who had never dated anyone before as if waiting for the protagonist, you would definitely assume there was something unpleasant about that upperclassman like a fruit covered in some kind of preservative. It is strange how the idea gains appeal when used in fiction.
I knew it. But at the same time

Illusion = Destroyed (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by File 12
It is exceedingly hard to make a series when your protagonist only does anything once a year.
Lol, that's a good point I didn't thought of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by File 13
I think demons have more appeal than angels as far as moe aspects go, but that may just be my subconscious desire for more revealing outfits. You see a lot of female demons, but female angels are a lot less common.
I knew it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by File 16
I’ve also thought of something like an inn set up one step away from the demon king’s castle. The inn would be reliant on the demon king not being defeated.
That actually sounds kinda interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by File 19
It might have been good to have the father at the end “transform” into a dandy company worker by putting on a toupee.
Well... Shit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by File 20
…I wonder if a local god really would view that as cheating?
I would like to think so too... And please don't use someone like Zeus for that =_=

Quote:
Originally Posted by File 21
I once mentioned that “~gozaru” was not moe to my editor, but he said it could be if it was a blonde foreign girl who mistook it for proper Japanese. I really had the scales fall from eyes there. …Maybe there is a way to use the fundoshi as well.
As expected of the Editor of Dengeki Bunko, the man knows his stuff.

Quote:
…If my ideas pile up enough again, I might make another one of these, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Anyway…

The next assignment is to research the water and soil that makes seeds grow.
What the Hell ?!
Old 2012-08-14, 03:54   Link #105
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What the Hell ?!
What's so strange about that? It is so much like him.
Old 2012-08-14, 04:51   Link #106
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Afterwords is out, [A Simple Survey] is now officially translated

*within the first 1 minute*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA....!!!
Makes me wonder if he got called out for writing one too many "un-moe" series.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-08-14, 05:22   Link #107
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
What's so strange about that? It is so much like him.
But it's so random I don't know what else to say

I mean, what's he going to do with this information ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Makes me wonder if he got called out for writing one too many "un-moe" series.
I don't know, i mean clearly he's capable of creating moe characters...

Does waltraude and intelvilla count as moe series?
Old 2012-08-15, 12:47   Link #108
s07195
However,

So I just decided to try this novel out, and holy... goodness. This must be some kind of depository for unused ideas or something. Apparently, I'm most compatible with Aisu.... Does that mean I like ecchi that much?

EDIT: So apparently I missed a question. And since I'm stuck between File 7 and File 21 on the list, I'm either most compatible with Aisu or Harumi.*shudders*

I don't really understand what Hotaru meant by grey fiction in her story. Is it basically a theory that the worlds are non-fiction, but the stories aren't true? And what is up with the girl with white hair, anyway. She was mentioned in Kozue's case, but I think that's it.

Why do I feel like I'm being trolled in as many ways as possible by Kamachi.exe? How is it even supposed to be moe and romcom anyways? x.x

EDIT2: Ab. busters probably stands for Abnormal busters. This seems to be a one common thread between Aisu's and Harumi's cases.
Spoiler for Quote from Aisu's case:

EDIT3: Just read afterword, and... I'll have to quote Chaos2Frozen (Can I just type Chaos from now on? I'm kinda lazy~) on this one.

Quote:
Afterwords is out, [A Simple Survey] is now officially translated

*within the first 1 minute*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA....!!!

Last edited by s07195; 2012-08-15 at 13:08.
Old 2012-08-15, 13:35   Link #109
Ashaman

Hotaru's theory is that though the stories appear as fiction, they are actual non-fiction.

Like a documentory.

Oh, and the white haired girl is mentioned in all 4 stories.
Old 2012-08-15, 16:53   Link #110
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Oh, and the white haired girl is mentioned in all 4 stories.
Yeah I was about to mention that- Who is she?! Kamachi's idea of Alma ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
So I just decided to try this novel out, and holy... goodness. This must be some kind of depository for unused ideas or something. Apparently, I'm most compatible with Aisu.... Does that mean I like ecchi that much?

EDIT: So apparently I missed a question. And since I'm stuck between File 7 and File 21 on the list, I'm either most compatible with Aisu or Harumi.*shudders*
Yes, these are basically Kamachi's left over ideas that he couldn't fit into his other stories.

And no It seems being compatible with Aisu means you're focused on the 'Questions and Decisions' of the survey, being compatible with Harumi means you question the people taking part in the survey... Or something like that.

C2F is fine as well.
Old 2012-08-15, 19:36   Link #111
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
I don't know, i mean clearly he's capable of creating moe characters...

Does waltraude and intelvilla count as moe series?
His characters are, but what they do isn't. And the plot too. If anything, I call Kamachi unable to do a story about cute characters doing cute things without making... things happen. I called his other works as "Stuff Happens The Novel/Manga/Anime Series (tm)."

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-08-15, 20:22   Link #112
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
His characters are, but what they do isn't.
You mean like getting beaten up?

Quote:
And the plot too. If anything, I call Kamachi unable to do a story about cute characters doing cute things without making... things happen. I called his other works as "Stuff Happens The Novel/Manga/Anime Series (tm)."
Well, he did just turned a collection of random side stories into an episode of the Twilight Zone...

(Technically, 4 episodes)
Old 2012-08-16, 07:15   Link #113
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
If anything, I call Kamachi unable to do a story about cute characters doing cute things without making... things happen.
That, that could actually make him the ideal writer that attracts both Type-As and Bs alike it's a gift from the Divine Beings!
Old 2012-08-16, 09:19   Link #114
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
That, that could actually make him the ideal writer that attracts both Type-As and Bs alike it's a gift from the Divine Beings!
Problem is Type-As don't like the slightest hint of a convoluted plot, and there's not enough quality fanservice bait to hold most of the Type-Bs.
Old 2012-08-16, 12:15   Link #115
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Problem is Type-As don't like the slightest hint of a convoluted plot
That's why I hate those guys ...
Quote:
and there's not enough quality fanservice bait to hold most of the Type-Bs.
Curse them!! Tch, not even giving support when the guy is trying hard to make his characters moe
Old 2012-10-07, 21:39   Link #116
kagato3

Quote:
This I very much approve, I wonder which would be the tsundere character?
The malware "anti Malware" programs. and the tool bar would deffently be a Dojikko maid.

Quote:
Yeah I was about to mention that- Who is she?! Kamachi's idea of Alma ?
I ended up with Hotaru

After reading all the endings I'm of the opinon that the WHG is the absurdity itself. Her apartment is ground zero for WTF central, her image is in every frame of the films, the phone that had her picture on it was the start of Anzai being drawn into the weirdness, she was stalking the halls of the person that needed to find Ab. Busters and lets not discount the picture where she seems to be warped or composed of the films themselves.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2012-10-07 at 21:51.
Old 2012-10-07, 23:03   Link #117
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
The malware "anti Malware" programs. and the tool bar would deffently be a Dojikko maid.
What do you think steam would be ?

Quote:
I ended up with Hotaru

After reading all the endings I'm of the opinon that the WHG is the absurdity itself. Her apartment is ground zero for WTF central, her image is in every frame of the films, the phone that had her picture on it was the start of Anzai being drawn into the weirdness, she was stalking the halls of the person that needed to find Ab. Busters and lets not discount the picture where she seems to be warped or composed of the films themselves.
Indeed, somehow the whole thing became an episode from the twilight zone.
Old 2012-12-28, 18:56   Link #118
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So erm, this sort of went under my radar yesterday... But remember that new sequel that Kamachi wrote in three days?

...Yeah, it's this one.

Quote:
簡単なモニターです

著/鎌池和馬 イラスト/葛西 心
これからやっていただくのは、とても簡単なことです。
どんなに小さなものでも構いません。
気づいたら記入をお願いします。無記入、無回答はなしです。
では、これよりモニターを開始します。
http://lightnoveldatematome.blog.fc2...entry-958.html

Scheduled for release in March 2013.

The illustrator changed from Haimura Kiyotaka to... Who the hell is this person?
Old 2012-12-28, 19:40   Link #119
tsunade666

^I like his Asuka/Evangelion drawings so its okay. Maybe his a new one? and a new simple survey. Isn't simple survey are left out ideas that aren't meant to be serialized. Does that mean he has lots of left out ideas already? he just released volume 1 and I thought it will take a lot more time to for another or I didn't hope for one at all.
Old 2012-12-28, 19:43   Link #120
Awrya
U mad?

Wait, isn't this the LN with weird ideas Kamachi had but couldn't use in his other LNs? And he wrote more weird stuff in 3 days? Sounds like he smoked some heavy stuff.

Will the side stories from Vol.1 continue or are they new ideas?