AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-02-02, 23:07   Link #7161
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

So she can make herself look younger?

I guess she has child-mode or something.
Old 2013-02-02, 23:30   Link #7162
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

or maybe she was a child using an adult mode the whole time o_o

*X-files music*

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 23:31   Link #7163
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

That will actually explain a lot of things.

Maybe even Cypha's giant boobs.
Old 2013-02-03, 00:10   Link #7164
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
But I don't think Yunno's power can be lethal. He makes shilds and back up speels, that is usefull but is not going to kill you with a healing spell or a shield.
... Really? Let see then.

Someone is flying full speed. Suddenly, a shield appears out of nowhere and they slam into it. That's one.

Forced teleportation. That's two.

Use the chain to rip them to multiple pieces, like he did that one time to one of Precia's drone. That's three.

Though we don't really know how the Hucks magic cancelling works, Number One and Two can be remotely useful against them if he plays right.

Quote:
Nah, the Huckebein use cheat codes he doesn't stand a chance Yasanagi.
Dude, the guy's the head of the Infinity Library. Where there's litteraly an unlimited number of books on magics. If he wanted to, he can outcheat anybody.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 00:12   Link #7165
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

No, he can't. Yuuno is good but he is not a comando. He is smart but he is not a genius. You are taking him a little too high really.
Old 2013-02-03, 00:29   Link #7166
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
No, he can't. Yuuno is good but he is not a comando. He is smart but he is not a genius. You are taking him a little too high really.
Actually, he somewhat IS a genius. Being the head of the Infinity Library at the age of 15 without a Device to help with all those calculations shows that.

I'm going to have to ask you something Sansker: DO you even LIKE anybody in Nanoha? Cause all I've see is you gripping about one character, downplay another, dismissing someone else, etc...
Old 2013-02-03, 00:34   Link #7167
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And as far as "being a commando" goes, let's keep in mind that Yuuno knows combat, and knows it pretty damn well. He's the main reason that Nanoha is as good a warrior as she is--most of her knowledge in magic and magical combat came from him.
Old 2013-02-03, 00:35   Link #7168
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

No, he is not a genius. At least no how I believe you imply he is. Smart? yes, but just because of that doesn't mean he can just know everything and best everyone. Look at Currern, idiot as she is and powerful as hell.

I do like Nanoha, Fate, Signum, Vita, Shamal, Hayate, Yuuno and even Chrono.

Just because I like them mean I can't see when we are taking them too far or that I will just nod to everything that makes them look good. I can rant about something and still enjoy it. Is just funnier to say it than just going around: this is awesome and I like to make jokes about it. Also I like to critic.
Old 2013-02-03, 00:36   Link #7169
Skane
Anime Snark

Frankly, the only thing preventing Yuuno from kicking gratuitous ass and taking names... is Yuuno himself. Guy's a nice guy. When you consider the feats he pulled off, especially in the second season, it's like he only fails because they keep throwing the "Idiot Ball" at him.

Natch.
Old 2013-02-03, 00:39   Link #7170
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well, people on this story always sabotage themselves in one way or the other.
Old 2013-02-03, 00:41   Link #7171
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Frankly, the only thing preventing Yuuno from kicking gratuitous ass and taking names... is Yuuno himself. Guy's a nice guy. When you consider the feats he pulled off, especially in the second season, it's like he only fails because they keep throwing the "Idiot Ball" at him.

Natch.
Or they kept putting him on the bus named Infinity Library.

Quote:
No, he is not a genius. At least no how I believe you imply he is. Smart? yes, but just because of that doesn't mean he can just know everything and best everyone. Look at Currern, idiot as she is and powerful as hell.
Never said he know everything and best everyone. Don't put words in my mouth.

See, ancient civilisations are his specialties. So it's bound to reason that he's better than many of them in that regard. And since a lot of ancient stuffs in Nanoha are a lot more hax than modern stuff, well isn't that far of a stretch to say that he can outcheat others? At least when it comes to the Hucks.
Old 2013-02-03, 00:44   Link #7172
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

One thing is knowing and the other being able to do something about it. He might know what the Huckebein can or can't do but that is not going to help him if they stab him in the chest with a Divider. I just say: Yuuno is great but he is not much of a figther.
Old 2013-02-03, 00:45   Link #7173
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Gears of Destiny and Nanoha disagree with you.
Old 2013-02-03, 00:48   Link #7174
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

A video game is not a good example. Is a videogame of course he has to fight. Nanoha says he is a great teacher not a great figther.
Old 2013-02-03, 00:55   Link #7175
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
A video game is not a good example. Is a videogame of course he has to fight. Nanoha says he is a great teacher not a great figther.
... How about the fact that he was holding his own against Vita at the start of A's?

Or his fight with Arf in the oriiginal series?

Simply put, he is a good fighter. He's just too much of a nice guy and a bookworm to be on the frontline.

And why is a video game not a good example? If anything, GoD gives us a better view of Yuuno's combat style and how effective he can be.
Old 2013-02-03, 01:00   Link #7176
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Because in a video game he needs to attack and his style if more play on defense a support. Like I say Yuuno is great and he can hold against others but I don't see him as too much of a figther and that doesn't make him less in any possible way. Yuuno is a good mage but his role always fall to offer support, that is why he get his ass handle to him by that thing in episode 1.
Old 2013-02-03, 01:09   Link #7177
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Because in a video game he needs to attack and his style if more play on defense a support. Like I say Yuuno is great and he can hold against others but I don't see him as too much of a figther and that doesn't make him less in any possible way. Yuuno is a good mage but his role always fall to offer support, that is why he get his ass handle to him by that thing in episode 1.
Dude, there are characters in video game that plays defensively. They make traps or use counters to make up for the fact that they don't use offense.

Like I said, his problems aren't his powers. It's his mindset. He's too much of a nice guy and a bookworm to be a fighter.

Also, you have to take into account the context of episode 1:
- He's alone, with no support whatsoever
- He's on an unadmistered world, with no money or food or anything.
- He just arrived from another world, and is most likely still tired from all that travelling. (He doesn't have a spaceship yet, so how he arrive is probably related to magic.)
With circumstances like that , can you call him a bad fighter because he falls in the 1st episode?
Old 2013-02-03, 01:23   Link #7178
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I didn't call him a bad figther, I just say he is not much of a figther. And in the videogame I saw Yuuno did have attacks.

My point still remains, he is not much of a figther. And he is not that powerful with his own magic. He is skill, I give you that, but he is not with the same mana pool like Nanoha or Hayate. Being by his mindset or his powers: he is not that much of a figther.
Old 2013-02-03, 01:23   Link #7179
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Dude, there are characters in video game that plays defensively. They make traps or use counters to make up for the fact that they don't use offense.

Like I said, his problems aren't his powers. It's his mindset. He's too much of a nice guy and a bookworm to be a fighter.

Also, you have to take into account the context of episode 1:
- He's alone, with no support whatsoever
- He's on an unadmistered world, with no money or food or anything.
- He just arrived from another world, and is most likely still tired from all that travelling. (He doesn't have a spaceship yet, so how he arrive is probably related to magic.)
With circumstances like that , can you call him a bad fighter because he falls in the 1st episode?
Never mind how that creature the Jewel Seed created was strong enough to break apart asphalt and concrete... we saw how much damage Nanoha took when Vita put her through a wall, the creature probably did the same to him with a lucky hit.
Old 2013-02-03, 01:33   Link #7180
Justin_Brett

Quote:
or maybe she was a child using an adult mode the whole time o_o
Oh my god, please no.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force