AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-19, 21:22   Link #21
Palom

Spoiler for My real guess:

Spoiler for What I want to happen:
Palom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 19:25   Link #22
Romanticide

The Bakemonogatari site has updated with the new title for the Second Season -
Spoiler for title:
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 20:46   Link #23
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
The Bakemonogatari site has updated with the new title for the Second Season -
Spoiler for title:
I see Kuro is there as well.

3 cour! 3 cour! 3 cour!

Truthfully I wanted another grand reveal like what Nisemonogatari had last year. I'm talking about seiyu interviews, PVs, and all the jazz.

If this whole season is project 5 of Nisio anime project and the last season is project 6 then we still have 3 other projects before the 10th original project.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 20:58   Link #24
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
3 cour! 3 cour! 3 cour!
I think you are setting yourself up for major disappointment.

Quote:
If this whole season is project 5 of Nisio anime project and the last season is project 6 then we still have 3 other projects before the 10th original project.
They had said before that they weren't counting the Kuro novel (even if it's included in this montage now), so this collection may very well count for two or more. It all depends on the way they were counting things at the time they made the tentative statement. In any case, like all vague comments, it shouldn't be taken as gospel; it's always subject to change.
Old 2012-04-24, 02:13   Link #25
Shikijin

Quote:
I see Kuro is there as well.

3 cour! 3 cour! 3 cour!
Most likely it means most of the novels will be adapted with just 3 episodes
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 10:35   Link #26
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Zenmonogatari is a surprisingly misleading title!
Since it doesn't include Tsubasa Family and the finale trilogy.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 14:12   Link #27
Shadow5YA

Six novels in a two-cour season, especially Nisio novels?

I'm not sure how Shaft is going to fit all that content in...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 14:19   Link #28
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

walls and walls of text
Old 2012-04-27, 07:14   Link #29
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

Very fast talking.
Old 2012-04-28, 10:54   Link #30
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think you are setting yourself up for major disappointment.
I doubt that, I'm not too sure which side is setting themselves up for a bigger disappointment. On one hand, we have novel readers who already prepare themselves for a loosely adaptation and have general idea of what might be left out from the adaptation, on the other hand, anime only fans know nothing about the later novels and thus form various expectations in their own mind but have no idea how things will turn out.

I have to agree with Omimon though even if it's a wishful thinking. 3 cour sounds like better pacing for 5 Monogatari books eventhough I haven't read latter novels, but I will settle with 2 cour because really, do we have any choice in the matter? Things could turn out far worse than what we got here if other studio besides Shaft gets to adapt Monogatari Series. For me at least, it's better to look at glass as half full than half empty. Frankly speaking, I do hope Shaft could pull off the same thing as Bake and have extra episodes on webcast.

Last edited by teja208; 2012-04-28 at 11:41.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 14:09   Link #31
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I have to agree with Omimon though even if it's a wishful thinking. 3 cour sounds like better pacing for 5 Monogatari books
It's 6 books (unless they include even Kuro, which would then be 7 books). 39 episode per 6 books would mean 6,5 episodes per book. And people complained Karen Bee felt bloated with 7 episodes.

Personally I still think the Monogatari series could be better adapted with movies or at least ovas. Splitting a book in 20 minutes segments may ruin the pace of the story. Well, at least I still have high hopes for Kizumonogatari
Quote:
Things could turn out far worse than what we got here if other studio besides Shaft gets to adapt Monogatari Series.
Once I hear this argument things start to look very bleak, even though I can agree
Quote:
Frankly speaking, I do hope Shaft could pull off the same thing as Bake and have extra episodes on webcast.
Thinking about it, the reason there were extra episodes could have been because in the beginning Shaft actually planned Mayoi Snail and Suruga Monkey to last only two episodes. It's either that or something unexpected happened with the time slots.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 05:06   Link #32
Westlo
Lets be reality

Don't know why Aniplex/SHAFT would settle for 2 cour, seems like a lot of money being throw away... especially when the inferior Nisemonogatari will avg around 60k.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:17   Link #33
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
And people complained Karen Bee felt bloated with 7 episodes.
And Tsukihi Phoenix was rushed.
There just wasn't... a lot happening in Karen Bee.
Old 2012-05-01, 23:29   Link #34
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Don't know why Aniplex/SHAFT would settle for 2 cour, seems like a lot of money being throw away... especially when the inferior Nisemonogatari will avg around 60k.
I think it's because they know the magic won't last forever and just continuing to do season after season will take forever. There's a marked trend that subsequent seasons almost always suffer from "sales rot" regardless of perceived quality (since it isn't the "new shiny" any more). Plus, even the two-cour show would leave the last set of novels, which they could either do as another TV show or perhaps three movies. Although it's probably tempting at this point to think they can keep on milking the franchise forever, I can see why they feel it's safer to keep the ball rolling rather quickly at this point.
Old 2012-05-02, 02:26   Link #35
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Isn't Nisemonogatari doing better than Bake in sales already though?

You'd think the wisest move if they want to keep public awareness of the franchise would be to do three cours but air one cour at a time with breaks.
Old 2012-05-02, 02:33   Link #36
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Liked Nisemonogatari, LOVED Bakemonogatari. I'm sincerely hoping Kizu and Zen fall into the latter category.
Old 2012-05-02, 04:07   Link #37
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Isn't Nisemonogatari doing better than Bake in sales already though?
Nah, Bakemonogatari will end up with higher sales, despite the first week comparison. There was a supply constraint when Bakemonogatari first came out that was resolved over the subsequent weeks, so it took longer to get to its total (and the constrained supply may have even helped demand in a way). In any case, the new series will likely end up with about a 15-20% drop, which is rather common for sequels. It's nothing the producers will be at all worried about, of course, since it's still likely to be the best-selling TV anime of the year.
Old 2012-05-02, 05:24   Link #38
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think it's because they know the magic won't last forever and just continuing to do season after season will take forever. There's a marked trend that subsequent seasons almost always suffer from "sales rot" regardless of perceived quality (since it isn't the "new shiny" any more). Plus, even the two-cour show would leave the last set of novels, which they could either do as another TV show or perhaps three movies. Although it's probably tempting at this point to think they can keep on milking the franchise forever, I can see why they feel it's safer to keep the ball rolling rather quickly at this point.
The thing is.. even a Monoatari without the "magic" will probably still outsell every other SHAFT anime not named Madoka... and that's ignoring that the content of Zenmongatari is actually good unlike Nise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
You'd think the wisest move if they want to keep public awareness of the franchise would be to do three cours but air one cour at a time with breaks.
That's what I'll like to see... 1 cour on, 1 cour off, 1 cour on etc.... and they can go with 10 episodes or 13 episodes depending on what they cover really..

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Liked Nisemonogatari, LOVED Bakemonogatari. I'm sincerely hoping Kizu and Zen fall into the latter category.
Nise is regarded as the weakest link in the franchise, Kizu is considered one of the best if not the best.... Zen's novels are quite strong too.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 10:50   Link #39
lolzorz

One thing is, how are they going to deal with the chronology of the series? The timeskips here and there make it slightly difficult to make the transition to anime media if it follows novel publishing order, but it seems almost necessary here.
lolzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 16:02   Link #40
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolzorz View Post
One thing is, how are they going to deal with the chronology of the series? The timeskips here and there make it slightly difficult to make the transition to anime media if it follows novel publishing order, but it seems almost necessary here.
I don't know anything about the novels, and this is a spoiler-free thread so can't be discussed in detail, but I suppose one benefit/possibility of adapting a whole bunch of novels in a single show would be (I suppose) that they could tweak the chronology if they want to. For example, they could put things in order rather than jumping around. In that sense, it could make sense to see them as a "whole" rather than as individual parts. ...Then again, like I said, I don't know the novels so maybe that doesn't make sense.