AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-01, 21:52   Link #121
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Oh well it's the New World afterall, and the major powers are on the move... So having more Admirals could be necessary

And I think it's too early for a Power Up, since we haven't seen the crew struggle in a battle (being handicapped doesn't really count). We're still not fully aware of their capacity.
Old 2013-03-02, 00:45   Link #122
unameit

I always think luffy would be the one that beat up akainu given their history.. If he eats ace power then it would be fitting.. People who say no reason for luffy to get fire based DF then they are lacking imagination..

As soon as blackbeard managed to have 2 df, I assume luffy would get it and the appearance of mera-mera fruit just edging closer to that assumption.. Personally I have seen luffy went all out when he was trying to destroy that ark so giving him another set of power would widen his ability which only will make a lil bit of sense for him to deal with the real bad-ass enemy (most of them are logia and incredible haki user) so wouldn't it be too stretch for mere paramecia to go against them??

He won't become overpower overnight, he's not a genius, it will take some time for him to adjust..
Old 2013-03-02, 03:20   Link #123
marvelB

^Well, if it's about putting powerful marine officers in charge of the other blue seas, then we've got the vice-admirals for that! Like remember how East Blue was under Garp's jurisdiction before the skip? Well, a similar system like that could be set in place for the rest of the world's oceans.
Old 2013-03-02, 03:30   Link #124
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Even so, I still find it rather odd that even you're supporting the whole "Logia for Straw-Hat" thing considering all the past debates we had over the crew's current strength. If you were already under the impression that the monster trio were admiral/yonkou level, then wouldn't you agree that it would be kind of going overboard for one of them would get a new power-up so soon after their training (and again, putting into consideration that all three of them have at least one heat-based technique in their arsenal already)? Maybe it's just me, but I just can't find any good reason for them to take Ace's old ability (aside from keeping it out of enemy hands, like I mentioned earlier).....
^Nature of War
My thinking is the changing battlefield. After Black Beards little show, everyone is looking for loop wholes in the devil fruits. Certain types of Devil fruits like Zoan can be massed produced in SAD. Black Beard is trying scouring the lands for powerful Devil fruits to collect and Kaidou is making his. CC was able to recapture the devil fruit after his experiment died. Then there is Vega Punk's theory. The whole Punk Hazard Arch was scratching only the surface of Vega Punks research. What have the WG been doing over the two years? The battle field is changing from trench war to blitzkrieg war.

Odds thing again
Also about the whole odds things from my other comment. This is has good has its going to get for the straw hats (if Luffy discovers the existence of his Brother's fruit). Second I don't mind the idea about Luffy having Mera Mera No Mi(Or Zoro). I never thought Oda would ever make it possible so why comment about it, if it was never going to happen? It is almost like Oda let the punk hazard arch explain some of the mystery behind the devil fruit. Then when he goes to the Dressrosa Arch, he changes things up. I also feel Luffy has really maxed out his devil fruit potential. Will his moves get stronger and better with age? Yes but, it almost seems like it will only be a repeats, just bigger and stronger. Finally curiosity, there are a lot of question to be answered and if Luffy or some other devil fruit user eats the Mera Mera No Mi hopefully it will answer some of them. The big question is who is going to get the fruit? Will it be marine's Fuijitora, Straw Hats, surprise guess, or will Daflamingo retain it?
Old 2013-03-02, 04:37   Link #125
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Like I mentioned before: It would be very logical for Akainu to increase the numbers of Admirals in a way, that he can assign one for each ocean as admiral in charge.
Therefore, IMHO there should be at least six admirals now (one for each of the four … Blue's and one for each half of the Grand Line). Maybe an additional one or two admirals to help out if there is a need at a special location.
Rather a waste of power to stick someone as powerful as an admiral in the 4 blue seas. Nearly everyone who is out in the blue seas is a weakling compared to those that thrive in the grandline. They are mostly just pirates who are starting out. Every REAL pirate however is atleast in the grandline if not in the new world. THAT's where the powers of the admirals are needed. Like Marvel said, a single VA is more than enough to handle whatever's in the each of the blue seas.

Thoguh even if the Nue theory is correct, i might think Oda might skip over the tanuki and just make the third guy a snake, to keep the old guard of 3 admirals.
Old 2013-03-02, 20:05   Link #126
marvelB

Looks like I'm once again in the minority here, but if there is a Nue-inspired admiral team then I'm looking forward to the tanuki guy the most. I dare anyone to tell me that it wouldn't be badass to see a marine who literally crushes his enemies with his oversized nutsack.
Old 2013-03-02, 21:14   Link #127
james0246

^We all know how interested you are in nutsacks, but I would prefer a tiny Kaidou to a newly introduced tanuki Admiral (i.e. if I had to choose between a weird Admiral and a weird Yonkou, I would prefer the weird Yonkou).

Last edited by james0246; 2013-03-03 at 11:48.
Old 2013-03-03, 16:02   Link #128
marvelB

^You know, after having checked out the latest SBS corner, I wonder what the WG would think of Law if he sent them 100 pirate's nutsacks rather than hearts?
Old 2013-03-04, 18:53   Link #129
Undertaker

Probably just as happy, no more worry about sons or daughters carrying the pirate blood...
Old 2013-03-05, 04:43   Link #130
Undertaker

...Franky can vouch for that...
Old 2013-03-05, 10:37   Link #131
comicbookboy

ok tell me what ya think...

gol.d. roger said to silver reilgh that he wont die...hmm i think one piece is a tresure that allows the person to be reincarnated,i believe luffy is the reincarnation of roger thats why roger and luffy act the same in a way...but the only people that can find one piece are people with the will of D! what luffy is doing is the same thing roger did,when you get reincarnated by one piece all memry is lost all the person has is the same will as before! err thats about it lol
Old 2013-03-05, 11:37   Link #132
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Luffy being Roger's reincarnation is a theory that cannot be easily refuted. Any arguments against it merely point out the possibility that he isn't.

Illogical stubbornness is something inherent to those who inherit the Will of D though, not just Roger/Luffy.

That being said, until proven otherwise, I will continue to find it highly unlikely that the Gum Gum ability was originally Roger's.
Old 2013-03-05, 11:59   Link #133
james0246

It would be kind of sad if Luffy was Roger reborn and he still couldn't save Ace. To have a brother and a son die? That seems pretty awful, at least for current events (the past has always been depicted as being worse than the present).

That being said, it doesn't really add anything to the story to have Luffy be the reincarnation of Roger. In fact, it could potentially detract from what little character development there is in the series if Luffy was simply repeating the actions of the past.
Old 2013-03-05, 13:51   Link #134
golgo13

Regarding Roger and Luffy and the Will of D.

Whitebeard said something interesting before dying:

"The man Roger was waiting for...Was not you.."

Luffy may well inherit Rogers will. So what Roger wanted to do and couldn't, Luffy may well begin. As for being reincarnation that seems different.

I believe the Will of D are descendants from the ancient kingdom defeated during the void century and that the name of the ancient kingdom was the Kingodom of D or something like that.

Last edited by golgo13; 2013-03-05 at 13:52. Reason: grammar
Old 2013-03-05, 19:12   Link #135
Kona
Banned

Didn't somebody here say that Doflamingos base would be in Wano?
Old 2013-03-05, 20:14   Link #136
Undertaker

Wow, you really wanted to bait me into another of your b@#crap don't you...

It was a theory based on what we had at time, besides Oda filled in the missing link exactly as I mentioned as Kinemon and Momonosuke were shipwreck during a journey.

Besides, Kinemon still haven't mentioned why they are heading to Zo or why they were being chased by Dofla's men.

But that's all I going to say to reply to that bait, because I should know by now what this could lead into...
Old 2013-03-05, 22:48   Link #137
marvelB

Uh, wow. I kinda wasn't expecting anyone to follow up on my silly little nutsack joke, but lo and behold.

Anyways, spoilers (and of course, the new thread) should be out in a couple hours' time.....

Edit: 701 thread is up!

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-03-06 at 01:30.
Old 2013-03-09, 08:51   Link #138
comicbookboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It would be kind of sad if Luffy was Roger reborn and he still couldn't save Ace. To have a brother and a son die? That seems pretty awful, at least for current events (the past has always been depicted as being worse than the present).

That being said, it doesn't really add anything to the story to have Luffy be the reincarnation of Roger. In fact, it could potentially detract from what little character development there is in the series if Luffy was simply repeating the actions of the past.
repeating the past...all over again with no knowledge of having done it b4...only the will to want to do it again...so far luffy as done everything the way roger done b4...new bad guys...garp = coby....i bet luffy gets his own shanks wabby on deck that he will teach...then find one piece and do it again...i bet even shanks has the will of d to the point where i think he is a bad guy on the sly..waiting for luffy to find one piece just to see if roger was telling the truth...ONE PIECE kills you but brings you back some how with no knowledge just the will to carry on
Closed Thread