AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-08, 12:10   Link #841
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I've recently read Beauty and Sadness, if that's the title you mean, and I do think it belongs to one of the world's masterpieces of literature. It's worse than the perfidy and treachery of KgNE, however - although pretty much open to much interpretation, if Sakami really loved that guy ... wow, it would have been hell for her.

Osamu Dazai had one of his works made into an anime but I never saw any raws, let alone subs. He was a contemporary of Kawabata and his popular works were The Setting Sun and No Longer Human.

I won't mind if someone translated Patriotism by Mishima into an animated medium. Yes, I know I'm just dreaming.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 13:07   Link #842
Rosepetal

Quote:
More Western Fantasy Gets Anime Adaptation
Piers Anthony, writer of the Xanth series, mentioned at the end of this newsletter that his Split Infinity novels will be getting an anime adaptation. More information on the series can be found at wikipedia. Thanks to Daniel Zelter for the news.
I can't wait for this!! I love the Split Infinity series and think that turning it into an anime would be great. Good thing I kept the paperbacks, since now I'll have to reread the series, as it's been several years since I'd read them last.
Rosepetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 13:10   Link #843
NeoSam

And another anime got announced an originally kinetic novel that got 3 male oriented light novels is getting an anime, but what is getting an anime >.< the original game ? or the light novel? and if its the light novel, what light novel will it be ? the Crimson version (the main version) light novels? or the White version light novel ? or the Black version light novels ?

Even though the main Crimson light novels look pretty moe~ >.< but I want the Black version to get animated >.< the main bishoujo looks so cute >.< and very loli :P

==========

神曲奏界ポリフォニカ
Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica

Originally a Kinetic Novel (a type of a visual novel).

What is a Kinetic Novel?

Taken from Wikipedia:

Quote:
Kinetic Novels, which are notable for being an experiment in online content distribution. Most of these fall into the completely linear category, lacking any choices at all; as a result, some fans have begun using the term to describe other non-interactive titles.
The company that made the game: ocelot

Site of the company:
http://ocelot.product.co.jp/

Site of the game:
http://ocelot.product.co.jp/products...olyphonica.htm

The game is written by the best seller writer; Sakaki Ichiro (the author of the shounen(boy's) light novel Scrapped Princess)

There are also 3 light novels based on the game.

The Crimson series of light novels, the White series of light novels, and the Black version of the light novels.

The three version of light novels are written and illustrated by different authors/illustrators.

All the light novels (Crimson, White and Black versions) are published under the GA Bunko light novel label; which is a male oriented label aimed at boys from their teens to young men in their twenties.

The Crimson version of the light novels.
For now there are 4 volumes released of this light novel.
Here are the covers:

The White version of the light novels.
For now there is 1 volume released of this light novel.
Here are the covers:

The Black version of the light novels.
For now there are 2 volumes released of this light novel.
Here are the covers:

The Crimson version is the main novel series.

Genre: Shounen/Seinen

==========
Old 2006-10-09, 14:56   Link #844
NeoSam

And another anime I forgot to mention :P

From AnimeNation:

Quote:
Summon Night Anime Announced
The official Japanese Summon Night homepage has announced that an anime series titled "Summon Night TV" will premier for viewing on the Japanese GyaO multimedia website on October 16th. Access to most video hosted on GyaO is limited to Japanese IP addresses only. The new anime may tie in to the Summon Night 4 Playstation 2 RPG that's scheduled for release on November 30th.

Source: Moon Phase
Old 2006-10-09, 15:21   Link #845
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Physics: Yeah, Beauty and Sadness is the one I had in mind. It's a haunting story, and it was quite a ride reading it (despite the short length). I do agree that it's a truly fantastic novel. Kawabata didn't get that Nobel Prize for nothing!

And I think remembering hearing about that Dazai anime somewhere... the adaptation is really old though, right?
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 18:56   Link #846
NeoSam

And more about the Split Infinity anime:

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Split Infinity Anime Will Be American Co-Production
Daniel Zelter writes in mentioning he contacted English fantasy author Piers Anthony by e-mail on the possible format of the forthcoming anime adaptation his Split Infinity novel and recieved the following reply:
"It seems to be an American company supervising the Anime and I don't know how they are doing it. In fact I don't know the company; the contract is obscure, at least to my eyes. So I am simply waiting to see what results."

Split Infinity is published by Del Ray.
Old 2006-10-10, 10:13   Link #847
NeoSam

The official website for Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica anime has opened:

http://www.polyphonica.tv/

Broadcast: 2007

Genre: Shounen/Seinen, Fantasy, Romance
Old 2006-10-11, 04:35   Link #848
NeoSam

I sure don't want to mention this in three threads, so I'll mention this here :P

From ComiPress:

Quote:
Official Site of Shakugan no Shana, Inukami!, and Kino no Tabi Movies Opens

Movies of three of Media Work's shounen light novels will be released in April 2007.

Kino no Tabi (second movie)
Shakugan no SHANA
Inukami!

The official website for the three movies has been opened: www.dengekibunko-movie.com
Old 2006-10-11, 11:19   Link #849
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

@FighterVolk

I searched this thread for my post on an anime based on a work by Osamu Dazai, and here it is: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=448. It is a relatively new anime series, though - it just wasn't popular with the cappers or with the hardcore anime fandom in general to care about it, I guess.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 20:07   Link #850
NeoSam

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
New Bikkuriman Anime Site Opens
Toei Animation launched their official website for the upcoming Happy Lucky Bikkuriman at www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/h-l-bikkuri/
Old 2006-10-16, 02:15   Link #851
NeoSam

The site for Tokyo Majin Gakuen anime (which got mentioned in this post) has opened:

http://www.majin.tv/
Old 2006-10-16, 20:20   Link #852
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Is this old news, or not confirmed enough?

From http://www.animenewsservice.com/archives/octx.htm

New info is out on the progression of the Lucky Star Anime project in Japan. Yoshimizu Kagami's 4-panel Seinen / Comedy / Moe genre manga (which serializes within the pages of Comptiq and other magazines) will be adapted to an anime TV series to begin Japanese broadcast in the spring of 2007. 3 collected manga volumes are currently on the market. Confirmed staff include Director Yutaka Yamamoto (Haruhi Suzumiya), Series Composition by Machida Douko, Chara Design by Horiguchi Yukiko (Haruhi Suzumiya), Animation by Kyoto Animation, Production by Lucky Star Paradise. Following their work on Kanon and Haruhi Suzumiya, fan favorite studio Kyoto Animation's attachment to this project confirms a long standing rumor that a tight partnership exists between them and Kadokawa

EDITED to add: duh, thread is here

Last edited by Agent86; 2006-10-16 at 20:31.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 07:23   Link #853
NeoSam

A To Heart 2 OVA

To Heart 2 ~Another Days~

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
New To Heart 2 OVA Series Announced
Following the Fall, 2005 broadcast of a TV animation, AquaPlus has announced a new To Heart 2 OVA series. Three volumes will comprise the release set for distribution this winter. Confirmed staff include charachter designer Yanagisawa Masahide (Rurouni Kenshin OVA, Bottle Fairy), Katsura Kenichirou (Imortal Grand Prix) and Kato Yasuhisa (Azumanga Daioh). Content is uncertain at this time but if the the videogame series by Leaf (which recently got an "X-Rated Version") is anything to go by, the medium of Original Video Animation could allow for decidedly greater artistic freedoms. On the game side Leaf is currently preparing the tentatively titled "ToHeart2 Anaza-Deizu". To Heart originally debuted as a hentai visual novel love adventure for PC in 1997.
And two new movies >.<

Quote:
New Mushiking - Love & Berry Films Announced
Sega Japan has announced new anime movies based on it's domestically successful children's trading card / videogame series Mushiking and Love & Berry. Nationwide release in Japanese theaters is set for spring vacation, 2007. The last Mushiking film was released in December, 2006. For the new work Sega says they are completely "changing the story and outlook on the world versus past works". First hitting the market in 2003, Mushiking card sales have exceeded 398 million pieces in total as of the end of September, 2006. For the girl's dress up focused "Fashionable Witch Love & Berry" however, this will be the first outing in as an animation. This series has sold 207 million card pieces in total as the end of September. Shochiku Ltd. will distribute both movies.
Old 2006-10-19, 07:56   Link #854
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I remember hearing about more ToHeart2 goodness planning to happen. OVA's work out a lot better compared to another 12/13 episode series, i wonder which way they plan to go..

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-10-19 at 08:11.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 08:47   Link #855
NeoSam

Yeah, I also mentioned about the planning for another To Heart 2 anime somewhere in this thread.

I don't think I mentioned this:

CATBLUE:DYNAMITE

Broadcast: 22/12/2006

http://anime.goo.ne.jp/special/cat/

3D CG anime.
Old 2006-10-19, 09:19   Link #856
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Yeah, I also mentioned about the planning for another To Heart 2 anime somewhere in this thread.

I don't think I mentioned this:

CATBLUE:DYNAMITE

Broadcast: 22/12/2006

http://anime.goo.ne.jp/special/cat/

3D CG anime.

Awesome, it's already dubbed in English! I wonder who the voice actors are.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 10:50   Link #857
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The official website for Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica anime has opened:

http://www.polyphonica.tv/

Broadcast: 2007

Genre: Shounen/Seinen, Fantasy, Romance
Is this the same series that insani made a TLed demo of?
Link to the Insani demo

My interest was piqued because of the demo, but since it was just a sample, it was too short. This turning into a full fledged series is good news for me, since I'd get to know some more of the plot~
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 11:53   Link #858
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Is this the same series that insani made a TLed demo of?
Link to the Insani demo

My interest was piqued because of the demo, but since it was just a sample, it was too short. This turning into a full fledged series is good news for me, since I'd get to know some more of the plot~
Yes, thats it great to see the game demo translated

Thanks for the info
Old 2006-10-20, 15:30   Link #859
NeoSam

The official site for Rocket Girl anime has opened:

http://www.rocket-girl.jp/

Genre: Shounen, Sci-Fi
Old 2006-10-22, 15:18   Link #860
NeoSam

So Yay Yay Yay look whats getting animated

From ComiPress:

Quote:
Nagasarete Airantou to be Animated
According to Square Enix, Nagasarete Airantou by Takeshi Fujishiro will be adapted into an Anime in 2007. Nagasarete Airantou is currently serialized in Monthly Shounen GanGan.
====================

ながされて藍蘭島
Nagasarete Airantou

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the shounen manga magazine Shounen GanGan.
For now there are 9 volumes released of this manga.
here are the covers:

Volume 1 has a regular edition and a limited edition:

Volume 1:

Volume 1 limited edition:

Volume 2,3,4:

Volume 5 has a regular edition and a limited edition:

Volume 5:

Volume 5 limited edition:

Volume 6,7,8,9:

Other stuff:

Nagasarete Airantou novel:

Nagasarete Airantou perfect guidebook:

Nagasarete Airantou postcard book:

Info from Manganews:

Quote:
Touhouin Ikuto runs away from home at the age of 14 and jumps onboard a ship. He falls off into the ocean and drifts for 5 days until he is swept up in an storm. He wakes up on Airantou, an isolated island inhabited, coincidentally, by girls roughly his age who have never seen a boy before. After being thwarted in his atempt to escape by the fierce whirlpools that surround the island, he decides to accept his fate and remain. One boy to an island of girls? Let the fighting -- err, I mean fun, begin!
Genre: Shounen, Comedy

The manga is not licensed and its available from AT-Translations group.

====================

Edit:

oops there are 9 volumes available now, volume 9 was added

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-10-23 at 18:40. Reason: 9 volumes are available now :)
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers