AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2008-10-10, 02:13   Link #581
iceyfw

I've been keeping my eye on this for a long time. I just skimmed through some chapters to find some real plots and I look forward to the "Dragon Feast" and as to why all(?) of the dragons disappeared the same day from humanities view. Of course there is the matter of Wendy too.

Last edited by iceyfw; 2008-10-10 at 03:02.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 05:53   Link #582
MooMooFarm

Been busy, but whoever the hell was arguing with me defending FT for his life, know that while I still think you are wrong about whatever the heck we were talking about, the chapters starting after our talks to until now have been far more productive than the entire tower arc. I mean like, comparing to WSJ series, FT beats out Bleach and Naruto BY FAR except maybe the last 2 weeks for Naruto, tying it.

Luxus got knocked down :[ though, and here I thought he'd be the most awesome. He's just big talk, destined to be owned by Natsu.

And while One Piece is good because they can bring a polished cookie cutter, it's still a damn cookie cutter. FT's peaceful chapters this time are much much better and very refreshing. Though their attempts at showing new members and what not still fail.

Most importantly, even if they won't completely address it, they at least say it out loud, WHO WOULD WIN OUT OF THE SUPER MAGES IN A BRAWL? No other shonen weekly series so far had the balls to go for this.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 08:11   Link #583
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
And while One Piece is good because they can bring a polished cookie cutter, it's still a damn cookie cutter. FT's peaceful chapters this time are much much better and very refreshing. Though their attempts at showing new members and what not still fail.
Wait till FT gets to chapter 500 before comparing it to One Piece. So far it's been pretty good and fast-paced and intriguing, but eventually it could also reach its "Enies Lobby" equivalent.
Old 2008-10-10, 09:48   Link #584
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Wait till FT gets to chapter 500 before comparing it to One Piece. So far it's been pretty good and fast-paced and intriguing, but eventually it could also reach its "Enies Lobby" equivalent.
No one said FT won't surpass OP. But to always compare Chapter X to Chapter X instead of Chapter NOW to Chapter NOW is stupid. Fact is, WSJ and other manga companies base on the success of NOW, not later. Any manga that can reach 500 obviously already PROVED itself long ago that they have the readers to keep themselves in the running. You can't just GIVE a manga a 500 chapter shot at TRYING to become better, because you have no idea if all of a sudden it just plain SUCKS or if they cancel it. Look at Mx0. By FAR the most promising manga to be canceled bar none. Yet it still got canceled. Nothing is safe. You prove yourself WEEKLY, each and every time, not OH JUST WAIT AWHILE AND SEE WHERE IT GOES.

People like you are the kind of people who go "Oh if you let me have the same amount of time to work on a computer OS and catch up to Bill Gates, I too can make something as good as Windows" no no no you don't GET that kind of chance in real life. You get the time that is presented to you NOW. Mangas that are AHEAD of you EARNED their spots because they started BEFORE YOU. Those 400 chapters they are ahead of you show that they were at a 400 chapter HANDICAP where you COULD HAVE prepared better. Do we care if a NEW company making cars just goes "Give us ten years man, we will make our cars as good as honda!" NO we do not, we go screw you and buy a honda instead of something made in mexico that doesn't even run 10 km.

Which is why I'm clapping my hands this time and not bitching like the Gerard arc. This time it's good, it's interesting, I actually want to read on. Another thing to note is the details ever since the Igneel chapter have gone up lots. Igneel got the crappiest of all craps, and basically was drawn by a ten year old, but Zeref's chapter, and even the full body shot of Luxus was done very well. These few weeks, the art quality and the technique of making a certain character look awesome in full body shots or two pagers belongs to FT, not OP. Naruto and Bleach don't even compare, since it's just same old same old, though Naruto is more awesome than Bleach this week as well.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 02:25   Link #585
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
No one said FT won't surpass OP. But to always compare Chapter X to Chapter X instead of Chapter NOW to Chapter NOW is stupid. Fact is, WSJ and other manga companies base on the success of NOW, not later. Any manga that can reach 500 obviously already PROVED itself long ago that they have the readers to keep themselves in the running. You can't just GIVE a manga a 500 chapter shot at TRYING to become better, because you have no idea if all of a sudden it just plain SUCKS or if they cancel it. Look at Mx0. By FAR the most promising manga to be canceled bar none. Yet it still got canceled. Nothing is safe. You prove yourself WEEKLY, each and every time, not OH JUST WAIT AWHILE AND SEE WHERE IT GOES.

People like you are the kind of people who go "Oh if you let me have the same amount of time to work on a computer OS and catch up to Bill Gates, I too can make something as good as Windows" no no no you don't GET that kind of chance in real life. You get the time that is presented to you NOW. Mangas that are AHEAD of you EARNED their spots because they started BEFORE YOU. Those 400 chapters they are ahead of you show that they were at a 400 chapter HANDICAP where you COULD HAVE prepared better. Do we care if a NEW company making cars just goes "Give us ten years man, we will make our cars as good as honda!" NO we do not, we go screw you and buy a honda instead of something made in mexico that doesn't even run 10 km.

Which is why I'm clapping my hands this time and not bitching like the Gerard arc. This time it's good, it's interesting, I actually want to read on. Another thing to note is the details ever since the Igneel chapter have gone up lots. Igneel got the crappiest of all craps, and basically was drawn by a ten year old, but Zeref's chapter, and even the full body shot of Luxus was done very well. These few weeks, the art quality and the technique of making a certain character look awesome in full body shots or two pagers belongs to FT, not OP. Naruto and Bleach don't even compare, since it's just same old same old, though Naruto is more awesome than Bleach this week as well.
Relax, I just don't like it when people say some newly introduced manga is so much better than veterans like Naruto/Bleach/OP who have become boring. People have forgotten how they felt about those three when they were just starting. The fact is, it's hard to constantly come up with new ideas, so the fact that One Piece can still be great (IMHO) after 500 chapters is a testament to its worth.

Like I said, I really like Fairy Tail so far, but I still think it's a little early to say it's better than the big 3.
Old 2008-10-14, 10:44   Link #586
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Spoiler for #107:
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 10:48   Link #587
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Natsu's back to his old self? I don't know if that's a good thjing or a bad thing

aw hell, it's a good thing. After all, who doesn't like to see him destroy things as he beats the baddies?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 13:45   Link #588
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Drunk Girl = Kana? And Miss Fairy Tail...Ezra has to be in the top three each year, anything less is just
Old 2008-10-14, 14:50   Link #589
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

nice statues o.ob

and One Piece boring? wow. insanity pure.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 15:30   Link #590
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Natsu's back to his old self? I don't know if that's a good thjing or a bad thing

aw hell, it's a good thing. After all, who doesn't like to see him destroy things as he beats the baddies?
Hell yeah, it is a good thing.
It's always fun to see him rampage out of control and kick the bad guys' asses.
Old 2008-10-16, 05:25   Link #591
TrueKnight

Chapter 107 is out,

Spoiler:
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 05:45   Link #592
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Chapter 107 is out,

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-16, 08:38   Link #593
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Good job Mira, getting Gazille back like that was gold. Revenge first, win later - she's a true Fairy Tail!
Old 2008-10-16, 10:21   Link #594
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Spoiler for 107:
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 10:33   Link #595
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Spoiler for 107:
Old 2008-10-16, 11:22   Link #596
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I think most of the fairy tail ladies are worthy of praise in this chapter.

My vote goes to Erza of course, Lluvia and then Kana for the top 3. (Feel sorry for Lucy, she didn't get a chance to shine)

And I like how Luxus completely cuts out some of the competition by taking Erza and the other ladies out of the equation.

Shame, I really wanted to see Erza kick his rear.

On the brightside maybe we will get to see the other potentials for "The Strongest" such as Mistgun and "That Old Geezer."
Old 2008-10-16, 11:53   Link #597
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

LOL be real. If Erza or anyone (gramps excluded) could kick Luxus's rear they'd have done it years ago. And it's good that way because now Natsu will get to fight a strong opponent again. He only had 1!!!! big ight where he could shine in 100chapters .

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 13:23   Link #598
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Spoiler for 107:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-16, 14:01   Link #599
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Erza's power, like Natsu's, has been developing steadily, so I wouldn't be so quick to says she doesn't stand a chance against him. Mute point though, since she is still out of this fight.

Natsu only defeated Gerald because he got a power up from Ethorian, something he does not have right now. (unless of course it got infused into his body somehow)

That said, I don't think Natsu will be the one beating Luxus just yet, I honestly expect to see a showing from the other S class members we have yet to see much of, at least that is what I am hoping for.

Not that Natsu will make a poor showing, I expect him to be acknowledged as S level pretty soon, and this is just the thing he needs to prove it.
Old 2008-10-16, 14:03   Link #600
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

I'm going to guess the old guy who recognized Lucy will come and save the day somehow.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen