AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 7 11.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 40.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-09, 20:34   Link #81
Xaturas

Btw I'm not some master of genetics, but can anyone from you people pick any traits in Mana from her Father/Mother ??
She has light hair and eyes. She doesn't have any similar traits to her mother or father. At least Shu hair is same as his father. But Mana is just o_O. She doesn't look like her parents at all, if I would put all of them together then even Haruka looks like she is the only one related to Mana.

Also the scene with pictures was kinda funny. When Mana was with her mother (Shu not made yet) she was around the same size in the picture on the right where Shu was already on the height of her neck.
Did that girl stop growing or what ...
Old 2012-03-09, 20:37   Link #82
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Btw I'm not some master of genetics, but can anyone from you people pick any traits in Mana from her Father/Mother ??
She has light hair and eyes. She doesn't have any similar traits to her mother or father. At least Shu hair is same as his father. But Mana is just o_O. She doesn't look like her parents at all, if I would put all of them together then even Haruka looks like she is the only one related to Mana.
Yeah, the hair doesn't fit. But the reason for that is pink is special and they had to make Inori special and since Inori is linked to Mana, they both have pinkish hair. I like pink hair, actually.

Quote:
Also the scene with pictures was kinda funny. When Mana was with her mother (Shu not made yet) she was around the same size in the picture on the right where Shu was already on the height of her neck.
Made? Is there a lemon policy for him? Sorry, couldn't help it.
Old 2012-03-09, 21:09   Link #83
Arya

Why they kept all that infos til the near end, I understand that they have to manage all the other characters but it would be surely better having them along the series.

Anyways, the first question I have is about Gai, so he was playing hard for all the first cour, he said that Shu was all what he wanted to be, and it is true, in a way that differs from what we thought it were.
And the second question is why pushing Shu so hard if in the end Gai was meant to be the new Adam? Gai could have retrieved the genome much earlier. And why all that marriage farce?
Or he was on the good side, but what it changed Gai was the apocalypse, like it did to Mana.
Ah, apparently Mana saved Shu from being killed by Kurosu because she chose him as her Adam. From abortion, I guess. And was Shu named after his uncle, Shuuichirou?
Speaking of Koudos, he cracked thinking that the next generation of humans would have been shaped on Kurosu's offspring. So Yuu being turned down by Kurosu suggested him to make new Adams, seconding Koudos bad mood

So what I got so far is that Mana is the seeder and Shu is the reaper. Once Shu collects all the feath the Mana's factors she will regain all her power. She bloomed too early, or that was an early bloom and now she is near the full bloom. Something like that.

I also think that Mana will turn down Gai, because he is not good, he is a fake, Segai noted it first. Even if in the OP they seem to imply otherwise.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-03-09, 21:15   Link #84
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think Gai might turn good again for some stupid reason and turn on Mana. That would be trite though... get it, trite?
Nice pun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I also think that Mana will turn down Gai, because he is not good, he is a fake, Segai noted it first. Even if in the OP they seem to imply otherwise.
Now this is a good serious answer supporting the idea that Mana will turn down Gai, and try to get with Shu.

Yeah, it would tie back nicely to what Segai noted. Nice pick-up, Arya!
Old 2012-03-09, 21:18   Link #85
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
And was Shu named after his uncle, Shuuichirou?
Because Kurosu was a lonely person he named gave Shu his name because it means group. When they take off from the boat Haruka explains why he was named Shu.

Too bad there isn't a harem element... his name would have had "new" meaning.
Old 2012-03-09, 22:42   Link #86
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I find it very convenient that Mana needed to collect all her so called pieces that were scattered during Lost Christmas to be whole again and they nearly had everyone except for the Yahiro, Souta, Tsugumi Ayesa and the rest who were on a ship. Shu offered to give their Voids back but they all let him keep them and the others went along so technically this mission is all or nothing. When Shu finally reaches Inori she most def wont be Inori anymore.
Old 2012-03-09, 22:46   Link #87
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I find it very convenient that Mana needed to collect all her so called pieces that were scattered during Lost Christmas to be whole again and they nearly had everyone except for the Yahiro, Souta, Tsugumi Ayesa and the rest who were on a ship. Shu offered to give their Voids back but they all let him keep them and the others went along so technically this mission is all or nothing. When Shu finally reaches Inori she most def wont be Inori anymore.
She is no longer Inori anyway as Gai took all of the rest of kids. Now all she need is just final push.
Old 2012-03-09, 23:21   Link #88
dark998

Quote:
She is no longer Inori anyway as Gai took all of the rest of kids. Now all she need is just final push.
Inori is still there otherwise Mana wouldn't have commented about things being "cramped" or about her being a stubborn girl.
Old 2012-03-09, 23:54   Link #89
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Inori is still there otherwise Mana wouldn't have commented about things being "cramped" or about her being a stubborn girl.
Its cramped because Inori is still there, they just switched places and it will stay that way forever, unless some stupid merge/delete thing will happen.

Stubborn girl comes from the fact that Inori fights back.

That doesn't change the fact that Yuu already pointed out few eps back that Shu collected a nice size of shards.

After Neo Gai fight, he probably took all the kids that didn't run away or at least the shards from them. (Why did Souta tard and team got out? Beats me).
But its not like Shu have everyone void in him and they only need him, thats kinda retarded.
So GHQ team had to take the kids/voids/shards to Inori.

All merging shit probably happened after Shu got his hand.
Old 2012-03-10, 00:07   Link #90
Sixth
Hu Tao

The track "King existence" really played a lot in this episode, isn't it?
Old 2012-03-10, 00:33   Link #91
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Quote:

Well,coloured hair and eyes usually only appear if both parents carry the similar genes and they happen to be "used". So even if both parents were brunettes their child could have coloured hair or eyes if they had it in their genes.
Old 2012-03-10, 02:56   Link #92
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
That may be the case for most but I don't agree with the two controversial mains, the names Mana and Shu raise a lot of suspicion. And the constant Hebrew references are another, perhaps you can't prove the relation between them, but you can notice the traits they incorporate from them. Obviously that isn't enough to assume, but if not then what is?
All I'm suggesting is that what's meant to be symbolic to the writers (and thus to the audience) doesn't have to be symbolic to the characters in the show itself, i.e. to Kurosu in this case. Mana (真名) and Shuu (集) are both perfectly acceptable Japanese names. It's not like the writers are saying there's no other possible meaning behind them just by telling us Kurosu's reasoning behind the choice of Shuu's name.

And sorry for giving the wrong impression - I wasn't actually trying to say anything about the spelling of 'cover up / coverup / cover-up' - just about what you're trying to argue the writers did.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2012-03-10, 08:48   Link #93
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

I think something important was hinted when Keido shot Mana's father,she screamed "No". Yes,earlier before it was shown that she went that way when Shu called her a freak but just saying,it could be related and Mana might betray Gai.
Old 2012-03-10, 15:06   Link #94
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
All I'm suggesting is that what's meant to be symbolic to the writers (and thus to the audience) doesn't have to be symbolic to the characters in the show itself, i.e. to Kurosu in this case. Mana (真名) and Shuu (集) are both perfectly acceptable Japanese names. It's not like the writers are saying there's no other possible meaning behind them just by telling us Kurosu's reasoning behind the choice of Shuu's name.

And sorry for giving the wrong impression - I wasn't actually trying to say anything about the spelling of 'cover up / coverup / cover-up' - just about what you're trying to argue the writers did.
Yeah I kind of misunderstood, but you're right. In my case whenever I watch anything that has a deeper picture, I tend to over analyze and try at portraying the real thing.

The names are Japanese as well, maybe not often used, but I do agree that it isn't some conspiracy how they'd name them. Especially when the Japanese versions have their own appeal to them. Specifically Mana that represents an apple, instead of a holy edible plant. Perhaps they coincide with each other, perhaps they don't and have but a sole meaning, who knows?
Old 2012-03-10, 15:49   Link #95
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I dunno what to make of it all, see all these parts with Shu making up with all these people I was still expecting something else.
I was hoping he was still resentful towards everyone but he never really was like that so him showing over the top kindness isn't totally out there in regards to his character.
But part of me felt I wanted to see something else.
Like when they are flying away in the helicopter and Shu looking back ont eh boat, I was thinking "would it be cool if the boat just blew up or something!"
I can understand him showing a son's love to his mother and all but we were given one of the rare chances of a son/mother conflict and was hoping some juicing drama would come of it but seems he never held her at fault at all to begin with so that kinda fell flat. Pity.
Just so people know I don't have any real problem with whats happened just part of me might have liked it more if it went differently is all.

Altho still hoping on Mana appearing and proceeding to kick arse and deal out some divine punishment for the ones that have wronged her brother.
Love my some more crazy Mana!

The flashbacks stuff was pretty good, finally gave us so much needed answers.

Shu's real mother is quite the hottie, long black hair, glasses and cute little mole below her left her eye(?).
Can't deny that I wished we saw more of her.
Old 2012-03-10, 18:42   Link #96
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Remembrance <A Diary>

This was an almost flashback episode that answered all my questions posted in the previous episode.

The flashback is accounted from Shuichiirou Keidou, Tsutsugami Gai, and Ouma Harukas' points of view. All their stories intertwined together through the research into the Void Genom started by Dr. Ouma Kurosu.

Spoiler:

So, this is the start of the last trek of this journey.
Old 2012-03-10, 19:42   Link #97
Jellal
Anime Critic

Just watched all twenty episodes last night!

Pretty much, I'd recommend anyone from scratch to watch from episode 15 onwards. The real story starts off their. IMO
Old 2012-03-10, 21:15   Link #98
Team Rocket Elite

Have we been given the year for the original arrival of the Apocalypse virus meteorite before? I just realized that it was 17 years before the current year which corresponded with the limitation of drawing Voids from people 17 years or younger.
Old 2012-03-11, 03:01   Link #99
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Looks like a decent episode telling histories of Shu's parents and Keido, a little amused there, as they made genetics look more interesting than it actually is, in actual fact the study of it and even testing it out is a long, dull process in which yielding results is not easy.

Yet slightly surprising that Souta seemed reluctant of shaking Shu's hand, after all he is the guy that took away his disease and is willing to sacrifice his life for a 'greater future'.
Old 2012-03-11, 04:02   Link #100
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I'm not quite understand about what is Void Genome??? anyone mind to help me???

anyway, Guido's explanation is a complete summary of this whole episode... awesome!!
Closed Thread