AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-09-26, 08:37   Link #781
flack

Ok wtf, so that is not really Juha Bach?? Omg...
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 08:39   Link #782
haegar
mangaviking

well, it WAS a nicely drawn badass fight so lets not get overly worked up about the trolling everybody knew it HAD to happen
Old 2012-09-26, 09:55   Link #783
ntherblast

Barely anything happens in these chapters just huge pages with few words. I'm guesing ishida will appear next chapter
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 10:45   Link #784
tomepajk

Hi guys!
Im a longtime lurker, first time poster, made an account just to post this.

Anyone getting the similarities between yamamoto`s and ichigo`s bankais?

1. Both bankais are focused on the sword and increase the wielder`s offensive power

2. Both bankais cover the bodies of the wielders ( shown in the aizen arc and most clearly in the fullbring arc)

3. Both bankais have a ranged nuke

Last edited by tomepajk; 2012-09-26 at 10:56.
tomepajk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 11:06   Link #785
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Maybe Juha Bach is just a title given to the strongest Quincy, and well, since they didn't clash for like 1000 years... A more badass Quincy appeared and took the title.

Either, that leaves Ichigo to the True Final Boss.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-26, 11:31   Link #786
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
well, let's hope ichigo's bankai will become more interesting. i've been waiting for that since he first got his bankai. i kinda want to see his hollow mask again though. whatever happened to his hollow side anyway?
yea i miss the hollow mask. last we saw of it i think was when he mastered the final GT in his inner world and zangetsu pulled the VL hollow side out of his chest. that kind of led me to believe that ichigo's hollow side was conquered and won't show up again. still, i would like to see him fight visored again
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 11:58   Link #787
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
And then....just kidding! Illusion the whole time.
Old 2012-09-26, 12:19   Link #788
SeanQ

Aizen is the real Juha Bach
Old 2012-09-26, 13:05   Link #789
sayde

Even though this observation is kinda pointless, it seemed pretty weird that this fake Juha Bach would appear to be so irked from having to fight former comrades when the Juha Bach we were introduced to from the very beginning would mercilessly maim and slaughter his own comrades without a second thought.

I also thought it was kind of strange that Yamamoto himself didn't think much of Juha Bach's reaction to having to face old comrades since Yamamoto was the one to claim that even after all this time, Juha Bach still looks down upon his men.

So yeah...shame on you Yamamoto for not noticing something was off.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 13:27   Link #790
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
As many people have speculated before, maybe after East (東), South (南), West (西), North (北), Yamamoto still has the Center (中) attack as the final trump card.
Old 2012-09-26, 13:33   Link #791
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
btw, don't you think it's a bit hard to believe they just happened to see Sasakibe's Bankai and were able to analyze it properly in the past? Assuming the Vandenreich didn't had the chance to do so, this would mean the analyzed it "on-the-fly" while fighting him. This makes me wonder how Yamamoto did not take notice. One would consider Sasakibe going bankai to be a big highlight and interesting enough for Yamamoto to take a look at how he is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
damn that sucks, it was just a kage bunshin

so it looks like it was another steinritter liek the "yourself" one that kenpachi beat? it's a nice way for yamajii to lose, but still be the strongest. Now he just won't use his bankai, because SS would be worse off with an enemy having his bankai than him just dying.
lol I feel like my 6yo self fighting all these fake Bowser on NES
http://www.mariowiki.com/False_Bowser

I don't think it's a nice way for him to lose as this enemy had no chance to begin with and Yamamoto merely held a demonstration.. which makes him look stupid now that he got trolled big time. I have to admit all my excitement is gone thanks to the last line in this chapter..

Let's hope Yamamoto doesn't get instakilled or dominated like a child by the real Bach.. at least let him fend off the big boss bravely with just his shikai and lots of kidou spells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
the most clever part about this chapter is that it implies that they wouldn't have been able to steal renji's bankai either, which is why kubo had that dumbguy knock renji out before he could use it
so... byakuya had his ass handed to him for no reason. oh the irony
I think by Kubo's logic Renji's Bankai would still be stealable as long as he has already shown everything there is to it. Even so I think it's unbelievable foolish for Byakuya to be the bait.
Old 2012-09-26, 13:59   Link #792
Rahan

I think the invasion will stop here though. If Yamamoto loses, there is no SS anymore. He just needs to stay on standby to protect what's left of SS.

According to Kubo's informations sheets that were published in Jump during the hiatus between the Fullbringer's arc and this one, the location of next arc is an Ice Palace. (contrasting with Yama's fire, I guess. It sets up the final boss as his evil equivalent, I guess)

We already have our team for the expedition in the "Ice Castle", I guess (Ichigo and friends plus surviving Arrancars, Renji, Ikkaku who will finally be proven right to have hidden his bankai and possibly Unohana who should know all about the enemy and is supposed to unveil her strength this arc according to Kubo. Considering her character, it's plausible they don't know her bankai at all).
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 14:14   Link #793
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Ikkaku who will finally be proven right to have hidden his bankai
ikkaku did show it vs an arrancar in KT. ikkaku showed his bankai more than sasakibe, at least in recent years, so i dont think he's immune to this at all. but if relatively new bankais are immune since they aren't fully developed then renji and toushiro should be immune as well as ichigo and ikkaku
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 14:28   Link #794
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Well, you could say that. BUT, he wasn't the real one T_T

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 14:34   Link #795
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
ikkaku did show it vs an arrancar in KT. ikkaku showed his bankai more than sasakibe, at least in recent years, so i dont think he's immune to this at all. but if relatively new bankais are immune since they aren't fully developed then renji and toushiro should be immune as well as ichigo and ikkaku
Now that you mention it... since Hitsugaya's bankai was successfully stolen, does that mean it had no potential for growth/evolution?

The other thing that bothers me about Yama's explanation is that Sasakibe hadn't used in bankai in a thousand years (meaning it couldn't have been analyzed) yet it was stolen anyway.
Old 2012-09-26, 15:05   Link #796
SeanQ

Lol at Ichigo's Bankai having too much growth for it to get stolen...bigger getsuga tenshou unknown to the enemy...so they can't steal it =/

The whole point of stealing the bankai is really to just lower the shinigami's chance of winning...steal it and if you don't know how to use it then don't...the explanation is more illogical than logical by Yama

Sadly, Yama decides to reveal the entirety of his bankai to fake Bach and now real Bach will come and troll Yama.
Old 2012-09-26, 15:18   Link #797
Langus
Optimus Prime

Calling it now... Ishida is the true Juha Bach. Ichigo's final fight will be against him. *imposing music*
Old 2012-09-26, 15:28   Link #798
SeanQ

So I'm guessing it took them 1000 years to invade is because of the many fail plastic surgery for a fake Bach.
Old 2012-09-26, 15:39   Link #799
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
I think by Kubo's logic Renji's Bankai would still be stealable as long as he has already shown everything there is to it.
Since Kubo's confirmed that Renji has gained some new tricks with his bankai during the time skip, its not a bad assumption to assume they might've not been able to steal his bankai afterall. Besides, if you stop to think about it, he's just as much of a n00b with bankai as Ichigo since they both gained bankai at pretty much the same exact time. Another fact to consider is that it supposedly takes at least 10 years to master Bankai. So if we assume that those who've possessed bankai for under 10 years are automatically immune to bankai theft, then I guess it makes even more sense for Renji to be exempt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I think the invasion will stop here though. If Yamamoto loses, there is no SS anymore. He just needs to stay on standby to protect what's left of SS.
If Yamamoto loses, it just the Royal Guard will finally have a reason to come out of hiding (finally). I can't wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Now that you mention it... since Hitsugaya's bankai was successfully stolen, does that mean it had no potential for growth/evolution?
Good point. Perhaps hitsugaya's potential just isn't anywhere's near as high as Ichigo's multi-dimensional ceiling of power? So even if Hitsugaya still has room for improvement, the full extent of his power is far easier to predict in comparison to someone who's maximum power can't be felt much less measured and analyzed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The other thing that bothers me about Yama's explanation is that Sasakibe hadn't used in bankai in a thousand years (meaning it couldn't have been analyzed) yet it was stolen anyway.
The thing is, we don't yet know a whole lot about Juha Bach's past. So I suppose its entirely possible for himself or someone else to have analyzed Sasakibe's bankai during the period of time he spent trying to master it (years before he stopped using it). Of course this assumes that Juha Bach's connections with Soul Society and shinigami go back thousands of years.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 16:19   Link #800
Excelion

Bit disappointing to learn Kenpachi was defeated by a fake Juha Bach.

I don't really get Yamamoto's explanation, given Histugaya and Soi Fon's bankai both should have room to evolve, along with Sasakibe having not used his. He could have just said they can't steal something they don't know the limits of and that would have been fine (aka too strong). The fan-explanation that compressed bankais weren't stealable would have been even better.

The real Juha Bach is probably his right hand man. Naturally the pretty boy would be the final villain. Will they retreat to do whatever they need to make the discs work on Yamamoto's bankai?
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter