AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-23, 23:11   Link #2021
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Not to me. To each their own, I suppose.
Spoiler for opinions yo:
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 23:25   Link #2022
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
Spoiler for opinions yo:
i want a "one-sama" like her ^^, the same can be said about seiya and saori/athena never passed from some little flirt.

about souma not in time, this series was allmost focused on kouga and yuna(specially in the second half where and near the end where yuna almost take over the mantle of the MC from kouga), and the others just looked like fodders or numbers than the main 6 bronze saints(started to look much more like 2 saints plus 3 to 4 "extras").
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 23:37   Link #2023
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
i want a "one-sama" like her ^^, the same can be said about seiya and saori/athena never passed from some little flirt.

about souma not in time, this series was allmost focused on kouga and yuna(specially in the second half where and near the end where yuna almost take over the mantle of the MC from kouga), and the others just looked like fodders or numbers than the main 6 bronze saints(started to look much more like 2 saints plus 3 to 4 "extras").
Technically though Yuna is the heroine of Saint Seiya Omega.

So she should get more character development.

But the second half had a lot of development for Eden's character.

Souma's stuff was mostly with Sonia, but those two episodes by Yokote really saved his development in my opinion. Of course his character really took a step down when he lost his "best friend" status to Yuna.

And no one cares about Ryuho and Haruto.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 23:41   Link #2024
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
I think that's a big exaggeration, after the fight against Schiller Yuna's role has been pretty much reduced to Kouga's cheerleader. While Souma got his closure against Sonia, defeated the "Emperors" (with Haruto and Ryuhou), and Eden grew a lot recently, standing up against Mars, Amor and Apsu in a row, not to mention his final face-off against his mother and the realization about the time he lost grieving for Aria. He definitely did more than Yuna in the 2nd half.
Now, objectively, what has she done in the meantime other than screaming for Kouga? Not much, really.

It's true that Haruto and Ryuhou seems to get the shaft, but i don't think Yuna did anything to truly outshine the others. While Kouga, Souma and Eden went through self-developments, Yuna's development is more about her connection to Kouga than anything. It's funny because, not long ago, her fans were complaining exactly about her lack of importance since Cancer.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 23:51   Link #2025
Ozuma

@Divino

Whether it's a "big-sister" type relationship she has with him I suppose we'll see by season two.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 23:53   Link #2026
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
I think that's a big exaggeration, after the fight against Schiller Yuna's role has been pretty much reduced to Kouga's cheerleader. While Souma got his closure against Sonia, defeated the "Emperors" (with Haruto and Ryuhou), and Eden grew a lot recently, standing up against Mars, Amor and Apsu in a row, not to mention his final face-off against his mother and the realization about the time he lost grieving for Aria. He definitely did more than Yuna in the 2nd half.
Now, objectively, what has she done in the meantime other than screaming for Kouga? Not much, really.

It's true that Haruto and Ryuhou seems to get the shaft, but i don't think Yuna did anything to truly outshine the others. It's funny because, not long ago, her fans were complaining exactly about her lack of importance since Cancer.
Spoiler for its true:
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 23:57   Link #2027
Ozuma

@Divino

Well, most of Subaru's screentime with Kouga is undoubtedly gonna be him bitching about how he got to live with Athena for so long. Also Kouga will likely be jealous of how Seiya is with Saori/Athena.
Old 2013-03-23, 23:59   Link #2028
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for its true:
for what i read seiya not gonna appear on second season this( at last his seyu if i'm not wront he said who episode 50 or 51 will be he last time in his seiya role, for this i believe who the old bronze saints not gonna appear and only gonna be focused on the 6 plus the "steel" guy

about the roles, eden and souma get a good development but not to much screen time, maybe i not make myself too much clear, but i say in overal, yuna and kouga have much development and screen time specially yuna in this second half, eden in the second half become a emo(throwed in the floor crying for aria) cry baby until leo stab on him some sense, and only start to shine near the end, souma have his "sonia" time then when she dead he go back to the sadows, where haruto ryuho lived almost of the series(lol the worst development for then thei just get something like 2 or 3 episodes for each one then vanish in shadow poor guys lol ).

haruto for a saint was a great ninja because indeed he was in the "shadows" almost of the first season serie sometimes i even forget about his existence lol .
Old 2013-03-24, 00:01   Link #2029
Goty

Quote:
Spoiler for its true:
I agree about Eden too, i think when a character development is all about getting closer to a second character, it often ends up hurting their personal growth (which is why it's much easier to grasp Kouga, Eden and Souma's developments through the series than Yuna's). I mean, Eden's development was the opposite of that, letting go of things allowed him to grow and shine.

Speaking of which, even Yuna's sad war backstory, which was pretty interesting, ended up forgotten and being almost as irrelevant, so far, as that dead friend from Ryuhou's past. Hopefully those things come up again in the next arc.

Quote:
for what i read seiya not gonna appear on second season this( at last his seyu if i'm not wront he said who episode 50 or 51 will be he last time in his seiya role, for this i believe who the old bronze saints not gonna appear and only gonna be focused on the 6 plus the "steel" guy
That's not correct, Seiya's role was reported to be bigger, he'll even have a rivalry going on with Titan. His voice actor himself said Seiya will be more active in the next arc, being for this generation (his words) what Aiolia was for Seiya's (i don't even think Aiolia was that important, but..)
Old 2013-03-24, 00:22   Link #2030
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
That's not correct, Seiya's role was reported to be bigger, he'll even have a rivalry going on with Titan. His voice actor himself said Seiya will be more active in the next arc, being for this generation (his words) what Aiolia was for Seiya's (i don't even think Aiolia was that important, but..)
then their must changed because i remember someone posting a news in the middle of the season a when we still dont have a "second season" where him says who this gonna be his last time as seiya.
Old 2013-03-24, 00:33   Link #2031
Ozuma

@Goty

Aiolia only importance was him being brainwashed by Saga in the sanctuary arc, complaining about wanting to help the Bronze saints in Poseidon arc and the war with Hades in the Hades arc.

Quite surprising how many gold saints remain despite the big sanctuary war in season one. In the original only like five remained. This time around six made it out.
Old 2013-03-24, 00:40   Link #2032
Goty

Quote:
then their must changed because i remember someone posting a news in the middle of the season a when we still dont have a "second season" where him says who this gonna be his last time as seiya.
That was about the color designer Kunio Tsujita posting 51 would be his last work "in Seiya", which made people speculate the series would really end, instead of a staff change as it turned out to be. Seiya's voice actor Tohru Furuya never said anything like that. He loves the role. Btw, Furuya was in the press conference that officially announced the 2nd season, alongside Kouga and Subaru's voice actors and new series director Nagamine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma View Post
@Goty

Aiolia only importance was him being brainwashed by Saga in the sanctuary arc, complaining about wanting to help the Bronze saints in Poseidon arc and the war with Hades in the Hades arc.

Quite surprising how many gold saints remain despite the big sanctuary war in season one. In the original only like five remained. This time around six made it out.
Maybe he meant Seiya will be brainwashed too.
Old 2013-03-24, 01:07   Link #2033
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
@Goty

the previous also was a good amount:7, aiolia, canon, milo, aldebaran, shaka, mu, doku(old master)
Old 2013-03-24, 07:28   Link #2034
Kazu-kun

Quote:
It's funny because, not long ago, her fans were complaining exactly about her lack of importance since Cancer.
It's not funny because I was the one complaining and I still stand by those words. What happened in this episode doesn't change anything to me.

So basically what I'm saying is that, even though I am a Yuna fan, I agree with you.
Old 2013-03-24, 07:42   Link #2035
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
@Divino

Well, most of Subaru's screentime with Kouga is undoubtedly gonna be him bitching about how he got to live with Athena for so long. Also Kouga will likely be jealous of how Seiya is with Saori/Athena.
Seiya is a father figure for Koga. I doubt that he will be jealous.

Koga will have a "little brother" (Subaru) to deal with now so he won't have time to be jealous.

I also agree that the character with the most development in this arc is Eden.
Old 2013-03-24, 10:21   Link #2036
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
the previous also was a good amount:7, aiolia, canon, milo, aldebaran, shaka, mu, doku(old master)
You can't really count Kanon since he wasn't REALLY a Gold saint at the time. Most would agree he was Saga's successor.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 10:36   Link #2037
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Seiya lending his gold cloth to Kouga was nostalgic, but I'm disappointed they won't be able to fight Apsu together. I wanted some double ryuseiken!

It's a good thing Seiya didn't steal the show, but part of me wishes he would have. He looks so much cooler than when he was younger now! So mature and calm.
Old 2013-03-24, 10:57   Link #2038
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
You can't really count Kanon since he wasn't REALLY a Gold saint at the time. Most would agree he was Saga's successor.
if i'm not wrong both saga and canon are the Gemini gold saint, in the talk between then in the flashback(original series) he said this, it's because due to saga being the twin more older then he become the gold saint while canon can only wear the armor if saga death or if saga lend the armor for him something like due to him being the old bro then he have the priority in wear the armor.

and also because of canon personality, due to him was 100% evil(before athena reform him to a good guy) then he can't wear the armor, while saga can wear because he was bipolar (can be good and evil).
Old 2013-03-24, 11:24   Link #2039
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
While Souma got his closure against Sonia, defeated the "Emperors" (with Haruto and Ryuhou)...
The "defeat of the Emperors" was completely worthless, to be honest. They were completely jobbed after Kouga one-shooted them. It was an afterthought scene so they wouldn't be completely pointless in the final 10 episodes of the show; because, without that scene, they really are completely pointless. It's not even up for discussion; Souma, Ryuho and Haruto could have left the show in episode 41 and nothing would have changed. At all.

Quote:
...standing up against Mars, Amor and Apsu in a row..
Yuna has been fighting non-stop since episode 43. Literally.

Quote:
It's true that Haruto and Ryuhou seems to get the shaft, but i don't think Yuna did anything to truly outshine the others.
While Eden, Souma, Ryuho and Haruto were mercilessly one-shotted by Apsu, Yuna was able to stand after getting much more beat up by the Dark God. And she actually SAVED AND INSPIRED SEIYA HIMSELF. And she actually succeeded in bringing Kouga back. I mean, it was all ridiculous asspulls, but it's still something happened in the show itself.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 13:12   Link #2040
Ozuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Seiya is a father figure for Koga. I doubt that he will be jealous.

Koga will have a "little brother" (Subaru) to deal with now so he won't have time to be jealous.

I also agree that the character with the most development in this arc is Eden.
IT said in the information about Season 2 that Kouga would be jealous of Seiya because of how tight he and Saori are.

Tags
action, shounen