AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-15, 21:54   Link #5161
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Pst, Kimi, how's the Soviet Medium line project coming along? If you've gotten the T-44 already, we can platoon. :P
Old 2013-04-15, 22:07   Link #5162
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
for me I been platooning with ppl out of the clan more and more recently, that the reason why yesterday I only intended to play for 30 min but ended up playing 7 hours cause someone invited me to platoon as soon as I log in.
Platoons can be a real timesuck. You have to be disciplined and stick to your original schedule.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 22:27   Link #5163
12ice

So I ran the AMX 12t and VK2801 for an hour or so this afternoon, and I've report that I'm getting a better feel for them--the VK2801 especially, as my previous performance was abysmal.

I saw better performance once I ditched the idea of "having" to be a scout. It's an odd adjustment to make considering that the previous vehicles (AMX ELC excepted) are almost forced into a scout role by stats alone.

If anyone is thinking of playing these tanks, I suggest playing it like the M7 medium.
12ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 22:48   Link #5164
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

12ice: Welcome to the role of combat scout.

My experience with the AMX autoloader series is that whoever tells you to run off and scout immediately is an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. While it's possible to do that on maps with wide spaces (see Prokorovkha), most of the time you're going to bide your time in a bush somewhere and wait for openings to rush in, unload your mag, then get the hell away from Dodge.

Oh, the AMX 13 75 isn't really much of a step up from the 12t (it has better acceration granted), as the 75mm doesn't do a lot of damage even when you hit a tank in its flank or sides. It's why I was frustrated for much of my tenure on it.
Old 2013-04-15, 22:53   Link #5165
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I couldn't guarantee the safety of your clan's win rates were I to accept. In all seriousness, I appreciate the offer but frankly you are much better off without me. I'm less skilled than the average pub player and would pretty much just be dragging your clan tag through the mud while ignominiously displaying it over my smoldering wreckage.
If this is still undecided please. I'm the worst player in the clan, and I don't even participate. This is an AS clan and we roll with the AS gang.
Old 2013-04-16, 01:38   Link #5166
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
If this is still undecided please. I'm the worst player in the clan, and I don't even participate. This is an AS clan and we roll with the AS gang.
lying isn't nice bro, I roll with whoever I please. I'm thinking of taking a break to go back to BF 3 while I wait for CoH 2 to come out and BF 4. but then again BF 4 will be out by fall or winter.

so taking a hatius might be a bit of a stretch. I might just skip out a week or so, or whenever i feel bored i'll log in. i'm still thinking.
Old 2013-04-16, 02:02   Link #5167
Sumeragi
Banned

Reading the Russian WoT wiki can help with your strategies.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 03:32   Link #5168
Pen3

I bought my VKDB back to grind some xp just in case i want to start the new med line. I was horrible back when i had this thing since i was still new to WoT and i think my skills have improved and actually doing better.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Did they change garage to evening mode? I just notice it today.

Images

BTW Sumeragi, i love your new Shizuka avatar
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 03:41   Link #5169
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Every so often I get these really good games after some bad ones. In this case, I get Ace Tanker after losing two games, THEN winning two games in a row (both on the T-44).

Images
Old 2013-04-16, 03:44   Link #5170
LeoXiao
思想工作

@Pen3: Do you have the replay for that? I want to see how you make the VKDB work.

Also Sumeragi I assume you're using google translate?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 03:59   Link #5171
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
@Pen3: Do you have the replay for that? I want to see how you make the VKDB work.
I turned recording off during the horrible x5, but i remember that KV1S was a pain to kill. He was hiding behind boulders and all i could see was his turret and a few inches of hull at 200m. Once i got his HP down low enough i switched to HE and shot him in the face.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 04:23   Link #5172
Sumeragi
Banned

My suggestion for the VK 30.02 (D): With 8.5 it'll play like a Tier VIII T-25 in acceleration, depression, and turret traverse. If you also want alpha, be prepared to shell out some premium rounds. Otherwise, use the L/70.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 07:01   Link #5173
Marina2

It seems I will never break my 48% winrate barrier.........

Currently, the difference in my win and lose times are 28. Everytime when I manage to lower this gap to 19-21, I will be put in a lose streak until the gap is back to 28-29.

and I have been in this loop for 6 times now..

Is this really normal thing...?
Old 2013-04-16, 07:31   Link #5174
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Is this really normal thing...?
Pretty much. If you're not a great player to begin with, sooner or later you'll run into streaks of bad games.

How about this, instead of going for runs, why not small spurts? I've found success in the 3-game model, but it's only good I suppose for people who have a good amount of free time.

Take note, I've crawled myself up from 46% WR with it. While I think I've actually also grown as a player, I'd grown to also learn when to NOT try press my luck too.

The above is my current standing.

Anyway, it's kind of a modified version of Sumeragi's own suggestions several scores of pages back, where I play a few games in sequence. If I win two games, I stop, do something else, then come back later. The same goes with losing -- if I lose two games, stop, do something else, try again later on.

If you get THREE wins in a row, or three wins in five games, stop. This is where you start seeing gains. They're minor, but if you're patient (and you start to sharpen your skills), you'll see your win rate start to crawl up.
Old 2013-04-16, 08:40   Link #5175
Marina2

@Myssa Rei

I do stop playing when after win 3-7 games in row for the similar reason as yours but I had hard time stop playing when I lost 3-5 games in row. My feeling during those time was "Aghh....I will win next game for sure. I will keep playing!!" LOL I guess I need to train my mind a bit.

I'm on my learning process. I managed to crawled myself up from 45% WR to 48% WR in this month but I'm staying at 48% for a while now...NEED TO TRY HARDER.

This is my statistic right now. Noting to be pround about it though....

Old 2013-04-16, 08:51   Link #5176
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The only times this tank stopped moving in this game was 1) when it got tracked by that ELC, and 2) when it finally met its demise.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 09:02   Link #5177
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
@Myssa Rei

I do stop playing when after win 3-7 games in row for the similar reason as yours but I had hard time stop playing when I lost 3-5 games in row. My feeling during those time was "Aghh....I will win next game for sure. I will keep playing!!" LOL I guess I need to train my mind a bit.

I'm on my learning process. I managed to crawled myself up from 45% WR to 48% WR in this month but I'm staying at 48% for a while now...NEED TO TRY HARDER.

This is my statistic right now. Noting to be pround about it though....

only 1149 battle, your win rate can still be easily saved, I was at 47% at about 3000 battle, but now I'm climbed up to 53% and maintaining a consistent >60% win rate per day.

my advice would be: always platoon when you could.

Old 2013-04-16, 09:13   Link #5178
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
my advice would be: always platoon when you could.
This. Platooning works. My win rate is steadily climbing thanks to platooning with other clan members as often as I can.
Old 2013-04-16, 09:16   Link #5179
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

jealous much?

MUP BETRAYAL
Images
too bad it was a tie, well i'm happy either way.

showing off like Dai does
Images

Darjeeling spotted in non platooned match
Images
Old 2013-04-16, 09:20   Link #5180
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post

jealous much?
all your 1 day, 7 days, 30 days and 60 days win rate is worse than me.

you just had a better start.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks