AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-26, 22:24   Link #1961
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

With this kind of ending... I don't see room for a second season. Maybe an OVA. Maybe.

I think that the ending is fitting. One of Simoun's core messages is that life goes on even when it seems like it will (or you wish it would) stop. The rest of Chor Tempest has no idea what really became of Aaeru and Neviril - why should we? They don't know where Amuria went, either. Heck, they may not even know what happened to some of the ones they went to the Spring with. Considering how life really goes, I think we got a lot of insight into how everyone turned up. Their lives aren't resolved yet, and hence the story itself shouldn't be resolved.
Plus, it gives us way more stuff to argue over
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 22:26   Link #1962
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Spoiler for ep26 notes and ideas:
edit) spoiler tag!
Spoiler:

Last edited by warainagara; 2006-09-26 at 22:37.
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 22:47   Link #1963
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Simoun cast and staff in fall shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiCi
The series has ended... so what's next for us...?
I think we'll keep coming back here for quite a while, but as far as new shows are concerned, we seem to have come to this anime from a lot of different directions, so I imagine we'll be going to our scattered realms.

For myself, I don't see anything as interesting as this in the fall line-up. But then I didn't realize Simoun would be so great until I watched it. I'll keep watching NANA and Bokura ga Ita, which continue through the fall, and are for me the only two shows on now which are in Simoun's league. Two different kinds of romances, both with great scripts and terrific voice-acting. And maybe I'll have time to catch up on Saiunkoku Monogatari, where Kuwashima Houko (Guraghief) is beyond praise for her excellent work as the heroine. It continues through the fall, too.

Among the new shows, Hataraki-man, in the Noitamina Thursday-night slot looks interesting (starts Oct 12). About a workaholic woman editor. More Honey&Clover on caffeine than Simoun, though, it seems.

I have made a graphic calendar of the fall season, showing what days and times shows are on TV in Japan, and giving highlights of staff and cast for most of them. Link in my sig, with a highlights post in the hashihime blog. Maybe this is my opportunity for an information-dump about who from the Simoun staff and cast will be working on what this fall:

Studio Deen's next offering is Shounen Onmyouji, a magical powers show, but from a josei (young women's) magazine. The script is by the woman who wrote Turn A Gundam, Wolf's Rain, Geneshaft and five episodes of Noein. The sound director did Haibane Renmei and Princess Tutu. And the OP was composed by Kajiura Yuki, who is/was in See-Saw with Ishikawa Chiaki, who did Simoun's OP.

I'll be watching at least the first episodes of Ayakashi Ayashi (monsters attack Edo, again) just to hear Niino Michi (Aaeru) in another role. And because the main writer on Simoun wrote it.

And I'll look at Ghost Hunt because Nazuka Kaori (Yun) is the star. She also stars in Gin-iro no Olynssis, a show that seems like post-apocalyptic mecha, but the blurb says something about time and space being uncertain and a boy's door to fate. I'll look at Code Geass, an SF adventure, partly because Yukana (Dominura) is one of the stars, and also because the whole cast is unbelievable (including Nazuka Kaori and Koshimizu Ami), and the writer and director did PlanetES.

Takahashi Mikako (Rodoreamon) stars in Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo! and is also in Super Robot Wars and Black Blood Brothers. Noto Mamiko (Limone) is in Mamoru-kun, too, and Okada Mari, who wrote many episodes of Simoun, is the main writer.

Sahashi Toshihiko, who did the amazing music for Simoun, writes the music for Black Blood Brothers.

Kuwashima Houko (Guraghief) has joined Toyoguchi Megumi (Alti) for Black Lagoon 2. Morinaga Rika (Mamiina) is continuing in Chokotto Sister.

Noto Mamiko (Limone) is back for a second season of Jigoku Shoujo. Koshimizu Ami (Paraietta) shows up in Code Geass, Kujibiki Unbalance, and Gift-Eternal Rainbow. And Matsuki Miyu (Anguras) is in Soukou no Strain and Otome wa Boku ni Koi Shiteru, which seems to be the closest thing to yuri available this fall (girls fall in love with a guy dressed as a girl). Red Garden, a supernatural mystery, doesn't have an all-female cast, but five women are the stars.

The calendar has links to the Anime News Network information on all the shows and most of the cast and staff members.

Oh, and sorry, warainagara, I didn't realize "Yunashia" was a joke. I guess because I kind of hoped they'd merged myself.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-09-27 at 12:43.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 00:20   Link #1964
jtrog

ep. 26. Pretty fitting ending I suppose. I'll give it a 8 of 10.

Spoiler for saw some posts on the wall art:

Spoiler for Onashia explained her story to Yun :

Spoiler for Did you hear the final girls synopsis about :

I have to wonder with future past tense mixing if ALL slowly morph to a new reality sooner or later without even knowing it.

Really really glad I got to see this one, and it sparked some of the funniest things I have ever read and Never thought or even believed could be typed in a forum
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 05:17   Link #1965
catcher

Hello! I haven't watched Simoun yet, but I'm planning to now. Can anyone recommend a subber for Simoun? Who's the best Simoun subber out there?

Thanks! =)
catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 06:19   Link #1966
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
Considering how life really goes, I think we got a lot of insight into how everyone turned up. Their lives aren't resolved yet, and hence the story itself shouldn't be resolved.
Watching it again tonight, I was also thinking about the episode title: Their Portraits. A portrait isn't a biography, it captures a person at a brief moment in their lives. Maybe if the artist is good enough, you can spot little details that tell you something about where the person has come from and where they're going. But in the end all you have is that moment, that eien no ima captured on canvas.

Which is precisely what I think we got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher
Hello! I haven't watched Simoun yet, but I'm planning to now.
Welcome! You've made an inspired choice

For subs, the only game in town is Simoun-Fans. Slight complication is they picked up the show at episode 4, so they've only recently been able to go back and sub the earlier episodes. Doremi also subbed 1-5, but I'd recommend Simoun-Fans where possible because their subs generally have the benefit of more hindsight.
Old 2006-09-27, 06:21   Link #1967
Nei

there only is simoun-fans -> simoun-project -> wowo, and for the first eps Doremi. (Simon beat me it seems...)

Spoiler for plumbum:
Nei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 07:50   Link #1968
catcher

@Simon
@Nei

Thanks for the info! =)
catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 09:02   Link #1969
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nei
there only is simoun-fans -> simoun-project -> wowo, and for the first eps Doremi. (Simon beat me it seems...)

Spoiler for plumbum:

Books....

Limone lears from a Plumbum spech book, the meaning of something special name.... Episode 8

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 10:18   Link #1970
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher
Hello! I haven't watched Simoun yet, but I'm planning to now. Can anyone recommend a subber for Simoun? Who's the best Simoun subber out there?

Thanks! =)
There is only one Group at the moment on it.

Click and look for her Signatur : http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=38890

Wowo has some Softsubs for the Raws timed to Starks "Freelancer-Raws".

Click and look at her Signatur : http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=43698

And Simoun-fans, has released 1-2 and 4-16 now.
I've heard episode 3 will come soon, too.

Mfg,
Seska

p.s. Sorry, for the indirect Links, but i try not to avoid the Rules
Old 2006-09-27, 10:25   Link #1971
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
And Simoun-fans, has released 1-2 and 4-16 now.
I've heard episode 3 will come soon, too.
Tomorrow evening, barring any further unforseen delays.
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 10:37   Link #1972
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto
They're still doing Ri Margion meaning that we should have 4 eternal maidens left instead of two right?

Spoiler:

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-09-27, 11:06   Link #1973
Nei

maybe not even they ^^
Nei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 11:07   Link #1974
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
We all know this, but I just wanted to ask again, why can their priestesses speak the langage of Simulacrum
In episode eigth it's mentioned that many Plumbian priestess come from the border area with Simulacrum. There are apparently some clans who move back and forth through the border regularly. Also because of the similarities of the deities, some derivative of the Simulacran language might be some sort of holy language for these priestess, kind of like Latin for Catholics, which would make it easy for them to study the language of their enemies. I think something about that was mentioned in later episodes but I am not sure.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 12:37   Link #1975
fignae
floofer. floof.

PS2 Game Gallery
http://www.mmv-i.net/game/ps2/simoun/gallery.html

Now with fanservicey pictures... and a commercial.

While I'm still trying to put my finale feelings into the words which aren't coming.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 13:08   Link #1976
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae
PS2 Game Gallery
http://www.mmv-i.net/game/ps2/simoun/gallery.html

Now with fanservicey pictures... and a commercial.
"Nosebleed Ri Maajon" wins
Old 2006-09-27, 13:59   Link #1977
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae
While I'm still trying to put my finale feelings into the words which aren't coming.
Right there with you on that one...
oneplusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 14:08   Link #1978
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quick question about the game title, 異薔薇戦争 Ibara Sensō. My kanji dictionary (the New Nelson) says 薔薇 "rose" can be read bara or ibara. So just hearing the title in the CM you might expect it to be 薔薇戦争. Presumably though the I- comes from 異 "strange". Does this mean the title translation should be "Strange Rose War"? Or is 異薔薇 some sort of idiom, not to be translated literally?

*sigh* Must learn more Japanese...
Old 2006-09-27, 14:40   Link #1979
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Rikai-chan renders '異' as "different."
As I see it, it may even be renderable (new word ) as 'another.' "Another Rose War" sounds good to me.
Old 2006-09-27, 15:08   Link #1980
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

異薔薇 would be pronounced "ibara", and therefore sounds like the word 茨 ibara "thorn." I think we're dealing with a pun: "other/different/strange roses" and "thorns." "The War with the Other Roses (who are like thorns)."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-09-27 at 20:46.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri