AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-06-02, 21:06   Link #101
FarthingRedFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by exedore
Enough is e-bloody-nough.

Panda Z is cute. It's not the greatest bloody show under the sun, and the fact that you continue to obsess at this level reflects poorly on you, us (because you drag us into it), AiA, and fans of the show in general. So you don't like Matroska? Don't download it. You don't like God Mars? Don't download it. We're not subbing Panda fast enough for you? I don't see you volunteering to help. Panda Z 1-3 were the work of two people in their spare time. N-Bomb and Kyoji both have OTHER SHOWS THAT THEY WORK ON, and so do I (Notice that my name isn't anywhere on Panda 1-3).

At this point, you have two options: put up (and help) or shut up (and deal with the matroska). In the meantime, Panda 4 will be done when we get it done.

Oh, and on your Matroska comments...I don't like it either, but WTF does "most tollerating format" mean? I think you mean "intolerable".

Re: Sun, Since the Panda-Z staff is N-Bomb and Kyoji, it's technically a co-release. Watch for more interesting naming conventions come autumn when we put God Mars on a short hiatus and start bringing some forgotten gems of the VHS genre to the digi age...

OK, i'll zip it about the Matroska
FarthingRedFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 22:38   Link #102
ubb

One thing I have noticed about the fansubbing and the scanlating community is that scanlation groups sometimes contact each other and request the other group to continue a series they are going to drop. On some other occasions you'll see a scanlating group not releasing a chapter for months, and when that group sees another group will actively translate where they left off, they usually tag a notice on their project section saying this and that group has continued its scanlation and drop the project officially. I just find it interesting that I have never seen such phenomenon happen for the fansub community.
ubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 22:48   Link #103
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubb
One thing I have noticed about the fansubbing and the scanlating community is that scanlation groups sometimes contact each other and request the other group to continue a series they are going to drop. On some other occasions you'll see a scanlating group not releasing a chapter for months, and when that group sees another group will actively translate where they left off, they usually tag a notice on their project section saying this and that group has continued its scanlation and drop the project officially. I just find it interesting that I have never seen such phenomenon happen for the fansub community.
It's happened a bunch of times....

Any time I've been part of a group dropping any project I always let the fans know exactly where they can go to get the rest of the files >_<

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 07:07   Link #104
Captain_Kuro

Well, how about prince of tennis..
It has been like 4 months now since any ep got subbed of this anime and they stopped att a very exciting place to :/
If the current group is not interested anymore, maybe some other group could pick this series up?
Captain_Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 17:38   Link #105
Firousi
SMEXY FUJI!!!

Send a message via AIM to Firousi Send a message via Yahoo to Firousi
Thumbs up Finally!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Kuro
Well, how about prince of tennis..
It has been like 4 months now since any ep got subbed of this anime and they stopped att a very exciting place to :/
If the current group is not interested anymore, maybe some other group could pick this series up?
I went to their IRC channel last night and #a-o has posted that they will be releasing episodes 1116-117 tonight. Hopefully they can now start releasing their subbed eps at a more faster pace.
Firousi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 06:17   Link #106
Captain_Kuro

Wow, that sounds great
Captain_Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 01:13   Link #107
Wedge1126

Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu FINAL
Wedge1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 11:23   Link #108
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1126
Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu FINAL
*Seconds, with the note that groups who would be interested in fansubbing this yet cannot find the raws should contact him in the new #l33t-raws channel on irc.animepad.net at their soonest convenience*

I'm not buying those DVD's until they come out in a box set unless someone gives me a good reason to spend so much on two episodes a disc afterall, especially when the series hits 7 discs as of this month.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 01:55   Link #109
Iskandar Taib

Ashita no Nadja. Don't exactly think it's "stalled", four more episodes came out in the last two or three weeks, but it is going slowly. I've heard the series as a whole isn't as good as the early episodes promised.

I would like to see more of HnK's Pita Ten.. ^_^;;; (Yeah, I know someone else finished it, but I like HnK's take on it better..)
Iskandar Taib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 02:55   Link #110
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

AC always releases episodes of Ashita no Nadja in groups of 4. This tactic makes it seem like longer between episodes than it actually is. Expect a wait before the next batch of 4 episodes is released.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 06:38   Link #111
Kairo

Love Love .. its like .. REALLY slow going .. JAR only makes parody subs so thats not much of a help ;[
Kairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 08:38   Link #112
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairo
Love Love .. its like .. REALLY slow going .. JAR only makes parody subs so thats not much of a help ;[
If you'll excuse me, I have to go into a corner and cry...
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 09:44   Link #113
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

2 shows at the top of my head- Keroro Gunso and Sensei no Ojikan Dead at ep 3 and 7 respectively T_T
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 10:24   Link #114
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskandar Taib
Ashita no Nadja. Don't exactly think it's "stalled", four more episodes came out in the last two or three weeks, but it is going slowly. I've heard the series as a whole isn't as good as the early episodes promised.
I agree, though NoSanninWa does have a point. I actually wonder if more people would be watching this show if Animeco released an episode at a time, since it takes a lot of time to download batches, esp for modem users. BTW, I've watched most of Nadja now and I feel the show as a whole is excellent (minus the recently subbed pirate episode :P).

A show that really seems stalled is Bobobo. Whereas we get four Nadja episodes in two months, there's only one Bobobo episode released every two months or more. Though granted it is a much, MUCH harder series to sub than Nadja or your average anime.
Cheesemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 13:00   Link #115
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
2 shows at the top of my head- Keroro Gunso and Sensei no Ojikan Dead at ep 3 and 7 respectively T_T
Both of which are time consuming to sub correctly. Don't worry, some more episodes will probably come out soon, like in less than a year <.< *ducks*
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 23:14   Link #116
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

Every time I read this thread, I think "you guys don't know what REALLY stalled is..." :P
Elepsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 02:23   Link #117
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Both of which are time consuming to sub correctly. Don't worry, some more episodes will probably come out soon, like in less than a year <.< *ducks*
T_T T_T T_T

Forgot to add Godannar 2nd season to that. I miss the overblown fanservice and old school mecha for this one
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 09:35   Link #118
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elepsis
Every time I read this thread, I think "you guys don't know what REALLY stalled is..." :P

You got that right. I think the "watchers" don't realize that hours of work go into one episode they take 25 minutes to watch. All us fansubbers are working hard to give you the anime you want to watch. Most of the it is stalled for a good reason. Like for me, I'm deployed in the sandpit and can't work on anything. Other groups may only work together during the school year. So sit back and relax and remember the sweat and pizza that goes into the subbing of every episode.
Heibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 13:35   Link #119
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi
You got that right. I think the "watchers" don't realize that hours of work go into one episode they take 25 minutes to watch. All us fansubbers are working hard to give you the anime you want to watch. Most of the it is stalled for a good reason. Like for me, I'm deployed in the sandpit and can't work on anything. Other groups may only work together during the school year. So sit back and relax and remember the sweat and pizza that goes into the subbing of every episode.
Man, I wish I got pizza while subbing...
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 19:09   Link #120
lordlucless

I'll second the poster who mentioned Twin Spica before. It's a show with quite a unique feel to it. Anime Fansubs did a great job on it up to episode 12, but they seem to have run into translator problems recently.
lordlucless is offline   Reply With Quote