AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-05-24, 08:00   Link #81
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The cast without their certain fetish or likes would be a failure and even if a tone down one. I like it when it's over the top sometimes. Like Sena's likes and Yozora's sadistic side.
I'm waiting for this. Impatiently.
Old 2011-05-24, 08:10   Link #82
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Well, I think this summer's Blade adaptation is Madhouse's last Marvel adaptation, so here's hoping they don't start animating Dilbert or something next.

And with Madhouse, the anime is pretty much as good as the director assigned to it. So someone start bribing Masaaki Yuasa to do this anime. I want to see his take on this kind of material. It'll certainly be a bold move from him.

EDIT: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/festa/

Looks like we won't get something even close to Asako Nishida's design after all. Looking more and more like something DEEN or XEBEC might make.
People on 4chan is saying the artstyle and the fact that its TBS hints towards J.C Staff.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 08:29   Link #83
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, I think this summer's Blade adaptation is Madhouse's last Marvel adaptation, so here's hoping they don't start animating Dilbert or something next.

And with Madhouse, the anime is pretty much as good as the director assigned to it. So someone start bribing Masaaki Yuasa to do this anime. I want to see his take on this kind of material. It'll certainly be a bold move from him.

EDIT: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/festa/

Looks like we won't get something even close to Asako Nishida's design after all. Looking more and more like something DEEN or XEBEC might make.
In case of me, that design instantly reminded me AIC. One thing AIC is bad at is colouring, which was clearly shown in that key visual. Overall, it is pretty meh. Nothing like Asako-san and Shaft's visual.

Plus, the possibility of Kyoto Animation instantly evaporates here.

Of course I might be wrong.
Old 2011-05-24, 08:38   Link #84
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Madhouse will never be the case. They are busy doing with Marvel ones.
You seem to not know how big Madhouse is.... lets look at their 2009 production...

TV - Hajime no Ippo 2, Rideback, Chi`s Sweet Home, Souten Kouro, NEEDLESS, Aoi Bungaku, Kobato, Stitch! 2.

Movie - Redline, Summer Wars and the Trigun Movie came out 4 months into 2010.

Madhouse is too massive a beast to paint them with one brush. I don't think Madhouse will be anywhere near this but as of Fall 2011 the only thing they're working on right now that has been announced that might not be finished, is the Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I think the ones who did Seitokai no Yakuindomo, GoHands is not a bad option for this type of show.
While I would love this they're probably too busy with the 2nd and 3rd Mardock Scramble Movie. I also expect them to continue doing Yakuindomo OVAs with each manga volume release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
People on 4chan is saying the artstyle and the fact that its TBS hints towards J.C Staff.
But that link to the TBS website with the image for Boku Wa has pics below from anime shows produced by SHAFTx2. A-1 Pictures, Feel and of course J.C Staff.

Food for thought but J.C Staff already have Kimi to Boku and Bakuman 2 lined up for the Fall 2011 season and of course Shana 3 is rumored to air than as well. They have done 4 shows in a season a few times before though...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 08:50   Link #85
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Food for thought but J.C Staff already have Kimi to Boku and Bakuman 2 lined up for the Fall 2011 season and of course Shana 3 is rumored to air than as well. They have done 4 shows in a season a few times before though...
Only once actually..when they massacred every show they were producing except Milky Holmes. I've just lost too much faith in J.C.Staff after Bakuman, Index II, and Yumekui Merry.

In any case, I feel like Xebec will get this show for some reason, unfortunately.

Last edited by Suzuku; 2011-05-24 at 09:15.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 09:02   Link #86
uis

What this light novel get anime adaption...

It funny when i see Sena h-doujin in fakku... go to AS and see this LN get adaption...

Anyway great to see Yozora and Sena and of course loli nun teacher...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 09:06   Link #87
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Only once actually..when they mascaraed every show they were producing except Milky Holmes. I've just lost too much faith in J.C.Staff after Bakuman, Index II, and Yumekui Merry.

In any case, I feel like Xebec will get this show for some reason, unfortunately.
I remember reading that Bakuman was NHK's fault for being stingy with money and expecting J.C Staff to fund a lot of it, If you mean butchered the material along with the animation, than I wouldn't know since I never bothered to watch the show itself after the first episode since the production values were so bad, better off sticking with the manga...
Old 2011-05-24, 09:12   Link #88
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The problem is, I would be censored if there any censorship, Sena's jokes getting toned down, nipples shots getting censored (it will be here in the anime) or anything else...
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 09:25   Link #89
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Only once actually..when they massacred every show they were producing except Milky Holmes. I've just lost too much faith in J.C.Staff after Bakuman, Index II, and Yumekui Merry.

There is an problem for Milky Holmes. The anime was actually based on a PSP game in which contains serious plot and puzzles but they changed the story completely to make more comedy-oriented. Plus two characters of the game are not present in the anime except they make cameos.
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-05-24, 09:38   Link #90
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
There is an problem for Milky Holmes. The anime was actually based on a PSP game in which contains serious plot and puzzles but they changed the story completely to make more comedy-oriented. Plus two characters of the game are not present in the anime except they make cameos.
And it was a brilliant move by JC staff. One of the best comedy last fall in my opinion simply because the studio embraced the low-budgetness and had a smartly written screenplay.

I actually wouldn't mind JC staff animating Haganai if they'll do it like how they did Milky Holmes. In any case, we'll have to wait till they announce the studio and staff themselves before we can determine whether it could be a hit or not.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 10:12   Link #91
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Spoiler:

Please make this happen.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 10:19   Link #92
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
And it was a brilliant move by JC staff. One of the best comedy last fall in my opinion simply because the studio embraced the low-budgetness and had a smartly written screenplay.

I actually wouldn't mind JC staff animating Haganai if they'll do it like how they did Milky Holmes. In any case, we'll have to wait till they announce the studio and staff themselves before we can determine whether it could be a hit or not.
You mean Milky Holmes' animation quality? No, please no.
The script as comedy was good but the animation leaft a lot to desire.

Now, in BokuTomo, the main attractive to appeal is Buriki's style, if they can't keep even close to Buriki then its no good start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Spoiler:

Please make this happen.
Damn, I'm getting angry to that Key Visual.

Just look at Buriki's art!
It was already good:

And then it got goddly beautiful:

And now, we have that thing on the TBS...

*looks at my own avatar with Asako Nishida's quality*

*gets depressed*

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-05-24 at 10:33.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 10:50   Link #93
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Really, stop talking like "I know everything and you know nothing', orz. Madhouse is obviously big studio. THAT'S the problem. They lacks integrity and infamous for heavily using oversee (China, mostly) workforce for TV series animations. Unless it is movie, I expect absolutely nothing from them. If you really say they are good, then blah. I say never for light novel adaptation.

Plus, it really doesn't change the fact they are devoting their souls in producing Marvel remakes, and prioritising it.

Needless had horribad original content anyway, and worsened it with original ending - TYPICAL way of Madhouse crewing up adaptation. Aoi Bungaku is rehash of Japan literature in worse way except spider, Kobato became mediocre series with bad pacing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Milky Holmes' animation was good, in its own way. It went its best as I can for low-budget animation. The thing important was directional sense that was melted inside the plotline and animation, which is why made it so good. Script only can never make Milky Holmes good series.

But anyway, JC sucks, unless there is Milky Holmes or Toradora Team.

Quote:

*gets depressed*
... it's more like Asako's design is some serious bug. It is simply impossible to be more faithful than her design
Old 2011-05-24, 11:00   Link #94
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Milky Holmes' animation was good, in its own way. It went its best as I can for low-budget animation. The thing important was directional sense that was melted inside the plotline and animation, which is why made it so good. Script only can never make Milky Holmes good series.

But anyway, JC sucks, unless there is Milky Holmes or Toradora Team.
MH anime was nothing serious even the animation wasn't, regarding the plot it wa BUTCHERED WITH NO MERCY... but in this one, its the appeal of the characters designs the strong point of the series. Toradora's animation was good but, I can't remember anything past the episode 7, I dropped the series because it wasn't my type (annoying female character). I don't put all the guilt on J.C. but on those who managed their ultra-limited budget, seriously, who were the criminals?

Quote:
... it's more like Asako's design is some serious bug. It is simply impossible to be more faithful than her design
I've saw various drawings on japanesse websites and I know there are a lot of good artists, I don't get why to not pic one among them.
Heck, at least why not trying to ask people why Buriki's design is popular or why Denpa Onna appeals the watchers.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-05-24 at 12:33.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 11:02   Link #95
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Really, stop talking like "I know everything and you know nothing', orz.
Says the person who said Madhouse would be too busy with Marvel productions when only Blade will be worked on past July lol
Old 2011-05-24, 11:05   Link #96
larethian

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I remember reading that Bakuman was NHK's fault for being stingy with money and expecting J.C Staff to fund a lot of it, If you mean butchered the material along with the animation, than I wouldn't know since I never bothered to watch the show itself after the first episode since the production values were so bad, better off sticking with the manga...
Well, I thought Bakuman was ok given the fact that it was intentionally dragged out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The problem is, I would be censored if there any censorship, Sena's jokes getting toned down, nipples shots getting censored (it will be here in the anime) or anything else...
Sena's jokes? You mean "Sena jokes" right? As in jokes on Sena. Wait, correction, you mean Yozora's !@#$%^&* jokes on Sena right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
What this light novel get anime adaption...

It funny when i see Sena h-doujin in fakku... go to AS and see this LN get adaption...

Anyway great to see Yozora and Sena and of course loli nun teacher...
Maria is not a loli, she's a pedo.

Quote:

Now, in BokuTomo, the main attractive to appeal is Buriki's style, if they can't keep even close to Buriki then its no good start.

Damn, I'm getting angry to that Key Visual.

Just look at Buriki's art!
It was already good:

And then it got goddly beautiful:

*gets depressed*
Buriki is godly indeed! There's something wrong with the TBS pic. Hmm, I guess Yozora looks too kiddy for a, erm... bitch?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 11:40   Link #97
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan
Sena's jokes? You mean "Sena jokes" right? As in jokes on Sena. Wait, correction, you mean Yozora's !@#$%^&* jokes on Sena right?
I'm talking about underwear or nude shots which would be censored by TBS because it destroy the broadcast rules.

As for Milky Holmes I'm talking about the adaptation script, not the animation quality. In the game, Opera Kobayashi saves Sherlock's life in danger and with the help of the Milky Holmes team, they fight against Arsène and Co. but in the anime Opera was not appeared unless cameo appearance (in episode 1 and 11) but the plot in which I said before was completely butchered and replaced with total comedy elements.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2011-05-24 at 11:54.
Old 2011-05-24, 17:15   Link #98
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Really, stop talking like "I know everything and you know nothing', orz. Madhouse is obviously big studio. THAT'S the problem. They lacks integrity and infamous for heavily using oversee (China, mostly) workforce for TV series animations. Unless it is movie, I expect absolutely nothing from them. If you really say they are good, then blah. I say never for light novel adaptation.

Plus, it really doesn't change the fact they are devoting their souls in producing Marvel remakes, and prioritising it.
You should read Westlo's post again because it looks like you completely missed the point

Hint:it's not about if Madhouse is the right studio for this project or not.
Old 2011-05-25, 07:08   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The anime design isn't doing justice to Buriki's design one bit. I hope it's just a bad first visual and that the final product will look better. They should have had Nishida do the chara design, as Shaft did.
Old 2011-05-25, 20:25   Link #100
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I'm lost. So the image in that tbs link is supposed to be an anime image? It looks very similar to the novel's art style to me, or am I missing something?

Either way, I prefer the manga art style, but I guess that's only me (>.>)...
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen