AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-30, 13:14   Link #2001
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Well, the season 2 of Gundam 00 are re-imagining of MSG-Z's Gryps Conflict. A-Laws are equivalent to Titans, Katharon are equivalent for Karaba, Innovators of modern era Neo Zeon, and Celestial Being are Anno Domini version of AEUG.

There are so many references to the Universal Century Gundam can be found at 00, even I myself think that 00 is an upgraded version of Zeta, much more exceeding than Gundam SEED Destiny. This is because at first Gundam 00 takes place in the UC era. Moreover, some of the technologies that exist in the Gundam 00 also has similarities with the Universal Century, as GN particles = Minovsky particles.
Old 2011-08-30, 16:59   Link #2002
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
What caused GSD to fail?

I mean is this true, people? Good thing that I haven't seen it yet. To be fair that Shinn Asuka's character didn't really makes sense. He has no character arc and doesn't learn anything in the end until he makes peace with Kira and Athrun, but I don't think he understands anything that happened.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 17:05   Link #2003
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
What caused GSD to fail?

I mean is this true, people? Good thing that I haven't seen it yet. To be fair that Shinn Asuka's character didn't really makes sense. He has no character arc and doesn't learn anything in the end until he makes peace with Kira and Athrun, but I don't think he understands anything that happened.
If you haven't seen GSD, then why are you talking about Shinn's character as if you have?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 17:18   Link #2004
monster

Quote:
I don't know but some people always said that.
Yeah, don't do that. If you're going to express an opinion on something, at least experience it for yourself first. Don't just repeat what other people say.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 22:29   Link #2005
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
My argument for this is that Fukuda/Morosawa aren't the only people to blame. I also shoulder the blame on the Sunrise/Bandai suits.

After the positive reception (especially among the UC traditionalists) to Seed (due to the fact that it's a re-imagining of the UC [specifically, MSG]), GSD throws in several references/homages to UC (hence the pandering to the UC crowd).
Well what you may or may not know is that Gundam Seed Destiny was first written to be a shorter or even OVA level series (Until Bandai demanded more), and that's one reason why many believe the first 5, 6 episodes are absolutely superior to the rest of the series in comparison...

I'm a big UC douchebag and I tell you the first 5 or so episodes of GSD were maybe some of the best episodes of Gundam I had ever watched, so that's another reason why I (and I know so many more) were absolutely bitter beyond belief in our bashing of this show because it actually started off incredibly strong...

Quote:
I heard that a similar situation happened to 00's second season. While the first season bore superficial similarities to Wing (despite the head writer saying that he never watched Wing), the second season was more like UC.
Gundam 00 did it right...While it did pay homages as ever G-series does, it never compromised it's story to do these things...And whether you liked it or hated it, you can never say Gundam 00 didn't have it's own story to tell, a story that moved it's themes from episode 1 to the final seconds of it's final movie...So in that sense it's similarities with Wing and perhaps Zeta were quite inconsequential (Universally so if compared to GSD)...
Old 2011-08-31, 13:45   Link #2006
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I'm a big UC douchebag and I tell you the first 5 or so episodes of GSD were maybe some of the best episodes of Gundam I had ever watched, so that's another reason why I (and I know so many more) were absolutely bitter beyond belief in our bashing of this show because it actually started off incredibly strong...
Ya still feel that way aye!

I am a big UC fan too, but more selective than most. The first dozen episodes of GSD really didn't do much for me. There was a great disconnect between myself as an audience and Shinn as the protagonist.

As the show progressed, there was a strong desire for someone to put Shinn out of his misery. Kira was emo in GS, but it did not get to Shinn's level, and was more or less tolerated. Shinn on the other hand, had to repeat that same experience and then some. The repetition eventually killed it.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 21:30   Link #2007
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Ya still feel that way aye!

I am a big UC fan too, but more selective than most. The first dozen episodes of GSD really didn't do much for me. There was a great disconnect between myself as an audience and Shinn as the protagonist.

As the show progressed, there was a strong desire for someone to put Shinn out of his misery. Kira was emo in GS, but it did not get to Shinn's level, and was more or less tolerated. Shinn on the other hand, had to repeat that same experience and then some. The repetition eventually killed it.

- Tak
You see, I'm very accepting of new main characters (Hell in Gundam you have to be)...It takes alot for me to di$$ the main character of a show (In the early going mind you)... I loved it when Shinn snapped at Cagali in those early episodes for the decision her father made...Shinn doesn't know her, and Athrun's and Kira's story...He was a product of his own...This was the kind of misunderstood passionate dynamic that could have made for great show conflict (It did in Phase 28 the series best put together episode)...But Morasawa and her whateverness just let Shinn devolve into a Rawr-puppet...

There are some subtle qualities about Shinn that are great, but to judge him through his hatred of the fanbase's favorite side (which goes without saying) was a pathetic premise...

Additionally, I never wanted to put Shinn out of his misery...He fought on the correct side IMO...But that's a whole nother epic rehash you've heard all before^^...
Old 2011-09-01, 17:34   Link #2008
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Additionally, I never wanted to put Shinn out of his misery...He fought on the correct side IMO...But that's a whole nother epic rehash you've heard all before^^...
Oh yes, good times, good times.

Back in the day, Eidolen Sniper would make fuckin' huge book-length of TLDRs on why Flay was Kira's true love, and why being psychotic and occasional insanity are healthy for the soul. That was fun.

Quote:
He has no character arc and doesn't learn anything in the end until he makes peace with Kira and Athrun, but I don't think he understands anything that happened.
There were times when I wished Athrun had pulled a Gunnery Hartman on Shinn's ass.

Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy fucking walrus-looking piece of shit! Get the fuck off of my cockpit! Get the fuck down off of my mobile-suit! NOW! MOVE IT! Or I'm going to rip your balls off, and end your days of cock-banging that psycho-bitch Stella through her pretty pink panties! I will motivate you, private Asuka! Even if it means Lunamaria has to grow a pair! I will PT you private Asuka, I will PT you until you fuckin' die! MOVE IT! MOOOOOVE EEEEETTT!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-09-01 at 17:57.
Old 2011-09-02, 03:43   Link #2009
winter45

Quote:
There were times when I wished Athrun had pulled a Gunnery Hartman on Shinn's ass.

[/I] - Tak
Sorry to break your bubble, but Athrun is no ideal soldier either.. so asking him to become a hartman defeats the position and ideal that the character gunnery hartmann played and to be quiet honest athrun kira, shinn all needs to be hartmanned
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 04:26   Link #2010
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Oh yes, good times, good times.

Back in the day, Eidolen Sniper would make fuckin' huge book-length of TLDRs on why Flay was Kira's true love, and why being psychotic and occasional insanity are healthy for the soul. That was fun.
Yeah it was fun. But it seems that for some reason and from the impression I am seeing in your statement here was that she never actually progressed from her own psychosis. At ALL. Now, if you were to base that statement on something actually concrete, then I may be inclined to believe you. Maybe.

@ Jeffry2009

If you at least consider yourself a fan of the Gundam series in general, do give it a shot. I agree with what monster said - you do have to experience it so you know, you can really get the feel of the characters, everything. Then share that experience in this thread. Of course it's best to see everything what that series has to offer before reading any of the statements you see here or in any other website or forum, but then again it can't be avoided now. Just try to watch and enjoy what it still has to offer to you now and hopefully you can share what learned or whatever at all.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 04:52   Link #2011
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
If you at least consider yourself a fan of the Gundam series in general, do give it a shot. I agree with what monster said - you do have to experience it so you know, you can really get the feel of the characters, everything. Then share that experience in this thread. Of course it's best to see everything what that series has to offer before reading any of the statements you see here or in any other website or forum, but then again it can't be avoided now. Just try to watch and enjoy what it still has to offer to you now and hopefully you can share what learned or whatever at all.
This. I know that there's a majority of hatred with regards to GSD or whatnot. but at least you have to see GSD to actually form an opinion of it. I know for a fact that people tend to write off stuff.

It happened with me and FFXIII, I thought it was a bore, and I refused to play it because of heresay, when it was finally time to play it. I had a great time doing so. So much so that I regret doing something because of my blind hatred of that game.
Old 2011-09-02, 11:05   Link #2012
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
But it seems that for some reason and from the impression I am seeing in your statement here was that she never actually progressed from her own psychosis. At ALL.
Because it was a ploy to get you back. Now that you have returned...

Tak quickly shuts the door behind a hapless and unsuspecting Eidolon. He picked a switch on the wall, lighting the small room in a grim, soft red hue. Revealed within its confinements was a catalog of unspoken terror, enough to utterly decimate a child's innocence and no doubt too NSFW to be described on a public forum...

I am ready to hear all about it...

MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2011-09-02 at 13:08.
Old 2011-09-02, 14:10   Link #2013
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Because it was a ploy to get you back. Now that you have returned...

Tak quickly shuts the door behind a hapless and unsuspecting Eidolon. He picked a switch on the wall, lighting the small room in a grim, soft red hue. Revealed within its confinements was a catalog of unspoken terror, enough to utterly decimate a child's innocence and no doubt too NSFW to be described on a public forum...

I am ready to hear all about it...

MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

- Tak
Wait...Wait a minute, I think you've gone mad.

Anyway back to the dragging topic at hand...

I'm personally going to suspect that in the promotion of the new BD-Remasters, Cagalli won't be prominently advertised.In other words, Cagalli is the most vulnerable character in lieu of a Movie/Sequel.

Personally, I'd like them to remaster the major battles in the SEED Remaster, so that people will remember that Kira used to be kick-ass.
Old 2011-09-02, 14:23   Link #2014
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Wait...Wait a minute, I think you've gone mad.
You really have to be here back in the day to fully appreciate my degenerate sense of humor...

Quote:
Personally, I'd like them to remaster the major battles in the SEED Remaster, so that people will remember that Kira used to be kick-ass.
Personally, I am looking for, if any, additional scenes between Kira & Lacus. Its wishful thinking, but...

- Tak

Old 2011-09-02, 20:38   Link #2015
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
You really have to be here back in the day to fully appreciate my degenerate sense of humor...

Personally, I am looking for, if any, additional scenes between Kira & Lacus. Its wishful thinking, but...

- Tak
lol you... I was here back when Destiny and SEED were airing. look at my join date...
Old 2011-09-02, 20:44   Link #2016
Tak

Quote:
lol you... I was here back when Destiny and SEED were airing. look at my join date...
Good, then you are used to it

- Tak

Old 2011-09-02, 22:50   Link #2017
Washu-Chan