AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-04-04, 22:51   Link #61
james0246

I really liked this chapter. From the actual relevance of the Sasuke flashback to Kabuto brief yet still interesting background, this chapter had a lot going on (I didn't even mind the emergence of the new Sharingan technique). So far, I am really liking this fight and these chapters (in fact, since the apperance of Madara, the entire series has been on the upswing).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 23:34   Link #62
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Guessing Izanami is inception-esque.
I think it's completely different. Inception is like what Danzou used on the samurai boss, he planted an idea into the samurai's mind without the samurai knowing it. That's was a basic skill of Shisui, his Koto-something was much stronger than inception, it could completely change one's thinking. On the other hand Izanami is probably somthing that changes reality itself, even if in a very limited way. It was the sage of 6 paths that could do a badass version of izanagi+izanami, so i guess the Uchiha version is a severly dumbed down version of that, it is effective only in a small location (around the user) and it costs the user's eyes, and of course only those extremely gifted like Itachi can use it.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 00:38   Link #63
SeanQ

5 chapters later, madara shows ultimate sharingan technique.
Old 2012-04-05, 01:17   Link #64
Eragon
Still Alive

^ We can actually expect that since he's the oldest user of Sharingan
Old 2012-04-05, 02:01   Link #65
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
^ We can actually expect that since he's the oldest user of Sharingan
Who else is betting on it being named Takamagahara?
Old 2012-04-05, 02:09   Link #66
Eragon
Still Alive

^ I'm betting on Tsukinaginami Can you figure out the reason?
Old 2012-04-05, 02:13   Link #67
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
^ I'm betting on Tsukinagnami Can you figure out the reason?
They should've called it that instead of Mugen Tsukuyomi.
Old 2012-04-05, 02:30   Link #68
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
How much more does Kishimoto want to push the Sharingan's power? It's enough already, and it's not making any sense anyway. Why would summoning black flames or huge skelletons be related to an eye technique anyway? Ah well, Izanami alone ruined this chapter for me. Sharingan, Rinnegan and maybe Senju powers and that's all that matters. I want power or rather potential being split evenly, but of course I've long since given up on wishing for that.
Old 2012-04-05, 02:41   Link #69
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

What are you talking about? Izanami totally came as expected. The set just wouldn't be complete without it.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 03:41   Link #70
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I certainly didn't expect it, and I'd rather have the set incomplet.
Old 2012-04-05, 05:29   Link #71
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
How much more does Kishimoto want to push the Sharingan's power? It's enough already, and it's not making any sense anyway. Why would summoning black flames or huge skelletons be related to an eye technique anyway? Ah well, Izanami alone ruined this chapter for me. Sharingan, Rinnegan and maybe Senju powers and that's all that matters. I want power or rather potential being split evenly, but of course I've long since given up on wishing for that.
LOL i had the same reaction when he first introduced mangekyou sharingan. i mean sharingan is supposed to be genjutsu based, tsukuyomi i get but amaterasu and susanoo? opening other dimensions? where the hell did that come from? kuchiyose no jutsu allows you to summon animals and such but it needs a blood contract, how in the world can you summon black flames and other such things just by using your eyes? i guess kishi is determined to make sharingan so powerful that he constantly comes up with these random power-ups.

Quote:
So the entire plot of Naruto being the one to change Sasuke and make him see the light would have been a huge waste. Great writing there.
i'm guessing kishi finally realized how stupid that concept was, especially when he decided to put itachi back into the picture. if itachi had stayed dead he wouldn't be in this dilemma. but no, he had to bring him back to life. not that i'm complaining since itachi is one of the few characters in this series that intrigued me, but if he really was determined to go with the naruto-saving-sasuke route then he should have come up with better opponents for the ninja countries rather than settle with a bunch of zombies and clones.
Old 2012-04-05, 06:31   Link #72
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Why would they need to? Edo already gives them immortality, infinite chakra and regeneration. Izanagi is just redundant at that point.
Izanagi makes damaged done to you become a illusion so it could prevent a edo getting sealed and beaten since damage done to the edo would vanish using izanagi so its not a redundant jutsu for even a edo.

Izanagi sealed Danzo's sharingan eyes and this sealing of the eyes may be different from normal eye damaging meaning edo Itachi may go blind in 1 eye forever using izanami if its seals the eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Shiryuu View Post
Izanami is most likely just a watered down version of Koto. ie genjutsu only. So it's probably not even that powerful.
Izanami is said to change fate so it likely will be a useful jutsu.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 08:45   Link #73
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I agree even though I dont really dislike any of the MS techs. But izanagi and most likely izanami are more related to genjutsu so they are actually more appropriate for the sharingan than susanoo, kamui or amatersau
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 11:04   Link #74
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Guessing Izanami is inception-esque.
Since Izanagi was a god of life and allowed his user to be virtually immortal I think it's more likely that Izanami will be a reality warping power as well but offensively this time. Itachi claimed he has already set it up so I'd guess it was when he took a swing at Kabuto with Sasuke's sword and "missed".
A jutsu that would write avoiding an attack out of reality and make sure every blows connect and work.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 12:26   Link #75
DarthDestroiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post

Sasuke's staying calmer than I thought. Looks like he won't lose control and kill Kabuto before he can undo the jutsu like I believed earlier. I wonder if there's a chance of Kabuto pulling a Kisame and killing himself before his enemies get what they want out of him.

I think in some way he or other shinobi will screw this up and kill kabuto and Itachi its gonna and he will be pissed and try to destroy the leaf village. I dont see after this Sasuke going to "dark side" if he talks with Itachi.
DarthDestroiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 13:14   Link #76
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Since Izanagi was a god of life and allowed his user to be virtually immortal I think it's more likely that Izanami will be a reality warping power as well but offensively this time. Itachi claimed he has already set it up so I'd guess it was when he took a swing at Kabuto with Sasuke's sword and "missed".
A jutsu that would write avoiding an attack out of reality and make sure every blows connect and work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhKtfu4M4io
Also Izanami could let you see into the future and change events like what Madara seems to do in the fight shown in the link above (at 3:18).

Reality warping sounds too hax unless you control just a small space in reality but it seems possible and you do lose at least 1 eye according to Itachi.

Itachi has 1 thing to tell Sasuke after the fight which makes it seem more likely the Uchiha bros will win so we hear what Itachi has to say.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 14:17   Link #77
ChronoReverse

Maybe Sasuke can learn this jutsu and blind himself in the future to redeem himself since they're totally going to have him redeem himself.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 16:08   Link #78
Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhKtfu4M4io
Also Izanami could let you see into the future and change events like what Madara seems to do in the fight shown in the link above (at 3:18).

Reality warping sounds too hax unless you control just a small space in reality but it seems possible and you do lose at least 1 eye according to Itachi.

Itachi has 1 thing to tell Sasuke after the fight which makes it seem more likely the Uchiha bros will win so we hear what Itachi has to say.

lol if Tobi does Izanami constantly...There's too much talk. Kabuto must have an ultra trump card. Especially if he's not panicked enough to bring Madara there. Where is Muu in all of this? 2v1 is unfair especially if they're Uchihas. On the other end it was 1 Uchiha vs 5 until recently.

Such Uchiha spam everywhere especially when Sharingan becomes Rinnegan. But...does that mean Pain (forgot his real name at the moment) had Sharingan to begin with
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 16:20   Link #79
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Maybe Sasuke can learn this jutsu and blind himself in the future to redeem himself since they're totally going to have him redeem himself.
There's actually nothing to redeem, he did more good to the world than any other village in that same timeframe. He got rid of Orochimaru, Deidara, Itachi (the world doesn't know the truth there), Danzou (who by that time has become the traitor of the kage summit and an obstacle to a ninja alliance) and now he fights even Kabuto. On the other hand Kishimoto didn't let him kill anyone who he attacked, Karin and KillerBee and others all survived. Of course some noname ninja died, but it was self defense since they attacked Sasuke, and they don't matter anyway since Gaara killed like 10 times more fodder when he was a psycho-child. Sure the ninja villages may have many accusations against Sasuke, but they are themselves just killers, so they have no moral high ground here, and of course they won't have the power either.

Those eyes have plot shield anyway, since he got them from Itachi, just like Kakashi getting Obito's eyes as a gift from the most important person he had in his life.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 16:43   Link #80
NightMare_Hibari Kyo
Nightmare

just a question ... please tell me why does sasuke wanna destroy konoha even now ? i mean he is facing kabuto along side his brother and everything seems fine but for some reason even after he knew the truth about itachi accepting such a mission (assasinate the uchiha) he still wanna destroy what his brother sacrificed his life to protect ? does he really wanna waist itachi's life like that ? and yeah while i was reading the latest chapters sasuke was not himself at all its like another charecter where is the old dark sasuke !
NightMare_Hibari Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion