AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-10-04, 04:49   Link #61
Tri-ring

Here is an interesting article in Japanese in which people who saw this new version Lupin the 3rd is complaining about.

Quote:
ルパン新作好評「唯一の不満」は?(The only complaint about the new Lupin the 3rd series.

The people who saw the new series rave about how meticulous the drawings is in which it revives the old faithful Lupin the 3rd they saw in the goode olde days.

The only problem they have is and endlessly rant about is that it's airing slot after midnight stating Nihon TV should air it in Golden time hours to preserve anime as Japanese heritage culture.
Oh well.
Old 2015-10-05, 01:53   Link #62
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Has anyone started streaming this with English subs yet? I'm surprised Funi didn't snatch it up, for completion's sake, if for nothing else...
Old 2015-10-07, 11:21   Link #63
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I don't think I got licensed at all.
Old 2015-10-12, 07:04   Link #64
Dop
Mmmm....

Still can't believe this isn't licensed yet. Must be some reason for it - either they want more money than any of the usual streamers want to pay, or the Italian TV company has exclusive 'everywhere but Japan' rights, or something.
Old 2015-10-25, 19:37   Link #65
Dop
Mmmm....

Seriously, is nobody even watching this by dubious means?
Crunchyroll's Fall 2015 lineup page still has a To be Announced bit, which does rather make me suspect an Italian Embargo, but there are still Ways and Means....

Still, Ep 3 has Lupin pursued by an MI6 agent with a license to kill who is NOT JAMES BOND no sirree bob... There's even a Count of Cagliostro reference which makes perfect sense in context besides being the obvious reference.

On the whole I'm loving the show for its retro charms and I really DO hope that TBA on Crunchy is going to make this show more visible.
Old 2015-11-19, 20:00   Link #66
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I enjoy this week episode, its a homage to one of the old Lupin episode from part 2.
Old 2015-11-20, 04:09   Link #67
j4c06

This series is a pleasure to watch. Lots of style and lots of soul and lots of goofing around, too
Old 2015-11-21, 11:36   Link #68
bastek66

Actually, why is this still in Upcoming, it started already in August in Italy and we are getting subs everyweek.
Old 2015-11-22, 11:59   Link #69
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Actually, why is this still in Upcoming, it started already in August in Italy and we are getting subs everyweek.
Is the show getting its Japanese run now? I ask because a Japanese showing was the criteria decided upon for moving the show from Upcoming to Current.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The mods discussed this. We decided to wait until the show has its Japanese run before moving it to Current.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2015-11-23, 05:56   Link #70
bastek66

But it airs in Japan since same day as Lance and Masques and Young Jack Black.
Old 2015-11-23, 11:26   Link #71
LKK

Thank you for informing me. I'll move the thread.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Closed Thread

Tags
action, adventure