AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-09, 07:51   Link #121
pnyxtr
Geezer

More than a month? Hardly.
Now repent your clueless ways and go download the latest chapter.
Old 2006-07-09, 18:56   Link #122
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyxtr
More than a month? Hardly.
Now repent your clueless ways and go download the latest chapter.
Last time I checked, chapter 31 was made available in early June. Now where's my chapter 32 and 33?
Old 2006-07-10, 02:25   Link #123
pnyxtr
Geezer

31 was released less than a month ago.
32 is out since the day before yesterday, and can be found where you would normally find them.
33 hasn't been published yet.

Now you have more repenting to do. Get to it.
Old 2006-07-10, 07:53   Link #124
Rion
Ramune~

I am surprised by pnyxtr's patience of explaining things like these despite such obnoxious questions and complaining. Especially when I see Mangascreener people's usual behaviour. (Even more when it comes to Bokurano because I remember that it originally was only a fun/experimental project and I was silently begging my non-existant God for them to continue.)

Personally I have to admit that I found this chapter very, very touching. Now I know who the girl on the cover of this Afternoon is (I find it very beautiful, by the way), and seeing her coming out and even proposing to shake hands (or something like this) was a big surprise to me

I'm slowly beginning to enjoy Bokurano more than Naru Taru even O.o
Old 2006-07-10, 20:27   Link #125
Diedrupo

Jesus christ. When I revived this topic I expected someone who's read the chapter or in the know to start talking about it like what usually happens, not someone to try to correct me because I was wrong about "the last chapter was a month ago" (of course since I'm trying to find out latest info on the series, how would you expect me to be right?)

BTW I don't know what this usual place is. Mangascreener has made it particularly hard to get their releases for people who can't use IRC to download stuff due to firewalls/networks. And even when I try to look for the raw, the usual place in that case is a site that begins with a Japanese city and ends with the Japanese word for Library. Doesn't have it.

But thanks Rion, at least you started discussion on the latest chapter, unlike the other person who only expects us to go out and figure things out on our own.
Old 2006-07-12, 15:02   Link #126
pnyxtr
Geezer

And here I thought you wanted to be informed that there was more translated than you knew about. How silly of me.
Speculating about what could have happened is so much better than actually reading the chapter and finding out, after all.
Old 2006-07-14, 07:13   Link #127
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo
Mangascreener has made it particularly hard to get their releases for people who can't use IRC to download stuff due to firewalls/networks.
They haven't "made" it hard to get their releases. They chose IRC as their distribution method, most manga releases are distributed that way. If you have trouble with IRC, you can't blame them for that.

It's not too hard to ask someone to create a torrent or put it on a web server, either.
Old 2006-07-14, 20:13   Link #128
WTTrinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
It's not too hard to ask someone to create a torrent or put it on a web server, either.
The most recent chapters are already distributed at a very easy to find manga distro website. (I'd mention it, but I'm not sure if they have only unlicensed stuff.)
Old 2006-07-14, 20:26   Link #129
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Back to discussing the manga, shall we?

Spoiler:

On Narutaru related news... I spoke with Dark Horse representatives (some of the more higher up people too) about the series while at Anime Expo. They have no intention of ever publishing any more of it in any form. He even basically said in not so many words to go ahead and scanlate it. Specifically he said "Well, I know that there are a very small group of fans, and they'll do what they have to do."
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-07-18, 12:48   Link #130
Quasi Mortuus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
On Narutaru related news... I spoke with Dark Horse representatives (some of the more higher up people too) about the series while at Anime Expo. They have no intention of ever publishing any more of it in any form. He even basically said in not so many words to go ahead and scanlate it. Specifically he said "Well, I know that there are a very small group of fans, and they'll do what they have to do."
That is very good news, because I would really like more of Narutaru (I really liked the anime, and I want more ). So I hope someone picks it up again.
Old 2006-07-18, 13:30   Link #131
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quarkboy not to derail this thread too much but have you mentioned this to the mangascreener team? I know they were initially interested before it was licensed, now its a dead title I wonder if they would be interested again?
Old 2006-07-18, 15:45   Link #132
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
Quarkboy not to derail this thread too much but have you mentioned this to the mangascreener team? I know they were initially interested before it was licensed, now its a dead title I wonder if they would be interested again?
Well, if I had a lot of time I'd translate it myself. My japanese has improved QUITE a lot since I started summerizing Narutaru 3 years ago. You might even blame your (tsurumaru's) slowness in finishing the volume 12 summerizes as a catalyst that ended up with me studying japanese and founding my own fansub group.
It's something I'm considering, but right now I'm afraid that my current projects take precedence.

And in any case, Dark Horse may privately not care about scanlations, but that wouldn't change their public stance of rights ownership, and I'm not sure MAngascreener would cross that fine line.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-07-19, 06:29   Link #133
stpehen
kisses for all

We wouldn't work on something that we hadn't started ourselves... And I wouldn't start it from scratch when it's already been half-published. Sorry folks.

I'm sure someone dedicated to Narutaru will finish it eventually.
Old 2006-07-19, 06:58   Link #134
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
If it's scanlated, I really hope the scanlators start post anime. I'm sure everyone's bursting to see what happens after. The summaries were quite disturbing, and I couldn't imagine seeing it in manga form.
Old 2006-07-19, 16:14   Link #135
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

If anyone had a place to upload raws of each volume I'd be quite happy to provide them (approx 41Mb per volume).

Scribble its worth picking up volume one because of a segment left out of the Anime that has some major links later on in the series.
Old 2006-07-24, 07:42   Link #136
animernq

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
If anyone had a place to upload raws of each volume I'd be quite happy to provide them (approx 41Mb per volume).

Scribble its worth picking up volume one because of a segment left out of the Anime that has some major links later on in the series.
You could try Rapidshare.de or Megauploads.
Old 2006-10-25, 04:13   Link #137
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Yay! Stephen is back and has translations for the next three chapters ready, hopefully MS will be releasing them soon. Looks like some more interesting developments.

http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen.../bokurano.html
Old 2006-10-25, 18:58   Link #138
stpehen
kisses for all

Hopefully pnyxtr will be finding time to edit them soon...
Old 2006-10-26, 02:23   Link #139
Vermouth
Sempre libera degg'io

If there is someone here speaking Italian, Kappa Edizioni is going to release Bokurano's first volume this month:

http://www.kappaedizioni.it/pages/legginews.asp?id=170
Old 2006-10-27, 07:31   Link #140
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen View Post
Hopefully pnyxtr will be finding time to edit them soon...
My thanks to you both.
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, seinen