AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-13, 18:36   Link #3801
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, that's part of the reason. The other reasons are A) the majority of SEED fans likely aren't U.C. fans and thus haven't been exposed to a real piece of work like Katejina (though oddly enough everyone likes to compare Flay to her), and B) shipping.
Old 2012-07-13, 18:48   Link #3802
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
shipping
Apparently, when it comes to this, it can get to the point where nothing else matters.

I don't really understand it myself, but that's what I get from snippets of discussions here and there, including at AnimeSuki. Maybe, I'm wrong about it.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:51   Link #3803
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Got me thinking, why a lot of SEED fans out there hate Fllay so much even though she never truly hurt (physically speaking) anybody? While they adore Yzak even after he killed dozens of innocent civilians on that shuttle mercilessly (a jerk as he was). Maybe that’s coz Fllay “hurts” the main character while Yzak killed faceless nobodies (except that little kid).

Seriously, Fllay is nowhere near the level of The Queen of all B*tches, Katejina Loos of Victory Gundam. Now that is one b*tch I want to see being g*ng-r*ped in the end. Death is too nice for her.
She could spend the entire series just singing and playing with Malchio's orphans but she is still NOT Lacus.
Old 2012-07-13, 23:05   Link #3804
Soaring Griffin

Kinda weird how they had a knife and gun in the AA's medical room with an unattended prisoner. Even if he was tied up isn't that asking for trouble?
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 23:09   Link #3805
monster

Trouble answered. Moral of the story? Don't leave guns and knives where children can access them.
Old 2012-07-13, 23:22   Link #3806
Soaring Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Trouble answered. Moral of the story? Don't leave guns and knives where children can access them.
That's good enough for me.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 23:54   Link #3807
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
And that includes the Gundams too. Remember Sai's blunder?
Old 2012-07-13, 23:55   Link #3808
monster

Gundams are guns (giant, walking guns).
Old 2012-07-14, 00:07   Link #3809
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Gundams are guns (giant, walking guns).
Well, I can't argue with that. They even included the word 'gun' in "Gundam" .
Old 2012-07-14, 02:45   Link #3810
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

The recent episodes have definitely reawakened my interest in SEED ended up watching the rest of SEED and some of destiny and the Destiny SEs. Still waiting for the Freedom fight with Rau, my favourite fight of SEED cause Kira reminds me of a Jedi during that fight
Old 2012-07-14, 06:09   Link #3811
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Got me thinking, why a lot of SEED fans out there hate Fllay so much even though she never truly hurt (physically speaking) anybody? While they adore Yzak even after he killed dozens of innocent civilians on that shuttle mercilessly (a jerk as he was). Maybe that’s coz Fllay “hurts” the main character while Yzak killed faceless nobodies (except that little kid).

Seriously, Fllay is nowhere near the level of The Queen of all B*tches, Katejina Loos of Victory Gundam. Now that is one b*tch I want to see being g*ng-r*ped in the end. Death is too nice for her.
Because he didn't know that they are civilians?
He though that they are deserter soldiers.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 08:25   Link #3812
T-T-Thunder!

Yzak also showed guilt for his crimes in Destiny and was apparently going to be executed if not for Durandal's defense of him and his actions.
T-T-Thunder! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 10:27   Link #3813
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Well, that's part of the reason. The other reasons are A) the majority of SEED fans likely aren't U.C. fans and thus haven't been exposed to a real piece of work like Katejina (though oddly enough everyone likes to compare Flay to her), and B) shipping.
Another thing to add, there are people who just hate Fllay because she's Fllay. No other reason. Or it may be because of the fact she "had" Kira first in a way the Lacus fans are still pretty much sore about up to this day.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 10:56   Link #3814
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Because he didn't know that they are civilians?
He though that they are deserter soldiers.
And that's supposed to make it better? A crime is still a crime.
Old 2012-07-14, 14:09   Link #3815
Gundamx

Quote:
And that's supposed to make it better? A crime is still a crime.
Let me see....
You killed soldiers in war > not crime but honor.
You killed civilians in street > crime.

From Yazak point of view they are deserter soldiers > So why should he let them run? So they can fight other day and kill more ZAFT soldiers?

He never even dream that there could be civilians in that battle after all it's SPACE battlefield!
(You can't find random civilians walking/hiding/didn't leave the area in space battle... can you?)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 14:14   Link #3816
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Let me see....
You killed soldiers in war > not crime but honor.
You killed civilians in street > crime.

From Yazak point of view they are deserter soldiers > So why should he let them run? So they can fight other day and kill more ZAFT soldiers?
And what if the shuttle had been full of wounded soldiers being evacuated from a space battle? If that were the case and Yzak pulled the trigger, it'd still be a war crime.
Old 2012-07-14, 15:16   Link #3817
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Another thing to add, there are people who just hate Fllay because she's Fllay. No other reason. Or it may be because of the fact she "had" Kira first in a way the Lacus fans are still pretty much sore about up to this day.
Don't forget that to rub salt in the wound Kira and Lacus sleep in separate beds. Kira was much better off with Fllay, at least she wasn't a tease. Though at least Kira isn't as worse off as Athrun is when it comes to women. Guy made a harem yet never did anything with it at all, he even had Lunamaria jump out of it and go with Shinn. You know you've messed up if your harem is the one that abandons you and goes for the guy you abused earlier in the series. Cagalli even gave him his ring back. Ouch... But at least Athrun still has Lunamaria's less hot baby sister, right?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 15:22   Link #3818
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
And what if the shuttle had been full of wounded soldiers being evacuated from a space battle? If that were the case and Yzak pulled the trigger, it'd still be a war crime.
Would it? i dont think SEED laws has ever been explained to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
But hating Fllay because she is Fllay is justified, she was a crazy racist bitch until the last 5 episodes or so.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 15:24   Link #3819
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Would it? i dont think SEED laws has ever been explained to be honest.
More than likely. It'd be the equivalent of a bunch of U.S. soldiers capturing an enemy base, finding the infirmary full of wounded soldiers, and shooting them all in their beds. You can bet that shit wouldn't fly with everyone else.
Old 2012-07-14, 15:27   Link #3820
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

To be honest, trying to compare things in real life with a animated show is destined to end in a shitstorm.

But things like you mentioned do happen in real life and said soldier(s) walk away unprosecuted.

What Yzak did has happened in real life aswell, Soldiers engaging civilians by mistake, Civilians being mistaken for military targets, etc.

That Yzak killed them was an act of rage and misunderstanding of who was onboard the shuttle.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep