AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-12-27, 06:42   Link #61
Keahi19

A yuri version? *Blinks* I've missed out by only having a PS2 version. The Wonderful Life, not the other one.
Keahi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 14:59   Link #62
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Well I don't know if you'd call it a "yuri" version exactly but
I guess in a way it is. Actually on the GBA Harvest Moon uhm... Friends of Mineral Town. In 'More' Friends of Mineral Town (The Girl version) if you give gifts to the girl's they get the red heart text to show up.

I had Karen saying she was thinking about me all the time. XD
But you can't marry they since you lack the heart triggers.

But I guess in a nutshell the "Best Friend" system is basically allowing the girls to marry the girls. It's only out in Japan though... Harvest Moon: DS For Girl that is. Likely won't come to the US for that reason. (US doesn't seem to like yuri. They seem fine with some yaoi oddly though. It's just the girl x girl they won't let come)
Old 2007-12-27, 17:23   Link #63
Keahi19

Yeah that surprised me. THey have plenty of Yaoi, even graphic Yaoi in freakin Borders Books, and yet when it comes to having Yuri or anything else, they get squimish. What's the deal>?
Old 2007-12-27, 19:44   Link #64
Oppius
Banned

Double standard perhaps...Or maybe most people thought that "hentai for men, yaoi for women" thing and of course no place for shoujo-ai/yuri.

Back to the topic, getting female housemate in girl version of Harvest Moon is better than getting a husband in my opinion.What kind of husband letting a woman running down the farm? Unlike in A Wonderful Life where your wife and your child can help you at the farm.

Then I think what will the future HM games in PS3 and XBOX 360 may look like? I hope the future games allow you to become a mayor at village if you were popular enough.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 21:11   Link #65
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Double standard perhaps...Or maybe most people thought that "hentai for men, yaoi for women" thing and of course no place for shoujo-ai/yuri.

Back to the topic, getting female housemate in girl version of Harvest Moon is better than getting a husband in my opinion.What kind of husband letting a woman running down the farm? Unlike in A Wonderful Life where your wife and your child can help you at the farm.

Then I think what will the future HM games in PS3 and XBOX 360 may look like? I hope the future games allow you to become a mayor at village if you were popular enough.
Wouldn't that take away the essence of HM, if u were able to do that?!
I know ppl are always looking for more in new games but HM is about running a farm and should really stay that way. When they start throwing in all these new things it can kinda ruin it all. Only my personal opinion.
Altho saying that some new things are welcomed just as long as it works well enough
Old 2007-12-27, 22:04   Link #66
Keahi19

I don't know. Being the mayor of the town and being a farmer can be rather interesting. In the old days the mayor was often a land owner. Course we could take HM back into the early 20th century.

OOH Depression Era Harvest Moon. WHEE!! Forclosure.
Old 2007-12-28, 15:09   Link #67
krisslanza

That's the thing with Harvest Moon... It was originally just a farming game. Well and a splash of ranching with the animals. It then later evolved to include dating and marriage... Then it evolved into allowing you to build your farm how you like.

So what could be the next step? There isn't much more you can do involving the farm really... I'd like the return of all the fun HM64-style festivals, too many lack all those fun little things to do. They should bring over the "Best Friends" System over to the US as well while they're at it. ;P

But at least if you play as a girl, recently, the game is still the same. Anyone remember HM3 on the GBA? If you play as a girl your game will always end prematurely. You either get married to the male farmer, which ends the game, or he'll leave... which also ends the game. That always sucked. XD
Old 2007-12-28, 18:13   Link #68
Keahi19

That does suck.
Old 2007-12-29, 02:20   Link #69
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
That's the thing with Harvest Moon... It was originally just a farming game. Well and a splash of ranching with the animals. It then later evolved to include dating and marriage... Then it evolved into allowing you to build your farm how you like.
If I recall correctly dating and marriage were in the very first game as well. In the future I'd like to see some ranch hands or milkmaids or something. People you can hire to do stuff for you (I'm tired of harvest sprites) but you have to keep them happy and pay them regularly and stuff. I'd also like to see more things to do with your money and much more room for expansion. Oh, and I'd like your money to make a difference in the way people treat you, kinda like with the golden logs (and kinda like real life, lol).
Old 2007-12-29, 15:23   Link #70
krisslanza

Well true the SNES allowed you to get married/date, but it was with only one person and the feature was removed from the series until it debuted on the consoles (Can't fit something like that in the GB/GBC)

Actually speaking of GBC... If I recall Harvest Moon 2 was the first to have a sort of 'heart event' system as speaking to the various shopkeepers over a (long) period of time would get them to have special events. I remember my favorite was the flower girl would offer to get bathe in the hot spring with you... We need more of that action The events were non-gender modified of course, so even if your a female she acts all shy about it.

A nice idea... I never did have them yell at me about the Golden Log thing. Although I wonder why a log worth 100,000G makes them mad but you buying a cottage for like... 999,999,999 or something doesn't? XD
Old 2007-12-29, 17:04   Link #71
AnimeFangirl

Heh, you should try the log sometime. It's hilarious how pissed off they get.
Old 2007-12-29, 18:13   Link #72
Tatsushiro

Quote:
Well true the SNES allowed you to get married/date, but it was with only one person
No, you had a total of 5 girls you can date and marry.

Quote:
and the feature was removed from the series until it debuted on the consoles
I'm sorry, what? It seems like you're spouting things you don't quite know about.
Tatsushiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 18:28   Link #73
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsushiro View Post
I'm sorry, what? It seems like you're spouting things you don't quite know about.
In the gameboy versions the dating features were removed. I think the gameboy advanced was the first portable version that had it, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Old 2007-12-30, 17:52   Link #74
krisslanza

Kamui is correct. Well 99%. You could get married in the Harvest Moon 3, but it was only to the other farmer... And, as I mentioned, if your female the game then automatically ends. And there is no heart events or anything; the more you speak to the other the more they like you and they'll eventually ask if you want to marry them. Or something.

The marriage system as we now know (heart events and all that good stuff) only started when HM64 came out (Excluding the SNES).

Gah. I want that HM: DS For Girl.
Old 2007-12-31, 17:09   Link #75
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Gah. I want that HM: DS For Girl.
Sucks that we only got the first HM for DS. And to add to the pain, the glitched up version.

Best friend system is intriguing, indeed. Girl and girl pairing would suit my tastes just fine.

HMs for the PS2 and GC generation were somewhat disappointing overall. Though the additions to the farming system were nice. I saw a little more focus on livestock in my gameplay for them.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 20:24   Link #76
karin0000
karin0000

Send a message via AIM to karin0000
A who dosen`t play harvest moon
harvest moon is like the bomb
I play it all the time
karin0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 15:36   Link #77
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Sucks that we only got the first HM for DS. And to add to the pain, the glitched up version.

Best friend system is intriguing, indeed. Girl and girl pairing would suit my tastes just fine.

HMs for the PS2 and GC generation were somewhat disappointing overall. Though the additions to the farming system were nice. I saw a little more focus on livestock in my gameplay for them.
Yeah no Witch Princess or Harvest Goddess to marry. I wanted the Witch myself...

Oh totally it would. Yuri HM ftw, amirite!?

The only HM that deserves to be burned with holy fire is Save the Homeland. I hated that one. Took everything about Harvest Moon and totally butchered it. I did like how in the A Wonderful Life series the game had a 'end'. Although it also kind of sucked. Still, it was nice to see how characters aged for a change. I suppose. (Nice that your kid actually ages beyond a toddler too)
Old 2008-01-04, 06:26   Link #78
Keahi19

Yeah Wonderful Life is the only one I played cause they only came out for two with the PS2. And I was gtoing to be freakin homicidal if I had to play Save the Homeland. It just looked horrible.
Old 2008-01-04, 07:20   Link #79
AnimeFangirl

Not just "looked," it was horrible. Only Harvest Moon I couldn't play for more than an hour. So slooooow. So dulllll. So absolutely terrible I don't even know what to say any more. Let's pretend it never happened, shall we?
Old 2008-01-04, 17:32   Link #80
krisslanza

I second that motion. I mean... Reduce the game to 4 crops that are grown in all seasons and just alter their growth rate in certain seasons... Give you 1 year to play, no festivals, and you can't get married...

I do like AWL's new stamina system. That is using tools makes it higher. Although I do miss the classic Power Berry...