AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-16, 18:29   Link #261
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

One question about the Viz's streaming: How do you feel about them subbing Madoka's signature "Maru" as "Perfect?" I'm assuming they are going for an equivalent to the meaning she is using, which is "correct."
Old 2012-01-16, 21:31   Link #262
djmaca
My Girl ↓

^Actually I kinda assumed her "Maru" as something like "Victory!" or "Alright!" or "Success!" anything that exclaimes a success.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 03:03   Link #263
Akarin

Spoiler for cockpit comparison:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post

Full size here. I don't recall seeing this image anywhere in this thread, but if it already has been posted, then I apologize.

I found the second to be really enjoyable, and I look forward to seeing Lan pilot her robot. I think Lan might be my favorite out of the trio shown in the OP; her hairstyle reminds me of Kaine from Nier, and I loved Kaine’s character design so yeah. xD
Uh oh, I hope the alien boys wont join to Madoka's team and become a love interest for the girls
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 08:02   Link #264
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post

Uh oh, I hope the alien boys wont join to Madoka's team and become a love interest for the girls
Well according to the latest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtshyk
Director Sato Tatsuo tweeted that he has excluded all the romance elements from Moretsu Pirates and Rinne no Lagrange. He said it's an experimental approach to compose the scrips focusing on the friendships without romance, but he believes something unexpected will be created in such an old fashioned way.
Mal
While i'm happy there isn't going to be any guy x girl its not all welcomed news. Things seemed like they might be heading in a Madoka x Lan direction what a pairing they would have made.
ImagineThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 09:28   Link #265
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post

Bet you 5 bucks Madoka is the type who is as thick as a brick when it comes to love.
Old 2012-01-17, 10:12   Link #266
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineThat View Post

While i'm happy there isn't going to be any guy x girl its not all welcomed news. Things seemed like they might be heading in a Madoka x Lan direction what a pairing they would have made.
can someone who knows japanese translate both the question and the answer from twitter?
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 10:32   Link #267
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
You can still ship them even if it's not canon,hat's what yuri goggles are for
Old 2012-01-17, 11:28   Link #268
sa547
*Author

Quote:

A friend clarified that issue to me with this:
http://forum.evageeks.org/post/51858...-Japan/#518585
Quote:
No, no, no... after the 2ch calmed down, the Yuri fans are actually hopeful - now that Tatsuo Satoh made clear that romance is excluded in the two anime he directed this season (Chief Director for Rinne no Lagrange, Director for Moretsu Space Pirate), it actually means yuri is more likely rather than the other way round, because in anime yuri is rarely shown explicitly as such (what happens in Nanoha, Madoka or even "Maria-sama miteiru" is depicted as deep friendship and bonding, but is interpreted by many from yuri angle anyway). Getting rid of the possibility of the three guy "villains" of taking the three female protagonists as love interests in Rinne means the bonding between the three girls will get more focus and make it easier for yuri fans to fantasize about yuri (because no guy is involved now). In fact, some suspected the discussion of why there are 3 guys on the other side that seems to conveniently match the 3 girls on Earth's side may have prompted Satoh to quench any speculation about love and romance will become the main theme in the coming episodes. Needless to say, I am quite hopeful too (being a yuri fan myself) :-)
Old 2012-01-17, 12:00   Link #269
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Well fingers crossed. I was thinking "old fashioned" in the translated tweet could have been synonymous with unconventional in this case.

Seriously the signals having been flashing all through out the first two eps especially from Lan. When you factor in that there is literally one guy for each of the girls, bishounen no less, it would just make any possible relationship between Madoka and Lan the more sweeter. Personally what would have been the icing on the cake was if Madoka wasn't at an all girls school.

Normally i'm not one to care so much about the romantic elements of an anime but Lan x Madoka rubbed me the right way and the set up seems perfect for it. If nothing happens in S1 then hopefully S2.
ImagineThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 13:21   Link #270
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Excellent argument there. Yeah, as a big yuri fan myself, I'm more hopeful given what Tatsuo Satoh made clear there.
Old 2012-01-17, 13:21   Link #271
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:

True, while this might mean Madoka X Lan won't be on screen cannon, at least we won't have to worry about random guy X girl.

Quote:
That that line of reasoning really makes me hopeful.

Quote:
Well fingers crossed. I was thinking "old fashioned" in the translated tweet could have been synonymous with unconventional in this case.

Seriously the signals having been flashing all through out the first two eps especially from Lan. When you factor in that there is literally one guy for each of the girls, bishounen no less, it would just make any possible relationship between Madoka and Lan the more sweeter. Personally what would have been the icing on the cake was if Madoka wasn't at an all girls school.

Normally i'm not one to care so much about the romantic elements of an anime but Lan x Madoka rubbed me the right way and the set up seems perfect for it. If nothing happens in S1 then hopefully S2.
First I'm extremely happy that one thing I worried most about this series, it that they would jam the APB's with Madoka, Lan, and Muginami, will not happen. While I am disappointed that the show may not explicitly go to cannon Madoka X Lan, I'm hopeful that at the very least we will get something on the levels of the relationship between Nanoha/Fate. I also hope that like ImagineThat, that maybe we will get unconventional love in this story.

Last edited by Stevie_Nix; 2012-01-17 at 16:47.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 13:24   Link #272
totoum
Me at work

Of course this could go the other way too,we might also get shonen ai undertones between the guys

*runs away*
Old 2012-01-17, 13:34   Link #273
pinoscotto

i think we are giving too much importance to a tweet, he answered to someone, it's like hearing two guys talking in the middle of the conversation. most importantly he is the dirctor, he isn't the writer of the series...
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 13:36   Link #274
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Of course this could go the other way too,we might also get shonen ai undertones between the guys

*runs away*
A show that tries to simultaneously appeal to yuri fans and yaoi fans would be kind of mind-blowing, actually. I can just imagine the fanart wars.
Old 2012-01-17, 13:59   Link #275
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

*runs away*
I am completely fine with that couse of events because: Yaoi doesn't bother me. It will help eliminate the threat of them pairing up the guys with Madoka, Lan, and Muginami and there by protecting the Yuri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
A show that tries to simultaneously appeal to yuri fans and yaoi fans would be kind of mind-blowing, actually. I can just imagine the fanart wars.
That would actualy be a great thing if Yuri and Yaoi fandoms could join forces to get better series for both.

Also why would there be fan art wars? Wouldn't it be in the best interest of the Yuri and Yaoi fandoms to support each other against the hetero pairings.
Old 2012-01-17, 13:59   Link #276
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
most importantly he is the dirctor, he isn't the writer of the series...
The director generaly can guide the writer in a direction he wants the writer to go.
For exemple in Ano Hana director Nagai had Okada do rewrites because he wasn't satisfied with early versions of the script.

So if he doesn't really want romance I guess he told the writing staff to not put any.

edit:

I'm surprised nobody has brought up the preview at the end of episode 1

"What do you want to go eat Lan?"
"I want a bento prepared by a loving wife"
"I'm not a loving wife"
"you're not?"
"I don't think....actualy,absolutely not"

So I think there'll be Yuri but like djmaca said Madoka will be clueless about it.

Last edited by totoum; 2012-01-17 at 20:04.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 19:53   Link #277
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post

That would actualy be a great thing if Yuri and Yaoi fandoms could join forces to get better series for both.

Also why would there be fan art wars? Wouldn't it be in the best interest of the Yuri and Yaoi fandoms to support each other against the hetero pairings.
Well, by fan art wars, I just meant that you'd see massive amounts of yuri and yaoi fan-art resulting from it, and it would be interesting to see which type of the two would end up dominating. I'm not saying that the two sides would necessarily try to "outdo" one another. It would just seem like a competition based on how much artwork both sides would put out.
Old 2012-01-17, 20:31   Link #278
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Ahh Madoka, you have yet to seize my smile whenever you act goofy and wild in situations that are meant to be serious, but thats what I love about you

As soon as that guy told Madoka "The future of our planet rests in our hands" I immediately thought "Thats a lot of pressure to put on her!" and right after, Madoka said "I can't handle the kind of pressure right now!" I snickered quite a lot after that
It was pretty stupid to put that much pressure on her right at the beginning. It caused trouble for her, beginning to soubt herself, and without her cousin's pep talk, she would've been in serious trouble.

Quote:
I wonder who that girl was that Madoka ran into in the hangers. They were both lost, but the blonde haired girl seemed less worried XD As for Lan, it appears she wants to be more help towards Madoka. It was actually quite surprising to to her begin to tear up since from what we have so from her so far, she''s pretty emotionless. Aww Lan, you big softy However, I guess something happened to Lan since she was stopped by that guy and he mentioned that she may not be able to accept the Vox in her current state.
You could clearly see how Lan was surprised at how easily Madoka could pilot her Vox mech. It seems she still has problems there, but Madoka can probably help her there.

Quote:
In the end, all it took was Madoka's cousin to annoy her to the point that she would want to beat something up, thats a perfectly reasonable way to get the robot moving But, to her misfortunes, it appears that it is a handicap match now (Sorry, after that superplex from last episode, I can't help but use wrestling terms for this anime now )

Good overall, we learned a bit more about Madoka.
Lan will probably overcome her reservations to get out there with her Vox and help Madoka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The enemy waiting for the conversation to end before he bothered to attack proves that the enemy aren't bad people, but are just in a bad position. How unfortunate!
No, that's not it at all. He didn't care about her call and continued to approach her all the time. He just didn't attack her because there was no point, seeing that her mech was powered down. He talked with that other guy beforehand that they want to seize the Vox mechs for themselves, so for that it's best if they only attack (and possibly damage) the Vox mech as little as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
I love these physics!

Spoiler for Episode 2:
I think the helicopters are only there for guiding it - they obviously can't carry it like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Very good observations. I strongly agree with all three, and I do think they help the show a lot. The mecha and tightsuits in particular could not be designed any better, imo. The tightsuits do indeed hit just the right balance.
Yes, the tightsuits are very well designed indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
I am completely fine with that couse of events because: Yaoi doesn't bother me. It will help eliminate the threat of them pairing up the guys with Madoka, Lan, and Muginami and there by protecting the Yuri.

No problem with any Yaoi either, as it makes the road clear for the Yuri!
Old 2012-01-17, 21:49   Link #279
ramlaen

Whats this, a show with great potential might focus on its plot? Heaven forbid.

Its not like there will not be doujinshi to fill your desires.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 22:10   Link #280
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Yuri please... but watch the yaoi: I'm allergic to the stuff.

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri